Fix for Over-gassed AK47 - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Romanian AK47 Hammer Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 06-21-2017 04:49 PM
Ak47 14x1 muzzle nut (used) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-30-2017 03:36 PM
AK47 Smooth Receiver Cover Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-22-2017 03:43 PM
2 Monkey Trading AK47 Bottle Opener 1/8 inch Steel Black Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-11-2017 01:46 PM
About the AK47: What are the "good ones"? Bud Military Weapons Forum 44 12-31-2016 11:46 AM

Old 11-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Awesome

Thanked 22,874 Times in 7,582 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKersey View Post
I think stock springs are usually just fine. In my situation, the spring wasn’t the problem. I have stock springs in all my other AK’s and they are good.
what makes you so sure the recoil spring in the one causing the problems is up to par with the rest?
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2019, 05:58 AM

I currently own and shoot a total of 10 AK's.

3 - GP-1975's

1 - Lancaster "Russian Red"

2 - Arsenal Milled Bulgarian's (1 SAM-7 Pistol & 1 SAM-7 Rifle)

2 - 1960 Polish Milled Reciever Models

2 - Yugo Underfolders

Not one I own, (or have ever fired), "recoils like a .30-06". I'm not trying to call anyone a liar here. But this just doesn't add up?? Was the gun's gas system tampered with before you got it?

Most AK's are over gassed to a certain degree by design. Much like the Ruger Mini 14. It is done so to increase reliable functioning. But I can't imagine over gassing one to produce recoil in the .30-06 range from a 7.62 X 39 MM cartridge. There has to be something else in play here.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:05 PM
Proud American Patriot

Thanked 7,857 Times in 1,608 Posts

I recently bought an AK from Palmetto State Arsenal. The recoil is not excessive, but instead of feeling it in my shoulder I feel it slamming into the side of my face, so much so that the rifle is unusable as far as I'm concerned. I fired 50 rounds or so to make sure it wasn't my imagination, and for the rest of the day my jaw felt like I got in a fight and lost.

I've shot many AKs, and many other rifles of all kinds, even a lightweight 300 Winmag, and never have I ever experienced anything like that. I called PSA and the guy I talked to had to go back and talk to someone else, then came back and said maybe it was over-gassed. So I sent it back.

I mentioned that I shoot left-handed, and the guy I talked to made a big deal out of it, saying that their rifles are meant to be shot right handed. I told him that none of the other AKs I shot left handed did anything like that, but it didn't seem to get through to him.

Anyone here ever experienced anything like this? Any idea of what the problem might be? I don't want them to fix it by making the rifle less reliable.
The Following User Says Thank You to deprogramming services For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,046 Times in 1,893 Posts

I sold off a Broomhandle Mauser in 9MM because it hurt to shoot. A Detonics Pocket Nine self destructed in about 300 rounds, also in 9MM.
PaulKersey is one of those guys..... I always read his posts when I run across them. Rather than **** and moan, he gave it some thought and came up with a solution. The Horror.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve marshall For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 34,278 Times in 8,798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
I can't imagine over gassing one to produce recoil in the .30-06 range from a 7.62 X 39 MM cartridge. There has to be something else in play here.
I can’t imagine anyone taking the “30-06” comment literally. Of course the little 7.62x 39 can’t even come close to producing the energy of the much bigger 30-06 round. The comment was used to illustrate the harsh recoil of my AK47, but in no way was meant to be a side by side comparison. I hope my comment didn’t cause sleepless nights.

Regardless of what people say....Santa Clause isn’t real, either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 07:12 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 34,278 Times in 8,798 Posts

Thanks for the good words, Steve.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post: