EMP and Jim Bakker's generator - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inverter generator vs normal generator wisconsin_newbie Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 33 01-27-2019 07:31 AM
Lister Generator or Natural Gas generator? NewYorkNewbie Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 29 07-18-2016 10:07 PM
Is a generator a must? wisconsin_newbie Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 62 10-02-2014 09:21 AM
1000 Watt generator for $350 delivered/Talon Generator 1000 Watt cmo1037 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 01-03-2014 12:05 AM
home made generator generator luvdahills DIY - Do It Yourself 45 01-19-2013 12:37 AM
Inverter Generator or Standard Generator? ActionJackson Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 36 08-09-2012 09:40 PM
Need Help with generator glockman101 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 02-20-2012 11:19 PM
Jim Bakker a prepper? Filthy_McNasty Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 04-09-2011 10:55 PM
Generator Turbo6 Urban Survival 25 08-13-2009 10:16 AM
E100 generator? (100% ethanol generator) Exists? nattylite General Discussion 3 12-07-2008 04:34 PM

Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM
dum dum

Default EMP and Jim Bakker's generator

Advertise Here

Hey all,
It's been a while since I've been on, but I was watching TV and was caught up in what I thought was...well, I'm not sure, but it caught my attention. Turns out it was a religion channel, and this Jim Bakker was peddling a "powerless generator", and it caught my attention, because, well, I'd like to have one.
HOWEVER, the program is touting this as a viable power solution in the event of an EMP...be it man made, or natural.
My question is this...
Wouldn't this $2200 piece of equipment be as worthless as every other electronic item after an EMP??
I understand the benefits of having a solar generator, but he's selling this as if after an EMP the thing would supply power for all your needs...charging cell phones, radios, etc...
Does this make any sense?
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Capability, not scenarios

Thanked 29,271 Times in 8,661 Posts

A powerless generator, eh? Sounds like a zero-watt piece of equipment.

Electronics are potentially vulnerable to being zapped by an EMP. If the "powerless generator" has electronics to control the engine or the output, unless those electronics are shielded they're also potentially vulnerable.

And FWIW: After an EMP, charging your cellphone or radio isn't going to be a high priority. They'll be zapped, too, and the systems will, too.

There actually is an official survival guide, but you have to write it yourself - and edit it as the situation changes - and revise it as you learn from your mistakes - and start all over again when things change again. (AceScanner)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goose3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Stop being on my side!

Thanked 25,825 Times in 7,411 Posts

Looks like he's got some other spiffy products, too.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckrak...ear-on-the-web
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old dude For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 54,246 Times in 18,948 Posts

There are a lot of scammers out there trying to sell "free power" that has been going on since the oil crisis of the 70's made electric rates jump for the first time.

Only difference ever since is now they have an extra target audience, namely preppers.

The only free power out there is unusable in its current form. Sun, wind, water, heat, or fuel all have to converted to electrical or mechanical power and that requires the equipment to use it.

Looking at the actual website, that isn't really a generator because it does not convert anything. If you read closely you "fill it" with a solar panel. A solar panel is actually a generator of sorts, but they aren't actually selling you that. What you have in that magic black box is nothing more than a battery cell and an AC inverter. No generator at all.

For $2200 you can buy some serious batteries and an inverter. Fact is you could get some solar panels too for that kind of money. But that wouldn't help Mr. Bakker with his kickbacks if you did that. He's got bills to pay.

Rule one about religion. If they are trying to sell you anything more than God then run away as fast as you can.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post: