Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Hunter

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 2,057 Times in 641 Posts
Default Is there such a thing as dirty fighting?

Advertise Here

Or in 2019 does anything go?

Someone mentioned they added a new twist to the knockout game. After the random knockout on a stranger they pee on the unconscious person.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,716 Times in 975 Posts

No, there is no such thing as dirty fighting.

But what you are talking about isn't fighting. It is assault and it is illegal. Not to mention that it is first class chicken ****.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PoorRichard05 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 12:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,289 Times in 3,622 Posts

The knockout game as it's called is an ambush, not a fight, lets get that clear right from the start. It's assault and battery and potentially a murder. That aside, is there any other way to fight than dirty? If you are not exploiting weaknesses and taking every advantage...you're not doing it right...lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,392 Times in 3,628 Posts

If youíre going through life minding your business and someone brings bull**** your way and you have to fight to protect yourself I donít think there is any tactic or tool that should be considered off limits.
Dirty fighting is outlawed in a contest, not in survival
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 02:24 PM

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

50 years from now, no one will remember who fought honorably, they will only remember who won.

That being said, the only justification for violence is in answer to violence.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire_fighter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 7,747 Times in 2,525 Posts

`

Are you in a fight where there is a referee, maybe even judges & a known set of rules for the bout in question? Then yes, there is such a thing as dirty fighting. Is this a fight where there are no referee's, judges, or a clear set of rules for this bout? Then no, there are no rules. Any fight like that you must always assume it's a life & death struggle as you have no idea what the other person may do, what weapons they might have or if their friends/family might assist them. Or for that matter say it's a 1:1 fight with no weapons, but you get knocked out, you can hit your head on curb, table or whatever & be seriously brain damaged. Your opponent may also choose to keep beating you after you are down & do more damage as well. In a street fight, all bets are off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 9,032 Times in 3,308 Posts

Yes there is such a thing as dirty fighting.
Let your conscious be your guide.
Do the right thing.
But also, survive.

There are so many different situations in
different circumstances, that its hard to
predict what is the right response.

What would Jesus do?

The best fight, is the fight
you avoided.

Humility is the most important
Christian virtue.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:14 PM

A friend and I were coming out of a class on “The Rules of Land Warfare”. My friend said, “Hank, out in the bush, there’s one rule. I’m going home ! There are no more rules.” I believe my friend to be 100% correct. Another acquaintance ( SF type ) said, “ Hank,if you find yourself in a fair fight, you have planned poorly.” I believe he was also 100% dead on the money. ‘Nuf said, Hank.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 8,861 Times in 2,641 Posts

A fight is two people agreeing to duke it out, for whatever reason. It is not sneaking up on an innocent and unsuspecting person and sucker punching them in the head, jumping out from around a corner and bashing them with a tire iron, rushing up on them and dragging them down to kick and rape, or one against three (or ten, as in a recent episode).

It is not two people agreeing to duke it out hand to hand, and when one of them seems to be loosing he pulls out a weapon, or a buddy tosses him one. (Now if this is a weapon fight, and you both know that, then go for it.)

Yeah, there is such a thing as dirty fighting. A punch it out, mano-e-mano, fist to fist fight is not honourable if it includes biting, eye gouging, rock clunking or hidden weapon pulling. But that's for fighting with someone who doesn't seem to know about keeping his mouth in check and his manors turned on. If you are an innocent passerby defending yourself from crime, then all is fair. Hurt him.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,680 Times in 8,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Vet View Post
Yes there is such a thing as dirty fighting.
Let your conscious be your guide.
Do the right thing.
But also, survive.

There are so many different situations in
different circumstances, that its hard to
predict what is the right response.

What would Jesus do?

The best fight, is the fight
you avoided.

Humility is the most important
Christian virtue.
That.

I have fought guys who couldn't fight but talked a big game. And went a bit over the top through fear.

And to see a person on the ground screaming and crying and having everyone look at you like you are some kind of monster isn't very nice. And from my opinion isn't very cool.

So I am not a big fan of fighting to destroy people and I avoid it when I can. Because it really does put scars on your soul.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 02:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,079 Times in 2,296 Posts

I have two rules to fighting.

1.) The number one rule to fighting is, be the "winner"...

2.) Rule number two is, if I can't "win" a fight, make sure that I make the fight so unpleasant that they never "desire", to fight me again...

Anything that helps accomplish those two rules is in my opinion not "dirty fighting", it is "sensible and effective" fighting.

In HS I knew I couldn't possibly beat everyone that wanted to fight me, but I knew I could find ways to cause them enough pain to either stop the fight or at least make them stay away from future fights with me. Best trick I found was to punch a person in the fist as they were trying to punch me, knuckle to knuckle as hard as I could punch. Boy if that don't take the fight right out of a person... lol....

That method does lead to broken bones in the hand often enough, but that is where I have an advantage as I for some reason do not feel pain as strongly as most people do. That and at this point I have broken so many bones in my right hand that that several of the bones have grown together and formed a plate of bone rather than the original separate bones so now my hand is far stronger than it originally was. Granted half my knuckles are 3/4 of an inch back from the others with all of the un-settable compound fractures over the years, but it still works just fine.

Always use whatever advantage you have to win....
Old 08-27-2019, 04:33 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 7,747 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
A fight is two people agreeing to duke it out, for whatever reason. It is not sneaking up on an innocent and unsuspecting person and sucker punching them in the head, jumping out from around a corner and bashing them with a tire iron, rushing up on them and dragging them down to kick and rape, or one against three (or ten, as in a recent episode).

It is not two people agreeing to duke it out hand to hand, and when one of them seems to be loosing he pulls out a weapon, or a buddy tosses him one. (Now if this is a weapon fight, and you both know that, then go for it.)

Yeah, there is such a thing as dirty fighting. A punch it out, mano-e-mano, fist to fist fight is not honourable if it includes biting, eye gouging, rock clunking or hidden weapon pulling. But that's for fighting with someone who doesn't seem to know about keeping his mouth in check and his manors turned on. If you are an innocent passerby defending yourself from crime, then all is fair. Hurt him.
You must never have been to many bars, concerts, etc. when fights break out. I've never once heard/seen one guy walk up calmly to another guy & say "Excuse me good sir, would you care to engage in a Marquis De Queensbury fisticuffs bout?" & the other guy "It would be my great pleasure!" Most of the time it's some ass hole who thinks somebodies looking at his girl, or gets bumped or some other perceived slight that triggers them into punching a guy who had no intention of being in a fight, but finds he MUST defend himself & not by simply waving his hand & saying "The day goes to you fine gent" & gets out of fighting. When somebody attacks you like that, all that stuff you consider "dirty" in a real street fight is all good, if you think it isn't you are fooling yourself to think it's "cheating". You do whatever with whatever to "win" that fight, cause you don't know what he may or may not do or who might do it for them. There are no refs in a street fight, even if somebody's friend promises to ensure a "fair" fight. Then maybe the guy is good boxer, but your good at grappling & take him down, then THEY decide THAT'S not fair so all jump you. In a street fight the important thing is to be able to get away as unscathed as possible. There are no real "winners" in a street fight & no ring girl is going to put a belt around you & ESPN won't be asking for an interview.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,982 Times in 7,431 Posts

Dirty fighting....In a boxing ring yes

in a street fight not so much
The Following User Says Thank You to Baddogg5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,289 Times in 3,622 Posts

The best approach is to do everything you can to avoid a fight in the first place. Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me...or something like that.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:32 PM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 29,785 Times in 9,799 Posts

I don't fight, I walk away. If they lay a hand on me, I intend to kill. I'm too damn old to fight anymore...

If anyone attempted to do the knockout game on me and failed, they wouldn't ever do it to anyone else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to America's Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 03:47 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,047 Times in 2,273 Posts

Sanctioned matches? Yes there is such a thing. Street fights? No such thing. I have 1 rule, and it's served me well all of my life. I'm going home.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Target Shooter

The knockout game isn't fighting, it's punks ambushing a soft target.

In sanctioned matches of any discipline there have always been competitors with a reputation for being dirty fighters.

In survival fighting or street fighting, winning by any means necessary is as old as physical conflict. It might have fallen out of vogue for a bit around the turn of the 20th Century. Organized sports had become popular and I suspect notions of fair play had begun creeping into personal combat. As near as I can tell, that silly notion was quashed in the early 20th Century by W.E. Fairbairn.

And I believe Fairbairn used the term "gutter fighting." Either that, or advocates of Fairbairn's fighting philosophy and techniques have taken up that term to describe his ideas.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:47 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
I don't fight, I walk away. If they lay a hand on me, I intend to kill. I'm too damn old to fight anymore...

If anyone attempted to do the knockout game on me and failed, they wouldn't ever do it to anyone else.
"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client is 53-years-old. He's had back surgery and injured both rotators. Look at this MRI. It shows my client has hardly any disc left at L4/L5. He can't reasonably be expected to roll on the pavement in an attempt to defend himself. His knife was the only reasonable means of self defense he had against these teenage thugs........"
Old 08-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post

Is there such a thing as dirty fighting?

Or in 2019 does anything go?

Someone mentioned they added a new twist to the knockout game. After the random knockout on a stranger they pee on the unconscious person.

Quote:
I had to look it up, never heard of the knockout game.

"Knockout game" is one of the names given in the United States by news media and others to assaults in which one person (with others acting as accomplices or lookouts attempt to "knock out", with a single sucker punch, an unsuspecting victim".............. Also called: "point 'em out, knock 'em out", and "polar-bearing" or "polar-bear hunting" (allegedly called such when the victim is white and the assailants are not)".
The knockout game isn't a dirty fight at all; it's a cowardly ambush attack on an unsuspecting person; and sounds like if the one throwing the sucker punch fails and gets into trouble, his buddies are there to defend him. All of this says cowards do these assaults.

Criminals neither follow the rules nor the law.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 3,547 Times in 915 Posts

THERE is no such thing as "cheating" in a street fight.

I know...
I have been in many hundreds and hundreds( I could safely say over 1000) as I took people into custody who seemed to have an aversion to be taken.
AND
while as a cop there were certain restrictions I had to deal with(no death blows, no maiming or disfiguring actions) I never let any of them stand in the way of being the winner. Somethings that NOW as a retired cop I wouldn't hesitate in using.

As for the knock out game... SITUATIONAL AWARENESS will prevent a lot of bad things from happening. IT is simply a matter of self discipline, IF/when you find yourself in that kind of environment where it could happen..FIRST, maybe you should not be there. BUT, if you are, don't be daydreaming about what you are going to do when you get to your destination. Be in the total and absolute present both time and location wise.

I always thought it would be interesting to decoy one in and just as he is stepping in for the kill to step back, turn and gut him like a trout as he is wondering WTF went wrong. I have seen several times people trying to hold their intestines in because they ran up against the wrong person and it looked quite painful.