Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-14-2020, 12:00 AM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Good grief!

I have 3 brothers. All of them keep marrying the same idiot over and over again... I keep telling them to just bite the bullet and learn to take care of yourself or get a damn housekeeper.

They kept marrying pretty princess’s and couldn’t figure out they don’t translate in the country... city mouse is a city mouse.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,027 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
It seems quite often people pick the wrong type and then do it again. No judgement, just an observation. It would be the main reason I would not want to remarry if anything happens and I am in the situation to do so. One, many decades is enough.
Or....they are the wrong type and not being honest with themselves. That happens too. I know people who have made a habit out of getting married and then divorced. They do the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Tragic and avoidable if they'd just been honest with themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2020, 09:26 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,965 Times in 810 Posts

It is a blessing to live with a 'difficult ' person. It is a spiritual discipline.
Teaches you patience and relational skills.
Teaches you humility -remember, we are not always right.
The Following User Says Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2020, 09:53 AM
BASS

Thanked 3,410 Times in 1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio nueces View Post
It is a blessing to live with a 'difficult ' person. It is a spiritual discipline.

I call my wife, "Miss I Am Never Wrong", to her face.
That is the way she acts. A very difficult women to live and work with her. Ask the women she worked with.

Am I wrong at times? Yes, no one is always right. Except my wife.
Her grandfather said, "I maybe wrong but I am head of the house so I am right". That was her mother and now my wife.

She killed love a long time ago. It is a shame..... . When she talks about her going into a home I don't disagree. Would it turn the family upside down? Yes but it would be her decision not mine.

She is very forgetful and has fallen while walking around the neighborhood. Luckily in the road right by the house. I lent her my hiking staff with a rope wrapping on the upper end. It helps her walk upright. She had been walking bent over and that is just one reason she fell down.

It is complicated and hurtful....

Old 05-17-2020, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,552 Posts

If your wife can read, you're a brave, brave man. Possibly not the sharpest pencil in the box, but surely brave!

Ya'll shoot straight and stay safe out there.

WW

WE ALL WANT TO BE FREE, BUT VERY FEW OF US WANT TO BE BRAVE. FOR ALL OF US TO BE FREE, A FEW MORE OF US, ESPECIALLY NOW, MUST BE BRAVE, AND THAT'S THE HISTORY OF AMERICA

K. R. Carleson - Navigator B-24J
Old 05-17-2020, 02:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 33,947 Times in 8,237 Posts

My wife does things sometimes that I know will fail. I used to point those out to her but she dismissed my comments every time so I just shut up and let her do as she wishes ... unless it'll be be a very expensive mistake.

But just the other day, she said, "You are an idiot". I just looked at her and said, "Yeah but I'm your idiot. So I'm a special idiot 'cause I'm yours."
The Following User Says Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 07:00 PM
BASS

She doesn't even know about this site and she doesn't go "online" except to play games on her Ipad or now paint by numbers.

She can read this if she wants but I don't print anything here I wouldn't say or haven't said to her face....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldwsel View Post
If your wife can read, you're a brave, brave man. Possibly not the sharpest pencil in the box, but surely brave!

Ya'll shoot straight and stay safe out there.

WW

WE ALL WANT TO BE FREE, BUT VERY FEW OF US WANT TO BE BRAVE. FOR ALL OF US TO BE FREE, A FEW MORE OF US, ESPECIALLY NOW, MUST BE BRAVE, AND THAT'S THE HISTORY OF AMERICA

K. R. Carleson - Navigator B-24J
Old 05-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,027 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
LOL...on what planet?
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 02:50 PM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 202,755 Times in 40,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
My Wife Is An Idiot: She has been watching ABC every day. We know they are Anti-Trump.

She had been saying the news things she heard on that channel. "Trump knew and didn't do blah blah blah.........

I mentioned the White House Briefings and she immediately actually shouted: "I don't want to hear anything about Trump......".

She is a certifiable official idiot. We will be married to her 56 years this month.

How many people think the same way as she does? Can we get divorced for this? Several people, separately, in the family have said, "I can't believe you didn't divorced her years ago". Too late now...
Time to trade her in on a newer, sluttier model.
Yer never too old for that. It's what I did and I'm much happier now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 11:50 AM
BASS

Oh, There are women who would love me to be with them... But I won't.

Today is our 52nd Anniversary. There are glimmers of love showing through from her. Depends on the minute.

She admitted this today not more than an hour ago, "Don't ask me to read the Take Out Menu because I won't remember when it is time to order later. I am forgetting things".

I already knew that. Her mother had dementia but my wife has started much sooner at 73 years old.

I am staying on course.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:51 AM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,510 Times in 44,898 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
On the other end of the spectrum, the world is full of billions of people. We can afford to be exceedlingly picky about whom we associate with.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
We will be married to her 56 years this month.
Maybe the other person who's married to her can give you a break.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emmajones For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2020, 08:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,739 Times in 5,657 Posts

My late wife was a liberal democrat and so was most of her family, which had a bunch of teachers in it. She voted for Obunghole twice. But politics was something I only followed on the surface by then.

But we had a lot of other differences, mainly with the kids, who were okay but she never learned how to talk with them without it becoming a major blowout. I saw by 2011 that she was showing signs of dementia, her older brother was maybe 5 years ahead of her so I knew what was coming.

Her father was doing poorly in Florida and she wanted to move him up here into our house, which is not a big house and too close quartered to share it with that ass clown. The deal was that I would be taking his place in Florida and she could keep the house (with a BIG mortgage...).

Only 2 months later she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I stayed around, her father wound up in assisted living up here, we were supposed to kick in for that, but I never laid out dime one towards it. She lost her battle with cancer after 8 months.

Living single has been pretty good for me, I have never felt truly alone and I enjoy the solitude and quiet. I have been dating the same lady for almost 3 years and we get along fine. Right away I had to make sure our politics were in line. She's definitely good to me. I'm not sure if I can ever live with someone all the time right now. That will probably change as I get older, I just turned 65 and retired last month.

The way I see it is, that I have self-respect and I put up with a lot during almost 31 years married to the same person. It definitely changes when one party becomes ill, physically or mentally. By then it is difficult to jump ship and move on.