TRex & a practice stick - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Blade Reviews, Articles and Videos Knives, swords and spears - anything sharp.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glue stick (hot glue gun, glue stick) grant9908 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 33 01-21-2014 08:25 PM
.308 Short Range Practice Ammo 1000 Rds - $185, Magtech 250 Rounds .40S&W - $87.99 apps47inc For Sale 0 05-06-2013 05:54 PM
Should I practice alot, or practice a little for Rifle Qual? Jono1 Rifle Forum 9 03-01-2013 01:17 PM
Bamboo Walking Stick & then some... SirThrivalist Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 10 10-25-2012 03:41 AM
Practice, Practical Practice/Compitition shooting jmac00 Firearms General Discussion 19 03-22-2011 05:08 PM
Best Source & Best Practice Threads maine-marine Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 02-10-2011 08:32 AM
Car Camping: vacation & SHTF practice Dagny Ladies Section 15 01-10-2011 10:00 AM

Old 02-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,848 Times in 2,000 Posts
Default TRex & a practice stick

Advertise Here

Since the Dr.told me not to chop for 6 months(Yeah Right) I decided to practice some notches.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 01:38 AM
Survivor

Since noone has replied, first off, "im turning into a Bushcraft hippie, i kniw i don't look like one. But, i realized i had to " think" to much on some notches. Especially the common ones used on my "trigger"traps. Like tying different knots, it's something you need to know, & stay practiced up. So thats some stiff i'm going to be going over, while my leg hills. The first things, in the woods, are the most important
The Following User Says Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2016, 02:02 AM
Survivor

Must say, when i got my Pmoore TRex, over 6 years ago, i was really getting into triggers, traps, & building strong locking shelter.(and y'all all thought i was just killing serpents.. I had never owned a Recurve nor Spear Point...nor a knife this sharp, this great edge retention, and this Tough. It melted to my hand. We were one!
I found the belly and recurve have an abilty for Serious draw knife ablilty, with the ability to Scoop wood out like a Spoon scalpel. It went 4 deer, with just washing the blade. I want my knives to not only being Functional Hard Use Tools/Weapons, but it doesn't matter if its a $10000 custom or $30 SMKW, the only way for the knife to work, is you being able to work it...which comes from Steady use, just watching a show getting use to handle & balance, then cutting, slicing/ chopping and learning the sweet spots so you can find them quick on different grind knives. Oh yeah, the small square to tound, with the strip of bark slid through it, is one of the advanteses of a Spear point, you'd never know, if you haven't tried it. And i believe larger knives can do so much in the bush. I make myself do things so many times, with a tool most would never use, to prove "My Skills" always learning and working on our strengths & weaknesses. O have just gotten were i will kerp a Leatherman with my GZilla and a SAK with a Buck General, SOG Tigershark... Anyway, just some "Carney Thoughts"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post: