Post a picture of your bug out bag, bug out supplies or full survival gear get-up! - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survival Gear massive discounts up to 35% off | While stocks last (Limited Supplies) JC Refuge Safecastle 1 01-06-2015 08:19 PM
Survival Gear massive discounts up to 35% off | While stocks last (Limited Supplies) JC Refuge For Sale 0 01-06-2015 02:10 PM
My Walmart finally starting to get the shelves full of ammo. Picture. Rockyriver Firearms General Discussion 58 02-04-2013 06:53 PM
State Farm survey shows only 9% keep full kit of emergency roadside supplies Hazeleyes Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 01-31-2013 06:48 AM
POLL - Its Full Retard Out There - How Are You Set With Ammo, Parts & Supplies NHCraigT Military Weapons Forum 57 01-30-2013 10:36 AM
My Current Camping Gear (Picture Heavy) Still_Surviving Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 45 01-07-2013 04:24 PM
US Demands for Google User Data Growing, But Full Picture Remains Murky BobMacnamara Controversial News and Alternative Politics 0 06-19-2012 09:56 AM
Has anyone looked into the full 1-3 year supplies of dehydrated storable food? EmpEro517 Urban Survival 20 03-27-2012 10:53 PM
So, What kind of gear/supplies are you looking for? Vanishing Nomad Reviews and questions 2 11-06-2008 08:52 PM
Picture of all my Gear/Pack Nico Reviews and questions 9 07-19-2008 07:07 AM

Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Ready To Go At Any Time

Thanked 1,399 Times in 286 Posts
Default Post a picture of your bug out bag, bug out supplies or full survival gear get-up!

Advertise Here

Ok. I thought it would be cool to see what folks have waiting and ready as a bug out bag, or whatever. Not talking about fallout shelter, or tactical gear. Just about the bag you have sitting and waiting, or the pickup truck that's loaded and waiting to go, or whatever is laying in wait as a "just in case" preparation to keep you or your family alive and OUT OF THE CITY.
Here are mine.

The little one that is in the car at all times:
Small and not as useful as the other, but contains materials to build a very basic shelter, easily start fires, enough food for a few days (dried beans) and a mess kit to boil and cook them in. Also, 1 can of sterno, some para-cord, a bar of soap and 3 washcloths (also good for some filtering applications), buck knife, glow sticks, flashlight, bug spray, 2 ponchos and a bunch of other little crap. Also some tea bags (you know.... a special treat if I'm losing my mind) and a little bible. If I can't get home to get the big one and the other stuff... at least I'll have this.

People..... don't be afraid to drop 40 -120 bucks on a good knife. this might be all that saves your life some day.

The Big one:
Enough gear to build permanent shelter for 3 families with the aid of tree debris (pine branches, or whatever). Mess kit, 2 packs of cigarettes in the mess kits waterproofed, 2 more buck knifes, hatchet, hand pull chainsaw, 15 lighters, fire starting sticks, waterproof matches, dryer lint, 3 rolls of tightly compact painters plastic for wind proofing shelters, lots of paracord, nylon rope, nylon string, 5000ft of fishing line (for fishing, lashing twigs, mending clothes, etc....), duct tape (just becasue..... it fixes anything!!!!!), 4 disposable flashlights, 1 disposable lantern, 20 glow sticks, soap, washcloths, 4 full size garbage bags, asprin, naproxin sodium, sleep medication, alka seltzer, pocket knifes, whistles, compass, hammock, 4 pairs of clean new socks, electrical tape (great for making hand grips for home-made hand tools ans stuff like that), machete, binoculars, canteens of purified water (I refill them every month to keep it somewhat fresh), water purifying tablets (enough for 50 quarts so far), bandaids, antibiotic ointment, bandages, other medical stuff, a slingshot (which I've been practicing at and hope to make useful for small game if I cant get a rifle in time to get outta town), and a BUNCH of other stuff I can't remember right now, but I'm gonna be adding more soon.

Other stuff:
12 gallons of gasoline just sitting waiting for use. once a month I will put them in the car and refill them to keep the gas fresh. I figure why limit my running distance to a 25 gallon tank when I could have 10 more gallons to add to that supply. Plus it might make nice currency. who knows.

Camping Gear and dried food. I have 30 lbs of beans and 30 lbs of rice. If I run, there are others coming most likely that live pretty close to me so I figure we can get some of this stuff. Maybe not all of it but some, and if we're stuck at home for urban fun.... at least we have some food. I personally don't intend to stay at home while the world ends.
Tents, tarps, sleeping bags, cook stoves, pots, pans, cups, lanterns (oil and gas), and stuff like that in the big black tote. Would be awesome to be able to get it, but I'm not counting on it.

Final needs:
I have other needs for supplies that I'm working on, but I need to find a smart hidden spot to hide a .22 long rifle in my car (maybe behind a taillight in a quarter panel or something like that) where I could always have it in the car but not worry about anyone finding it. Then I'd have something to hunt small game with.
I have almost NO budget to work with, so the fact that I'm this far along is fairly miraculous in itself. I'm hoping to get a little bit further along, but for now I'm confident I could make it for a while if I can just mentally prepare for it.

ANYBODY ELSE WANNA SHOW THEIR PORTABLE BUG OUT CRAP!?!?!? POST NOW!

Last edited by Nightwing; 05-30-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following 387 Users Say Thank You to Nightwing For This Useful Post:
2012, 3bears, acerpower, ActionJackson, AFF, AggieSigGuy, aids10, Airth, alpha leader, AmmoRx, anchorbanger, andrey, annie bannannie, apocalypsenow, armedpilgrim, Arsenul, Athanasius, Atlshaun, Autumn-Raine, AWOL, az1, azbackcountryman, AZman, bandora, baz152, Bearack, BeardedAvenger, Big Eye, bigbill1989022, bigbill7, Bighead, BioMan56, Bishop, Bisquitlips, Bladeforger, Blaik, Blitz288, BloodCarver, BlueRidgeSurvival, Blut_Rot, bnm1211, Bobjr59, bodhimit, Boomboy007, Bosco Warden, breakneck, Brethrenunited, BriBri, brick1911, BROWN FOOT, bruce almighty, bsd4083, bsteve, BugOutDude, Bull71, caridad, casualObserver, casualties_army40, catdog6949, Category5, cbrau72, CenterFire762, cerberus71, CGsurvivalman, cgwj, charlie501, cheftothestars, chg380, ChickenLittle14, chrisd, Chrysalis, cibholder03, cjknight2, cleversloth, collegeprepper11, Colt0208, Combat_HT, COM_AMG, concernedcitizen, controversial, countrygirl39759, Crankyshank, CryHavoc, cyclopathic, cyrus12, czbohunk, DADDYO, DannyMcF, danzak44, David Bevis, davis08, davmatt74, DeadManOnAStick, deamoneater357, deathshead61, Deep13, DieselD, DisgruntledPatriot, divingfreak, dm1911, DocGolres, dogfencedude, Double S, DougFir, DownRange, draginol, Draugr, Drauka, Dropy, duckhunter18, Eadams, Eagle9914, EagleRiverDee, EarlyBird, Elisavaet, Elite.tech, father of four, firehiker, Florida-Mike, FNG33, FNORD, Fontaine, FWFRazorX, G.webster, Garand1, gatekeeper2earth, geoffs, Ghost1986, Gii shi kan dug, Gina-Te, Girlscout, GlobalNomad, GMFuzy, GoArmy, Gobigorange, Goodwrench708, GotAltoids, grassdi, gunguy, Gunslingerbarred, Gva, Halkon, happilycrabby, harveydent, Hawaii Guy, HeavyHauler, helliott123, Herssius Thespian, Highlander, Hiker72, HikerMan, Hill Top, HUGHES555, ibsunburnt, INCH PACKER, indoorsman, ioda006, IronX, ishiyumisan, JackD, jailer252, JakeS, jamonmygeetar, JDub, jerry58, jhill1965, JLhernault, jodier7, jodsterag, JoeLa, joes, joeybuttafucho, Jonathan Luna, jonuhs, Joshohoho, js3407, jstlrkng, junglecrawler, KaBar67, kader, kael, Kalypso, Kanzas, kathy_in_ca, Kebler414, kef3stlmo, Kilmarley, kimosaubi, King, kingjames, kjohn1, knifethrower, koconcept, kontraktniki, lam1317, LethallyFit, Libellula, LiberityLee, lifesux, Like-Minded, LindainCO, Littlemiss9419, Llee, Lockguy, LoneWolf83, love2garden22, LOW96HB, LucidSol, m40, Machew, maddy, madphantom, MainePrepper, manfromidaho, marines, maryannL, matriculated, Maui Built, MaveRick-, McSwiffy, Michigan_RN, mightyoak, Mike26150, mike78666, Mike92, Mikeprepper, Mine Crafter, MJD_0874, mking2012, MLRTYM, monet108, mossbrg590, MrFrido, ms,hillbilly, MSTA57, Mtnman Mike, mudman, Munk, Neko-Chan, nevisberg, newticus, Nikos01, nobama12, nocturnal DE, Nolan.Sackett, Nomad-max, noniku, NorTXhunter, NOTxSOxGIRLYxGURL, nuccx2001, ocguy949, offgridmontana, Ofurhang, okerrigan, OLDWarrior64, OleOkie, ol_hoot, Ops0, OregonGal, P.Publius, Pacific Knight, Page29, PAGUY, pakrat63, paladinFL, PaloVivo, PAPAFOXTROT, pappy357, paracord&zippos, PaulaMM, pepple84, perduepro, PilotMedic, Plexiglass, pointman247, policemedic115, PoppyClips, psychobilly, psycosteve, querulous, rabbitone, ranchgirl, Raygunner, realmcgyver, Redneck Sasquatch, Ricekila, Rifleman336, rikisarahdennis, rink, rkmcdaniel, rob68, Robin56, Robinhood, RockinGLock, RookiePrepper, rrairborne, Ruffsketch, Ruh, RustyDaleShackleford, Sargent, savindude, Savvivalist, sayter liften, scavind, scottinaz, scrapper057, SeaBeeDaddy, Semper Paratus, sgpratt, SgtBooker44, shepherdtrainer, Shortkd, shywolf, sicsempertyranus, Silas XIV, Silverbullet, SimpleLifeCreations, SirAlabama, sirtomprice, Slamfire11, Slayer-G, slimdaddy, sluggyslugworth, snoblind, Songbird, Sparks107, spectech, Squirrels.follie, Srchdawg, SSGNasty, Stealthbobber06, stevil, stillsearchin', Stobor, stroyeror, styles, Suebeedo, Sumatra, SunwolfNC, Sureiscool, SurvivalBros.com, survivalistfamily, Sytx, TakeYasuma, talleymonster, TasKit, TechPrepper, TENNGRIZZ, Texas Fire, TexasMoose, ThatGermanNameGuy, The Night Fox, Theguy, thewolfman456, think172, TimeTraveler766, timgago, tlhayslip, TriggerHappy, TRMP, True Blue, TSnyder5133, TxMilitia, txsred66, unknownroot, usmfreedom, viper29, Von, walcott, WannaLearn, Watch Ryder, Weapon X, wengo1776, Wesley762, Wetpaint, wifiwaves, william12, WitchyWoman, Wolfe1759, Writer's Block, wynturmute, XDM, Yakfisher, Young_Texan, z man, zhead86, zombiehunter01
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,228 Times in 7,835 Posts

Moved to the urban section.

Why dont you have pouches on those canteens? Having the canteens high and on the back side does not make your pack heavier? Seems you would want them on top of your hips or shoulders.

I have that same buck night hawk knife.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Ready To Go At Any Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
Moved to the urban section.
Why? This is my gear to go out into the wilderness and start a new life if I have to. Doesn't that constitute wilderness survival?
I might be wrong, perhaps my definitions are incorrect. You're the boss anyways! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
Why don't you have pouches on those canteens? Having the canteens high and on the back side does not make your pack heavier? Seems you would want them on top of your hips or shoulders.

I have that same buck night hawk knife.
Well. the canteens were under 2 bucks each. the pouches are 10 bucks each.
At the time I hung those I had no other place to hang them. I will be getting pouches for them and putting them on the sides by my hips. I want everything as tight to my back as it can be, but just didn't have the money to make it happen yet.

Yeah I like that knife.
I think i also need to get one that has no serration, so I can sharpen the entire length, but I do love that knife and it stays in my car at all times.

Last edited by Nightwing; 05-30-2008 at 11:12 AM..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nightwing For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Default Two things

Like kev said get some canteen covers and for the meanwhile seperate those canteens they will rattle to gether and make nosie. By transporting that way they will also (eventully) break the cap retainers.

I don't know if you do but one might want to concider getting a 5 gallon "jerry can" and holding braket for if those cans a sliding around lose in the back of that truck and the state troopers or police see them unsecured that 'll be a ticket. Not to mention it's like rolling around with a molitov cocktail in the back, especially in case of an accident. And a frendly reminder to everyone, never fill your gas containers in the bed of you pick up in case of a static discharge of the bed, will result in a fire.

Another thing is if you want to keep the gas fresh longer with out rotation get Sta-bil fuel stabilizer by eagle, one can keep it up to 2 years without rotation.

Rifleman 336
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rifleman336 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 AM
"Dolt"

Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,208 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

I hate canteens, they make your water taste like arse.

Nalgene ... cause I'm a gear snob ...

I'm not sure about Colorado but be careful with "hiding" a gun in your car, some states get ****ish about it.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocYoung View Post
I hate canteens, they make your water taste like arse.

Nalgene ... cause I'm a gear snob ...

I'm not sure about Colorado but be careful with "hiding" a gun in your car, some states get ****ish about it.

you not read the right up's about nalgene bottles wish i had a link to the right up's oh well if your intrested in it you can goggle it. Not very promising
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to passinthru For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Ready To Go At Any Time

Seriously.... is nobody going to post a pic of their pack?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nightwing For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 06:19 PM
On till the break o dawn

I'm taking pics right now Nightwing. I'll help keep ya going!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentzundrcovr For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 15,909 Times in 4,195 Posts

I will take photos sometime this weekend and post them up for you. In the meantime, this is what I use for a G.O.O.D/B.O.B.

British Bergen Infantry Backpack with side Pockets (DPMXLBERGEN)

This large British PLCE infantry Bergen is made of heavy duty internally waterproofed cordora. The British infantry Bergen backpack incorporates a versatile day pack system within its large backpack design. This is accomplished by unzipping the two detachable pouches and using them independently or together as a useful 10 or 20 litre day pack.

Additional Features include:

* Genuine British Military
* DPM IRR Camouflage
* 1000 denier waterproof Cordora
* Large top-loading main compartment with an adjustable drawstring closure
* Side compression straps
* Large elasticity top cover flap with two zipper closed pockets
* Zipper closed front pocket
* Carrying handle
* Internal rigid light aluminum alloy frame bars
* Padded back and shoulder straps
* Heavy duty “YKK” zippers throughout

Last edited by Declan; 05-30-2008 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-30-2008, 06:23 PM

Thanked 1,209 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
Seriously.... is nobody going to post a pic of their pack?

Some people WORKduring the day , easy Francis ...................:D

Nice set up though
The Following User Says Thank You to S.James For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Trapper

nightwing i don't have the equipment to show my bugout bag or else i would love to show you but it's the same daypack that you keep in your car just set up a tad bit different you have a nice setup though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shotgunken For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 PM
"Dolt"

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by passinthru View Post
you not read the right up's about nalgene bottles wish i had a link to the right up's oh well if your intrested in it you can goggle it. Not very promising
http://www.nalgenechoice.com
They make BPA free bottles.

On top of that if I were a fetus or an infant I might be concerned about BPA.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
On till the break o dawn

Aright, here's my heap:

Blackwater 3 day 3100 ci internal frame. I have all my stuff in ditty bags to keep it together.

Bag No. 1:
Coleman Peak1 stove/fuel cell
2 mag blocks
bag o lint
2 bic lighters
folding knife for scraping mag blocks
firesticks
cottonballs in vaseline

Bag No. 2:
First Aid Kit
CPR Mask
Suture Kit

Bag No. 3:
small fishing kit
spool of 14# fishing line
emergency blanket

Bag No. 4:
Trip wire
300' paracord
plastic bags/garbage bags

Bag No. 5:
toothbrush/paste
duct tape
chapstick
sunscreen
deet bottle
camp suds
tp
batteries EDIT: duct tape and tp are having relationship issues; they are now separated. *DUH*

Side pocket:
folding shovel
5 watt CB radio
mess kit stuffed with lexan spork/2 mountain house meals(yes, they fit VERY snugly)

Bottom/side of main compartment:
8x10 tarp
camelback (3 liters)
6 piece fishing rod/reel
towel
cotton ripstop pants
underarmor
socks
2 t shirts
poncho

Top Flap:
Suunto map compass
Magellan GPS
Map of my BOL/surrounding area

Other side Pocket:
Glock 22 +3 15rd. mags
edible plants book

All my food is up at my family's cabin; so my weapons and everything else will be stuffed into my BOV when it's done:
The Following 273 Users Say Thank You to agentzundrcovr For This Useful Post:
2012, ActionJackson, Afemshoe2, aids10, Aircraft Killer, Airth, AKpredator, alaska_freedom, alexfm, alpha leader, alwayscarry, AmmoRx, andrey, Andy44, annie bannannie, apocalypsenow, az1, azcfi, AZman, B.B.A.Survivalist, Benjagan91, bj3000, Blaik, Blitz288, BloodCarver, BlueRidgeSurvival, blue_diamond2077, Bonebreaker, Bravo, breakneck, Brethrenunited, BriBri, bsd4083, BugOutDude, CallMaker, Capa Ender, casualties_army40, CenterFire762, CGsurvivalman, ChazTheSpaz, cheftothestars, ChickenLittle14, Chops249, Chrysalis, CO-retired, cowboy56, Crankyshank, cuttingman423, cyclopathic, cyrus12, czbohunk, D-Dub, DADDYO, Daganga, danzak44, Darkmoon, David Bevis, davis08, davmatt74, DeadManOnAStick, Deadstream, Deep13, DenverDuck, DieselD, DisgruntledPatriot, dnorgard, DocGolres, DougFir, doulos10, Dropy, Eagle9914, EarlT, Eevee, Elite.tech, ElPasoTom, Emery, FamilyMann, fastliberator, father of four, Fatherdonald, FNORD, Forge, Future Tomorrow, G-2, G.webster, G8tr, Gatorbait, geoffs, Ghost1986, GoArmy, Gobigorange, grassdi, grayzone, greenboy, Gristle62, Guit_fishN, gulfdaddy, Gunslingerbarred, Gva, harveydent, Hawaii Guy, HeavyHauler, henricomilitia, Hiker72, HikerMan, hotroderguy, HUGHES555, Idyllwoods, IFRSteveD, Il Pazzo, INCH PACKER, IronX, I_WILL_SURVIVE, JackD, JIC MAN, jodier7, joeg93454, JoeLa, joes, jonuhs, Joshohoho, js3407, junglecrawler, J_Rice, kader, kam, Kanzas, kathy_in_ca, kef3stlmo, khrukhru, Kilmarley, King, kingjames, KingMe1, KitsaProtector, kjohn1, knifethrower, koconcept, kontraktniki, Kroenen117, LastChance, LethallyFit, LiamFisher, Like-Minded, Littlemiss9419, Lockguy, Lonewolf 1775, love2garden22, LucidSol, magfed556, MainePrepper, Maui Built, Mikeprepper, MikeV1234, Mine Crafter, MisterBig, MJD_0874, mking2012, MLRTYM, monet108, Mr. Smartguy, MSTA57, muffin_n, Nasty zasty, NeoNurse, nick_the_tinkerer, nobama12, Nomad-max, NorTXhunter, NOTxSOxGIRLYxGURL, ocguy949, Ofurhang, Old RidgeRunner, OneManArmy, Optimistic_Pessimist, P.Publius, Pacific Knight, packitnow, PaloVivo, pappy357, PaulaMM, pepple84, pheka, psychobilly, PvtE2, querulous, QuiBonJinn, realmcgyver, Rednekdaddy, rikisarahdennis, rkmcdaniel, rob68, RobbiesDream, robstar, RookiePrepper, rrairborne, Ruffsketch, S.P.Q.R., Santo, savindude, SDMomof5/4=9, Semper Paratus, ShaDoLor, shadow2383, shawn, shepherdtrainer, Shortkd, shotgunken, Silverbullet, SirAlabama, sirtomprice, Slamfire11, sniperfx, son-of-a-SEAL, SouljahBoy, spectech, sponge, Squirrels.follie, Srchdawg, sshearer347, Stealthbobber06, steve818, stevil, Stobor, stoneunhenged, stroyeror, Suebeedo, Sumatra, surviivaljustin, SurvivalBros.com, SurvivalDude93, surviver94, survivor45, Sytx, tackleberry2000, tacticaldad617, Tarik, tedennis, Texas Fire, th3boy, ThatGermanNameGuy, The Dark One, thewolfman456, tlhayslip, tmootu, topsoldier1982, trainedtosave, TRMP, Trying2BReady, TSnyder5133, Twi7ch, txsred66, Typhoon, usmfreedom, VicTheKid, Viking Josh, viper29, Vlad Tepes, Von, vv111y, walcott, wedweb, wengo1776, WestTxPrepper, Wetpaint, WhiteWolf, wifiwaves, william12, WitchyWoman, WolfCastle, Yakfisher, zacszoo, zombiehunter01
Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,286 Times in 18,508 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Hope this works...usually when I download a picture, everything goes haywire. Let's see:

1) Bug out bag with some extra stuff.
2) Collapsible 5 gallon water container.
3) Fire starter; magnifying glass; folded water bag; canteen.
4) Strike Force fire starter. One of the best I've seen so far.
5) Folding Military shovel w/case; Machete; fire starter.
6) Strike Force in closed position with all weather tinder.
7) My BOV Silverado
8) Back seat supplies.
9) An inexpensive and basic tool kit. Also, the Max Axe multi-tool. Very durable and useful. The various attachments attach to the axe head and are held on with cotter pins. Pricey but worth it in my opinion. I bought mine through Forrest Tools. http://www.maxax.com/
10) 3 gallons of water and my BOV bag with necessities including a 6 day supply of SOS emergency food bars. (5 year shelf life and able to withstand temperature extremes.
11) Rechargeable MagLite, 3 cell flashlight.
12) Sangean short wave radio with cigarette lighter plug in. Also, the Stanley "FuBar" multi-tool. http://www.tools-plus.com/stanley-55-099.html
13) Smith & Wesson AR-15
14) Glock 19 with two 15 rd Mags
15) Buck knife
16) Ruger .357 mag
17) K-Bar knife
18) Citadel knife...doubles as a magnesium striker.

Maybe someone can explain to me how I go about having my pictures enlarge when you click on them???

Last edited by ActionJackson; 05-31-2008 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: A couple of additions.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 02:27 AM
I love this forum

I managed to take my B.O.B. apart and take some pics. Here is what is in it.
Of course, I am not taking all the guns if an exit on foot is required. The Glock 22 is coming and possibly a long gun, depending on the situation.

From left to right:

1. British Infantry Back Pack

2. Spare clothes, Extra socks, 2 water canteens, Fiskar ultra light hatchet, Fishing kit, Tent, Sleeping bag, Foot powder, Tarp, Inflatable mattress,

3. Katadyn pocket filter

4. Goodies box kit:fire starters, hand sanitizer, spare batteries, LED head lamp (it's not visible) aluminum foil for cooking,, balaclava, face camo paint, spare shoe laces, condom (for non sexual purposes), pain killers, para cord, emergency warmers, Kleenex pack, spare socks, needle nose pliers, electrical tape, folding saw, folding knife, tooth brush, Bic lighters, tooth paste, spare inflatable mattress

5. Folding stove, 2 six hour fuel cans, cutlery, pot and and bowl

6. Goggles (if you've ever had to walk through nasty rain, snow or dust storms you'll understand why I have goggles), lensatic compass, compact 10X25 binos, face paint, Spyderco folding knife and Ruko fixed blade knife.

7. First Aid kit (forgot to snap a pic of that)

The firearms are from left to right:

1. Mossberg 500A Persuader 12 ga./3in w. Surefire G2 120 lumens flash light (hard to make out but it's there)

2. SKS-D (takes AK 47 mags) in 7.62X39 with Tapco T6 collapsible stock

3. Glock 22 (.40 cal S&W) w. Fobus Evolution holster and mag holder.

4. Ruger 10-22 w. 25 round clip.

5. Savage AC-111, detachable five round magazine in 30.06, w. Mil dot scope and Harris bipod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xl_DPMXLBERGEN.jpg
Views:	2767
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	4671   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 009.jpg
Views:	3324
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	4672   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 011.jpg
Views:	2937
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	4673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	3674
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	4674   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 015.jpg
Views:	3102
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	4675   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 014.jpg
Views:	3704
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	4676  

Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 016.jpg
Views:	3931
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	4677   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 017.jpg
Views:	4285
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	4678   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 018.jpg
Views:	3680
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	4679   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 019.jpg
Views:	3470
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	4680   Click image for larger version

Name:	June first 08 020.jpg
Views:	3708
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	4681  

Last edited by Declan; 05-31-2008 at 04:47 AM..
Old 05-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,286 Times in 18,508 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Nice set up Declan. Have you had a chance to weigh your BOB? I have similar items in mine and the thing comes to about 35lbs. That's not too much for a young and energetic person but it's quite heavy for this 48 year old with a bad back. I've been pondering ways I can lighten mine up.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Ready To Go At Any Time

Best Picture Ever!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightwing For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 12:49 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Nice set up Declan. Have you had a chance to weigh your BOB? I have similar items in mine and the thing comes to about 35lbs. That's not too much for a young and energetic person but it's quite heavy for this 48 year old with a bad back. I've been pondering ways I can lighten mine up.
Yes, you are correct. It's somewhere between 35 and 40lbs and I've lightened it up as much as I could without compromising the totality of my preparedness as I see it, but I plan on being able to live out of my B.O.B. for an indefinite period of time.

If you want a lighter, more basic set up, fall back on the "shelter, water and food" philosophy. Have a tent, water (and filtration) and food. If I got rid of anything else besides that, I'd be down to about half the weight.

I am not going to do that so instead I've started hiking with my B.O.B. regularly to get used to it and to carrying weight. Start with short hikes and increase them gradually as you become more used to it.

If that really isn't an option, consider a different set up. Have your sleeping bag, tent and water canteens in the back pack.

A drop leg pouch can go on each leg and contain your First Aid kit, binos, knives, compass, fire starters and other small items:

What is left can be carried in a waist pouch at the front:

That should lighten the load on your back considerably.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:29 PM
"Dolt"

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post

3. Katadyn pocket filter
I was thinking of pickin one of these up. How do you like it? I hear its more durable then the MSR. They say it can filter 13K of water.

Others say the 0.2 micron filter is the same as a MSR's thus not worth the extra $120-150.

Whats your thoughts as you have one?
The Following User Says Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 PM

Thanked 1,209 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
A drop leg pouch can go on each leg and contain your First Aid kit, binos, knives, compass, fire starters and other small items:
Try running with 2 of those .................worthless .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S.James For This Useful Post: