Survivalist Forum banner

found a weird 22 magnum rifle

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jester73 
#1 ·
As i was going about my business perusing the local pawn shop looking for parts guns, I came across a weird looking 22 magnum single shot rifle. It has no markings on it other than 22 Magnum on the left side of the receiver and a serial number on the trigger guard. The entire stock is cast steel and is skeletonized. There is a trigger in front of the trigger guard that is used to unlock the action to load and unload the weapon and also cocks the firing pin. To load it, you pull this trigger all the way to the rear and rotate the barrel assembly to the side. There is a manual ejector on the barrel assembly on the right side. There is a cross slide safety behind the trigger. I'll download a picture of it tonight. I like interesting and unique guns so I went ahead and got it. When I took it home, I checked it out and test fired it. The firing pin spring was weak so once I figured out how to tear it apart, I replaced it and reassembled it. Shoots like a dream. Not real accurate but it'll kill a tree rat at 30 yards. Problem is, I have no idea of what this gun is. If anyone has any ideas about the manufacturer of this thing, I would be interested to know. Thanks

#5 ·
Bronco rifle...LOL
Haven't seen one of those in a while. Use to see them all the time back in the 70's. Interesting, inexpensive rifle. So what did you have give for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.