Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you backpack, hike, with a "normal" backpack? Determined Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 29 06-29-2016 06:24 PM
AR Decision, Help Please Argartis Rifle Forum 10 04-22-2015 12:51 PM
Help me with a tough decision, please! IrishCannon Military Weapons Forum 13 04-03-2014 07:43 AM
Hoodie Backpack & Backpack Bicycle McGuyversurvivor Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 5 02-14-2014 10:53 PM
I Have Made The Decision Mathematics Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 69 01-17-2014 05:35 AM
New ham rig decision. Nocturnus Communications 35 11-28-2013 02:23 PM
help with decision BenRumson Firearms General Discussion 20 05-02-2011 06:44 PM
Help with decision infantry raider Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 04-05-2011 11:03 PM
Big AR-15 Decision jcodyr19 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 68 03-30-2011 02:20 PM
help with decision t00sl0w Firearms General Discussion 27 05-29-2009 07:48 PM

Old 10-22-2010, 11:25 PM

Advertise Here

Alice PACK BROSKE
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 AM

You might want to have a look at Arizzon Wolverine thread: https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=35163

Last edited by miscreant; 10-26-2010 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 AM

Hey All! I am a new member and just signed up. I acatually found your site by searching for MOLLE packs and I guess it linked me to one of the site's posts about Arizzon Wolverine Packs. I immediately fell in love with them. I made contact with the company in Poland and managed to get my hands on a Wolverine 32L and a Wolverine 16L. They arrived a couple days ago and are AMAZING!

I wanted to express my thanks in coming across your site. I have been a long time reader of Survival Blog and it is finally nice to find a more interactive community to discuss and exhange ideas in.

I have access to getting any of the packs Arizzon makes for anyone that is interested. Would anyone be interested in a Group Buy of packs? I am 3gunguy on eBay too and you can check me out. Perhaps we can save some cash and get some of their packs state side. I am planning on ordering the 50L and 90L pretty soon.

I would be happy to speak with a moderator from the site and work with the members on all kinds of neat stuff.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Nice to meet you all. My name is Peter. I am out in South Florida.

Have a great one!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 1,208 Times in 827 Posts

DO NOT DO A CFP 90 Theyre flimsy, fragile- frame is no good. 80's-90's. Lowe Pro made them. Gregory SPEAR backpacks recently, 6-7k cu in. RUGGED E-bay, $1-200 range. Customizable MOLLE rig. Dont forget the Lg ALICE is comfy too, and good low cost BOB for the vehicle Grab 'n go
Old 07-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Prepared

Mystery Ranch. They sell a ton of long range packs to high end units in the military. Dana Gleason owns the company, they market their gear hard to heavy duty clientele, i.e. military, smoke jumpers, trail crews, biologists, hunters, and they're built to take serious punishment. Their military packs are setup for radios, magazines, rifles, the works.

Dana used to own Dana Designs, sold the company and used the cash to form up a bigger company with more specific and tailored gear designs for the end users. I've got 4 of the original Dana packs from 1991-1994 before he sold the company, and they are as unkillable as they come. Not cheap, but quality rarely is.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/site/index.html

Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Hello Again Everyone!

My name is Peter. I found your board looking for a good MOLLE pack. I found Arizzon Packs through this site and ended up ordering some. I am now in a position to import them in quantity. I joined the site with a Merchant Membership.

My goal is to establish a group buy of the packs and then bring them in saving everyone on shipping and overall cost.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I will be posting this in other pack related spots. on the site.

I have access to the whole line of Arizzon Wolverine Packs in Black, Olive or Multicam.

Please get with me. My goal is to get commitments from as many people as possible. Once a number of packs is determined, then I will take payment and get them ordered. You should have your pack in hand with in 30 or so days of the order!

I am 3gunguy on eBay. You can check out my feedback there.

If this goes well and people are happy, I have access to a number of products from the shooting, outdoor and survival industries.

Survivalist Boards Only Pricing will be as follows:

16L WOLVERINE
BLACK/OD $79.95
MULTICAM $94.95
32L WOLVERINE
BLACK/OD $174.95
MULTICAM $204.95
50L MONOLITH
BLACK/OD $359.95
MULTICAM $489.95
70L MONOLITH
BLACK/OD $399.95
MULTICAM $429.95
90L MONOLITH
BLACK/OD $439.95
MULTICAM $479.95
SIDEPOUCH
BLACK/OD $39.95
MULTICAM $49.95

Shipping (CONUS Only) will be a Flat Rate of $25.00 for the 32-90 L packs and 12.00 for the 16 L. If you decide on more than one pack, let me know and we can combine shipping. My goal is to have commitments from interested parties by, Friday August 5; confirm availability and collect funds from everyone by August 15; have the packs on hand By Sept 7 and in everyone's hands by Sept 15.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Concerns?
Peter Roccisano
754-224-0249

Last edited by 3gunguy; 07-09-2011 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Shipping will be to CONUS only
Old 07-11-2011, 12:50 AM

REI is a fantastic place to check out backpacks. They really have some good advice on packs and which ones are best for different scenarios. They will also size you up for one that fits comfortably, and if you are willing to spend $300 on your friends pack, you might as well go to REI and get something similar brand new from a store that can give you customer support if anything goes wrong.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:42 PM

AT hikers don't carry tents they sleep in shelters on the trail. P
Old 07-13-2011, 09:29 PM

I use the good old large alice pack....my shelter and sleeping bag go in a separate compression bag attached to the bottom of the alice....and i have a haversack strapped to the alice frame...for excusions away from camp.....never fails....rock solid gear...
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Does anyone sell the Alice packs with aftermarket frames that may be more comfortable for long/heavy trekking?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluteEhre View Post
Does anyone sell the Alice packs with aftermarket frames that may be more comfortable for long/heavy trekking?

There are companies that do. I know Blackhawk has some kind of offering. I believe Eagle Industries might also. Just google it!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:42 PM

I use the CFP-90 and so far no problems. I'm getting the tac vest (on order) and that may help with any shifting problems that another poster mentioned. I don't have any shifting problems....just want to give it a try. Anyway, the pack is huge and very comfortable. You can get them, with careful shopping, new at around $50. I have two original ones and bought them at local pawn shops.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Backpacker

Three thing I always tell people when they ask me about packs.

1. Figure out what size you will need. You don't want to have a pack that's too much room and flapping in the breeze. You also don't want one that you can't fit everything you need into it.

2. Fit. Every pack will feel and "ride" differently for different people. Most store will let you load a pack and walk around for a while.

3. Expensive doesn't always mean quality. If you take care of the pack, keep it clean and maintained it will last. (I still use my Jansport External Frame pack I bought when I was in Boy Scouts 30 years ago.)

Ultimately you are the one that has to carry it.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnc91 View Post
AT hikers don't carry tents they sleep in shelters on the trail. P
I never knew that. It will good to know when I make it there spmetime.

Thank you.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Improvise Adapt Overcome!

Thanked 12,108 Times in 5,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachson View Post
DO NOT DO A CFP 90 Theyre flimsy, fragile- frame is no good. 80's-90's. Lowe Pro made them. Gregory SPEAR backpacks recently, 6-7k cu in. RUGGED E-bay, $1-200 range. Customizable MOLLE rig. Dont forget the Lg ALICE is comfy too, and good low cost BOB for the vehicle Grab 'n go
The CFP-90 is hit or miss. There have been some really good ones, and really bad ones. If you do get one, make sure it was genuine military issue. Too many problems with the knockoff to even list. You simply can't trust them.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Constable on a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio337 View Post
Looking for a long-range, high capacity pack. I've pretty much narrowed it down to:

Kifaru EMR. Can buy off a friend, used in excellent shape in OD for $300 even.

https://kifaru.net/MGemr.htm

7500 cubic inches. Bigger of the two, and Molle compatible (can piggyback a day pack easier).

CFP-90, military issue in decent shape for around $80:

http://www.campingsurvivalgearreviews.com/?p=108=1

Not molle compatible, may have replacement parts/durability issues.

Its not like I'm hiking the AT anytime soon, I camp about 4 times a year and have a 4-5 day primitive backpacking trip in the fall.

Any experience or suggestions? Go expensive, and never look back, or make the budget-buy?

Input is appreciated!

I guess some people describe me ; or think I am a "Type A" personality. I do not believe I am "Type A" , I am just organized.......and US Military. Trained Military !

I arrive at work to work " Gate One " and it is a mess and I have to organize it. Fire extinguishers are placed in the company truck I drive, by the previous shift, so they roll around when I drive around. When I work "Gate two" , to work of a night sometimes........the paperwork is not in order and scattered everywhere. I guess I work with some juvenile people, because I never noticed it occurring to other co-workers.

The company trucks a mess in the passengers interior with paperwork and permits - and I have to clean it up. I believe, dust spread all over the interior of my work truck....so I have to clean it up - wipe the dash and interior down, after it was done my previous shift "Inside the plant".

People I believe....intentionally attempting to make me angry.

BUT THERE IS ONE THING - keep your backpack in order, and know where everything is. If you take it out - when you are finished, put it back where you got it. An organized backpack is a valued backpack. Keep your backpack organized and clean. Know where everything is at.

Green Shadow --*--
Old 05-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,398 Times in 616 Posts

Of the 2 you mentioned both are way more pack than you should need.
If you look you will be able to find a high quality civi pack in a color you like that will weight under 5lbs., some near 4lbs. Every extra pound that your pack weights is one less of gear, food, or supplies you can carry.