Year End Report about what happened last summer on my BOL ( very pic heavy ) - Page 8 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nice cabin pics where I worked & mtn retreat I Lived Summer 2010 ( Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 123 06-17-2014 07:33 PM
What I did on my summer vacation... (pic heavy) RandiTS DIY - Do It Yourself 34 09-30-2013 04:24 PM
A summer update (Image Heavy) Robert_Burns Knives, Swords & Axes 3 08-31-2013 10:03 PM
Year End Report about what happened last summer on my BOL Mtnman Mike Reviews and questions 15 04-16-2012 12:05 AM
Year without a Summer Emerald Eyes Manmade and Natural Disasters 54 09-21-2011 08:04 AM
A Societal Collapse Lesson from History: The Year without Summer LiamFisher Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 09-13-2011 09:12 PM
Sambo's garden, Summer 2010/11. (pic heavy!) SamboRoberts Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 7 04-07-2011 04:53 AM
What happened the year you were born? speedofl33t General Discussion 45 03-28-2011 02:32 AM
Report: N.Y. Men Under Heavy Surveillance in Terror Probe Newsfeed General Discussion 0 10-01-2009 10:00 AM
Oil to REMAIN at 5 Year low for the Summer MP76 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 11 04-26-2009 02:17 PM

Old 06-06-2013, 04:00 PM
The Fuzz

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefemalesurvivalist View Post
V
We don't talk to the law either, if we can help it.

A friend of mine use to say, there's nothing so bad the cops can't make it worse.
Hey now, not all of us are THAT bad
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody951 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
Too bad you did not see this thread a year or two ago when I first created it. Even a couple weeks ago.
This is the fastest I have ever had a pic thread go down from too many views. But there are a Lot of pics and seems like finally many have been looking, even since just June first.

It Might be July first when the pics come back. I will not and cannot spend more money to upgrade. Especially for just a pic thread that I do not make any money off of.

I think the pics might have gotten overloaded from when I posted all of the pics showing the solar setups on this page also.

The most I can do IF any wish to see my pics is to give the link to my photobucket pics and ten albums > http://s880.photobucket.com/user/Mtn...?sort=3&page=1

Sorry, but that is just the way it is. And I don't have the time or energy to put up all the pics onto another photo site or on thumbnails either.

If any have missed these two threads you might like to look at some or all of the pics and videos on Watch Ryder's adventure thread with a great deal throughout his long thread > https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=242472

And even my best thread with much info and many pics which won't disappear since they are thumbnail pics > https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=84562

After June 14th I will be mostly unavailable since I will be back up on my remote WY mtn retreat.

I and thefemalesurvivalist will be very glad to see you and your son biathlon.

And glad you told me all of that. So much for my thinking that Wyoming is one of the last totally Free states. I do know that Wyoming is much better than most states since most, even Colorado are controlling nanny states.

But your post and giving out this info just proves that Wyoming also has gotten too many laws, regulations etc. etc. over the past so many years. I long for the old days such as the 1800's when there were few laws but Much freedom!

To try to explain is that my solar panels Are temporary and portable.

I have them in place in one sunny area in the container garden area in July and August. And then move them up onto the sunny hillside onto the tree stump so that they are above any snow that falls in Sept. and October.

I can quickly take the solar panels etc. down and I have in late October even when it is snowing.

I do have parts covered and I likely will cover them more even with a waterproof plastic wood covering. Not the actual solar panels but the boxes, two batteries etc.

I most likely will send your message / posts and links to my neighbor who is a professor at a university in eastern Nebraska. I still have to go to a place with high speed free wifi. I am using just slow dialup right now.

I do not and will Not have insurance of any kind. That is one big reason I no longer have a vehicle such as my nice Ford F-250 truck. So much I could try to explain.... maybe someday.

I also have a couple gasoline generators which I think are more dangerous than the solar. They are very temporary and portable also. Think of my mtn place as extreme camping. Campers surely do not have to go by All of the many laws etc. etc. regarding electric generation?

I am also very very careful with fire and I try to have the solar going only when necessary. I turn it all off at night and when I go hiking, to town etc. even unhooking the battery from the panels etc.

My land is in a very remote area and is covered with deep snow from Nov. to late June. Many with cabins are Supposed to have septic tanks, leech fields etc. etc. But most just have temporary port-a-potties - outhouses etc. I heard that some just go into the national forest to do their business, digging a hole etc. But most are up there even at their fancy cabins on weekends or holidays such as the 4th of July and Labor day weekend.

There are supposed to even be covenants which I forget what all of those are. They were created by the controlling millionaire and his friends who owned the land more than 25 years ago. They have sold all of that land now and the old millionaire died probably over ten years ago.

Most people up there just ignore the covenants and do what they want and Need to do...
One guy with a cabin 15 years ago, said we should have a homeowners association but after the look I gave him he never brought it up again...

I hope to also build a 10 plus foot high fence all around my buildings and No one better trespass. I must build my new cabin first though.

I could go on and on but hope I have made myself clear and why even if All of the rest of the world becomes a controlling nanny / police state my mtn Hold will be one of the last truly free Uncontrolled areas left anywhere.

From Oct. to mid June with the deep snowpack it is much more remote and harder to get to.
During the summer when most are up there they mostly just drive on by getting to their own cabins. The few who have bothered me over the years have died such as the old couple who froze after their snowmobiles did not work in Feb. 1998 and a few others who have learned that it is best to leave some of us Alone!

well all for now and Any other comments or questions are welcome although I might just ignore them also...
Use Imageshack instead it might stay up longer..
The Following User Says Thank You to haha49 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 10:57 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

MMM, I have to say that you are just about the perfect mix between McGyver and Grizzly Adams! I have had the absolute best time looking at all your pictures and showing them to my husband and saying, "look at this...." and "look at that...." and "look at that view!!" You are achieving what my husband and I are trying to do and you give us much inspiration and many idea's! I just wish I could hit "thanks" button a lot more than once on each post! This is definitely my favorite thread on the boards!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rkmcdaniel For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 AM
The Convicted Audiophile™

Thanked 6,083 Times in 2,783 Posts

Mountain Man Mike is a serious badA$$!!!!
He has a damn periscope!!!!! ...lol

I'm curious
Did you like and build "forts" when you were a kid??

I started an underground fort in my backyard one day when i was about 12
My dad comes home
"What the hell is that big hole in my backyard?!!!"
End of project......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trent Rock For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 PM

wow I just read through this thread totally cool. It really brought back alt of memories I used to live in saratoga back in the early 80's with my dad. he worked in the coal mines up in Medicine Bowl area. we had some great friends that had a ranch up on Jack creek. seeing the sonw in July is awesome!! I took My dad back out there in spring 2010 things had really changed. we used to go to the mangy moose saloon in riverside and eat steak. (you had to cook your own) the owner worked with my dad so I used to get paid to do dishes after the meal. you have a piece of heaven there!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catfishjn69 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,027 Posts

Came back to your retreat topic after seeing it a couple years ago. Starting on my own retreat now and also trying to keep the budget as close to 0 as possible while still being safe.

I hope to start my own 'building a retreat' topic this summer. Mine is starting out with an old overgrown, half rotted trailer that's been neglected for decades. Going to reclaim what I can from it to use for a future cabin. Doing great and keep up the pics and explanations! It's very helpful while I'm making my own plans. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaKettle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,031 Times in 523 Posts

Greetings from New Zealand, MMMike. I read your thread with considerable interest. The Stuck Truck was a situation I've been in with a couple of different vehicles and can only say that passengers are often (but not always) less use than none. As for getting gouged...well...been there too:-( Could I recommend a chainsaw winch? A bud of mine who is serious into his 4X4'ing has one with a chain head on it instead of a wire spool and I can honestly say it's about the most useful invention since cold beer! Firing then cooling your hell-rock will probably work but please remember it'll go off like a Claymore when you wet it. I bet you already knew that:-) I live in a smallish RV I brought back from the dead (a whole story in itself involving swapping out the whole truck it sits on) and can sympathise with some of the obsticles you've had to overcome, red tape, homegrown experts et al. I await your next post with interest.
The Following User Says Thank You to zemio For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM

If you use www.imgur.com there are no limitations on how many people can see your picture or anything like that
The Following User Says Thank You to WIMN For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Default tow trucks

$250 is an average when the tow truck has to leave the pavement.
It averages about 150 per hookup, on the pavement, anything else is considered "off road". He could break it down to: the hook up, and the fuel, and the labor, but it would be about the same. You didn't get ripped off.
However, for a prepper, you are woefully unprepared. Where is your winch? Why didn't you use your handyman jack as a come-along? Anyone who drives on muddy dirt roads, with left over snow pack has a winch on the rig, since you are GOING to get stuck. Several times. That 500 dollars would have paid for a winch adequate to pull that entire rig out.
Done it myself many times.
The costs of items at that closed down store is due to transporting it in. They often do not buy wholesale, but buy at Costco on monthly trips,s o they tack on 25 or 30 % for themselves and barely scrape by.
You may want to be a hermit up there, but you will still have to rely on the local community. Hermits don't survive, retreat communities do.
The Following User Says Thank You to hankpac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Ornery Cur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpac View Post
$250 is an average when the tow truck has to leave the pavement.
It averages about 150 per hookup, on the pavement, anything else is considered "off road". He could break it down to: the hook up, and the fuel, and the labor, but it would be about the same. You didn't get ripped off.
However, for a prepper, you are woefully unprepared. Where is your winch? Why didn't you use your handyman jack as a come-along? Anyone who drives on muddy dirt roads, with left over snow pack has a winch on the rig, since you are GOING to get stuck. Several times. That 500 dollars would have paid for a winch adequate to pull that entire rig out.
Done it myself many times.
The costs of items at that closed down store is due to transporting it in. They often do not buy wholesale, but buy at Costco on monthly trips,s o they tack on 25 or 30 % for themselves and barely scrape by.
You may want to be a hermit up there, but you will still have to rely on the local community. Hermits don't survive, retreat communities do.
Maybe you could go find some of his recent posts instead of a 3 year-old thread.