Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks? - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Free-ish Man

Thanked 1,867 Times in 936 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
And --
Buy a gun "in" a show - you don't get it if the NICS or 4473 doesn't go through

Buy a gun in the parking lot - go in & do it legally

Donít -- you & the seller just broke the law

Here -- walk into a show to sell the firearm your carrying -- its safety checked at the door - surrender your drivers license -- no gun leaving - no license & PD is called ----- buyer tries to walk out with in -- without the NICS / 4473 paper work - PD called

There is no gun show loop hole !

Memorize this and repeat it when you encounter the brain washed in the real world
Obvious you're from a "commie" state. Here in Ohio, I walk into a show to sell the firearm I'm carrying. I hand the girl at the door $6, open the action and have a zip tie inserted, and walk in. Nobody checks ID. Nobody surrenders ID. If you find a buyer, they give you cash, you give them the gun and you go your separate ways, no paperwork or background check of any kind is involved. If you want, you can ask to see their ID to confirm they're a resident of the same state as you but there's no legal requirement that you do that. Might want to get educated a bit more before making such blanket declarations.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SBK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 07:43 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 7,938 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK View Post
Obvious you're from a "commie" state. Here in Ohio, I walk into a show to sell the firearm I'm carrying. I hand the girl at the door $6, open the action and have a zip tie inserted, and walk in. Nobody checks ID. Nobody surrenders ID. If you find a buyer, they give you cash, you give them the gun and you go your separate ways, no paperwork or background check of any kind is involved. If you want, you can ask to see their ID to confirm they're a resident of the same state as you but there's no legal requirement that you do that. Might want to get educated a bit more before making such blanket declarations.
`

That's a private transaction that can happen anywhere anytime without a gun show being within a 100 miles. The vast majority of transactions that happen at gun shows are conducted by FFL dealers & buyers filling in form 4473's as well as the nics check unless they have a CWP in a state that lets you use it in lieu of a nics check. Some are of antique guns that don't require an FFL to begin with. The number of private transactions by 2 people who neither one have FFL's & doesn't involve an antique gun inside a gun show is very small & again, can & are conducted just fine without a gun show collecting it's $6. So it's true....

THERE IS NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE!!!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:16 PM
I say I say

Thanked 1,328 Times in 500 Posts

Remember "operation fast and furious" illegally put about 2000 firearms in the hands of known criminals...mostly from what I hear into the hands of the Mexican cartels...
What kind of loophole was that?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to munik For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 08:19 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,233 Times in 1,557 Posts

Because they are clueless and have issues finding their butt with both hands when it comes to anything with the constitution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 09:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,428 Times in 5,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by munik View Post
Remember "operation fast and furious" illegally put about 2000 firearms in the hands of known criminals...mostly from what I hear into the hands of the Mexican cartels...
What kind of loophole was that?
It was ok because Eric said so.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Free-ish Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
`

That's a private transaction that can happen anywhere anytime without a gun show being within a 100 miles. The vast majority of transactions that happen at gun shows are conducted by FFL dealers & buyers filling in form 4473's as well as the nics check unless they have a CWP in a state that lets you use it in lieu of a nics check. Some are of antique guns that don't require an FFL to begin with. The number of private transactions by 2 people who neither one have FFL's & doesn't involve an antique gun inside a gun show is very small & again, can & are conducted just fine without a gun show collecting it's $6. So it's true....

I'm aware of that. Read what Ricekila wrote.
Quote:
Buy a gun "in" a show - you don't get it if the NICS or 4473 doesn't go through
Buy a gun in the parking lot - go in & do it legally
Don’t -- you & the seller just broke the law
Here -- walk into a show to sell the firearm your carrying -- its safety checked at the door - surrender your drivers license -- no gun leaving - no license & PD is called ----- buyer tries to walk out with in -- without the NICS / 4473 paper work - PD called
He seems to think (or hopefully used to think) that the procedures he described are required at all gun shows for all sales and that's why "there is no gun show loophole". The fact is that you don't have to do any of that in most states. If I want to sell a gun at a show, I walk in, pay the entrance fee, and find a buyer. He hands me cash, I hand him the gun and we walk away.

You are correct that that procedure is not limited exclusively to gun shows, they're just a popular place to do it. Whether you want to call it a "loophole" or use some other word is up to you. It is a fact though that a person, regardless of legal status, can easily walk into a gun show in most states and buy a firearm with no background check or record of any kind. It's also a fact that writing "there is no gun show loophole" in larger or different colored font, does not make it any more or less true, nor does clarify why it's not a "loophole" when, to the average person, it would seem to be exactly that.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 1,306 Times in 393 Posts

Because they are the same tards that talk about full auto revolvers and ar15s that shoot 1500 rounds a minute in semi full auto.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klbsa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 45,452 Times in 10,628 Posts

Quote:
I'm aware of that. Read what Ricekila wrote. He seems to think (or hopefully used to think) that the procedures he described are required at all gun shows for all sales and that's why "there is no gun show loophole". The fact is that you don't have to do any of that in most states. If I want to sell a gun at a show, I walk in, pay the entrance fee, and find a buyer. He hands me cash, I hand him the gun and we walk away.

You are correct that that procedure is not limited exclusively to gun shows, they're just a popular place to do it. Whether you want to call it a "loophole" or use some other word is up to you. It is a fact though that a person, regardless of legal status, can easily walk into a gun show in most states and buy a firearm with no background check or record of any kind. It's also a fact that writing "there is no gun show loophole" in larger or different colored font, does not make it any more or less true, nor does clarify why it's not a "loophole" when, to the average person, it would seem to be exactly that.
I take it that you're in favor of "universal background checks" which means all private transactions.

Private transactions have nothing to do with gun shows.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

Thanked 80,333 Times in 32,206 Posts

Quote:
Whatever part of the country your standing in -- doesn't the federal NCIS apply every place ?

( if I'm wrong -- educate me -- proof is nice also -- )

If you're standing someplace it doesn't --- tell me
Old 08-25-2019, 03:03 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 7,938 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote:
Whatever part of the country your standing in -- doesn't the federal NCIS apply every place ?

If you're standing someplace it doesn't --- tell me
`

Where I live private transactions do not require an FFL to transfer, so no nics check required. You have a gun for sale, I come look at it, give you the money & that's it. Some people will ask for ID before they sell so they can write your name down, just to cover their butts. I've even seen ads where they say the transaction will be done through an FFL, even though it isn't required, again they're just covering their butt. Also in my state if you have a CWP you don't go through a nics check. I've NEVER had a nics check done when I've bought guns & lowers as I got my CWP before nics check even existed. I know there are SEVERAL states with very similar if not identical laws. Also a place that might not have an FFL can buy/sell antique firearms without one & no nics check. None of this constitutes a "gun show loophole" though because if gun shows are banned or not these transactions will still be legal & going on as they do today. So once again, THERE IS NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE!

Old 08-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,766 Times in 7,916 Posts

Fed NICS applies to licensed dealers. It is not applied to private citizens trading among themselves. Some states have stricter state standards, but I choose not to live in such states.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,374 Times in 18,530 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
I'm aware of that. Read what Ricekila wrote. He seems to think (or hopefully used to think) that the procedures he described are required at all gun shows for all sales and that's why "there is no gun show loophole". The fact is that you don't have to do any of that in most states. If I want to sell a gun at a show, I walk in, pay the entrance fee, and find a buyer. He hands me cash, I hand him the gun and we walk away.

I've bought and sold guns (in certain states) without involving the bad guys and going through all the red tape. I do suggest writing up two Bills of Sale. You sign both copies and the buyer/seller signs both copies. The type of gun and the serial number is listed on the Bill of Sale. This protects both parties in case the gun is used improperly or is found to be ill-gotten. I'm only suggesting doing this in the states that allow it.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:17 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

I stand partially corrected -- some states do not require a federal NICS check -- after all this time I looked it up ---- happy now ?

Here's a question fur-y'll -- why in states where its federally required do they scream -- "Gun show loop hole" anyway ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 03:32 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
`

Where I live private transactions do not require an FFL to transfer, so no nics check required. You have a gun for sale, I come look at it, give you the money & that's it. Some people will ask for ID before they sell so they can write your name down, just to cover their butts. I've even seen ads where they say the transaction will be done through an FFL, even though it isn't required, again they're just covering their butt. Also in my state if you have a CWP you don't go through a nics check. I've NEVER had a nics check done when I've bought guns & lowers as I got my CWP before nics check even existed. I know there are SEVERAL states with very similar if not identical laws. Also a place that might not have an FFL can buy/sell antique firearms without one & no nics check. None of this constitutes a "gun show loophole" though because if gun shows are banned or not these transactions will still be legal & going on as they do today. So once again, THERE IS NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE! - IN ALL STATES

Lets be accurate

Last edited by Ricekila; 08-26-2019 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: bee
Old 08-25-2019, 06:13 PM
أنا لست إرهابيا

What happened ?

Old 08-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Joe McCarthy was Right!

Thanked 8,829 Times in 2,827 Posts

Look you are talking about a group of people that dont even know what the definition of "IS" is. "Shall not be infringed" is just too much for their pea brains to handle.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 07:53 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 28,671 Times in 8,332 Posts

Quote:
...Here's a question fur-y'll -- why in states where its federally required do they scream -- "Gun show loop hole" anyway ?
Because the libs are stupid and/or liars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 09:20 PM
Free-ish Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
I take it that you're in favor of "universal background checks" which means all private transactions.
Why would you take that? Please, tell me what I said that was anything other than fact? None of it was opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
Private transactions have nothing to do with gun shows.
I'm obviously aware of that, which is why I said,
Quote:
You are correct that that procedure is not limited exclusively to gun shows, they're just a popular place to do it.
Can you read?
Old 08-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Free-ish Man

Quote:
Quote:
I stand partially corrected -- some states do not require a federal NICS check -- after all this time I looked it up ---- happy now ?
Most states actually, to be precise, not just "some".
Quote:
Here's a question fur-y'll -- why in states where its federally required do they scream -- "Gun show loop hole" anyway ?
Probably because, much like yourself (up till now anyway ), they haven't done enough research before coming to a conclusion. And the Federal requirements are the same in every state. It's the state requirements that differ.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Free-ish Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I've bought and sold guns (in certain states) without involving the bad guys and going through all the red tape. I do suggest writing up two Bills of Sale. You sign both copies and the buyer/seller signs both copies. The type of gun and the serial number is listed on the Bill of Sale. This protects both parties in case the gun is used improperly or is found to be ill-gotten. I'm only suggesting doing this in the states that allow it.
You're allowed to ask for that in all states. I would never consider doing business with a person who insisted doing something like that. Ran across a few of them. Last thing I want is for some random person (who I know nothing about) who knows I own valuable firearms to have my personal information