Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dermabond for dummies? joyfulheart Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 34 05-01-2016 04:24 PM
Pull ups for dummies? MonsterMash Health, Fitness and First Aid 32 09-09-2014 09:19 PM
Big Dummies Pinto509 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 13 07-03-2013 02:22 PM
Ham... (for dummies, please) 13ella Communications 36 05-17-2013 02:49 AM
KCI Glock Magazines In Stock - 3 Pack $39 (Glock 17) or $45 (Glock 19) apps47inc For Sale 0 01-13-2013 03:21 PM
Canning for dummies? nodgree Food and water 11 12-04-2012 03:00 PM
GPS for dummies dustinfox Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 15 12-02-2012 10:16 AM
HAM radio for dummies......<this guy... whatmecrazy Communications 4 09-16-2012 11:21 PM
Law and Grace for Dummies MinnesotaCuke Religious Discussion 139 03-19-2012 03:00 AM
9-1-1 Dummies of the day OLDWarrior64 Jokes, Humor & Music 2 06-24-2010 05:01 AM

Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Press 1 for English

Thanked 1,482 Times in 509 Posts

Advertise Here

I tried many different guns out and the Glock just fit my hand and felt good, I love my 19 but now my daughter is going to take it as soon as she gets her CP as she loves it, guess I'll have to get me a 1911 to go with my S&W 629.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Default I Love Glocks

I think the coachroaches will die before my glocks will. I absolutely love them. I have a glock 19 9mm and my husband has a glock 22 40cal. Love the way the fit, feel,fire, and function...
Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Prepared

First Reply! YES!!

I'm on the edge of getting my first Glock, a 19. I'm stoked. I've heard nothing but good on them.
But likewise, it seems like anyone who bashes Glocks just ramble on about nonsense and can't seem to give a definite reason as to why they are absolutely useless....other than the fact that their precious 1911 or Single Action Army just might have been hopelessly out classed by a Glock. Seems Glock haters have never even touched a Glock.

In closing, I dare not bash anyone else's handgun. To each their own. If it works, it works. I, myself, have come to quite adore my Tokarev TT-33...
I'm just saying that you can't bash any handgun without factual support. Glock, XD, or otherwise.
~
Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,271 Times in 515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
Yes, Glocks are for dummies.

/thread
I was waiting for this. Thanks for taking the heat from all the rest of us who can't resist swinging at those hanging curve balls.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,401 Posts

I bought my first handgun in 1973. My first Glock 4 years ago. In between I can't honestly say how many various handguns I've purchased. Well into the dozens. Now I have 6 Glocks, and they are my favorites, and get shot the most. When I can't decide, I just grab a Glock.

They are easy to shoot accurately, rock solid dependable, easy to disassemble and clean, and will all but run forever. They are not the prettiest, most accurate, or a gun you will show off at barbecue's. But they were never designed for that. They are rugged, dependable, and a gun you can stake your life on, and it won't let you down. Bill T.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Have gun,will travel

Thanked 7,362 Times in 2,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt460 View Post

I bought my first handgun in 1973. My first Glock 4 years ago. In between I can't honestly say how many various handguns I've purchased. Well into the dozens. Now I have 6 Glocks, and they are my favorites, and get shot the most. When I can't decide, I just grab a Glock.

They are easy to shoot accurately, rock solid dependable, easy to disassemble and clean, and will all but run forever. They are not the prettiest, most accurate, or a gun you will show off at barbecue's. But they were never designed for that. They are rugged, dependable, and a gun you can stake your life on, and it won't let you down. Bill T.
Well said Bill. And nice collection!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Gone Galt

Thanked 66,577 Times in 17,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweep View Post
First Reply! YES!!

I'm on the edge of getting my first Glock, a 19. I'm stoked. I've heard nothing but good on them.
But likewise, it seems like anyone who bashes Glocks just ramble on about nonsense and can't seem to give a definite reason as to why they are absolutely useless....other than the fact that their precious 1911 or Single Action Army just might have been hopelessly out classed by a Glock. Seems Glock haters have never even touched a Glock.

In closing, I dare not bash anyone else's handgun. To each their own. If it works, it works. I, myself, have come to quite adore my Tokarev TT-33...
I'm just saying that you can't bash any handgun without factual support. Glock, XD, or otherwise.
~
You gonna love that G19

Years from now you will most likely realize...WOW, I've had this G19 forever, as other handguns came and went from your collection.

I seem to ccw my G19 more than anything else.

IMO - Its the BEST 9mm handgun. I'm also getting to love me recently added G17 (Just a 'lil bigger in both directions )

I'm currently really thinking hard about adding some Glocks in .45
Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,521 Times in 761 Posts

Hickock45 is amazing to watch - like the 230yd shot he made with a handgun.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Prepared

i tried several firearms before "The Glock". I have owned almost every Glock model at one time or another...I carry the 19 for one simple reason, KISS and it goes bang everytime!
I carry it like a set of keys...be safe all!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:22 AM

What lube wont burn the plastic? first post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Have gun,will travel

Thanked 7,362 Times in 2,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric View Post
What lube wont burn the plastic? first post
I am not aware of any lubricants that will harm a Glock's polymer frame.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric View Post
What lube wont burn the plastic?
What I generally do with my Glocks, is after I shoot, clean, and re lubricate, I store them inverted in my gun safe for a few days with the top of the slide sitting on a piece of paper towel, or else a clean rag. This allows any excess oil and lubricant to drain downward, away from the frame itself. Most of the parts on a Glock that do require lubrication are in the slide anyway, so it helps to keep the lube where it's needed. Then, after a few days I store normally in a rack, or on their side.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:40 AM

I have a Glock 30, its a .45 caliber, love it.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
"shall not be infringed!"

Quote:
My post was supposed to be a humorous poke at the thread title. Failed humor I guess.

But now that you got me started, Glock is the Under Armor of handguns. Like Under Armor, Glock makes a good product. The problem is that most people buy Glocks and Under Armor because they are the hyped brands. They see "Glock", they buy it. They see "Under Armor", they buy it.

I would bet that at least 75% of Glock owners never spent any significant time with any handgun other than a Glock prior to buying their first Glock. They made an uninformed decision based on the hype, and are now lifelong fanbois that will never open their eyes to any other manufacturer. They saw Glocks on TV, fired their buddies Glock, and then bought their own Glock.

Yes, I realize there will be 52 replies from people that claim to have tried out 7 different handguns before buying their first Glock, but that doesn't disprove my point.
I have Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Kel-tec, Beretta, Sig Arms, and Walther pistols. I just recently purchased a G17, and have been very very impressed with it after shooting at my 75 yard range. I actually shot my G17 better (than my 92FS) the last time I shot my plates. Now I want a G19. I guess don't totally agree with your generalization because most of my gun owning friends didn't rush out and buy a Glock for their first gun. Many don't even own a Glock yet. I'm glad I bought one. Would I recommend Glock for someone's first gun...probably not because I often recommend guns with decockers and a safety switch. P.s. I won't be getting rid of any of my other guns, and I will be purchasing non-Glocks in the future too.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Prepared

The Glock 17 that I gave to my son was the first pistol I owned. I had shot other pistols before. When it first came out in the eighties, I was not impressed. After shooting some Glocks and reading about them I decided on it. I had a 21SF but sold it. Now I am Glockless. Wanted a G-26 but in Canada the barrel doesn't come with it and must be replaced with a longer aftermarket one. So after taxes and shipping it is about $1200. Can't CCW (am just a Canadian serf so not entitled to self-defence) so it looks like the 17 for range use only. I'd prefer a Gen 1 but will be happy with the Gen 4 now that they have all the bugs worked out.
So, yes, I am one of those guys whose very first pistol was a Glock but not for the reasons put forth by Enscheff,
Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM

Ive got a Gen 4 glock 22 ... Had to get a new spring for it but it cost me nothing and their service was top notch. Cant say anything bad about glock.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Gone Galt

Thanked 66,577 Times in 17,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
The Glock 17 that I gave to my son was the first pistol I owned. I had shot other pistols before. When it first came out in the eighties, I was not impressed. After shooting some Glocks and reading about them I decided on it. I had a 21SF but sold it. Now I am Glockless. Wanted a G-26 but in Canada the barrel doesn't come with it and must be replaced with a longer aftermarket one. So after taxes and shipping it is about $1200. Can't CCW (am just a Canadian serf so not entitled to self-defence) so it looks like the 17 for range use only. I'd prefer a Gen 1 but will be happy with the Gen 4 now that they have all the bugs worked out.
So, yes, I am one of those guys whose very first pistol was a Glock but not for the reasons put forth by Enscheff,

^--------------------------- That whole thing there...is complicated.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM
OTP Rebel

Quote:
My post was supposed to be a humorous poke at the thread title. Failed humor I guess.

But now that you got me started, Glock is the Under Armor of handguns. Like Under Armor, Glock makes a good product. The problem is that most people buy Glocks and Under Armor because they are the hyped brands. They see "Glock", they buy it. They see "Under Armor", they buy it.

I would bet that at least 75% of Glock owners never spent any significant time with any handgun other than a Glock prior to buying their first Glock. They made an uninformed decision based on the hype, and are now lifelong fanbois that will never open their eyes to any other manufacturer. They saw Glocks on TV, fired their buddies Glock, and then bought their own Glock.

Yes, I realize there will be 52 replies from people that claim to have tried out 7 different handguns before buying their first Glock, but that doesn't disprove my point.
Actually I tried out 9 models before buying a Glock, which is what the LGS recommended in the first place.

But they made more money because I wouldn't listen
Old 12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
OTP Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt460 View Post
What I generally do with my Glocks, is after I shoot, clean, and re lubricate, I store them inverted in my gun safe for a few days with the top of the slide sitting on a piece of paper towel, or else a clean rag. This allows any excess oil and lubricant to drain downward, away from the frame itself. Most of the parts on a Glock that do require lubrication are in the slide anyway, so it helps to keep the lube where it's needed. Then, after a few days I store normally in a rack, or on their side.
I store mine vertical @ 3:30
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
I would bet that at least 75% of Glock owners never spent any significant time with any handgun other than a Glock prior to buying their first Glock. They made an uninformed decision based on the hype, and are now lifelong fanbois that will never open their eyes to any other manufacturer.
Actually, I think it is just the complete opposite. I'm a perfect example. I've been shooting handguns since the early 70's. I saw my first Glock back in the 80's when they first came out......and promptly laughed at it. A plastic pistol? You've got to be kidding? It took me until just a few years ago to realize just what I've been missing, and purchase my first one. That was 6 Glocks ago.

Now I'm a much better shooter, and happier for it. The gun has completely converted me. Rugged, reliable, cost effective, accurate, easy to shoot, and even easier to maintain. It would be difficult to ask for much more. In short, for a self defense weapon it is ideal. If it's worth protecting, it's worth protecting it with a Glock.