Survivalist Forum banner

Weird Stuff Going on in my Region...

9K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  bltjr1951 
#1 ·
Im in NE OH.... and this has been one odd day....

it was almost 60 degrees today... two days ago there was snow on the ground.

The wind is absolutely surreal and has been since I woke up this morning and still continues to be abnormal... some of the most powerful wind i've experienced first hand in my lifetime....Looks like a tornado hit many parts of the city that I was driving through. Stuff blown everywhere and signs knocked down. Power has been going out all over the city of Cleveland (have been listening to scanner while on road)....

certain parts of highways blocked off by police....generators being called to many big intersections (heard on scanner)....

i get to my house finally after seeing all of this chaos on the roads (traffic lights out, police directing traffic, trains stopped and blocking roads) and then the power goes out at my house after about 30 mins of me being here..... my power is back on now, but there is no telling if it will go back off or not...

:eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
You'll be getting our weather in about 30 hours and it's been icky. Nasty blowing snow, very high winds. It was so gorgeous yesterday. Like spring. Now it's winter again.

#4 ·
I agree with MikeK. We had a nice warm day today. Keep that nasty stuff up north where it belongs.

#8 ·
Every place has advantages and disadvantages. We don't have water shortages or other such issues where I live. It does get cold, but then, I've also lived in Texas during heat waves and I couldn't do anything outdoors during those, just like I can't do it when it's 15 degrees below zero.

Reactions: bodhimit
#13 ·
I'm also in NE Ohio in the Youngstown area. Agree it was very windy and sustained high winds today, but I have seen far worse wind. Temp was great, put up the Christmas lights.

Not really that abnormal for NE Ohio weather IMO. I have seen blue sky and 60 to rain, temp drop to 30 and snow in the same day in NE Ohio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.