" Help FEMA catch lawbreakers burying survival items". - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DHS/FEMA Document released on "Space Weather" response plan techpreps Manmade and Natural Disasters 2 12-13-2014 01:30 AM
Immigration influx and "FEMA camps"? jfirebalrog General Discussion 13 06-11-2014 06:56 PM
anyone catch "It's Always Sunny in Philly"? POPPALUV General Discussion 2 09-12-2013 03:36 PM
"The Awareness" Confirms FEMA Preps/ East Coast Disaster ACME_MAN Controversial News and Alternative Politics 27 08-27-2013 04:22 PM
Official government website talks about November 9th "FEMA communications shutdown"! Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 4 11-03-2011 10:31 PM
"Police State" episode of hit Ventura show covering FEMA camps pulled from air jimmykeller Controversial News and Alternative Politics 4 11-03-2011 09:08 PM
Shady "Fema" building thread - My story tankman1989 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 39 08-02-2010 11:31 AM
Police catch "Barefoot Bandit" HotPrepper General Discussion 24 07-14-2010 03:35 PM
Deadliest Catch "Phil Harris" dead at 53 The Dark One General Discussion 3 02-15-2010 10:13 PM
Did anyone catch the survival theme on "Meduim" the other night? MIL-DOT Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 08-07-2009 07:18 PM

Old 09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Crazy old man

Cool

Advertise Here

Now is the time to be very careful on what you read on the Internet. Like the piece posted it's a hype piece. The other day a buddy of mine forwarded an e-mail to me in a panic about a new law that requires us to register our guns on your next 1040 at tax time, was supposed to been verified through Snopes. After going to government tracks, Senate tracks and found both articles to be false. After seeing the lag time for FEMA after Katrina, we have a nationwide problem and some of you may never see. But I did enjoy reading the piece, because it gave useful information.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 152,741 Times in 44,507 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zula View Post
Now is the time to be very careful on what you read on the Internet. Like the piece posted it's a hype piece. The other day a buddy of mine forwarded an e-mail to me in a panic about a new law that requires us to register our guns on your next 1040 at tax time, was supposed to been verified through Snopes. After going to government tracks, Senate tracks and found both articles to be false. After seeing the lag time for FEMA after Katrina, we have a nationwide problem and some of you may never see. But I did enjoy reading the piece, because it gave useful information.
Did you actually read the original post? It was a spoof.

But I agree, there is a lot of hype out there. Like you mentioned about the IRS and guns. That'll never fly without creating huge outcry from the very segment of society that they don't want to rile. It would be too much like making is declare our furniture, or any other private items we purchased with money we have already paid tax on.

You'd be surprised how many people actually fall for that hype though. I'm a gun show dealer, and one of the biggest sources of misinformation in the gun industry is gun show dealers. I never cease to be amazed at the stuff my dealer friends fall for. It's a lot like our conspiracy theorists. They WANT to believe stuff like that, so it's a lot easier for them to believe it than question it and look for the truth.
Quick reply to this message