Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-21-2020, 01:37 PM

Advertise Here

I did the same thing. That's proof the gods love atheists as much as believers.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Explosive For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 03:50 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 93,326 Times in 24,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-Grid View Post
You really do have a great memory brother! The funniest part was people saying it can't be done After all these years, not one problem.
Yes, I recall the debate over that. You were right
The Following User Says Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 03:54 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosive View Post
I did the same thing. That's proof the gods love atheists as much as believers.
So glad you prepared. I am not saying this is "The One" but it's a good feeling

God loves us both and hasn't given up on us. We are assured of this love by the very next breath we take. So sorry we might not agree on everything but I'm so glad you posted any way. That says much
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 AM
High Concept

Thanked 7,431 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
If you are a sinner man or woman, none of the above applies to you
Yes I have a lot of stuff
I am considering discouraging most/all of it
If I lay it at the Feet of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
Then it will be done

But never, ever, rationalize hoarding/survivalism of anything based on the Bible
I repudiate that based on the clear Bible direction
No one can judge you
But
Have a Care in how you proceed
Does God love you more than your Brother and Sisters in Christ ?????
You know the answer
Hoarding is the opposite of Faith. By sending people away empty handed, we are denying God’s power to provide for us in turn.

I have seen totally impossible Providence in human terms many times.

We don’t truly believe at all if we hoard and do not give to all who ask. This is what separates those who live by the Spirit and those of the faithless world.

What you own does not make you secure. Sacrificing others needs to the idol of your preps demonstrates who you truly serve.

In these times of trial we will find out who is Christian or unregenerated pretender.

He who saves his life will lose it, he who loses his life for my sake will save it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 06:18 AM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,898 Times in 722 Posts

I have shared this before, but I felt led to prep as early as the 90's. Not as serious as now, but I have always had the mindset that an item could be reused or repurposed if necessary. This has been my mindset for years, and up until 10 or so years ago, I felt like I was maybe nuts. But then I started seeing shows like Preppers on NAT GEO as well as this forum and other sources and I immediately felt like I was not the only one hearing God. My wife has always been in on it to a degree, but I know untold folks that have said "We will just go to your house". Well, thankfully, I have been blessed with the ability to provide some things, like a 5 acre pond full of fish, seeds to plant crops, but I cant supply the whole area. But, I know a person cant out give God, and if He chooses, He can multiply what I have. He can make water come from rocks, manna fall from heaven, and flour barrels that never empty. So I am ready for whatever lays ahead, and will give ALL the credit to Him who actually owns it anyway.
I dont believe this is the end yet, just a trial run. I expect things to get much worse in this country, and will continue to do what I can to prepare, until I leave this earth or Jesus comes back, which I am ready for either!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 06:21 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,111 Times in 3,018 Posts

This place I have is a miracle. I have always been a prepper, but I realized that I needed a place that didn't depend on things like electricity to be sustainable so I was looking. That was about 10 years ago too. So I saw a forclosure notice for a place that was near a route that I frequently traveled so I stopped for a look. It was all I needed, but it was larger than i thought I could afford.

But, while I was there a guy came walking up the canal and stopped to talk. I told him what I was doing and he said his brother was going to bid on the property too but he didn't want all of it. THE BROTHER DIDN'T WANT THE PART I WANTED, I DIDN'T WANT THE PART HE WANTED. So we got together and I got my place for a very modest price.

So I started work on the place and TIME AFTER TIME THINGS I NEEDED JUST APPEARED.
I needed to camp here so I could work a week at a time, and I was able to buy a nice camper for a very nice price. I needed a refrigerator but I didn't have electricity, and I found an old PROPANE REFRIGERATOR IN AN OLD SHED ON THE PLACE. I NEEDED A SPECIAL DOOR THAT I COULD CUT DOWN A BIT AND I FOUND ONE THAT HAD NEVER BEEN INSTALLED SITTING ON THE PLACE. This happened time after time, I found what I needed no matter how improbable the chances right on this place.

So here I am today. We have moved here and when the C virus scares the world we are sitting pretty. But I don't know WHY GOD PUT US HERE FOR SURE. I know that his hand was definitely in it, but I don't know why. My idea always has been that it was to provide a refuge for our kids and grandkids. But in 10 years grandkids have grown and made lives of their own. All of our family is pretty far away, will anyone be able to travel far in TEOTWAWKI???

SO NOW MY PRAYER IS THAT I WILL KNOW WHY GOD DID THIS WHEN THE TIME COMES AND I WILL DO HIS WILL.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rett View Post
Hoarding is the opposite of Faith. By sending people away empty handed, we are denying Godís power to provide for us in turn.

We donít truly believe at all if we hoard and do not give to all who ask. This is what separates those who live by the Spirit and those of the faithless world.

What you own does not make you secure. Sacrificing others needs to the idol of your preps demonstrates who you truly serve.

In these times of trial we will find out who is Christian or unregenerated pretender.
Noah and his family built an ark only for their family and some animals. They did not include any other human.

The five wise virgins did not give or sell any of their oil to the five foolish virgins.

Jeanette Isabelle
Old 03-22-2020, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 10,231 Times in 3,159 Posts

And yet the Apostles are unmoved
The original Church at Jerusalem
Run by Peter
Was 100% communal
All for one and one for all
Jesus was not a prepper
I have stuff, but I do not conflate having stuff with clear Bibical direction

Acts 2:44 et seq

The Fellowship of Believers
…44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they shared with anyone who was in need. 46With one accord they continued to meet daily in the temple courts and to break bread from house to house, sharing their meals with gladness and sincerity of heart,…
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Hoarding is the opposite of Faith. By sending people away empty handed, we are denying God’s power to provide for us in turn.

We don’t truly believe at all if we hoard and do not give to all who ask. This is what separates those who live by the Spirit and those of the faithless world.

He you saves his life will lose it, he who loses his life for my sake will save it.
100% agree
Most excellent post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 12:21 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 34,138 Times in 11,943 Posts

Quote:
But never, ever, rationalize hoarding/survivalism of anything based on the Bible
I repudiate that based on the clear Bible direction
You mean like the stories of Joseph preparing for a 7 year famine, Noah preparing for a 2 year ocean voyage, the Proverbs of the ant and the grasshopper and the wise seeing danger, take shelter while the fool keeps going and suffers?

Perhaps you are repudiating prepping with the clear Bible direction of the parables of the 5 wise Virgin brides - who did NOT give or sell their emergency oil to the foolish Virgin brides? Or perhaps you are repudiating prepping with the clear Bible direction Jesus gave to his disciples after the last Supper in a life and death situation? He did not say to sell your coat in exchange for a sword to give to the ill-prepared but for the benefit of Jesus followers closest to the Lord!

(Hoarding ≠ Prepping. Prepping is stocking up methodically over time. Hoarding is panic buying out of fear.)

Jesus: Itís different now. If you have some savings, take them with you. If you have a pack, fill it and bring it. If you donít have a sword, sell your coat and buy one.
Luke 22:36 (VOICE)
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 01:50 PM
High Concept

Thanked 7,431 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
You mean like the stories of Joseph preparing for a 7 year famine, Noah preparing for a 2 year ocean voyage, the Proverbs of the ant and the grasshopper and the wise seeing danger, take shelter while the fool keeps going and suffers?

Perhaps you are repudiating prepping with the clear Bible direction of the parables of the 5 wise Virgin brides - who did NOT give or sell their emergency oil to the foolish Virgin brides? Or perhaps you are repudiating prepping with the clear Bible direction Jesus gave to his disciples after the last Supper in a life and death situation? He did not say to sell your coat in exchange for a sword to give to the ill-prepared but for the benefit of Jesus followers closest to the Lord!

(Hoarding ≠ Prepping. Prepping is stocking up methodically over time. Hoarding is panic buying out of fear.)

Jesus: Itís different now. If you have some savings, take them with you. If you have a pack, fill it and bring it. If you donít have a sword, sell your coat and buy one.
Prepping is you owning supplies, hoarding is your supplies owning you. People make an idol of their supplies, and they make human sacrifice to preserve it. The cryís of the needy are incense to that idol.

The injunction to Love your neighbour doesnít end in an emergency.

Christianity requires us to love, not survive at all costs.

Christianity is hard. We only save ourselves incidentally by saving others.

People have very little faith or love in their lamps, and that canít be bought in any store.
They will not entertain angels by welcoming the stranger, they will shoot them down in their drive ways.

How quickly the teachings of Christ are forgotten when the winnowing fan of turmoil blows.

ďWhen I was hungry you gave me nothing to eatĒ

When the day came you sent Christ away to starve, because you had no love, and no faith in the Father who gives us our daily bread.

When Christ returns, let him not find the bodies of the needy he sent you scattered outside your door.

He who saves his life will lose it, he who loses his life for my sake will save it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
The injunction to Love your neighbour doesnít end in an emergency.
Love does not mean to put yourself in the poor house or make yourself the needy.

Quote:
Christianity requires us to love, not survive at all costs.
This is not a Christian site that discusses survival. This is a survival site that discusses Christianity.

Friend, your posts indicate you are just like all those jerks who break their arm patting themselves on the back saying, "I'd give it to you if I had it." Do you know what I noticed about all of these jerks? They never have it.

If you want to claim, you already gave it all away, that is fine with me. I too make that claim.

Truth is, it is FAR more difficult - in a survival situation - morally to tell someone you have it but will NOT give it to them - and will fight to the death to keep it. You have turned this thread on its head. This thread is about prepping and hearing from God to act thusly. You are pretending to prep is an act against God.

This makes me wonder what you are even doing on this survival site?

1 Itís time! Go into the ark now ... 7 Noah did everything the Eternal One asked him to do ... 22 Everything and everyone on the dry land in which God had breathed the breath of life died.
Genesis 5: 1, 7, 22
Old 03-22-2020, 02:35 PM

Rett, I created a thread on the Biblical perspective of bartering, and for some odd reason, I haven't heard a peep from you in there.

Why is that? Could it be because you believe we should give handouts to those who do not deserve it? In bartering, people help each other. What you're advocating is give to the takers who would not help in return.

Jeanette Isabelle
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanette Isabelle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette Isabelle View Post
What you're advocating is give to the takers who would not help in return.
Reminds me of the pre-Christian expression from Aesop, "Heaven helps those who help themselves."
Old 03-22-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Jesus: Itís different now. If you have some savings, take them with you. ...
To listen to Rhett explain it, it is impossible to practice Christianity AND have some savings. Makes one wonder what the Lord could possibly have been referring to here - in the moment of truth - in a life and death situation?
Old 03-22-2020, 03:11 PM
VIP Member

No
What he, and I, are saying is that the notion one can say I am a member of the Body of Christ and not provide for other members of the Body of Christ is proof positive that you missed it entirely.
Your idol is your hoard
You quote from the old testement, but ignore what the Apostle Peter established in The Original Church. Those that had provided for those that did not. All were blessed

Joseph had a plan, but his father Jacob did not have a plan. His brothers and kin did not have a plan. In spite of Joseph having a valid reason to hate most of his brothers, he did not. He provided for all greatly when they came to Joseph empty handed. So that is the point. Not bitching about having to consider helping others. Joseph never ever did that.

As for Noah, he did as he was commanded by God
No more, no less
Has zero to do with prepping

There is nothing wrong with prepping but it is not Bibical
God ordered none of us to hoard things
It is not a sin in and of itself
But to revel in selfish greedy behavior and ideology is mistaken

So rather than consider that you could be mistaken, you come off like a greedy self-centered person with zero regard for others

Again, we know for certain what the Apostle Peter established in the Original Church and it is the opposite of what you espouse
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 04:34 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
God ordered none of us to hoard things
It is not a sin in and of itself
But to revel in selfish greedy behavior and ideology is mistaken
I see your point. The way I see prepping in the same reason I have spare tires in our cars. Granted not biblical to be prepared for a blow-out but it appeals to my common sense for me.

I have excellent health insurance and dental coverage, but not because I lack faith in God or that I don't trust God. It just seems reasonable, logical, responsible and biblical of me to take care of myself and family. (1 Timothy 5:8)
(Ephesians 6:4)
(Proverbs 22:6)
(Exodus 20:12)
The Following User Says Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 05:20 PM

Default Friends, Countrymen Lend Me Your Ears

Quote:
No
What he, and I, are saying is that the notion one can say I am a member of the Body of Christ and not provide for other members of the Body of Christ is proof positive that you missed it entirely.
Your idol is your hoard
You quote from the old testement, but ignore what the Apostle Peter established in The Original Church.
The words of Jesus are not from the old testament. Feel free to re-read the parables of the 10 Virgin Bridemaids and Jesus commandment to prepare for life and death situations by having a sword - and a savings.

The notion that others who claim to be members of the Body of Christ as a rationalization for why I ought to sacrifice myself to them is unfounded. You are confusing love with sacrifice, neighbors with friends, AS IF the only way I can show love is to sacrifice my life for them. I'll decide how I show love for my neighbor - and it won't be sacrificing my life or putting my life or my family's life in danger. OTOH, I'll die for my friends.

And as always, if you want to say I'm not a Christian, I'm OK with that.

There is no greater love than to lay down oneís life for oneís friends.
John 15:13
Old 03-22-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
You must have missed this post.

Quote:

Old 03-22-2020, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
I see your point. The way I see prepping in the same reason I have spare tires in our cars. Granted not biblical to be prepared for a blow-out but it appeals to my common sense for me.

I have excellent health insurance and dental coverage, but not because I lack faith in God or that I don't trust God. It just seems reasonable, logical, responsible and biblical of me to take care of myself and family. (1 Timothy 5:8)
(Ephesians 6:4)
(Proverbs 22:6)
(Exodus 20:12)
None of what I said was directed at you
You never posted anything like this
You all good
I do not believe I have ever disagreed with your posts
But this.....

"My wife and I got into an argument yesterday over her wanting to give some of my preps away.

She thought it was the Christian thing to do. I told her I did not prep so that I could give it away in an emergency. She said they'll pay you for it. I replied that I am not in the market to sell my emergency stash in an emergency; that it's not about the money, the supply is not available."

This speaks for itself. What a big ****
God put me in charge of no one
So it is just my opinion
I am certain that we are commanded to provide for others, emergency or not
The notion that you sit on your pile with zero regard for others is diabolical
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post: