Conservative or liberal ? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are You Liberal or Conservative? hayes31 Political News and Discussion 123 06-14-2015 07:37 PM
Conservative/Liberal me Political News and Discussion 20 01-12-2015 07:10 AM
how liberal vs conservative are you? blue123 Political News and Discussion 70 10-18-2014 11:07 AM
liberal or conservative: Which are you? The Truth Political News and Discussion 61 01-16-2012 01:56 PM
Conservative/Liberal<---Is this a big Game? OhioMan Political News and Discussion 36 04-03-2011 06:27 PM
Liberal vs Conservative uga1983 Jokes, Humor & Music 3 01-21-2011 01:15 PM
Conservative vs. Liberal Which are you? surgpa Political News and Discussion 21 05-30-2009 01:34 AM
Conservative or Liberal Highpower General Discussion 16 09-03-2008 01:09 AM
Liberal, or conservative? ratskins General Discussion 35 07-31-2008 07:58 AM

View Poll Results: "After" reading the post..are you a...
Liberal 2 3.28%
Conservative 38 62.30%
moderate (in between) 9 14.75%
Take the pole and #**% 12 19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Svensk hamster

Thanked 4,925 Times in 1,909 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachmonite View Post
[Her wise father asked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA, and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.' The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to The Republican party.'
?
If anyone has a better explanation of the difference between Republican and Democrat I'm all ears.
I can buy the argument that those who work hard should get more than those who do not. That is not even open for debate. But zero distribution of wealth is not really all that great either, in any perspective. A person who is born with a handicap, should that person starve to death? The example with the grades shows only what happens when two equally capable persons made different choices.

Also, these days hard work (or should I say the will to work hard) is no guarantee that you will make money. Jobs have left areas and countries and they will probably never come back and global competition means that a western worker is up against people who work harder for way less money. A society that undergoes these types of changes need some sort of backup, without a “safety net”, many people will lose everything if they have bad luck (yep luck is a factor). A good safety net will also ensure that more people are willing to start their own businesses, they can afford to fail. A tax-funded, basic support structure brings therefore both stability and promotes risk taking.

Btw, I did not vote because “liberal” does not mean the same thing in Sweden as it does in the USA. Being liberal here (which I am) is a right wing standpoint. There no way in hell I would vote for your democrats.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to indoorsman For This Useful Post: