Governor Wolf of PA signs executive order in effort to reduce gun violence - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-22-2019, 08:08 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Thanked 6,901 Times in 1,946 Posts

Advertise Here

Mo' gov't mo' problems.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mantis tobogen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 08:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 21,314 Times in 5,569 Posts

This thread is why anti-gun people win. ****ing contest between states? Seriously. They have no allegiance to states only the enlightened urban elite versus the deplorables dip****s who cling to their guns.

I've been to almost every state in the country and they are all pretty much the same. Fly into the city with the same stores and drive through the similar looking rural areas.

State boundaries aren't much of anything and you can't tell they are there if they go through a city or the countryside. The real difference is the urban/rural divide. For now suburbia typically determines if a state is red or blue unless there is a mega city in the state.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,688 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
This thread is why anti-gun people win. ****ing contest between states? Seriously. They have no allegiance to states only the enlightened urban elite versus the deplorables dip****s who cling to their guns.

I've been to almost every state in the country and they are all pretty much the same. Fly into the city with the same stores and drive through the similar looking rural areas.

State boundaries aren't much of anything and you can't tell they are there if they go through a city or the countryside. The real difference is the urban/rural divide. For now suburbia typically determines if a state is red or blue unless there is a mega city in the state.
You're right Omaha, I drive across the line to Ohio or W VA and it all looks the same we can't have the infighting. I'm very proud of where I'm from and we have a very rich history here in the Old Ohio Valley Region. Hell, George Washington fought Indians and French miles from where I live when our Nation was in its fledgling growth.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,798 Times in 18,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoplite59 View Post
Nomad I get a little bristley when anyone takes shots at my home . I've enjoyed your posts through the years and don't want to start a circular firing squad amongst our own. I just don't like folks bad mouthing what I consider to be the greatest place to live on Earth meaning rural W PA. Truce !
I've got a Marine Buddy living in Rural West Penn.

I really like it.

I'm NOT "Taking shots" at your home.

I AM "Taking shots" at the Scumbag liberal politicians who live in the cities in your state and are telling the rest of y'all how you should live.
Fair enough?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 03:27 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I've got a Marine Buddy living in Rural West Penn.

I really like it.

I'm NOT "Taking shots" at your home.

I AM "Taking shots" at the Scumbag liberal politicians who live in the cities in your state and are telling the rest of y'all how you should live.
Fair enough?
Works for me. Let me know if you come up this way, I'll take you out fishing on a beautiful lake to catch some walleye or nice smallmouth. If its deer season we can hunt some nice PA white tail.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,383 Times in 5,446 Posts

Quote:
Works for me. Let me know if you come up this way, I'll take you out fishing on a beautiful lake to catch some walleye or nice smallmouth. If its deer season we can hunt some nice PA white tail.
Things I miss about my home state:

- walleye, smallmouth, and yellow perch
- pheasant hunting
- white tail hunting
- fall coho salmon runs
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 09:33 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Things I miss about my home state:

- walleye, smallmouth, and yellow perch
- pheasant hunting
- white tail hunting
- fall coho salmon runs
We've been killing the walleye on Lake Erie this summer.The hatch the past few years have been unprecedented. Steelhead and Coho run coming soon enough, can't wait ! Invite stands for you as well AZ. Only thing i don't do on your list are birds. I don't eat so i don't shoot em. i like the big stuff like our beautiful White tail.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Survivor

Unfortunately, I will be in Kenya about the time the steelhead and coho run is at its best.

Oh, forgot trout! One of the things I miss about mid-April along Walnut Creek, Elk Creek, Trout Run, and Bear Creek.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Unfortunately, I will be in Kenya about the time the steelhead and coho run is at its best.

Oh, forgot trout! One of the things I miss about mid-April along Walnut Creek, Elk Creek, Trout Run, and Bear Creek.
I've got a honey hole 5 miles from my home that produced dozens of nice rainbows this past Spring. Great fun and good eating.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Survivor

pics from spring trout season
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3008.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	290792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3008.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	290794  
Old 08-22-2019, 09:48 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,951 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Dude where I live is hardly a crap hole, but I guess you've visited PA extensively to draw your insightful conclusions ? Funny how the Pittsburgh area is consistently listed as a top 10 area to live in because of; great schools, low crime rate, excellent cost of living index and the lack of natural disasters that plague other areas of the country.
I worked and lived in the Green Tree area. Was a very nice area and quite no problems at all. I worked at the Green Tree Marriot as Evening Sous Chef when the Steelers were winning all those SB.
I liked the area a lot. Problem was not enough Sun
Old 08-22-2019, 09:48 PM
Survivor

Quote:

Going on safari or site seeing Sotero's family home ?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

My motorcycle is Bought from a Harley Dealer in Honesdale. Nice Riding Country, except got to watch out for the Big Black Bears come barreling across the road. Almost ran into a couple.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:51 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAde2 View Post
I worked and lived in the Green Tree area. Was a very nice area and quite no problems at all. I worked at the Green Tree Marriot as Evening Sous Chef when the Steelers were winning all those SB.
I liked the area a lot. Problem was not enough Sun
You were here in the 70's, when football was football. I was a little kid then but our Steelers defined toughness and took on the character of the city. Green Tree is still a nice area in the city. I'm further out in Washington County, God's Country.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Going on safari or site seeing Sotero's family home ?
Coworker based in ATL is Kenyan. He and the girlfriend (also Kenyan) are getting married in October. A number of us were invited. So we'll participate in the wedding. He's already provided the dowry of so many goats and chickens along with the traditional picking of the bride. If the wedding involves anything with a loin cloth I'm out. And he should be too. After several years in the US the SAD has grown on him. He no longer has that traditional Masai warrior physique.

After that it will be off to the Mara Preserve for 4 days among the Big 5 with nothing but cameras and from there down to Mombasa and the Indian Ocean. Fortunate;y, Mombasa is far enough south of the Somali border I'm not going to get too excited. If it were up near Lemu I might get a little concerned and be checking on availability of weapons.

All in all I'll be in Kenya for 1/2 of October and I may take a few additional days up in Doha or a stop in Amsterdam on the way back.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
You were here in the 70's, when football was football. I was a little kid then but our Steelers defined toughness and took on the character of the city. Green Tree is still a nice area in the city. I'm further out in Washington County, God's Country.
When I was younger we had moved to Butler. I lived on the 5th Hole of the Golf Course for Aronald Palmer. 5th Grade there before moving to Texas to finish the 5th.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:47 PM

This will be challenged in the Supreme Court. Investigating individuals without cause is a violation of right to privacy. Red flag situations where you are stripped of your 2nd Amendment Rights without trial and without being to be present. Ya, gonna definitely end in SCOTUS.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 12,099 Times in 5,146 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
What do you guys in PA make of this?

https://fox43.com/2019/08/16/governo...-gun-violence/

A whole lot of stuff in his executive order regarding new governmental groups to look into things.

Helpful, or just another creeping government looking to "solve the issue" with more gun laws, while pretending they aren't taking away rights?

The fact he's using executive orders is troubling. It's what I expect from the next Democrat president.

''The suspect in the Philadelphia police shooting has a long history of gun and violent crimes. He is in violation of several existing laws by possessing a firearm and violated dozens more when he opened fire. It proves once again that criminals will not follow changes we make to existing firearm laws, and we must examine the root cause of violence, distress and mental illness in our communities before we force changes upon the millions of Pennsylvanians who legally and responsibly own firearms and obey our laws.''

He means the long time informant the FBI was protecting, perhaps he should have a confab with the bureau and find out how many more there are.
Just a thought.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:38 AM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,236 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious1 View Post
I'm not from PA. but, he just violated the U.S. Constitution.
So what? Politicians violate the Constitution EVERY DAY and guess what? NO CONSEQUENCES at all for them.

They will CONTINUE to violate the Constitution until there ARE REAL consequences for them.

We have the govt we deserve. When will we finally stand? When will anyone?
Old 08-25-2019, 03:17 PM

The question is what will Governor Wolf try, my guess is that he will say that you can keep your rifles but we should reduce the mag capacity to 10 or 15 rounds.

So what do you guys think ?