get serious - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 08-16-2019, 11:25 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 7,490 Times in 1,696 Posts

Advertise Here

There are places where LE are afraid to go in times of peace. That's not going to improve in a time of war. There are folks whose property I would not set foot on uninvited even though I know and have a good relationship with them. They won't become more welcoming in a crisis. There are folks who will absolutely throw down on the spot if goons show up to their house.

Personally, I believe the wise man chooses the time, place, and circumstance of his battles. On your front door step with the family home is not a good situation. So.... don't keep all your eggs in one basket.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,838 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
...I honestly think a tyrannical, liberal government would be very willing to request UN "assistance" to enforce gun confiscations. This has and does occur in other countries and it's always a disaster.

ROCK6
Agreed.

& it would be tragically hysterical.

I would “imagine” most folk would have zero remorse over taking out any blue hats. Easily seen as a foreign invading force.

Our own uniformed boys (&ladies) on the other hand, even if following unjust orders, is another layer of morality.

Political command & control, in said hypothetical, oh my oh my would surely be “interesting” for those folk in there entirety. Morons seem to forget that a lot of really good folks know how to do bad stuff & to do it very well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post
Agreed.

& it would be tragically hysterical.

I would “imagine” most folk would have zero remorse over taking out any blue hats. Easily seen as a foreign invading force.

Our own uniformed boys (&ladies) on the other hand, even if following unjust orders, is another layer of morality.

Political command & control, in said hypothetical, oh my oh my would surely be “interesting” for those folk in there entirety. Morons seem to forget that a lot of really good folks know how to do bad stuff & to do it very well.
If that ever happens most will bow before the un. It's not exactly like they will walk around in open top trucks.

When the Bradley fires into your mobile home or that pesky drone watches you 24/7 burying guns....

It's going be a brutal fight
Old 08-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
If that ever happens most will bow before the un. It's not exactly like they will walk around in open top trucks.

When the Bradley fires into your mobile home or that pesky drone watches you 24/7 burying guns....

It's going be a brutal fight
So , are you assuming that all of the US military will side with an unconstitutional/ illegal gvmt? Do really believe that there are NO patriots in the military and they wouldn't take a Humvee or Bradly or whatever they have now a days with them when they left?
The Following User Says Thank You to GKII For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 11:05 PM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 2,280 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
that's correct.

Ownership is at 34%...

112M own the nearly 400M guns....

confiscation is a pipedream...
Actual door to door confiscation will not be what they do. Anyone who has a gun registered to them and has not turned it in will be flagged for non-compliance. They then flag your tax returns so no refunds if you are due one, they pass laws that authorize them to seize your bank accounts until you comply, etc, etc. There is no end to the ways they can make your life miserable until you turn them in. They just have to wait and snicker to themselves...

Sure there will be some who are completely off-grid, using cash, etc. But if they are getting a retirement, or social security, etc they will go after that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post
In my opinion, they chose their side. I would have no compassion for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stophel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2019, 11:25 PM

I think it is the height of foolishness to think "the military will be on our side!". Some will, no doubt, but some won't. When it comes down to it, our benevolent government will determine who will, and who won't, and then act accordingly. Probably booting out those who will not comply with orders. A disgruntled former soldier is far less dangerous than a disgruntled soldier with access to heavy weaponry and military technology.

Remember the survey a few years ago where over 25% of surveyed Marines said they would fire upon U.S. citizens who refused to comply with a gun ban? Remember Hurricane Katrina?

That said, I don't think there will be large scale gun confiscation right away (small scale, it's already happening). Other things will happen first, as others have stated. But it IS coming.

Last edited by Stophel; 08-17-2019 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: just because.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:50 PM
Cross-eyed Target Shooter

Thanked 2,096 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyt View Post
yup, Hitler kept the kids
Hmph! "The State" ALREADY has your kids! Don't believe it? Go visit a public school sometime and spend a couple of hours in a classroom!
Old 08-18-2019, 06:30 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stophel View Post
In my opinion, they chose their side. I would have no compassion for them.
They would have zero for you as well. Good luck and maybe try winning them over before killing them. Because I can guarantee you that they will play with the gloves off first chance they get.
The Following User Says Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post: