Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-19-2019, 06:57 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,798 Posts

Advertise Here

Well let's be honest the gun show loop hole is nothing more then private sales. Which is how it should be. The idea that you or I need to fill out any paperwork is anti second amendment. You shouldn't need a ffl.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 AM
Don't get me started

Thanked 29,410 Times in 10,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sockpuppet View Post
5. "Universal background checks" that require a background check for all firearms transactions, be it from a FFL or between non-FFL parties, can only be effective if all firearms are registered. Despite the denials from the left about such, it is the goal to register all firearms, because the next step is a quick and easy confiscation.
Exactly. However the next step is not confiscation. It is mandatory official storage by authorities for your guns. They will be kept at designated armories under police control. You must check them out if you want to use them. Return them after. You can only sell and buy through official channels. Only a few guns can be kept at home for those that live rural for pest control and ranch usage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 08:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,229 Times in 4,281 Posts

Im not in favor of mandatory background checks, but I would be in favor of voluntary background checks and then punishment if you sell a firearm to a prohibited person. When I have sold guns in a parking lot, I have always been a little worried about the person, but there is no way for a private citizen to obtain that background check. There may also be privacy issues if I can just just run a background check against anyone. I have had sellers require a LTC which means the price is better than normal because less people have LTC.

Quote:
One perpetrator, Radcliffe Haughton, bought a handgun for $500 in the parking lot of a McDonald’s from a private seller he found on the internet, even though he was subject to a restraining order that made it illegal for him to own firearms. In 2012, he used the gun to open fire at a spa in suburban Milwaukee where his wife worked, killing her and two other women before he killed himself.

In 2016, Travis Spitler bought a handgun from a private seller even though he was also subject to a domestic protection order that should have prevented him from getting the weapon. He used the gun to kill his ex-girlfriend and wound two of her children at a Las Vegas day care center before killing himself.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 21,325 Times in 5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txprep View Post
Im not in favor of mandatory background checks, but I would be in favor of voluntary background checks and then punishment if you sell a firearm to a prohibited person. When I have sold guns in a parking lot, I have always been a little worried about the person, but there is no way for a private citizen to obtain that background check. There may also be privacy issues if I can just just run a background check against anyone. I have had sellers require a LTC which means the price is better than normal because less people have LTC.
I can go to the sheriff's office here and get a $5 handgun purchase permit. They run a background check, and give you a permit that is valid for 3 years. I have one just because it's cheap at $1.70/year and some people require it. It's basically a privately held background check that you match up to a person's driver's license as verification they aren't a felon (which is denoted on the driver's license if they are).

Add that and a request to meet the person under the craigslist safe trade camera in the sheriff's parking lot, and you're about guaranteed you've done everything possible to verify you are not dealing with a felon.

It's what the FOID card in Illinois was supposed to be. A cheap easy method to determine if people are felons or not in a firearm transaction. I'd have no problem with requiring an ID that would take care of determining citizenship and felon status for various applications. It could even be covered with existing driver's licenses and state IDs. There's no reason to single it out for gun use only. As the FOID card in Illinois shows, the Dems will refuse it be cheap and easy because the goal is to harass gun owners and ban guns. Not keep them out of the hands of felons.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,229 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
I can go to the sheriff's office here and get a $5 handgun purchase permit. They run a background check, and give you a permit that is valid for 3 years. I have one just because it's cheap at $1.70/year and some people require it. It's basically a privately held background check that you match up to a person's driver's license as verification they aren't a felon (which is denoted on the driver's license if they are).

Add that and a request to meet the person under the craigslist safe trade camera in the sheriff's parking lot, and you're about guaranteed you've done everything possible to verify you are not dealing with a felon.

It's what the FOID card in Illinois was supposed to be. A cheap easy method to determine if people are felons or not in a firearm transaction. I'd have no problem with requiring an ID that would take care of determining citizenship and felon status for various applications. It could even be covered with existing driver's licenses and state IDs. There's no reason to single it out for gun use only. As the FOID card in Illinois shows, the Dems will refuse it be cheap and easy because the goal is to harass gun owners and ban guns. Not keep them out of the hands of felons.
I dont want anything to be mandatory. But as I described, in the two cases above, neither were felons but they were prohibited from owning firearms. A background check may have revealed that they had domestic violence restraining orders.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:00 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 188,606 Times in 38,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
And --

There is no gun show loop hole !

Buy a gun "in" a show - you don't get it if the NICS or 4473 doesn't go through

Buy a gun in the parking lot - go in & do it legally

Donít -- you & the seller just broke the law

Here -- walk into a show to sell the firearm your carrying -- its safety checked at the door - surrender your drivers license -- no gun leaving - no license & PD is called ----- buyer tries to walk out with in -- without the NICS / 4473 paper work - PD called

Memorize this and repeat it when you encounter the brain washed in the real world
In many states, you can do just that. Here in Florida, I can sell a gun to anyone over 18 as long as they're a Fl. resident and not a felon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 10:21 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious1 View Post
In many states, you can do just that. Here in Florida, I can sell a gun to anyone over 18 as long as they're a Fl. resident and not a felon.
That is as it should be. I don't know anyone who would knowingly sell a gun to a prohibited person. And those who would, would do it anyway regardless of what the law says.
The biggest problem with Universal Background Checks is that the government would try to use it as a reason for mandatory registration. UBC would be useless without registration and they know it. We can't allow that to happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM
This is a great survival forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targe View Post
Can ...do what-?
Ok you can order online and do private sales.
All gun purchases (by non FFL dealers) have to be picked up in person.

References to "online purchases", "online orders", "online sakes", etc. are all a red herring by anti 2A leftist wannabe gun grabbers.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,997 Times in 916 Posts

The truth is that there is not ONE politician who supports the 2nd amendment. If there were, they'd be pushing to repeal the need for background checks and every other gun control law on the books. They are ALL unconstitutional. There is only one way to pass a gun control law: repeal the 2nd amendment. Ask yourself this: if it was necessary for the government to amend the constitution to ban alcohol - which is not mentioned in the constitution anywhere - why is that not necessary to ban or restrict firearms?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JRR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,184 Times in 26,196 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

It's the only bogeyman they have left for their simple minded followers.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 10:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,799 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Every gun I ever bought on the net, or sold on the net, has to be shipped to a FFL dealer for the paperwork and background check.

Are the dems just stupid because they don't buy guns and know what is involved? Or is it just a talking 'propaganda' point?
Because it fits their narrative and few people actually research the truth. Can we all say propaganda?????
Old 08-20-2019, 10:40 AM
This is a great survival forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by txprep View Post
Quote:

I dont want anything to be mandatory. But as I described, in the two cases above, neither were felons but they were prohibited from owning firearms. A background check may have revealed that they had domestic violence restraining orders.
How about selling a used car? Should those private sales also involve background checks to 'ensure' the buyer is not a felon or subject to a restraining order and thus won't be able to use that car to kill someone?

'Cause like, people do that.

https://www.thedrive.com/opinion/116...-murder-people
Old 08-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Survivor

I'm for universal background checks if you can go to any computer, access the site, type in the person's name and it returns a simply reply felon/not felon. The system needs to be more robust, faster, and with a method of changing data. For example there's a felon here with my same first and last name. Occasionally, I get inquiries, but it's never interfered with any of my background checks for work or government purposes.

The check won't be necessary if you personally know the other party, entering a serial number of a gun is not required, and the system is voluntary as a backup to avoid getting charged for selling to a felon. Spit back a record number for your inquiry.

Who won't want to verify the person trying to buy their gun isn't a felon? Let anyone use it for hiring, renting, gun sales, craigslist transactions, etc.

If the goal is to limit gun sales to felons, yes... to collect gun serial numbers, then no.

When they say 90% of the population supports background checks, I bet this is the sort of background check they support. Not large bureaucratic paperwork checks, with a database stored for federal use.

Of course none of it matters if the person is squeaky clean right up until they are not.
The Following User Says Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Don't get me started

Thanked 29,410 Times in 10,407 Posts

Quote:
I'm for universal background checks if you can go to any computer, access the site, type in the person's name and it returns a simply reply felon/not felon. The system needs to be more robust, faster, and with a method of changing data. For example there's a felon here with my same first and last name. Occasionally, I get inquiries, but it's never interfered with any of my background checks for work or government purposes.

The check won't be necessary if you personally know the other party, entering a serial number of a gun is not required, and the system is voluntary as a backup to you getting charged for selling to a felon.

Who won't want to verify the person trying to buy their gun isn't a felon? Let anyone use it for hiring, renting, gun sales, craigslist transactions, etc.

If the goal is to limit gun sales to felons, yes... to collect gun serial numbers, then no.

When they say 90% of the population supports background checks, I bet this is the sort of background check they support. Not large bureaucratic paperwork checks, with a database stored for federal use.
Might make it even easier by using the enhanced drivers license. Anyone that is not allowed to own firearms could be required to have a code on their lic. People that do not have a drivers lic. would need to be vetted through a FFL.

No registration or paperwork required for the majority of private sales going that route.

Now will it stop bad people from doing bad things? Of course not. Most of the mass shooters did not have criminal records and were willing to lie on their purchase form.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 03:38 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 11,801 Times in 5,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
The truth is that there is not ONE politician who supports the 2nd amendment. If there were, they'd be pushing to repeal the need for background checks and every other gun control law on the books. They are ALL unconstitutional. There is only one way to pass a gun control law: repeal the 2nd amendment. Ask yourself this: if it was necessary for the government to amend the constitution to ban alcohol - which is not mentioned in the constitution anywhere - why is that not necessary to ban or restrict firearms?

I've posted this several times before on this forum.
No politician likes the idea of us rabble having the means to remove them (a corrupt government) from power when peaceful means are not an option.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Deplorable Freedom Zealot

Thanked 6,900 Times in 1,516 Posts

It is obvious they think their fellow commiecrats are stupid.

Therefore they can lie about "online sales", and it will be accepted as truth.

Finding a gun online, is not buying a gun online.

That is like finding a gun ad in a newspaper, buying it, and saying it is was a newspaper sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to bonegunner For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 11:55 AM
Deplorable Freedom Zealot

Thanked 6,900 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:

The check won't be necessary if you personally know the other party, entering a serial number of a gun is not required, and the system is voluntary as a backup to avoid getting charged for selling to a felon. Spit back a record number for your inquiry.

Of course none of it matters if the person is squeaky clean right up until they are not.
If any computer can access that info, it is more open to hacking.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonegunner View Post
If any computer can access that info, it is more open to hacking.
If in doubt, scrap the whole thing.

This lady at our local paper wanted to see how easy it was to buy a gun. So she drove to the sheriffs office during their office hours, got a background check and waited for the paperwork, then went to a store and would have needed a second background check for a rifle or a second background check for a handgun and then go to the police headquarters to register the handgun before going back to get it. In her words, easy. Just 2-3 hours of background checks and shopping for a rifle and a couple days of background checks, shopping, and registering for a handgun.

https://www.omaha.com/columnists/gra...cc839f821.html

Quote:
No one asked why I wanted a gun. No one asked if I was a victim of a crime or felt vulnerable. No one asked about my current mental state, probing about therapy, medication or whether I was feeling blue or angry or impulsive, though near the counter were brochures on suicide. No one asked if I was afraid.
No one cared about her feelings.

They only cared to ask her if she was breaking the law and then did a background check to make sure she could legally own a gun. Her strawman feels list didn't include, nobody asked me if wanted to go target shooting, wanted to go hunting, wanted to buy some history, wanted to just own something, wanted to get a good deal, etc. etc.

I guess we could add "Are you intending to buy a gun to commit a crime or kill yourself (Y/N)" to the forms to make her feel better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 02:39 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,285 Posts
Default Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks?

Because they are traitors pushing an anti-American, socialist agenda and they need guns out of the picture before it can be fully implemented.

So they say things the idiots that vote for them will support.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Survivor, so far

Thanked 244,329 Times in 29,735 Posts

Only lies come out of democRAT's mouths.