Warning To Be Heeded - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Rural Buckeye Guy Rural Buckeye Guy is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: rural ohio
Posts: 2,576
Thanks: 40
Thanked 4,949 Times in 1,730 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

The son must have been a mucky muck pastafarian.....I prep for space aliens, the little green ones. The grey ones are *******s...so I hear! OTOH, while few warnings are legit, a few are. If you are prepared in general then you are prepared for all of them. Life is the greatest wager.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Oregone_89 Oregone_89 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 32
Thanks: 36
Thanked 45 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
Heh....Washington State - and central Washington in particular - also was formerly located about 40 miles north of hell - the US Army Chemical Weapons Depository at Umatilla.

That's decommissioned and cleaned up now, but there used to be signs along the highway heading south with yellow blinking lights that said "if the light is blinking, turn around and head back north". Very subtle.

The last news reports I saw indicated that some of the former chemical weapons bunkers are now being used by FEMA (etc.) to store cots, sleeping bags, tents, and other assorted preps for when the Cascadia Subduction Zone unzips along its entire fault-line in a 9.1 scale earthquake.

Life isn't dull in the Pacific Northwest. And as ROCK6 says there are no signs of alarm on the high side, but we all know that things can go south in a heartbeat. Complacency is something we all may recognize in ourselves from time to time, requiring a recommitment to be ready for whatever happens, moment to moment.
I live near the old Umatilla Chemical depot. You still see humvees out there from time to time, no idea why. Any idea what all is going on out there? I did hear the military is doing training out around there .

It was funny in school they would tell us if a leak happened to tape around the windows and doors. Also used to be if you broke down on the highway they would comeout and watch you untail the cops and tow truck showed up. They had camaras and ground sensors everywhere supposedly. Havnt heard or seen anything FEMA related though.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Oregone_89 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 02:47 PM
cannonfoddertfc's Avatar
cannonfoddertfc cannonfoddertfc is offline
Sheepdog in Wolf clothing
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 2,674
Thanked 2,888 Times in 955 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregone_89 View Post
I live near the old Umatilla Chemical depot. You still see humvees out there from time to time, no idea why. Any idea what all is going on out there? Ive heard the military is doing training out around there too.

It was funny in school they would tell us if a leak happened to tape around the windows and doors. Also used to be if you broke down on the highway they would comeout and watch you untail the cops and tow truck showed up. They had camaras and ground sensors everywhere supposedly. Havnt heard or seen anything FEMA related though.
Umatilla Army Depot now belongs to the National Guard and is used as a training facility.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannonfoddertfc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Oregone_89 Oregone_89 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 32
Thanks: 36
Thanked 45 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonfoddertfc View Post
Umatilla Army Depot now belongs to the National Guard and is used as a training facility.
That makes sense, I wonder how polluted the ground is out there? Probably not much they can do with it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Oregone_89 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 09:27 AM
BASS BASS is offline
BASS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 75
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,474
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
The son must have been a mucky muck pastafarian.....I prep for space aliens, the little green ones. The grey ones are *******s...so I hear! OTOH, while few warnings are legit, a few are. If you are prepared in general then you are prepared for all of them. Life is the greatest wager.
December 2018 the DHS warned; "The US should prepare for up to six months without electricity. That means without: food; transportation; fuel; money; health care; water; sewage systems working; and more". It was in the news papers but dropped from site quickly. I believe the government squashed it so as not to panic the public.

The reasons given for loss of electric is terrorists attacking the power grid. So many people believe the government will take care of us. Government cannot provide for a large portion of the population.

When the power is out all transportation stops. No traffic lights; accidents and the list is above. Sooner or later something will happen. Thanks Rural; Buckeye Guy
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to BASS For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 11:43 AM
CONELRAD's Avatar
CONELRAD CONELRAD is offline
Emergency Planner
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 499
Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
December 2018 the DHS warned; "The US should prepare for up to six months without electricity. That means without: food; transportation; fuel; money; health care; water; sewage systems working; and more". It was in the news papers but dropped from site quickly. I believe the government squashed it so as not to panic the public.

The reasons given for loss of electric is terrorists attacking the power grid. So many people believe the government will take care of us. Government cannot provide for a large portion of the population.

When the power is out all transportation stops. No traffic lights; accidents and the list is above. Sooner or later something will happen. Thanks Rural; Buckeye Guy
The recommendation was based on the findings of the NIAC Catastrophic Power Outage Study. It wasn't based on a specific imminent threat. It's just FEMA and these panels doing what they're supposed to do. Look for deficiencies and recommend corrections for them. Not every "report" means there's something on the horizon. It also wasn't dropped from the news, squashed by the government for fear of panic. The report is right here: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...08%20FINAL.pdf

Remember, "the media" is obsessed with hammering on the president right now and any story that doesn't help with that goal doesn't stay "in the news" very long. If the Trump administration was hiding an imminent threat, there would be deep state whistleblowers running to sympathetic Democrats in congress and or the left-wing media. Both would be on him like a pack of wolves.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 12:09 PM
BASS BASS is offline
BASS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 75
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,474
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONELRAD View Post
The recommendation was based on the findings of the NIAC Catastrophic Power Outage Study. It wasn't based on a specific imminent threat. It's just FEMA and these panels doing what they're supposed to do. Look for deficiencies and recommend corrections for them. Not every "report" means there's something on the horizon. It also wasn't dropped from the news, squashed by the government for fear of panic. The report is right here: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...08%20FINAL.pdf

Remember, "the media" is obsessed with hammering on the president right now and any story that doesn't help with that goal doesn't stay "in the news" very long. If the Trump administration was hiding an imminent threat, there would be deep state whistleblowers running to sympathetic Democrats in congress and or the left-wing media. Both would be on him like a pack of wolves.
I do understand it isn't an imminent threat. But a terrorist type attack is the most logical cause.

Yes, the President has many enemies just waiting and hoping for some BS to accuse him of.

The report is just something to seriously consider from my point of view.

As is said many times here and also by me, "If you prepare you are usually prepared for many situations". That is how I believe in prepping.

Have a great day everyone, BASS
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BASS For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 12:30 PM
CONELRAD's Avatar
CONELRAD CONELRAD is offline
Emergency Planner
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 499
Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
I do understand it isn't an imminent threat. But a terrorist type attack is the most logical cause.

Yes, the President has many enemies just waiting and hoping for some BS to accuse him of.

The report is just something to seriously consider from my point of view.

As is said many times here and also by me, "If you prepare you are usually prepared for many situations". That is how I believe in prepping.

Have a great day everyone, BASS
I agree, it's good general advice, I just wanted to point out that the DHS/FEMA recommendation was just that, a general recommendation, not related to a specific imminent event.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 12:38 PM
IndMechanic's Avatar
IndMechanic IndMechanic is online now
Prepared
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 408 Times in 176 Posts
Default

My dad and I were talking a little while back about “something happening” and he said that he may not see it in his life time, but chances were that I would in mine.

Nature will correct itself as he put it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndMechanic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2019, 02:29 PM
72Malibu's Avatar
72Malibu 72Malibu is offline
Stay Calm & Hit The Gas
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 86
Thanks: 19
Thanked 158 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Not MIA, just sittin' back readin' comments.

As the sayin', a broken clock is correct twice a day. Sooner or later the crazy people screamin' it's the end, will be right.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 72Malibu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Peter's Avatar
Peter Peter is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Above ground
Posts: 8,067
Thanks: 4,401
Thanked 7,974 Times in 3,876 Posts
Default

BB,
Similar story except my evac was away from the cloud, at first it looked like some one had used a marker to draw a line across the horizon, which kept getting thicker. I was grocery shopping in town at the time, guess you could call that dumb luck. Any way it dumped a couple of inches of ash and everything was gray and gritty for 10 days. 10 long days before we saw the sky again and could start the clean up.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2019, 06:02 PM
CONELRAD's Avatar
CONELRAD CONELRAD is offline
Emergency Planner
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 499
Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Malibu View Post
Not MIA, just sittin' back readin' comments.

As the sayin', a broken clock is correct twice a day. Sooner or later the crazy people screamin' it's the end, will be right.
That's sorta like saying you know the winning lottery numbers... but not which drawing they're for.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2019, 07:28 PM
williammandella williammandella is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 302
Thanks: 61
Thanked 284 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
I vote meteor. Or impeachment. Or a slew of DOJ arrests of prominent Democrats.

Either works for me.
Most surprising aspect of this post is that the meteor part has the highest probability of causing a SHTF event.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 11:15 AM
BASS BASS is offline
BASS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 75
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,474
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default

I just check asteroid: 216258 2006WH1 on the web. This is just one of many "near earth" asteroids or space rocks coming close to the earth. Some they are tracking are bigger than the Great Pyramid in Egypt.

There are many so take a look. Maybe the person who warned her knew about this and more had information from dependable sources.

I think sooner or later one may hit the earth. That is another reason to prep. I prep anyway. A big asteroid would have a major impact on world supplies of all types, food and drugs being just two.

Always watch the news butI don't think the government wouldn't tell us about one of these. Did you hear about this on one in the news? No, you didn't.





Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Malibu View Post
Son: "Start preparing now. Something big is about to happen".
Mom: "Why? Whats going to happen?"
Son: "I cannot tell you anything else. Just start preparing now."

This warning was given to a mom from her son a month ago.

The only "prepping" this mom has ever done is get extra groceries ahead of a snowstorm. She has gone from zero preps to full blown survivalist. Why?

I only know that her son is in a position that his farts need special security clearance just to be passed. Area 51 kind of secrecy.

She does not know what, where, when, how, or who.

Take it for what it's worth to you.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 02:59 PM
CONELRAD's Avatar
CONELRAD CONELRAD is offline
Emergency Planner
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 499
Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
I just check asteroid: 216258 2006WH1 on the web. This is just one of many "near earth" asteroids or space rocks coming close to the earth. Some they are tracking are bigger than the Great Pyramid in Egypt.

There are many so take a look. Maybe the person who warned her knew about this and more had information from dependable sources.

I think sooner or later one may hit the earth. That is another reason to prep. I prep anyway. A big asteroid would have a major impact on world supplies of all types, food and drugs being just two.

Always watch the news butI don't think the government wouldn't tell us about one of these. Did you hear about this on one in the news? No, you didn't.
Take a look at its orbit: https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?orb=1;sstr=216258 It's not going to hit us. The last article I saw on it projected it would cross 2 minutes after you made your post.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 06:34 PM
BASS BASS is offline
BASS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 75
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,474
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONELRAD View Post
Take a look at its orbit: https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?orb=1;sstr=216258 It's not going to hit us. The last article I saw on it projected it would cross 2 minutes after you made your post.
Yes , I heard/read that. But it does bring to our attention there are many "things out there" that could impact us. It just makes sense for all of us to prep for the "unknown".

As I have said "The government will never put us on alert "for fear of panicking the US public".

Many of us don't trust the government to be "truthful". So many of us prep.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2019, 06:39 PM
CONELRAD's Avatar
CONELRAD CONELRAD is offline
Emergency Planner
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 2,539
Thanks: 499
Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
Yes , I heard/read that. But it does bring to our attention there are many "things out there" that could impact us. It just makes sense for all of us to prep for the "unknown".



As I have said "The government will never put us on alert "for fear of panicking the US public".



Many of us don't trust the government to be "truthful". So many of us prep.


Itís not solely US government observatories looking for and finding these rocks. Too many paranoid people make the Federal government out to be all seeing and all knowing and all powerful. Sorry to break it to you, but they arenít.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2019, 12:22 AM
PeterWiggin PeterWiggin is online now
Prepared
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 261
Thanks: 193
Thanked 395 Times in 162 Posts
Default

so is everyone going to go crazy the next time 72Malibu posts?
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2019, 01:04 PM
BASS BASS is offline
BASS
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 75
Posts: 1,736
Thanks: 1,474
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWiggin View Post
so is everyone going to go crazy the next time 72Malibu posts?

It always makes sense to prep. You may never need it but will be happy if you do. I don't panic. If you panic you lose control of a situation. Not good.....

I know some people who are "shall we say are wired to events". Inside the inside as it were. No I cannot call them on the phone or email them. That doesn't happen at their level. Either you see them and talk or you don't. I am a "trusted one" but still outside. I may get a warning but I may not. At some point we are all in the same boat. Two are pretty sure I prep but never asks. I don't ask them either.

I just pays to be prepped. Injury, illness, loss of job or other..... If you can do it and not hurt the bank why not?

One never knows does one?


Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2019, 01:12 PM
PeterWiggin PeterWiggin is online now
Prepared
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 261
Thanks: 193
Thanked 395 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
It always makes sense to prep. You may never need it but will be happy if you do. I don't panic. If you panic you lose control of a situation. Not good....
well, i was not suggesting to not prep. Of course prep.

But these threads are all over the internet. They're basically click-bait, even if the OP gets no money, they get attention with their vague post about upcoming doom.

OP got a lot of "thanks"... for nothing. I'm confused why people feed trolls.

His only "update" offered nothing substantial, basically said he's enjoying the attention. Kind of admitted he knew he had nothing substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Malibu View Post
Not MIA, just sittin' back readin' comments.

As the sayin', a broken clock is correct twice a day. Sooner or later the crazy people screamin' it's the end, will be right.
My comments are less about OP and more about why 14 people thanked him and went on to feed him. Confusing.
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net