Imagine this on a national level. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We CAN win on a national level wtr100 Firearms General Discussion 10 01-07-2013 12:56 PM
After Winning National-Level Polls, Rick Perry Ties Romney in California Poll madcritter Political News and Discussion 3 09-05-2011 12:43 PM
National Level Exercise 2011 Dwind Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 04-07-2011 06:05 PM
New File Added: National Level Exercise 2010 Training Manual Dwind Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 10-03-2010 01:56 PM
NLE – National Level Exercise Terror Drill Begins Today Newsfeed General Discussion 7 07-28-2009 01:16 PM
National Level Exercise 2009 BackyardRambo Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 07-28-2009 12:34 AM
National Level Exercise 2009 – NLE 09 Terror Exercise Newsfeed General Discussion 0 07-18-2009 12:00 PM
Warren Air Force Base Conducts National-level Terror Exercise Newsfeed General Discussion 0 06-30-2009 04:00 AM
four anti-gun items at the national level cdunlop Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 05-08-2009 05:03 PM
FEMA National Level Exercise 2009 (NLE 09) 411man General Discussion 3 04-17-2009 06:31 PM

Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Trapper

Thanked 2,284 Times in 678 Posts

Advertise Here

I'm just glad we have flatscreen TVs now, looting will be so much easier. Those old tube TVs look really heavy, it has to be hard to run with one...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Immortality For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,614 Times in 1,377 Posts

Where and when was all of this?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Those were the days....

Thanked 11,968 Times in 3,324 Posts

If the grid goes down, every major city in the US will look like that. Then you had better put your trust in Sam Colt, not Uncle Sam.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usmc0331 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Those were the days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musibike View Post
Where and when was all of this?
Los Angeles, 1992. Rodney King riots.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Prepared

I lived through this.
My advice. If you can, get out of the area.
The Koreans who bravely defended their businesses from the mob where being portrayed by the media as snipers. Shameful, but true.
Disgusting as it is, there is nothing you can do about it. The game is rigged against you.
Its been 20 years, believe it or not, but to me, it was like yesterday. Next time it happens, and I suspect it will, at least I have put thought into what
my options are and hopefully will have a workable plan to get home and provide for my family's safety.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,271 Times in 5,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post
If the grid goes down, every major city in the US will look like that. Then you had better put your trust in Sam Colt, not Uncle Sam.
I just got the amusing image of idiots stealing and fighting over looted TV's and computers during the riots following a massive solar flare causing comprehensive EMP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Those were the days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepping View Post
I just got the amusing image of idiots stealing and fighting over looted TV's and computers during the riots following a massive solar flare causing comprehensive EMP.
Lol, yeah, you know it would happen.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,847 Times in 430 Posts

This is actually good footage of the exact thing that will happen during a collapse.

Notice everything that was being taken. Electronics, booze, diapers, clothes. Not one of those did I see anyone steeling staples. Food, water, prep items.

This is the exact thing that will happen in the first day or two. THEN people will get hungry. If you have the sense, get out of the area in the first day. That's about all you will have. If you are caught on the street after that, you will be a target.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by SazTam View Post
This is actually good footage of the exact thing that will happen during a collapse.

Notice everything that was being taken. Electronics, booze, diapers, clothes. Not one of those did I see anyone steeling staples. Food, water, prep items.

This is the exact thing that will happen in the first day or two. THEN people will get hungry. If you have the sense, get out of the area in the first day. That's about all you will have. If you are caught on the street after that, you will be a target.
Did you not see the footage of the looted grocery store, it had already been emptied out by the time the electronics where being taken..

But you are right everything will be gone from the stores in the first day or two then they will come looking for what you and I have..

This is why banning together in groups is so important as prepping goes.. The lone wolf will get skinned..
The Following User Says Thank You to Oremrunner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:13 PM

I was a teenager in Long Beach when that all went down. I remember like it was yesterday, watching Reginald Denny get dragged out of his truck and beaten.... and my parents were such pacifists. I could not help but feel completely vulnerable. The DMV in my neighborhood got burned down, looting was everywhere. It was moments like this that made me promise myself that I would never allow myself or my children to ever be in such a situation. I feel like I can only prepare so much for natural disasters, but I have NO excuse to not be ready for civil disorder.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fennamenna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 AM

I'm in a decent size city (Louisville) but not actually in the inner city part itself, rather I am in a decent area, average joe ranch-house middle class suburb on the outskirts of the county, about 20ish mins drive on the expressway to downtown. What I'm getting at is, this situation simultaneously doesn't bother me and scares me to death.

It doesn't bother me because if something like this broke out in an area as shown in the video, I'd still be a good ways from the danger 99% of the time with at least enough time to decide what to do. But what terrifies me is that my fiancee is a nurse at the #1 hospital right in the heart of downtown Louisville - I'm absolutely terrified of something breaking out and her being trapped down there or trying to get home in the middle of it. A few months ago there were several gang related shootings in one of our cities worst areas, and said gunshot victims were taken to a hospital near my fiancees and the hospitals were put on lockdown/high alert for violence and retaliation. I was a nervous wreck about her safety in that situation, that was as controlled as it could be. I don't know what I would do if she were trapped in a riot, I guess me and Mr. Mossberg would be making a trip to retrieve her if it was necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Romac1314 For This Useful Post: