Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 41,782 Times in 8,195 Posts
Default Why is President Trump blamed for Coronavirus spreading?

Advertise Here

Over the past few months there seems to be a common trend in leftist main stream media blaming President Trump for Coronavirus spreading. Phrases are usually along the lines of "President Trump failed to stop the spread of Coronavirus."

What is missing is what people think he should have done. Not just posting the suggestions today, but months ago. It appears writers for main stream media sat on their hands, then when Coronavirus continued to spread, President Trump was blamed.

When President Trump made suggestions, such as quarantining the Northeast everyone got in an uproar. People such as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo fought Trump on various topics to help control the spread of Coronavirus, then blamed Trump for not doing enough. If people are going to fight Trump are every turn, why even try.

It seems blue states have a policy of fight Trump at every turn, them blame Trump when something goes wrong.

Last edited by kev; 07-04-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,393 Times in 587 Posts

They blame Trump because he's close and handy. People don't want to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions. They want to be safe but not be locked down or quarantine themselves. So it must be someone else's fault if they get sick.

At least they aren't blaming Bush this time.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hatchet jack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 12:43 PM
Comm Monkey

As far as I'm concerned the blame in my state for the spread, deaths and the economic downfall falls squarely on my Governors shoulders.

He decided when and how to lock down the state, when to ignore hundreds if not thousands of people congregating in large groups to protest (but denied other groups their 1st amendment rights) and the response the state and local government had to all the information available.

Of course the Governor of my state is a moron regardless of his medical degree and has of course tried to blame anything and everything on someone other than himself.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darkwing For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2020, 12:44 PM
Hiker

Thanked 2,725 Times in 512 Posts

It's an election year.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mast3rBlast3r For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 12:55 PM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 21,713 Times in 6,073 Posts

Why is President Trump getting blamed for Coronavirus spreading?

TDS and Orange Man Bad
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,436 Times in 3,655 Posts

Because half the population is stupid enough to believe them...

The Asian virus, created in a bio-lab in china, that spread around the world and killed millions and still going is being blamed on Trump, who was criticized when shutting off travel to and from asia and europe in an effort to halt the spread, is being blamed by the same people who hold mass protest gatherings and say hydrochloroquine doens't work...

Yup... because stupid people believe the headline and are too dumb to read the body text.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Im RIght For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,311 Times in 310 Posts

it's what they do.It's all they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to vtx rudy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 02:17 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 46,057 Times in 14,083 Posts

He's POTUS. When 129K die unexpectedly on your watch you get blamed. Period. And who is HE blaming? Obama of course.
Quote:
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible. DJT 11-13-2008
He liked that phrase so much he retweeted it four times before 3-1-20
Afterwards...
Quote:
No. I don’t take responsibility at all. DJT 3-13-20
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 05:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,109 Times in 8,559 Posts

You could have treated it with the same seriousness as you treated 9-11.

You didn't and lost more people to incompetence than you ever did to terrorism.

The leaders of countries that were successful in combating covid are being praised for there swift and decisive leadership. So not surprisingly if the leader of a country that has absolutely hashed the job is getting criticised.

Who knows. Mabye this criticism will actually force Trump to do real measures to protect the country he was elected to protect. To actually slow down massive amounts of preventable deaths that are occurring.

Probably not.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,109 Times in 8,559 Posts

"What is missing is what people think he should have done. Not just posting the suggestions today, but months ago. It appears writers for main stream media sat on their hands, then when Coronavirus continued to spread, President Trump was blamed"

And this. There was this fringe organization called the CDC that had some crazy ideas that just might of worked.

But nobody listened to those guys.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ess-Plans.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 22,313 Times in 4,780 Posts

Consider the fact that it may not be spreading as much as the media claims. The increase in diagnosed cases in Arizona correlates almost perfectly with the large spike in testing.

The tests are now widely available, so many employers are requiring testing, plus people are doing casual testing. With 70% to 80% of cases being asymptomatic, lots of people who didn't know they had it, or didn't qualify for testing when tests were hard to obtain, are now testing as positive.

The only thing that matters is an increase in hospital admissions and deaths. Those are declining.

Graphic: Coronavirus deaths in the U.S., per day

In other words, it's just more fake news aimed at blaming Trump for something in the hope that some of their crap will stick with uninformed voters.

There is no dirty trick too low for the media or the Democrats.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 05:35 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 23,547 Times in 6,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
He's POTUS. When 129K die unexpectedly on your watch you get blamed. Period.
Indeed. It's the usual, and obvious reason.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 06:06 PM
Forum Administrator

Default Greg Abbott did a power grab on Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing View Post
As far as I'm concerned the blame in my state for the spread, deaths and the economic downfall falls squarely on my Governors shoulders.
I also partially blame my governor and local government.

My opinion, they want to open the economy so the state does not have to extend unemployment benefits. Texas recently added another two months to unemployment benefits, but the extra $600 a week the federal government pays is suppose to end at the end of July.

With states partially closing again, the feds will have to do something. If the states are reopening, then the feds do not have to extend unemployment. In short, I feel a lot of the choices came down to money, rather than science. Then again, the so called experts have been wrong about so much. Everything from mask to death rates have been wrong.

I feel places like Texas reopened to fast, and now we are paying the price. Plus, Greg Abbott did not want mayors requiring masks. Abbott like a lot of other governors grabbed power that should have been left up to the local mayors and city councils.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 06:46 PM

I'm a Trump supporter but the Donald has not been much help as far as setting an example for Americans...he won't wear a mask and at his Mount Rushmore event he didn't wear a mask (nor did any of the dumb asses in attendance), and today at Trump's event at the White House he was not wearing a mask (nor were any of the dumb asses in attendance). Do some people still believe this is a hoax with all these dead people piling up from the virus? Me thinks you can't fix stupid!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 556308dawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 06:47 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,600 Times in 7,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
Over the past few months there seems to be a common trend in leftist main stream media blaming President Trump for Coronavirus spreading. Phrases are usually along the lines of "President Trump failed to stop the spread of Coronavirus."

What is missing is what people think he should have done. Not just posting the suggestions today, but months ago. It appears writers for main stream media sat on their hands, then when Coronavirus continued to spread, President Trump was blamed.

When President Trump made suggestions, such as quarantining the Northeast everyone got in an uproar. People such as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo fought Trump on various topics to help control the spread of Coronavirus, then blamed Trump for not doing enough. If people are going to fight Trump are every turn, why even try.

It seems blue states have a policy of fight Trump at every turn, them blame Trump when something goes wrong.
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=934168

In January - seven months ago - we started hearing about something going on in China. Mainstream media reports, rumors, odd things the Chinese government was doing... By February we were going "Oh, ****!!" and prepping like mad. When it started exploding here in March and April we - at least those of us not suffering from chronic anal/cranial inversion - were ready. Terrified, but ready.

Trump and the US government he leads were not. Indeed, they were clueless. Massive information gathering abilities, scientific resources, almost limitless money, and a bunch of civilian survivalists knew more about what was going on AND how to survive it than he did, and apparently still does.

Why aren't YOU blaming him?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 07:23 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
Trump and the US government he leads were not. Indeed, they were clueless. Massive information gathering abilities, scientific resources, almost limitless money, and a bunch of civilian survivalists knew more about what was going on AND how to survive it than he did, and apparently still does.

Why aren't YOU blaming him?
I do not blame Trump because I have inside information that the general public does not.

Let me share that information with you.

I was hired for a public health disease surveillance program in early 2005. The program had been in place for a couple of years before I was hired.

After 9/11 the federal government spent hundreds of millions of dollars on prepping for biological acts of terrorism. A nationwide disease surveillance program was set up. Local health departments were set up with software, new computer systems... all kinds of stuff to report outbreaks / positive test reports directly to the state and CDC. States were given massive funding to develop disease reporting network. This was called the HAN - Health Alert Network, but it goes far beyond what you will find on google. Texas for example had a private network of leased lines that allowed local health departments to access a private network that was only accessible be certain IP addresses.

I was part of a disease surveillance team that mapped local Southeast Texas high schools for mass vaccination programs. I used drafting software to map the flow of people through the school parking lots, to the school where people would be vaccinated for example small pox. We knew the length of the parking lots, the average length of a vehicle, how long the halls of the school were for walk ins.... so we could estimate how many people each school how handle.

One reason why I was hired was because I have blue print and drafting experience from my years working in welding shops.

I also did contact tracing when something like E. Coli was reported to the health department. I have first hand experience with doctors and hospitals hiding behind HIPAA and refusing to give out patient information.

