Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 30,760 Times in 10,793 Posts
Default End Times? Swarm of 1,000 earthquakes hit CA

Advertise Here

Now this article got my attention. A swarm of 1,000 earthquakes hit Southern California ó how nervous should we be? Granted these are small earthquakes. But 1,000 of them? It reminds me of end time prophecy.

I admit I don't know much about end time prophecy but get the sense, with the 2,000 year anniversary of the crucifixion of Jesus coming up in the next decade, that we are close.

What sources of information do you rely on? What is your thoughts about end times?

There will be great earthquakes, and in many places people will starve to death and suffer terrible diseases. All sorts of frightening things will be seen in the sky.
Luke 21:11 (CEV)
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 01:51 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 26,060 Times in 9,368 Posts

Seems like Yellowstone does something every now and again. What passes as acceptable behavior these days is nothing short of appalling.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if mankind was knocked down a few notches and thus forced to return to humbler ways.

I check this site daily.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...t%22%3Anull%7D
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 01:55 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,984 Times in 24,245 Posts

Probably 25-30 years ago I attended a Church. Every Wednesday night they had testimony night. They would pass the microphone around and people would tell everyone what God was doing in their lives.

We had one older man, maybe 90 plus years old. He was an immigrant from Italy. He would always say the same thing in broken English "He Da King on Toppa Da King...Hallelujah"

I don't know exactly what will happen but when it's over the whole world will know and say "He Da King on Toppa Da King....Hallelujah"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 02:10 PM
His Disciple

Thanked 9,126 Times in 3,569 Posts

Blue123 has been on top of this subject: https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=792713

Very interesting indeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,708 Posts

Earthquakes are just a fact of physical life, and by themselves don't indicate anything except that the physical activity of the Earth is still ongoing. BUT...

I do believe we are at the beginning of the final crescendo. There are many signs and symptoms more telling than earthquakes. In the mean time, gather in provisions and knowledge for your family and keep your heart and hopes on what it all means; the Lord is returning to free us from slavery and death.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 18,183 Times in 3,881 Posts

Does anyone see a similarity with Sodom and Gomorrah?

Sodom and Gomorrah

Quote:
Certain skeptics of the biblical account have theorized that, provided that the cities existed at all, they might have been destroyed by natural disaster. One such idea is that the Dead Sea was devastated by an earthquake between 2100 and 1900 BCE. This might have unleashed showers of steaming tar. It is possible that the towns were destroyed by an earthquake, especially if they lay along a major fault such as the Jordan Rift Valley.
I remember forecasts 25 or 30 years go that claimed there would be major earthquakes in California that would devastate the state. The claim is they were guaranteed to happen within the next 20 years.

I'm ready to start selling oceanfront property in Arizona.

The same was predicted for the East Coast, and particularly New York City, which sits right on a major fault line that hasn't moved in a very long time.

According to the theory, fault lines that rarely move are more dangerous than those that occasionally move because movement relieves pressure.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
Does anyone see a similarity with Sodom and Gomorrah?
That reminds me that I saw a move on Amazon Video about this. They explored the area that was supposedly were Sodom was and found many balls of pure sulfur, more pure than we are currently able to manufacture.

Odd how the MSM did not cover this 24/7 like they did the chick who went outside without her panties.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 01:13 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,596 Posts

I was there many years ago. The sites exist, but the cities were destroyed... utterly... which is what is in the Biblical account. There is a very unique smell there and the ground is both dry and sticky at the same time. A Bedouin showed us a pillar of salt that he said was Lot's wife. Taller than me, and probably originally about the size of an average height woman. The air in that area is so dry, and the salt is so full of various minerals, that it is not unreasonable that Lot's wife would still be evident. IIRC, she's southwest and uphill of where Sodom and Gomorrah were. That pillar of salt is the only one in the area, and is on a logical heading away from Sodom and Gomorrah, and a logical place to turn around and look at the cities being destroyed, in defiance of God's instructions.

I googled and found someone (actually many someones) posted a photo(s) of the salt pillar/formation said to be Lot's wife.
Link to one of them
https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...Zr7vOuiBhBLkFM

Longish article about locations of Sodom and Gomorrah that reference Bible verses
https://bibleistrue.com/qna/pqna34.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 02:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,716 Times in 6,741 Posts

Since So Cal is basically on a fault line (a few of them actually) this isn't News. It happens all the time and most people are completely unaware. This is simply sensationalized News to sell papers and generate hits.

Although I do sometimes hope for a semi big one so all the transplants and illegals will get scared and move home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
A Bedouin showed us a pillar of salt that he said was Lot's wife.
It looks like a rock formation. How do you know it is actually a pillar of salt.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:11 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,596 Posts

The pillar doesn't look like the rock in the area.

It looks like dirty mineral salt, but it's got a different texture/appearance than the tarry mineral salt, and definitely different than the clean mineral salt.

There was an article awhile back about the moisture in the air degrading it. I'll see if I can find it and post a link...

The Bedouin and his family were Eastern Orthodox and he wasn't being paid as a tour guide, so he had nothing to gain or lose financially. He was actually fishing to see if we were Christians so he could either share the Gospel or pray with us What he told us was Lot's wife was later confirmed by a military chaplain
The Following User Says Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 03:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 23,574 Times in 7,395 Posts

This is normal in California. People just donít know about the tiny ones, and they werenít worth reporting until click bait for profit became a thing.

Utah has a less active fault, we average over one earthquake a day, but 99.9% of Utahns donít even know we have them. Just like most here donít know most of our precipitation is from rain, and not snow.

Sorry...itís not a message from God.