Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocate to another country? Rebel 73 Polls and Surveys 25 08-28-2014 02:44 PM
If you could relocate to any country where would you go? Unbelievable General Discussion 206 06-09-2014 05:25 PM
Remington to relocate to Alabama PakDoc Firearms General Discussion 41 05-19-2014 01:06 PM
NW Florida.... Soon to relocate somewhere Ardiemus New Member Introduction 14 12-04-2013 07:56 PM
If anyone is looking to relocate...... benson56 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 09-23-2012 10:54 PM
You want to relocate? Emerald Eyes Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 09-10-2011 07:44 PM
Looking to relocate davmatt74 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 30 07-12-2010 12:14 AM
Plan to relocate in the next 4 years.... countryboy123 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 34 01-21-2009 10:23 PM

Old 09-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Wrong Side of Heaven

Thanked 6,036 Times in 2,227 Posts
Default Relocate

Advertise Here

Wyoming....The last state to get a first post in this new set up.

This has always been one of my go to places in order to retire, still a few years out though. Any locals open to some energy/power generation jobs that may be available and willing to discuss.

THX

Last edited by ImStillHere; 09-03-2014 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: Well almost last
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ImStillHere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2014, 02:19 PM

There are a lot of power generation jobs with all the power plants we have. Have to google the power companies and start applying.

The Bureau of Reclimation is looking for people to work at dams around the state. www.usajobs.gov
The Following User Says Thank You to Executnr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Thinker

Thanked 1,386 Times in 626 Posts

There's always oil field jobs (lots of them) in the Bakken area of North Dakota and also in Montana - I expect there will be jobs along those lines developing in South Dakota and Wyoming as well, over the next 10 years or so.
The Following User Says Thank You to prepgal For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Wrong Side of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executnr View Post
There are a lot of power generation jobs with all the power plants we have. Have to google the power companies and start applying.

The Bureau of Reclimation is looking for people to work at dams around the state. www.usajobs.gov
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepgal View Post
There's always oil field jobs (lots of them) in the Bakken area of North Dakota and also in Montana - I expect there will be jobs along those lines developing in South Dakota and Wyoming as well, over the next 10 years or so.
THANKS..
My current job/company was just purchased by a larger named company, and I am currently interested staying in house with them. They do have some assets in the area but not being fully vested I am leery of making a lateral change as of yet.

I am mostly looking to see if there are any field/electrical generation related people on this site in WY that I can bounce some questions off.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImStillHere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2014, 06:02 PM
aka Mental Avenger

Thanked 6,006 Times in 2,277 Posts

We do not generally encourage people to move here. However, another serious prepper could be an asset. I have been working with wind and solar electrical generation for some time now. There are no easy answers, but there are many different viable applications.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yehudi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Wrong Side of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
We do not generally encourage people to move here. However, another serious prepper could be an asset. I have been working with wind and solar electrical generation for some time now. There are no easy answers, but there are many different viable applications.
I totally can understand that. Those that trumpet the glory of their accolades tend to unknowingly invite those that seek a better position, you can hope that those that do bring more to the table than they take. In truth that is my goal, a better environment that is more inline with my goals.

THX
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImStillHere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Amateur of all trades

Wyoming power houses generate about 10 X's more electricity than it's population requires. There are more than a dozen turbines averaging about 350MW each.
Many are "MineMouth" plants where coal goes direct from the ground into the boiler.
Electricity is one of WY major "exports" and creates a large amount of jobs and revenue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superflux For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2014, 08:16 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 80,486 Times in 32,268 Posts

If it wasn't for the Wifey ---- I'd be there by now !
Old 12-24-2014, 07:29 PM

Im Still Here

Major wind farm breaks ground near Bridger, MT

http://billingsgazette.com/business/...ef7c279d5.html

SG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 12:45 AM

I'm an industrial electrician I manly work in the oil field but I do go out to one of the bigger power plants here in wyoming for overhauls and shut downs my grandfather was a mine electrician til the day he died and ejoyed it more the other electrical jobs he worked the pay is good and benefits are great on top of it all most places are non union but still beat the union shops in pay and benefits
The Following User Says Thank You to tac_man92 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Default Relocate

I'd like to raise a 'relocate' Issue here as it is the title of the thread....

As a 'mountain west' land owner, I am interested in finding and getting to know online (or in this forum) a person (or persons) looking to leave their present situations and/or locations.

My question is: What are you looking for in a relocation area, and what would you be willing to 'share' ...if a suitable temporary location was offered to you?

I'm deliberately trying to be circumspect here, in order to elicit a range of questions, and interests ..to guide the discussion forward.

(I ask apologies from the originator of this thread who is seeking to relocate at some future date ....if employment can be found.
Tesla Motors is building a $5 Billion Factory somewhere in Nevada to build a battery that will power a home for about a week
off the grid...maybe there will be jobs there http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...ar-energy.html )

Last edited by SG; 05-02-2015 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: Correct a URL
Old 05-02-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I'd like to raise a 'relocate' Issue here as it is the title of the thread....

As a 'mountain west' land owner, I am interested in finding and getting to know online (or in this forum) a person (or persons) looking to leave their present situations and/or locations.

My question is: What are you looking for in a relocation area, and what would you be willing to 'share' ...if a suitable temporary location was offered to you?

I'm deliberately trying to be circumspect here, in order to elicit a range of questions, and interests ..to guide the discussion forward.

(I ask apohogies from the originator of this thread who is seeking to relocate at some future date ....if employment can be found.
Tesla Motors is building a $5 Billion Factory somewhere in Nevada to build a battery that will power a home for about a week
off the grid...maybe there will be jobs there http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/new...ar-energy.html )
I would love to return. I think we would still be there if it was not for our families health getting worse. I am 60 and hope to retire in a few years. My husband is retired. I would need a job with a pay scale that would cover the increase in the cost of living and utilities cost. I have strong retail experience. Another problem for us.....the cold affects us harder that it use to. On the other hand I am growing a container garden here in Mississippi. If it was just me, I believe I would have stayed there and visit family on my vacations. I had more peace of mind there than anywhere else.

Last edited by lallerstedt; 05-02-2015 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: remembered something!
Old 05-03-2015, 01:51 AM

Default Relocate

Lallerstedt

Just lost my reply to you from a Microsoft error that erased my entire
reply to your post.

Will try again later.....damn that corporation!

SG
The Following User Says Thank You to SG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Lallerstedt

Just lost my reply to you from a Microsoft error that erased my entire
reply to your post.

Will try again later.....damn that corporation!

SG
Just remember your comment about temporary location. We live in a rv.