In the years following 9/11 a gradual shift began away from acts of biological terrorism to pandemic planning. Around 2010, or 2011, if memory serves me right, the federal government started making budget cuts to the foundation that had been in place for close to a decade. Local health departments faced budget cuts. and gradually everything put into place in the early 2000s fell to the wayside.

Under President Bush hundreds of millions of dollars had been spent to modernize computer systems, and software had been put in place for contact tracing.

Under President Obama that funding was cut.

President Trump was left holding the bag when things fell apart.

If you want to blame someone, blame Obama. His administration helped undo over a decade of pandemic planning.

Blame the CDC for refusing to allow other health providers to do COVID-19 testing. For awhile only the CDC could test samples.

Blame the CDC for testing guidelines that caused providers to refuse to test patients who had COVID-19 symptoms because the patient could not provide contact tracing.

Blame the states and providers for not standing up to the CDC and doing their own testing.

Blame the CDC for not requiring health providers be provided with N95 masks. Hospitals were firing nurses because the nurses demanded N95, but the hospital said thy were following CDC guidelines.

Blame the World Health Organization for being Chinas pawn. When Taiwan said COVID-19 was airborne, China used their political clout to exclude Taiwan from WHO meetings.

Misinformation directly from the CDC saying wearing a mask does not help prevent the spread of COVID.

Dr. Anthony Fauci telling people not to buy masks.

Governors overreaching their power and ordering mayors not to require mask.

New York governor Andrew Cuomo refusing to quarantine the northeast.

When Trump placed travel restrictions on parts of China, Democrats played partisan politics and called Trump racist.

Blame local doctors and health providers for refusing to provide contact information on covid-19 patients. Local health departments had been fighting this for close to 20 years.

But somehow all of that is Trumps fault? Including the budget cuts in the Obama administration?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,600 Times in 7,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post

<snip>

But somehow all of that is Trumps fault? Including the budget cuts in the Obama administration?
He had three years to fix all problems. Two of those years with a Republican controlled House, as well as a Senate. For what I can see, he and Bolton mainly spent that time reducing the US' ability to react to pandemic, if anything. If you don't want to believe this, to ascribe blame elsewhere, feel free.

After all, none of that changes where we are today, does it?

And we survivalists STILL reacted better than the government did in this case. Don't you agree?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
He had three years to fix all problems. Two of those years with a Republican controlled House, as well as a Senate. For what I can see, he and Bolton mainly spent that time reducing the US' ability to react to pandemic, if anything. If you don't want to believe this, to ascribe blame elsewhere, feel free.
I disagree. Balancing trade and getting US companies to move back the US would have better prepared us.

Obama did so much damage to the nation it will take at least two Trump terms to start to fix it. Thx to the communist FDR Trump can only serve two trerms.

Quote:
And we survivalists STILL reacted better than the government did in this case. Don't you agree?
I agree.

~~ EDIT ~~

Blaming obama is not entirely fair. The root started with Richard Nixon. When Nixon restored relations with China a few years later companies started moving to China for the new markets and cheap labor. Every president since Nixon, except Trump, has weakened our ability to respond to either war or pandemic.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,393 Times in 587 Posts

I find it sort of strange that for so many years people have been clambering for a smaller role of big government in our lives, less centralized government and more states rights and control and now the same people want to blame the central government and the sitting president for the crisis. You can't have it both ways.

And the less government control and no centralized government and states rights was what the civil war was fought over.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hatchet jack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,935 Times in 3,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556308dawg View Post
I'm a Trump supporter but the Donald has not been much help as far as setting an example for Americans...he won't wear a mask and at his Mount Rushmore event he didn't wear a mask (nor did any of the dumb asses in attendance), and today at Trump's event at the White House he was not wearing a mask (nor were any of the dumb asses in attendance). Do some people still believe this is a hoax with all these dead people piling up from the virus? Me thinks you can't fix stupid!
I voted for Trump and most likely I'll vote for him again in November.

But yes, Trump has set an AWFUL example. Not wearing a mask is a big one. I even expected better of Pence but he only recently started wearing one. Don't ask your people to do something that you won't do.

Trump has continually showed that he doesn't take this serious. From the very beginning he kept saying it's no big deal, it's only one person, it will just go away, etc. For a while he even said it was Fake News.

And then almost every single time he gives a press conference about it, all he does is toot his own horn, and with vague generalities, nothing specific - "We've got the best people working on it", etc.

I know the media is all against him and nothing he could do would make them not blame him, but he has not handled this well.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post: