Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 12-02-2019, 04:56 PM
1 John 2:6

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Wolf View Post
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
This indicates no change of the laws/terms...just location...from stone to heart. The Priesthood DID change from temporal to Eternal.

What does His Spirit do in regards to this?

Eze 36:25* “And I shall sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean – from all your filthiness and from all your idols I cleanse you.*
Eze 36:26* “And I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh,*
Eze 36:27* and put My Spirit within you. And I shall cause you to walk in My laws and guard My right-rulings and shall do them.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Off-Grid For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,330 Times in 18,802 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-Grid View Post
This indicates no change of the laws/terms...just location...from stone to heart. The Priesthood DID change from temporal to Eternal.

What does His Spirit do in regards to this?

Eze 36:25* “And I shall sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean – from all your filthiness and from all your idols I cleanse you.*
Eze 36:26* “And I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh,*
Eze 36:27* and put My Spirit within you. And I shall cause you to walk in My laws and guard My right-rulings and shall do them.
Many of the moral edicts of the Old Covenant are included in the New Covenant but there are also several differences. As you stated, one change is that of the Priesthood. Another is the elimination of animal sacrifice which could never fully pay for a man's sin. Christ's blood is the "ink" of the New Covenant. Also ... we no longer have to stone Sabbath-breakers to death (a requirement of the Old Covenant).

The New has replaced the Old:

Hebrews 8:13, "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

Paul repeatedly reminds us that love is the fulfillment of the law. Christ leaves us with two, great commandments: Love God and love thy neighbor.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Quote:
What a terrible reading. The idea that the Law of Moses is of force for the Christian, with its clean and unclean animals today is taught against in entire books.

I agree with you on many issues but I have do disagree here. Peter's vision had to do with "clean" vs. "unlcean" men. The fact that Peter couldn't believe his vision at first is evidence that even Peter understood clean vs unclean foods. I still believe that some foods should be avoided while others are to be readily eaten as long as it's cooked properly. I do NOT believe it's an issue of salvation as much as it is an issue of health.
Ok a few questions to consider
When was the last time you went to the temple to worship?

When was the last time you offered a bull, goat for the forgiveness of sins?

When was the last time you refused to eat catfish or bacon?

When was the last time you refused to wear clothing made of mixed fabrics?

When was time you stoned an adulterer or run a false prophet through with a spear as commanded?

If the law of Moses is in effect. The. Paul committed an outright lie of epic proportions when he said.

Galatians 5 (KJV 1900): 5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth.

This whole discussion was about just what this fellow is doing above. They were called Judaizers and what they were teaching was a combo deal of Christianity and Judaism. You must keep the circumcision in order to be saved because it was a mandate of the law on the 8th day a child must be and any gentile must be in order to proselyte into judaism. So they tried to bring this over among other things and Paul said absolutely not circumcision profits nothing and if I seek to be justified by the Law of moses rather than Christ I have fallen from Grace and I am debtor to do the whole law. So if we accept his definition of what is being said. Christ's death was in vain and we must still keep the law and make those animal sacrifices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mississippi Wolf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:27 PM

Rom 8:1* There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah יהושע, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.*
Rom 8:2* For the torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah יהושע has set me free from the torah of sin and of death.*
Rom 8:3* For the Torah being powerless, in that it was weak through the flesh, Elohim, having sent His own Son in the likeness of flesh of sin, and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh,*
Rom 8:4* so that the righteousness of the Torah should be completed in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.*
Rom 8:5* For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the matters of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the matters of the Spirit.*
Rom 8:6* For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace.*
Rom 8:7* Because the mind of the flesh is enmity towards Elohim, for it does not subject itself to the Torah of Elohim, neither indeed is it able,*
Rom 8:8* and those who are in the flesh are unable to please Elohim.*

Rom 3:20* Therefore by works of Torah no flesh shall be declared right before Him, for by the Torah is the knowledge of sin

Rom 3:31* Do we then nullify the Torah through the belief? Let it not be! On the contrary, we establish the Torah.

Rom 2:13* For not the hearers of the Torah are righteous in the sight of Elohim, but the doers of the Torah shall be declared right.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:32 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,645 Posts

Tripping over the small rocks......... FWIW I have been told sheppards were not in the fields with their flocks during winter. So was Jesus born in December? We will know one day and guess what it won't matter then
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Rom 8:1* There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah יהושע, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.*
Rom 8:2* For the torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah יהושע has set me free from the torah of sin and of death.*
Rom 8:3* For the Torah being powerless, in that it was weak through the flesh, Elohim, having sent His own Son in the likeness of flesh of sin, and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh,*
Rom 8:4* so that the righteousness of the Torah should be completed in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.*
Rom 8:5* For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the matters of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the matters of the Spirit.*
Rom 8:6* For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace.*
Rom 8:7* Because the mind of the flesh is enmity towards Elohim, for it does not subject itself to the Torah of Elohim, neither indeed is it able,*
Rom 8:8* and those who are in the flesh are unable to please Elohim.*

Rom 3:20* Therefore by works of Torah no flesh shall be declared right before Him, for by the Torah is the knowledge of sin

Rom 3:31* Do we then nullify the Torah through the belief? Let it not be! On the contrary, we establish the Torah.

Rom 2:13* For not the hearers of the Torah are righteous in the sight of Elohim, but the doers of the Torah shall be declared right.
I notice you kept changing the word Law to Torah. And treat the Law of the Spirit of Life as the same as the Law of moses based on this misunderstanding. Why Is it that you are using a Hebrew new testament when it was written in Greek and very clearly and easily defeats this nonsensical misinterpretation
Old 12-02-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I notice you kept changing the word Law to Torah. And treat the Law of the Spirit of Life as the same as the Law of moses based on this misunderstanding. Why Is it that you are using a Hebrew new testament when it was written in Greek and very clearly and easily defeats this nonsensical misinterpretation
I changed nothing. I just have an more accurate translation than you do, apparently. Just doing as Scripture says...the last book of the TaNaK says (and last mention of torah):

Mal 4:4* “Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant...

First mention in the NT says:

Mat 5:17* “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah...

IOW, remember...it ain't going nowhere until the new heavens and earth!
Old 12-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
=Mississippi Wolf;19906440]Ok a few questions to consider
When was the last time you went to the temple to worship?

Depends on which temple you're talking about. Where two or three are gathered together in His name there He is in the midst of them. I'm not at all interested in the temples built with hands but in the Temple that Christ build without hands.

Quote:
When was the last time you offered a bull, goat for the forgiveness of sins?

Never have and never will. Christ is the ultimate Lamb sacrificed once and for all time.

Quote:
When was the last time you refused to eat catfish or bacon?
I will have ultra crispy bacon about twice a year (knowing that it's an unclean meat). I really do love the flavor. But I'm a health nut that eats the Keto diet and really try to eat the best of the best when it comes to food.

Quote:
When was the last time you refused to wear clothing made of mixed fabrics?

Zero issue in terms of fabric but I believe there's a bigger issue to consider. God was basically telling us to keep things pure. Don't mix your horse with a donkey and don't breed lions with tigers. But that's my opinion.

Quote:
When was time you stoned an adulterer or run a false prophet through with a spear as commanded?
I wouldn't mind putting a false prophet out of his (and our) misery but that's an activity I'll leave to Christ and His angels.

Quote:
If the law of Moses is in effect. The. Paul committed an outright lie of epic proportions when he said.

When you get to know me ... you'll know that I'm one of the most outspoken Christians on the subject of Old Covenant vs. New Covenant. I've fought many battles through the years and believe 100% that the New Covenant replaced the Old. That doesn't mean that I throw the baby out with the bath water. There are still many moral and ethical edicts found in the Old Testament and I do believe the Old is the foundation upon which the New stands.

Quote:
Galatians 5 (KJV 1900): 5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth.

Agreed. Again ... I use the Book of Acts, Hebrews, and other of Paul's writings often to prove that the Old Covenant laws have been replaced by the edicts of the New Covenant.

Quote:
This whole discussion was about just what this fellow is doing above. They were called Judaizers and what they were teaching was a combo deal of Christianity and Judaism. You must keep the circumcision in order to be saved because it was a mandate of the law on the 8th day a child must be and any gentile must be in order to proselyte into judaism. So they tried to bring this over among other things and Paul said absolutely not circumcision profits nothing and if I seek to be justified by the Law of moses rather than Christ I have fallen from Grace and I am debtor to do the whole law. So if we accept his definition of what is being said. Christ's death was in vain and we must still keep the law and make those animal sacrifices.

Anyone who knows me on this forum knows that I fully and completely oppose the Judaizing of Christianity. Judaism wholly rejects Christ so I wholly reject Judaism.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Anyone who knows me on this forum knows that I fully and completely oppose the Judaizing of Christianity. Judaism wholly rejects Christ so I wholly reject Judaism.
Same here...Here is just a sampling of the men-imposed traditions/restrictions/burdens that have made the day (sabbath) into bondage for so many people. SOOOO sad. Some Christians even think Messiah BROKE (sinned) the Sabbath because they have no clue about the two separate and distinct sets of "laws" being spoken of. I wonder if these notions have kept well-meaning folks from enjoying this set-apart day?

>Forbids all carrying in the street. A key or a handkerchief must be left at home. Certainly pocketbooks, purses, wallets and key-chains may not be carried. The only thing one may carry outdoors are things that are actually worn. things which may not be handled on the Sabbath. These include such useless things as pebbles and stones. They also include things which may not be used on the Sabbath, such as pencils and candles

>When an electric light is turned on, its filament is heated white hot, producing light. This is therefore forbidden on the Sabbath.

>Forbidden to cut or tear paper in any way. To take a very mundane example, one may not tear toilet paper on the Sabbath. Religious Jews therefore only use pre-cut paper.

>No use of musical instruments on the Sabbath

>One may not seal an envelope nor attach a postage stamp on the Sabbath. Fastening something with a safety pin, however, is permitted, since this is only a temporary fastening.

>Forbidden to smell a growing flower. Forbidden also, the opening of an umbrella

>If one is eating berries, he may not pick out the bad ones before eating the good ones. One may, however, eat the good ones and leave the bad. No picking bones out of fish to eat.

>No combing of hair on the Sabbath, since this normally also pulls out hairs. Using a soft brush, however, is permitted.

>No swatting a fly or mosquito.

And yes, those who reject Messiah have neither the Father nor the Son.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Off-Grid For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Tripping over the small rocks......... FWIW I have been told sheppards were not in the fields with their flocks during winter. So was Jesus born in December? We will know one day and guess what it won't matter then

It's truly not an issue of giant proportion but you're right about the flocks not being out in the field during winter. I don't personally observe Christmas but I don't shun or condemn folks who do. My immediately family is split about 50/50.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 09:59 AM
His Disciple

Thanked 8,960 Times in 3,527 Posts

Quote:
Many of the moral edicts of the Old Covenant are included in the New Covenant but there are also several differences. As you stated, one change is that of the Priesthood. Another is the elimination of animal sacrifice which could never fully pay for a man's sin. Christ's blood is the "ink" of the New Covenant. Also ... we no longer have to stone Sabbath-breakers to death (a requirement of the Old Covenant).

The New has replaced the Old:

Hebrews 8:13, "In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away50."
AENT Footnote:
The context is Jeremiah 31:31-34, what is “near to disappearing” is the sinful predisposition of man that breaks Torah, not the standard of Torah. Remember that we broke Torah, not YHWH. YHWH did not drop the standard of Torah because Israel chose disobedience; rather, He installed a Renewed Covenant to write Torah upon the heart through the work of the Holy Spirit, according to Messiah. The fact of the matter is that in Messiah, YHWH raised the bar; He magnified Torah; see Isaiah 42:21. Because mankind broke Covenant, YHWH requires complete renovation on our part, not YHWH’s part of the Covenant. This verse in its twisted form, became one of the “crown jewels” of Torahless Christianity which teaches that Torah is decaying and is near to disappearing, but nothing could be farther from the truth. See 2 Peter 3:16. Also, the underlying foundation of Calvinism is that we all “have” a “sinful nature” however no such concept is found in Scripture, only a nature of man or “human nature.” In Galatians 3:27, Ephesians 4:24, and Colossians 3:10 Rabbi Paul exhorts followers of Messiah to “put on the new man” and “put on Messiah.” We are called to reject all false religion and doctrine that makes void YHWH’s Torah (instruction in righteousness) according to the old man (sinful predisposition) and live in the new man who has a “righteous predisposition” and delights in Torah and Messiah.
Quote:
Paul repeatedly reminds us that love is the fulfillment of the law. Christ leaves us with two, great commandments: Love God and love thy neighbor.
We couldn't sacrifice today even if we wanted to, there are two requirements for being able to do so...the Temple and the Levitical Priesthood to over see it.

As far as Love being fulfillment of the law...how do you know WHAT love is in order to fulfill it?? People throw around that word a lot...all you need to do is love, that is the law now. So WHAT is the definition of love??

Again, the OT sets the terms and definitions for what we find in the NT. Here is how we "love" God and love our neighbor: Exodus 20:1-17 and Deuteronomy 5:4-21

You are to love Adonai your God with all your heart, all your being and all your resources
(Deuteronomy 6:4-5)

1. I am the LORD your God
2. You shall have no other gods before me
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD
your God in vain
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

Love your neighbor as yourself
(Leviticus 19:18)

5. Honor thy father and thy mother
6. You shall not Kill
7. You shall not commit adultery
8. You shall not steal
9. You shall not bear false witness
against thy neighbor
10. You shall not covet

All of the Torah and the Prophets are dependent on these two commands

Interestingly, I put together a teaching on love when I was over in Afghanistan and we had to rely on each other to have service. I have attached this before.

Pay attention to slide 9 and the notes that go with it.

Lastly I will end (finally) with this:

1 John 5:2 Here is how we know that we love God’s children: when we love God, we also do what he commands. 3 For loving God means obeying his commands. Moreover, his commands are not burdensome,

2 John:5 And now, dear lady, I am requesting that we love one another — not as if this were a new command I am writing you, for it is the one which we have had from the beginning. 6 Moreover, love is this: that we should live according to his commands. This is the command, as you people have heard from the beginning; live by it!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LOVE presentation.pdf (750.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf LOVE lesson notes.pdf (272.6 KB, 2 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 10:06 AM
His Disciple

Quote:
Okay here is your Greek word for Law.

3551. nomos \
Strong's Concordance

nomos: that which is assigned, hence usage, law
Original Word: νόμος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: nomos
Phonetic Spelling: (nom'-os)
Definition: that which is assigned, usage, law
Usage: usage, custom, law; in NT: of law in general, plur: of divine laws; of a force or influence impelling to action; of the Mosaic law; meton: of the books which contain the law, the Pentateuch, the Old Testament scriptures in general.

HELPS Word-studies

3551 nómos – law. 3551 (nómos) is used of: a) the Law (Scripture), with emphasis on the first five books of Scripture; or b) any system of religious thinking (theology), especially when nomos occurs without the Greek definite article.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:13 AM
His Disciple

Quote:
Quote:
I changed nothing. I just have an more accurate translation than you do, apparently. Just doing as Scripture says...the last book of the TaNaK says (and last mention of torah):

Mal 4:4* “Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant...

First mention in the NT says:

Mat 5:17* “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah...

IOW, remember...it ain't going nowhere until the new heavens and earth!
Not to mention, what are the first words we see our Messiah preaching/instructing in the NT? That's right...Torah.

Let's rewind this beautiful bean footage:

Matthew 4:3 The Tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, order these stones to become bread.” 4 But he answered, “The Tanakh says,
‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of Adonai’”(Deuteronomy 8:3)
Even satan quotes the TaNaKh:

Matthew 4:6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “jump! For the Tanakh says,
‘He will order his angels to be responsible for you. . . . They will support you with their hands, so that you will not hurt your feet on the stones.’”(Psalm 91:11–12)
Matthew 4: 7 Yeshua replied to him, “But it also says,
‘Do not put Adonai your God to the test.’”(Deuteronomy 6:16)
Matthew 4:10 “Away with you, Satan!” Yeshua told him, “For the Tanakh says,
‘Worship Adonai your God, and serve only him.’” (Deuteronomy 6:13–14)
Old 12-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I notice you kept changing the word Law to Torah.
It's the same Torah that's in everyone's future. May as well get use to it; it will be the Torah of His coming Kingdom also...

Isa 2:2* And it shall be in the latter days that the mountain of the House of יהוה is established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills. And all nations shall flow to it.*
Isa 2:3* And many peoples shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of יהוה, to the House of the Elohim of Ya‛aqoḇ, and let Him teach us His ways, and let us walk in His paths, for out of Tsiyon comes forth the Torah, and the Word of יהוה from Yerushalayim.”*
Isa 2:4* And He shall judge between the nations, and shall reprove many peoples. And they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither teach battle any more.*

Isa 42:4 “He does not become weak or crushed, until He has established right-ruling in the earth. And the coastlands wait for His Torah.”

Isa 42:21* It has delighted יהוה, for the sake of His righteousness, to make the Torah great and esteemed.*

Writing history in advance acts as a beacon to see if you are headed in the correct direction on his path.

Jer 6:16* Thus said יהוה, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and find rest for yourselves. But they said, ‘We do not walk in it.’*

Messiah made mention of the above also...

Mat 11:29* “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your beings.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:07 AM

I have the Greek new testament. Your version is not more accurate. Not even close .
Old 12-03-2019, 11:14 AM

I wasnt trying insinuate you believe that. I was simply asking you questions in response to his false statements. The Law is incredibly useful.

Galatians 3:24–29 (KJV 1900): Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The law taught us about sin and its consequences, it teaches us about the creation and the fall, it teaches us why we need a savior, it gives us the prophecies of Christ and Israel and histories that brought us this point. It is a very valuable tutor. But a law we are no longer under was simply my point. Calling the Law the schoolmaster and then saying we are no longer under the schoolmaster was pretty clear language. It why we dont follow the Law of Moses anymore for the New Law Giver has arrived and I am as accountable to build an ark as I am to worship at the physical temple in Jerusalem.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,166 Times in 762 Posts

Besides the topic of this thread and concerning the Law,
most everyone is talking around the main point. The main point is that the Lord Jesus Christ's death, burial and resurrection paid the complete penalty, wage, piece for sin.

Salvation is by the grace of God thru faith in Christ, not by keeping the Law or doing good works. Scriptures verifying this have been posted so many times I will not do it again. Unless I have to.

John said in
Quote:
1Jn 3:4* Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.*
However, keeping the law cannot lead to salvation. Paul clearly stated this in

Quote:
Gal 2:16* Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Quote:
Rom 11:6* And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.*
Many time after Paul had visited a city and preached about Christ and had many people saved, men called Judiazers would come after him and tell the new converts that believing in Christ was necessary but now they had to keep the law also. Most specifically the part about being circumcised. This would equate to people saying today you must be baptized to be saved or do something else. Paul and other New Testament preachers preached against this. There is no requirement to keep the Law to be saved or to stay saved.

That is what the Jerusalem council in Acts 15 was all about.
Quote:
Act 15:5* But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.*
And so James the pastor of the church at Jerusalem made the decision to tell the various churches Paul had begun to abstain from idols, fornication, things strangled and blood. Nothing mentioned about the rest of the Law. Basically don't sin.
Quote:
Act 15:20* But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.*
Now don't read into this anything about it being OK to sin or break the law because I have left that out. It is not OK. But it doesn't have anything to do with salvation.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerpv View Post
Nothing mentioned about the rest of the Law.
Here is the key:

Act 15:19* “Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the nations who are turning to Elohim

They were TURNING to Him and they were required to abstain from those 4 things immediately...and as such:

Act 15:21* “For from ancient generations Mosheh has, in every city, those proclaiming him – being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”*

They would learn more Torah every Sabbath.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerpv View Post

Now don't read into this anything about it being OK to sin or break the law because I have left that out. It is not OK. But it doesn't have anything to do with salvation.
2Pe 2:19* promising them freedom, though themselves being slaves of corruption – for one is a slave to whatever overcomes him.*
2Pe 2:20* For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the first.*
2Pe 2:21* For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the set-apart commande delivered unto them. Footnote: eThe singular “command” often means “commands” – see 1Ti_6:14, Deu_17:20, Psa_19:8.*
2Pe 2:22* For them the proverb has proved true, “A dog returns to his own vomit,” Pro_26:11 and, “A washed sow returns to her rolling in the mud.”*
Old 12-03-2019, 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=pinkerpv;19907532l

This would equate to people saying today you must be baptized to be saved or do something else. Paul and other New Testament preachers preached against this. There is no requirement to keep the Law to be saved or to stay saved. [/QUOTE]

1 question. Can I be saved outside of Christ?