Libs think mental illness is a red herring. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 08-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 7,938 Times in 2,573 Posts
Default Libs think mental illness is a red herring.

Advertise Here

After Trump blames mental illness for mass shootings, health agencies ordered to hold all posts on issue

So apparently the gun did do it by itself, or made them do it against their will. Which clearly isn't a sign of mental problems.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 12:08 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 7,786 Times in 1,741 Posts

You have to be mentally ill to gun down innocent people.

You have to be mentally inept to be a liberal.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 12:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,766 Times in 7,916 Posts

Given the DemLib level of rationality, and their imperfect grasp of language, law or ethics, I would profoundly distrust anything they might spout about mental health. Would be like a blind from birth person trying to tell those of us with sight how to sort colors.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 03:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 27,262 Times in 6,480 Posts

You have to remember these are the same people who thinking homeless people living outside in their own filth are just "people experiencing homelessness" rather than whack-a-doodle drug addicts or mental patients.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 03:41 AM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 11,774 Times in 3,787 Posts

The people who spoke for the mental illness industry qualified their statement with "diagnosed" mental illness.

Word tricks to mask an agenda.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 04:07 AM
Militant Normal

Thanked 17,867 Times in 6,106 Posts

It's an article by a WaPo writer.

Quote:
violence most often associated with mental illness is suicide
Psychologist I knew many years ago told me that suicide among younger people is almost always an act of aggression against family, or society in general. What better way to amplify the statement by killing a bunch of strangers at the same time?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 06:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,504 Times in 4,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
You have to remember these are the same people who thinking homeless people living outside in their own filth are just "people experiencing homelessness" rather than whack-a-doodle drug addicts or mental patience.
Additionally, many on the left said that those who "deny climate change, should be locked up" as in they're mentally impaired from blindly accepting an unscientific premise. Now there is another movement to label belief of religion (of course, only Christian/Bible-based religions) as a mental illness. The path will eventually lead to gun ownership=mental illness; political opposition=mental illness; subscribing to any form of prepper/survivalist hobby=mental illness; living off-grid/independent from government=mental illness. The Left will continue to define "mental illness" to suit their needs.

When the doctors and psychiatrists work for the government, it will be a lot easier for bureaucrats to define and get support for mental illness.

ROCK6
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 06:44 AM
Trump is Treasonous

Thanked 18,428 Times in 4,922 Posts

So when the TX shooter's lawyer enters an insanity or mentally unstable plea and has several expert psychologists back it up the communists will say the guns made them insane. Since the shooter wasn't "diagnosed" before they committed the shooting of course he wasn't "diagnosed" with mental illness
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalashnikov47 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 12:04 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 7,938 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikov47 View Post
So when the TX shooter's lawyer enters an insanity or mentally unstable plea and has several expert psychologists back it up the communists will say the guns made them insane. Since the shooter wasn't "diagnosed" before they committed the shooting of course he wasn't "diagnosed" with mental illness
`

Which like I said before, I think that if you think a gun either makes someone go crazy & kill people through no fault of the killer or the gun itself walks around killing people all by itself, then that person is suffering from a serious mental disorder. Like someone else pointed out, liberalism itself is a mental disorder, it just hasn't been officially recognized by the medical community.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
liberalism itself is a mental disorder, it just hasn't been officially recognized by the medical community.
Bingo.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodoo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 03:51 PM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 17,540 Times in 5,216 Posts

because "illegal aliens" is the same as "undocumented immigrants"...

smh...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 08:01 AM
Prepared

Mental illness doesn't cover all of it, I think.

The expressed motives of folks the El Paso shooter, the Garlic Festival shooter, the Synagogue Shooter, Charleston Church Shooter, and a few others, was that they were radicalized by an ideology.

Just like fundamental Islam of the 00's, there is a growing undercurrent of folks that want to use violent means to instill terror into those they disagree with. The common thread in many of the recent shooters is that they're 4chan/8chan political believers.

I've been on both sites. It's mostly just kids posting dumb ****. But there is a real vein in there of folks wanting to promote white nationalism and want to achieve that with a civil war.

Young men are being robbed of a place in society. It's the same reason kids without father figures join gangs or terrorist cells. They're young, confused, have nowhere to feel like they're accepted, so they go out to the fringes in search of it.

I blame the lack of fatherhood that's happened in the USA. 1 in 4 kids today are raised without a father. Manhood is considered to be a dirty word in popular media. It's a toxic environment for young men, and that's who keeps getting lured into these extremist communities and eventually lash out.

I'm all for equal rights, but this trend of ****ting on men has got to stop. I doubt any of the shooters above would have done what they did if they had a good family structure and a place in society they felt like they contributed to.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vodka Wizard For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,526 Times in 4,603 Posts

Mental illness has become a catch-all term for something that is not fully understood. If an action contradicts what we believe in, they must be mentally ill. The liberal mindset won't touch mental illness, too close to home for most of them.

I can agree with society failing many young people, but people are not as mentally tough as they used to be. The adage "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" is not in their playbook. What doesn't kill them breaks them down yet another notch. Just another brick in the wall...

The war on men has gelded many a father or father-figure and now they are going after the boys and young men. If you don't have enough alpha in you, you will be susceptible to what society dumps on you.

Social media is a killer in itself. Local to me, we have had kids at age 16 or 17 commit suicide over bullying on FB. Most of these kids see a shooting spree as the end of the road for them.. they are out of options.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 10:25 AM
Militant Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Mental illness has become a catch-all term for something that is not fully understood. If an action contradicts what we believe in, they must be mentally ill. The liberal mindset won't touch mental illness, too close to home for most of them.

I can agree with society failing many young people, but people are not as mentally tough as they used to be. The adage "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" is not in their playbook. What doesn't kill them breaks them down yet another notch. Just another brick in the wall...

The war on men has gelded many a father or father-figure and now they are going after the boys and young men. If you don't have enough alpha in you, you will be susceptible to what society dumps on you.

Social media is a killer in itself. Local to me, we have had kids at age 16 or 17 commit suicide over bullying on FB. Most of these kids see a shooting spree as the end of the road for them.. they are out of options.
In the late '60s I was in college, in Boston. That was the beginning of the "deinstitutionalization" cause which eventually emptied and closed our mental hospitals. I still remember thinking at the time that the people who most strongly pushed the meme were those who were just as crazy as the inmates, and knew it.

On the social media - I spent a vacation week in (2012?) with daughter #1's family, in Idaho. Son-in-law and both boys would sit together on lawn chairs with their noses in their iPhones for hours on end. No human-to-human contact at all. Grandson #1 seems to have come out OK, but #2 is IMHO a budding sociopath. Not stupid, not violent, but I'm pretty sure he'll wind up as a lawyer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 06:48 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 39,981 Times in 9,559 Posts

So.....

In other words...

The mentally ill don't want us blaming the mentally ill

Who knew...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 06:17 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,283 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
You have to remember these are the same people who thinking homeless people living outside in their own filth are just "people experiencing homelessness" rather than whack-a-doodle drug addicts or mental patients.
They also think Bruce Jenner is a woman.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 06:52 AM
μολὼν λαβέ

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,678 Posts

Liberals think you should not own a gun.

There ins't anything more than this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0002S For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 11:12 AM
New Libertarian

Thanked 11,811 Times in 4,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Wizard View Post
Mental illness doesn't cover all of it, I think.

The expressed motives of folks the El Paso shooter, the Garlic Festival shooter, the Synagogue Shooter, Charleston Church Shooter, and a few others, was that they were radicalized by an ideology.

Just like fundamental Islam of the 00's, there is a growing undercurrent of folks that want to use violent means to instill terror into those they disagree with. The common thread in many of the recent shooters is that they're 4chan/8chan political believers.

I've been on both sites. It's mostly just kids posting dumb ****. But there is a real vein in there of folks wanting to promote white nationalism and want to achieve that with a civil war.

Young men are being robbed of a place in society. It's the same reason kids without father figures join gangs or terrorist cells. They're young, confused, have nowhere to feel like they're accepted, so they go out to the fringes in search of it.

I blame the lack of fatherhood that's happened in the USA. 1 in 4 kids today are raised without a father. Manhood is considered to be a dirty word in popular media. It's a toxic environment for young men, and that's who keeps getting lured into these extremist communities and eventually lash out.

I'm all for equal rights, but this trend of ****ting on men has got to stop. I doubt any of the shooters above would have done what they did if they had a good family structure and a place in society they felt like they contributed to.
A mental deficiency allows one to fall for radicalism pushed by others.

Not having the ability to think for oneself is a mental disorder.

Not being able to accept what you see right in front of you because others tell you it’s wrong is a mental disorder.

Everyone suffers from this at least occasionally, for others it’s a lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 12:14 PM
Militant Normal

http://dcwhispers.com/report-of-the-...entee-fathers/

Seems that fatherlessness has a significant correlation to young males going nuts.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 15,250 Times in 3,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper708 View Post
They also think Bruce Jenner is a woman.
That in itself would be a mental illness.