Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 467 08-16-2019 03:54 PM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 31 07-18-2019 03:19 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 02:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 02:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 07:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-02-2009 11:54 PM

Old 07-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,307 Times in 3,229 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone squirrel View Post
I get those feelings in the city more than in the backwoods. Like one night when I was working down near Madison, WI I went out to eat with some co-workers. We parked in a parking ramp and when we were going back to the car I got a very uneasy feeling as we stepped into the ramp entrance. The feeling grew as we walked up the stairs to our level. At our level I couldn't get the keys out fast enough to get the car unlocked and then I couldn't get the car out of there fast enough. I was shaking by the time I pulled out on the street. I don't know what it was, but it did give me the heebies.

As for things in the woods. One night I was camping near where an old river dam had been. I pulled the canoe in late so I just draped the tarp over the canoe and crawled in underneath it and fell asleep. In the middle of the night I woke up to the sound of roaring water. I crawled up out from under the tarp and the sound stopped. I thought I must have been imagining it or it was the wind through the trees or something. I crawled back under the tarp and the sound started again. This time when I crawled out it didn't stop. The sound got louder and louder. I realized that it sounded like water ripping through the woods. Even the dogs had their hair on end. I quick pulled the tarp off the canoe and dragged it up to the top of a ridge and waited to see what was making that noise. Then I heard the voices, men yelling and a dulling thumping noise. I huddled down next to the boat, pulled the dogs close and waited for the sun to come up to find out what was happening. Morning came and there was nothing to see. To this day I don't know what that was but I have my ideas. I will not camp there ever again. I've come up on the spot as the sun was setting and I just hurry by and camp far away. I was told that the land remembers and that's fine, I just don't need to be there when it's remembering.
How can you say you have Ideas about what it was, but you don't don't share your ideas?

Takes the wind out of the sails of that last story if we don't get to here your theories on what it may have been.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalspooker View Post
When I was 18, my great grandmother died. She lived next door on their farm outside of town. Well, her house was larger, so my parents and I moved in there. A couple of years later I was home from college and had a few friends over. One of the ladies left the living room and walked down the hall to use the restroom. When she returned, she looked into the dining room and say, what I believe to be, my Great Grandmother sitting at the table. She came into the living room and asked who the elderly lady was. I asked what she was talking about and she told us what she'd seen. We went in there and....nothing. 20 minutes later, the flue caught fire.

To this day, I think she was trying to tell me about the flue?????????
I grew up on what was my grandfather's farm. We live down the hill from them. My grandfather died way back in the mid 80s. Since my grandmother died...it was the late 90's...nobody has lived in that house. It's still sitting there, just like it was the day she died, furniture and everything is still in it. My dad worked a job that required him to be at work by 5am, so he was driving by my grandparents house 5 days a week at 4am. My dad said that sometimes he would see a light on in the house. He would stop, check the locks, doors and everything would be locked up. He would go in, nobody was there, nothing moved or gone, then he would turn off the lights. Couple of days later, week later, couple of weeks later, lights would be back on, house still locked up.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to phil74501 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultex View Post
Where I grew up as a child, behind our house, was the end of town. It was nothing but open valley floor and sparse patches of forest. I was always a very explorative child, a trait I got from my dad, and constantly found myself spending my summers exploring all the land behind our house had to offer.

3 particular places come to mind when I started reading this thread.

There was an open field about 2 miles from my parents house that had 3 very large Oak Trees that formed a peculiar triangle. I had been there many times before, and with each visit there was this odd odor that hung in the air. I would only notice inside the large triangle of the trees(I later in life learned that the smell was of death). One of the last times I ever made my way to those trees was when I stumbled upon a pile of dead ducks. It must have been at least 50 or 60 dead ducks in the middle of the three trees. I didn't know where they came from or who put them there. There weren't any lakes close by and no roads led to the site. It wasn't until my late teens that I saw a similar pile of dead ducks out in the canals that border my home town. I came to find out from a friend that it was some sort of local cult that performed the killings and pilings of the ducks.

My second experience took place a mile or so away from the Oak Trees. It was an abandoned farm that I only visited one time. On the property was a white 2 bedroom farmhouse, wrap around porch, dinner bell, red trim and lots of windows. Adjacent to the house was a very dilapidated barn. As I entered the house, what appeared to be a "hunter" came walking around the corner from the kitchen, rifle in hand. He was just over 6' tall, short brown hair, mustache and beard, dressed in a plaid long sleeve, jeans and boots.

He was very nice and introduced himself as Jim, and said that he was hunting rabbits in the area. He began to tell me about the house, the barn and the family that lived there. He said the family just up and abandoned their farm one day and were never seen again. They left all their belongings and took nothing with them. This was clearly evident in the house. We walked out to the barn where he showed me old black and white photos of the farm and the family. I couldn't believe everything was just left behind! Well we said our farewells and he invited me and my parents to join him and his wife for dinner sometime. He said you could see his house from behind the barn and that it was just a couple miles away.

As I was walking away from the barn, I got this terrible nagging feeling. Something in my head was telling me to go back to that house and look around some more. I went back, snooped around a bit. I realized Jim was gone. I looked all over the place, outside and in the barn. I walked behind the barn to see if I could see Jim walking back home, and there was nothing. Nobody was around. I looked in the direction that Jim told me he lived, and there was nothing. A couple days later I braved up enough to look for Jim's house. I found it alright. Or at least where a house once stood. All that was left was a burnt out foundation. There was nothing else around the area, just plane fields and low grass.

Lastly, because I was just a kid and had to share these stories and places with my dad, we went out one weekend so I could show him what I saw. I took him to the three Oak Trees and confirmed to him the smell of death in the area, and we went to the abandoned farm followed by a short walk to the burnt out foundation. My dad was very intrigued by all this because he had similar, albeit much more frightening experiences, when he was my age at that time.

We ran into some Union Pacific railroad tracks and decided to take them in a roundabout way back home. On our way we found another abandoned(or so we though) shanty. We started walking towards it, when about 50 yards from the front door, every fiber of my being was screaming at me to stop. My dad got a little stiff legged and before I said anything, told me we should just leave this one alone. I never could make myself go anywhere near that shanty run down place. I've been out there a couple times since, and it's still standing, and to this day, I can't get close to it. The feelings get so overwhelming sometimes that I can't even stand to look at the structure.

So those are some of my scary tales of the outdoors. I have a couple more, even a legacy creature that involved my dad when he was younger, and me, many years later, many many miles away from what happened to him. But I've written plenty for now. Hope you all enjoy!
Did you ever find out who Jim was?

Old 07-21-2019, 10:36 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman View Post
my family has a farm near the missouri/iowa border, and ive had a few experiences where i felt like something was following me and the flight instinct of "fight or flight" has set in. weve found some freshly killed deer, and they recently shot a young cougar on a farm a few miles away so we know theres a fully grown one around. i had one experience where i was scared to the point i wont go there again. behind fort leavenworth is the missouri river and miles and miles of swamp and forest that people arent allowed into. one night we were camping a few miles downstream from the fort. we had one of the high powered whatever million candle power spotlights, and we were shining it towards some points that jutted out into the river. on one of the points something reflected back, like 2 yellow eyes. as soon as the spotlight hit the reflections they moved back into the forest. about an hour later we were sitting by our fire fishing when a rock sailed over our heads and into the water in front of us. we got outta there and went into the city park where all the rest of the campers were. the next morning we came back and found the rock that almost hit us. it prolly weighed 25-30 pounds. and the place we were sitting was up-hill from where it had to have been thrown.
How could you possibly find and know with certainty the rock you say was thrown over your head the night before, if you said it landed in the water?

The Following User Says Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 12:57 AM
Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDarkThirty View Post

Square Peg, as a fellow Oregonian, what part of the state you live in? I have enjoyed many of your stories, being so close to home. I was born and raised here in “The People's Democratic Republic of Oregon.” Other than my years in the military, I’ve lived here all my life.
I hope this thread stays open for many more years to come!
Another Oregunian here, located in the Nehalem Valley. We have bears, cougars, crazed meth cooks and the occasional wolf, but none are as scary as the idiots in Salem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NWWoodsman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 11:16 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,766 Times in 821 Posts

Want a Creepy story from the Outdoors? I once seen what appeared to be Jason at camp crystal lake in Florida. .

And here is a Bonus, scary in Florida back woods, once out in the Boonys i stumbled upon a torn Sleeping bag, out in the middle of nowhere, with few other things including a Broken Flashlight, spent shell casings, a Torn up boot, a Stained sock, piece of torn cloth from a Possible shirt, a broken radio.. i yelled hello looked quickly around and left a Note and got the **** out of dodge!

Last edited by D2; 07-31-2019 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to D2 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 03:51 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWWoodsman View Post
Another Oregunian here, located in the Nehalem Valley. We have bears, cougars, crazed meth cooks and the occasional wolf, but none are as scary as the idiots in Salem.
Haha! I would have to agree with that statement. A friend of mine was a Salem police officer for a while, and he told me to never work there. That place is a bona-fide “****hole!” He worked for Salem PD for less than 2years before moving on. I hate that town—even having to drive through it!
Isn’t Kate Brown a wonderful governor? Hahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroDarkThirty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 08:16 PM

A group of friends straight out of downtown Paris went to Mont Tremblant park in Quebec for their 1st time in the woods, to BBQ with their kids and parents. As the sun goes down, they hear wolves in the distance but dismissed the sounds as being only their imagination. Later on, they hear them again, but it's pitch black now, and the sounds are MUCH closer. They start packing, the little kids are crying "we don't want the wolf...", so they keep knives in hand and light their way back to the cars using their smartphones. When in the cars, one of them says : while we were walking back on the trail, I saw a pair of red eyes in the bush with the phone's flashlight, right away I shone the light in the same direction again, the pair of red eyes had vanished...
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sorel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 05:56 PM

Bump to the top! Love this thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MOCON4TN For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,755 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCON4TN View Post
Bump to the top! Love this thread.
Yes, as far as I'm concerned as soon as it's close to fall, like now, it's Halloween season. Not that you need these stories for Halloween, but its fitting and I like the stories this time of year. So yeah, let's get em rolling!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Full Moon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 12:46 AM

Here is another one. I grew up hearing this story, my mother would tell it from time to time. It happened to her grandmother who raised her.

My great grandmother was born in Guinea around the year 1900. No one knows what year exactly as they weren't good at keeping records in rural Guinea in those times. Heck, they have a hard time keeping records now. Guinea is a small west African majority muslim country. The thing with that region is you have muslim countries which have been civilized for a while, such as Senegal, Mali, most of Guinea, but as you head east along the coast, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast all the way to central Africa, you enter a zone where you had Islamic, Christian, or even Jewish civilizations mixed with patches of uncivilized pagan peoples who lived more inland.

You might have heard about the myths of forest dwelling cannibals told to 19th century Europeans by the coast dwellers ? It's not all a myth. In some areas once in a while they used to eat human beings some generations back, the other African peoples used to warn their kids. Stories that were sort of the African equivalent of Deliverance, if you ventured too far out in the boonies no one knew what could happen to you.

So great-grandma lived close to the Sierra Leone border. Around the year 1910, with her male cousin they are riding their bikes in a remote area. Just a couple teenagers having fun, Guinea's scenery has been called the most beautiful on earth. They rode so deep in that remote area, they found themselves in a strange land. Suddenly, they saw a group of men in the distance. At first, they were unsure of their intentions. Then the men came in their direction. Closer. Closer. And closer. Now they're close enough for great-grandma and her cousin to recognize them : they're members of a cannibal tribe. And they are on a hunt.

They attempted to pedal out of there as fast as they could, but it was too late, their 19th century bikes couldn't reach a good speed on that rough terrain, and they couldn't outrun the men because well, they were kids. Out of desperation, they ditched the bikes and ran to the bushes. The men lost sight of them. Cautiously, they attempted to create distance between them and the cannibals, but they realized they wouldn't be able to escape the danger zone unnoticed. That's when they saw a tall tree which they should be able to climb. They did so, still being cautious, and terrified, and climbed as high as they could.

From the top of the tree, they could hear the men calling them non-stop in the distance. They were trying to trick these kids into giving away their location : "Who are you ?" "Where are you from ?"

I don't know how long they were treed, but they both escaped unharmed, scared and with a memorable story to tell. 20 years later my grandmother was born in the same region and great grandma passed away in 1973. She was a fervent believer who prayed constantly every day and my mother swears that during the rainy season if she needed to dry her laundry she would pray for the rain to stop and it would stop. The intense heat would dry everything in minutes, she would get the laundry back inside the house and the rain would resume.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sorel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 05:26 PM

One of the Rockefeller kids was rumored to have been eaten by cannibals in the South Pacific after his boat was swamped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 09:10 PM

I had written "ditched the guns" when I meant "ditched the bikes" I guess that's one telling freudian slip lol...I corrected it.

Ed, I sent an answer to your message but it's not showing in my outbox so I will type my answer here :

Quote:
My Guinean family is considered upper class there and my grandmother was the last one who wasn't born in a city, though she was raised in one. They had a standard of living more comparable to the American middle class with access to services and amenities. Even the people in very rural areas are connected to some kind of grid and have well established sources of food (through farming/ranching/large scale fishing) and rely on existing trade routes for access to other things they need such as medication, fine clothing, tools...There are few bushmen in the true sense anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sorel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
I had written "ditched the guns" when I meant "ditched the bikes" I guess that's one telling freudian slip lol...I corrected it.

Ed, I sent an answer to your message but it's not showing in my outbox so I will type my answer here :
I got your PM. Thanks for replying.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:37 AM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 9,242 Times in 3,610 Posts

saw this on facebook

""A few nights ago my dog wakes up from a dead sleep and starts going crazy. She's an older dog who never really causes any issues. Well behaved. Quite. She just turned 13 years old and hardly ever gets physical these days, but whatever woke her made her lose it completely. She gets up out of nowhere in the middle of the night and starts barking like mad and howling at the door. I see no headlights outside so I think she's just having a spell or something. I'm trying to calm her down but then she starts whimpering and crying and backing away from my front door in fear. Obviously I'm pretty freaked out by this so I take a look outside to see what it was that's upset her and just a few yards from my front door is the largest wolf I've ever seen in my entire life. It was unbelievable. The wolf was trotting away from my house straight into the woods so I only got a good look at it from the side and back. It was built like a truck and very muscular and broad, easily 3-4 feet wide and about 7-8 feet long. The hind legs were incredibly thin and the chest and shoulders were huge and bulky. It was so top heavy it almost looked like it was about to fall over.The fur was very curly, dark grey, and it had a mane on it like a lion.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of wolf I might have seen that would be native to Eastern, KY?""

source:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2257...02076/?fref=nf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailorsam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 12:10 PM
rrrrribbitt

Dog man.

Ten characters

Last edited by Mazarine33; 08-28-2019 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: tipe-o
Old 08-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Fix Bayonets!

It would be nice if we got back to the spirit of this thread.

Several of the last few posts are one liners or sharing something found on Facebook or some other medium. Read the first 5-10 pages of this thread. If you don't have an actual personal story of the same vein, that's fine - but don't just post crap just to post crap.

Sincerely, a reader and subscriber of this thread that wants the content to be consistent with the majority of this thread and the OP, when I get notifications of new activity.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,755 Times in 533 Posts

I just hope the stories pick up now as we're in Halloween season in a couple days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full Moon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 11:53 PM
Hunter/Survivor

Truth is the more time an individual spends in the Boonies, the higher the likelihood that he/she will see or experience something unusual that can't really be explained. Can be in a eastern or forrest or in a western desert....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluesman60 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 AM
The river flows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman60 View Post
Truth is the more time an individual spends in the Boonies, the higher the likelihood that he/she will see or experience something unusual that can't really be explained. Can be in a eastern or forrest or in a western desert....
Or out at sea...

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blackriver For This Useful Post: