What was your "Prep" for today? - Page 1987 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Geographic has "I Escaped A Cult" in between "Doomsday Preppers" today. Libertarianism 4 All General Discussion 18 04-04-2020 03:47 AM
Link to the "Surviving Disaster" Series - Great to watch for emergency prep. ideas! survive Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 08-26-2019 03:51 AM
Non "Rambo" Prep Helmet Nate74 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 71 07-15-2019 07:29 AM
Finally... a sane answer to "Why do we prep?" SurvivorGirlAL Jokes, Humor & Music 16 06-12-2019 06:58 PM
The Media asks " Why Prep" Northern Raider British Isles and ROI 33 12-07-2017 07:20 AM
Food Prices "will double by 2030" - Oxfam. Time to prep with a home garden? Jubbles Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 130 03-12-2017 01:12 PM
Article shows how most "sheeple" prep. potatoheadman Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 52 11-05-2016 09:38 PM
An "Emergency Prep Poster" in Japan landline000 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 07-25-2016 12:17 AM
Neighbor "found" me online, knows I prep now... AARGH! joyfulheart Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 126 09-02-2014 10:49 PM

Old 03-16-2020, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 30,607 Times in 8,270 Posts

Advertise Here

Old 03-16-2020, 10:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 20,081 Times in 8,540 Posts

Some of us ain't that fashion conscious, BB...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 30,607 Times in 8,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Some of us ain't that fashion conscious, BB...
Neither am I, with very few exceptions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 10:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 20,081 Times in 8,540 Posts

Hey, I need to update my mask, based on that fashion plate, BB.... My old canvas one looks so tatty compared to that one....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 11:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,222 Posts

Grabbed some meat to help fill up the rest of the new freezer. I order from Broken Arrow Ranch if anyone in the DFW area wants some tasty different meat (well, anywhere as they likely ship out of state):

https://brokenarrowranch.com/

Really enjoy the venison sausage.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to STEEPOE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 02:01 PM
Patiently Waiting

Thanked 13,833 Times in 4,222 Posts

I bought a new Osprey Stratos 34 as my GHB/day hiking pack. Had been using a Stratos 24, but found it was just a shade too small for a winter load out. Gave that one to my son as he’s outgrown his Daylite 13.

I can fit more warm clothing and a bit of extra food and water. Added a small pot and metho burner so I can have a few hot meals. The straps on the bottom allow me to secure a Helinox Chair One.

It is a very comfortable pack, even with a full load.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jash For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 02:43 PM
Some guy on the internet

Thanked 5,806 Times in 2,150 Posts

gold and tobacco.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loki81 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Bought 20 pounds of rice and beans. Things are starting to get ugly here in Brazil.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AaronZz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 04:45 PM
The Lieutenant

Thanked 2,159 Times in 885 Posts

Booze!
and wine!
and cigars!
A few odds and ends wife desired before governor closes everything down. She and daughter had to go to a Walmart 30 miles away to get stuff she ordered online.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boomerweps For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Some guy on the internet

Thanked 5,806 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerweps View Post
Booze!
and wine!
and cigars!
A few odds and ends wife desired before governor closes everything down. She and daughter had to go to a Walmart 30 miles away to get stuff she ordered online.
lol, i did the grown up bevs thing last week, was kinda funny when every one had their carts full of TP and water and i'm over here with 20 bottles of whiskey and 20 bottles of wine.

i don't think being prepped has ever really paid off this well...I'm shopping for luxuries while everyone else is shopping for survival....been there, done that. lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to loki81 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 04:58 PM
"prepping" since 2007

I said the other day that I was going out today. I basically saw what everyone has been describing for days/weeks. Empty shelves when it comes to pasta, pasta sauce, TP, water and milk. Not so much bread though. Anyway, topped off the rotation with extra:

bread (limit 2, and I already have some so just two today!)
milk (2 again)
pizzas
sauerkraut (cabbage was long gone)
soda
2 big Hershey bars for freezing
Ice cream
bananas (the fruits and veggie section was pretty normal, our society is fat for this reason)
Cheeses
eggs
snacks for the toddler
coffee (now I got an even 15 lbs)
mac and cheese section was pretty healthy still
sugar was long gone

Average score, but like I said we could go many months without going out once so this is just to keep us all happy :/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleBarrelPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 12,418 Times in 3,969 Posts

Tonight I'm cleaning water storage containers just in case I decide to store tap water.

My small battery charger broke a few days ago so I ordered another today. It charges all small consumer electronic rechargeable batteries as well as alkaline versions of those batteries.You won't get probably more than 5 or 6 recharges from an alkaline battery but that number of cycles matters when you can't get replacements.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 09:39 PM
I have control issues

Thanked 9,037 Times in 3,492 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Prepped for the possibility of telework (IF they decide to go that route, that is) by putting in for, and receiving, a "property pass" for my work laptop. Will still need to get it set up for VPN, though, since our site can NOT be accessed from an "outside" network.

Stopped by the store on the way home to pick up some apples (produce section was at normal stocking levels) and hopefully some sourdough bread. The "regular" bread section was stripped clean. They had one store employee sanitizing the shelves, but NO bread, hamburger or hotdog buns, etc. They DID, however, have a few of the "specialty" breads available, such as the Tuscan, Rosemary Olive oil, and one or two others, but VERY little available. From what I've been hearing (didn't go back to those sections) milk, eggs, and beef, and deli meats were also wiped out. I may be selling a LOT more eggs here, pretty soon. Same with the goat milk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceFire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 09:49 PM
Endure ~ Adapt ~ Overcome

In the last few days I:

Charged up the ham radio. (Portable Yeasu)

Put new batteries in the GPS reciever.

Put new batteries in the Scanner.

Put new batteries in the portable radio, its kinda bulky though.

Bought a new thomas guide and a foldable map of my area to keep in my BOV so i dont have to rely on the internet/flat phone.(I already had the same exact foldable map in my BOV)

Bought new hiking boots.

Created a quick go pack out of one of those soft 6 pack coolers, consisting of liquid hand soap, band aids, neosporin, shampoo, hand sanitizer, bottle of advil, toothbrush and toothpaste. I already have this in my BOB and BOV first aid kit but wanted something that I could have quick access to.

I am currently working on a bug out plan from my location. I am in a very bad spot to bug out from.

Filled up a 5 gallon water container and a 2 gallon and have them strapped down the BOV.

Strapped down a (EMPTY) 5 gallon plastic gas container inside the BOV.

Filled up the BOV with gas.

Withdrew a sum of cash from the bank and made small bills.

Be safe everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MRBEALE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
Work in progress

Thanked 1,342 Times in 590 Posts

We have an older house with house with water heat and no duct work, so we rely on room air conditioning for the summer months.

Our older air conditioner was showing signs of end of life last season.

Ordered a new unit, to be delivered in a few days, will tuck it away until needed.

These are made in China and I anticipate a significant delay in the supply chain when the temps warm up here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NyteOwl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 10:58 AM
Survivor

Thanked 47,324 Times in 13,822 Posts

for my prep today, and for the next couple months.....

i am staying the heck at home
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 11:51 AM
Target Shooter

Some relatively small stuff.

Area is on official lockdown. But, can still head out for essentials so made sure all vehicles full tank of gas. Costco gas station not quite empty but quick thru put.

Will work on refreshing some of the OTC in my BOB today.

Both my wife and I were directed to work from home for the next three weeks. So, THAT should be interesting.

Both my sons work at a retirement/memory care facility. One is a chef the other security. I have alot of worry around their working there. But, the plans for care for themselves and the residents are tight. Both of my boys are committed to helping out. Sorta proud but terrified if you know what I mean.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keithp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 12:07 PM
The Lieutenant

Thanked 2,159 Times in 885 Posts

Traded out some large $$ bills for smaller denominations.
PA governor strongly recommends all non essential business to close for two weeks. Using the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and PA Department of Agriculture, he closed down ALL clubs, bars and restaurants except for off premises consumption. He also shut down all the state run booze stores so no resupply. That said, I had to close down our VFW club & bar with kitchen. We had a great St. Patrick's Day menu scheduled ;(
Cleaned out my office refridgerator, got some prepared salads and veggies from VFW kitchen, local food bank meal providers will be contacted for most of the prepared stuff that won't keep for two weeks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boomerweps For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 12:17 PM

Location: digging a big hole,setting forms and rebar and pouring concrete

went to local liquor world and got a handle of Jim Beam,a couple 4 bottles of Riesling wine and some Captain Morgan Private Stock rum and a last ditch bottle of 12yr Chivas..a man's gotta have supplies,ya know..at least I'll have a good buzz on when it all comes to a stop
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunkclimber For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 12:28 PM
Stop YOLOing

Thanked 8,201 Times in 2,311 Posts

Wife and I both teleworking now...so today's prep is to protect my marriage by setting her up an upstairs office worthy of running meetings remotely, doing the same for me in the basement, and designating the ground floor (kitchen and living room) as the DMZ. Neither one of us should expect the other to be quiet in the DMZ, but we both get quiet in our areas, which are separated by two floors.

Setting the ground rules before there's conflict prevents conflict, and saves lives.

This includes turning our workspaces into mini-studios so we look professional on camera, because I don't half-ass many things. I whole-ass just a few things.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just Jeff For This Useful Post: