Advertise Here

Old 05-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Crap Creek Survivor

Thanked 6,326 Times in 1,448 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
If history repeats .... we should know in 10-14 days

We may notice the largest number of Covid cases in a month or longer, especially considering this:

Incubation: 2 - 14 days average, some as long as 4 weeks.
Symptoms (if not asymptomatic): about 1 - 2 weeks
Critical illness (is it still at about 20% of infected, these days?): can go as long as 4 weeks before death.

Tweeting my published articles & news of upcoming books about self-reliance, survival gardening, primitive living, disaster preps & making hard times (almost) painless: https://twitter.com/GrizzlyeteAdams
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2020, 09:23 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,316 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Or maybe, unlike some, she doesn't give a **** about her ratings or reelection, just the people she was sworn to protect.
Oh yeah I assume you know her personally. Yeah Jojo you just keep dreaming that an elected Democrat just wants to help the people she was sworn to protect.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:40 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,407 Times in 565 Posts

You know... if the people REALLY wanted change, they would effect change at the point of a pitchfork. Drive the offenders out of office and elect new ones.

But... people really only want to give lip service to "rights" and being against "oppression". They talk, but nobody does. Until they actually decide to risk it all and rise up and march on a city hall or state capitol then the PTB will just keep on pushing as far and as hard as they can for more power.
The Following User Says Thank You to no guns here For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2020, 11:57 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 45,633 Times in 13,953 Posts

5-15
Oklahoma Nail Salon Worker Contracted The Coronavirus Shortly After The Business Reopened
Quote:
The Nailspot opened its doors for the first time in weeks on May 5. Just over a week later, the beauty parlor in northeast Oklahoma is closing them again after an employee was infected with the coronavirus.
https://www.businessinsider.com/okla...opening-2020-5

5-15
Another Bartlesville Salon Reports COVID-19 Case
Quote:
The Avenue Salon in Bartlesville reported on Facebook that one of their three working cosmetologists has tested positive for COVID-19.
http://www.bartlesvilleradio.com/pag...-covid-19-case
Old 05-16-2020, 08:56 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,003 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
5-15
Oklahoma Nail Salon Worker Contracted The Coronavirus Shortly After The Business Reopened

https://www.businessinsider.com/okla...opening-2020-5

5-15
Another Bartlesville Salon Reports COVID-19 Case

http://www.bartlesvilleradio.com/pag...-covid-19-case
I would bet both infected people knew they were infected when they came back to work, and this country canít stay shut down long enough to fix that kind of stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to retrieverman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 10:03 AM
Hunter

Nope... "I feel bad... I think I have a fever... Hmm... coughing all the time... Guess I'll go to work anyway! It's probably nothing."
Old 05-18-2020, 10:12 AM
Hunter

I see that there has been a little uptick in Stephens county where I live. Another TWO cases reported. But since this started, that makes 24 cases, 21 recovered and 1 dead.

No wonder people are ignoring this overall here. Nothing to get their attention. Really nobody is SICK overall and one guy died like two months ago. Nothing out of the ordinary statistically.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:42 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by no guns here View Post
I see that there has been a little uptick in Stephens county where I live. Another TWO cases reported. But since this started, that makes 24 cases, 21 recovered and 1 dead.

No wonder people are ignoring this overall here. Nothing to get their attention. Really nobody is SICK overall and one guy died like two months ago. Nothing out of the ordinary statistically.
I came across a story in our local paper that said something about a concerted effort between the CDC/state health dept/and some counties, to increase the testing in those counties that, until recently, had reported little to no cases. That testing was leading to a spike in cases in those counties and in the state as a whole.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:49 PM
Free of the Wilderness

Thanked 11,826 Times in 2,436 Posts

I needed a prescription renewed but my doctor's office made me schedule a "video appointment" before the doctor would approve it. That took place earlier today.

The med I needed renewed is nothing, it's just the generic prescription version of Prilosec. But whatever... During the appointment, he spent much of the time talking about the various testing they can do to see if you have or have had the virus. I began to suspect that was the real purpose of the appointment, trying to talk me into coming in for that.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:57 PM
Free of the Wilderness

Thanked 11,826 Times in 2,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
Oh yeah I assume you know her personally. Yeah Jojo you just keep dreaming that an elected Democrat just wants to help the people she was sworn to protect.
The Mayor has been uncharacteristically quiet for the past several days. Getting rebuked by a judge, the State Attorney General, and the US Attorney for our district, all in the same week, may have had something to do with it. I don't know.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:40 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettTheOkie View Post
I needed a prescription renewed but my doctor's office made me schedule a "video appointment" before the doctor would approve it. That took place earlier today.

The med I needed renewed is nothing, it's just the generic prescription version of Prilosec. But whatever... During the appointment, he spent much of the time talking about the various testing they can do to see if you have or have had the virus. I began to suspect that was the real purpose of the appointment, trying to talk me into coming in for that.
Probably so they could charge you for an office visit...without having to actually have you visit. I've heard other doctors doing the same thing. There's a "mens clinic" that advertises on a sports station I listen to. They're doing video appointments as well. Might be the wave of the future.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:37 PM

Whats up with the Guymon numbers? 656 positive cases, in a population of 11,278??
Old 05-21-2020, 10:02 AM
Hunter

Isn't there a big meat packing or food processing plant up there? I think it was reported a few weeks back that 'rona was making the rounds up there in that plant. Turns out the plant is predominantly Hispanic, of course they tend to be in tight-knit communities and larger family units in a single house. So, it probably came in on a trucker to the plant and then just spread like wildfire in the community and homes. Just my thoughts...