Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elon Musk on the future of the future SharpDog General Discussion 0 03-01-2013 10:38 AM
Europe's future is our future aintgottime Financial Forum 1 01-20-2013 03:17 PM
Cooking, baking..short term long term, whats your plans in a shtf situation? OhioMan Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 62 07-04-2012 04:35 PM
Can I have mine without? Redrooster Military Weapons Forum 23 12-29-2011 03:24 PM
Next President - Whats Important Whats Not maine-marine General Discussion 8 08-18-2011 09:40 AM
The 1985 of the Future, in Back to the Future II BlueHarvest76 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 08-16-2011 02:23 PM
My plans for the future include gold and farm land. Hick Industries Financial Forum 14 08-11-2010 07:47 PM
Future of Retirement Plans tam40 Political News and Discussion 15 08-01-2009 03:43 PM
economic justice , whats Mine is stolen cause your a lazy tard. S.James General Discussion 21 07-30-2008 05:32 PM

Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 AM

Smile Future plans whats yours? mine is

Advertise Here

Hi
Mine future plans are to find a remote small holding and live the good life the self sufficient life. Raise a few animals, grow a few crops, generate my own electricity etc. Prepare for the future. Whats your plans?
the uk survivalist
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Old Git

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,307 Posts

Mine is to continue to identify and develop links with other survivalists, families and groups of survivalists who share the same concerns as me. Then if I cant persuade them to move up here I'll try and get mutual support agreements set up with them.

The hard part as Billy will agree with is sorting out the seriously commited survivalists out from the Rambo Wannabes, Archairs, False promisers and folks who have got Survivalism mixed up with Survival Bushcrafting.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,439 Times in 3,289 Posts

I live at my bol and love it. In 3 years I will be retired and homesteading full time. But the way the economy is going, I will probably be out of a job sooner then I planned and no $ in hand. But I'll still survive on the old homestead and loven it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona M. Faunce View Post
I live at my bol and love it. In 3 years I will be retired and homesteading full time. But the way the economy is going, I will probably be out of a job sooner then I planned and no $ in hand. But I'll still survive on the old homestead and loven it.
My kinda guy, one who has made the move, wish we had more like you over in the UK.
NR
The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Raider For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 09:04 PM

Hello mate. The burning question that springs to mind is a "what if?" kind of thing. Every single survival situation that I'm planning for negates live stock, crops, ground water etc. Any views on this one?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackeyUK View Post
Hello mate. The burning question that springs to mind is a "what if?" kind of thing. Every single survival situation that I'm planning for negates live stock, crops, ground water etc. Any views on this one?
Aye, That in your case involves lots of research and the spending of a bit of money.
In the short term you will need a 168 BOB IE an emergency survival kit to get you through your first week whilst you get yourself sorted. Thats basically food/drink/tools/medical kit/clothing etc avaiable to you in one pack reasdy to bug out with.

Then at your home / retreat you will need a stockpile of survival supplies.
Food/water/medical/tools/ fuel/ hygiene/ intel/ comms etc.

But to back that and and to prevent you putting all your egggs in one basket you will need a seperate cache or chaches of supplies stored in other accesible locations within reasonable reach from your home.

Finally you will need to do an in depth recce of supermarkets, food distribution centres, oil depots, coal yards,tool stores, camping shops etc around your area that you can salavage from ( without getting shot for looting)

Then you will need to have a marketable skill that others will need that you can trade with.
NR