Capable arms discussion - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 11-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,003 Times in 4,226 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujet View Post
Absolutely, I'm talking about ballistics and weapons. Tactics are something this old man can't really take part in due to age.

What got me thinking along these lines are the various infringements, such as the NY "Safe Act" and the 7 round limits. Those limits serve only to "hobble" the citizenry. Much like forbidding AP ammo or hollowpoints.

At some point when the citizenry is sufficiently hobbled, government can walk right up and do what it wants, without any risk. Talk tactics all you want, but I honestly believe my point stands.

Good god, what do you do when you have multiple attackers, only a handful of rounds, and understand that hits are infrequent and may be ineffective (ball ammo required) . Take pride in disabling one out of 5 while you die?

Those that say we are still "allowed" to own what we want are kidding themselves. In many locations there are restrictions aplenty.
I don't disagree with your last point; in fact it's spot on. My point with tactics is that you sometimes have to use lees conventional methods to counter a threat, and it's not always a shoulder fired method. I get you though; when your runn'in and gun'in days are down to just gun'in, you need to make the most of it. But honestly, if you're defending your home from a superior force with numbers, technicals, air-support, etc. (and you don't have any cavalry coming to support you), a static defense is a losing one, the only factor is how much time can you delay the inevitable.

ROCK6
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 09:18 AM
I give up

Thanked 18,832 Times in 4,898 Posts

Up and coming in Virginia:

(Tell me again how we are allowed to own capable arms? )

395 18.2-308.8. Importation, sale, possession, etc., of assault firearms prohibited; penalty.
396 A. For the purposes of this section:
397 "Assault firearm" means:
398 1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
399 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
400 2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
401 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
402 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes
403 conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a
404 protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher;
405 (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle
406 compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a
407 muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
408 clauses (i) through (xii);
409 3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
410 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
411 4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
412 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
413 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second
414 handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a
415 magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or
416 partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the
417 non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the
418 pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c)
419 a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
420 clauses (i) through (vii);
421 5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
422 explosion of a combustible material; or
423 6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a
424 combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii)
425 a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv)
426 the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or
427 (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).
428 "Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify,
429 or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
430 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been
431 rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or
432 relic as defined in 18.2-308.2:2.
433 B. It shall be is unlawful for any person to import, sell, possess or transfer the following firearms:
434 the Striker 12, commonly called a "streetsweeper," or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun of like
435 kind with a spring tension drum magazine capable of holding twelve shotgun shells, manufacture,
436 purchase, possess, or transport an assault firearm. A violation of this section shall be ispunishable as a
437 Class 6 felony.
438 18.2-308.9. Sale, transfer, etc., of certain firearm magazines prohibited; penalty.
439 A. Any person who imports, sells, barters, or transfers any firearm magazine that is designed to hold
440 more than 10 rounds of ammunition is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
441 B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) the manufacture by, transfer to, or possession
442 by the Commonwealth or a department, agency, or political subdivision of the Commonwealth; (ii) the
443 transfer to or possession by a law-enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law
444 enforcement; or (iii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law-enforcement
445 agency and who is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition transferred to the individual by
446 the law-enforcement agency upon his retirement of such firearm magazines.
447 2. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or
448 commitment. Pursuant to 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the
449 necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult
450 correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia
451 Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to
452 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be
453 determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

You may also note the additional funding for incarceration of violators. They are not screwing around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 09:23 AM
I give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat In The Woods View Post
You make sure your family knows what to put on your headstone.
Name
Date of birth
Date of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
So what are you doing about it?
I'm getting ready for the nursing home. Not much I can do.

Quote:
What I dont understand is, all the bitching and whining about these unlawful and unconstitutional laws, yet no one is taking them to court to fight and repeal them? So why are you people bitching then?
AK, you and I are likely on the same side, so I really don't have any desire to irritate or annoy you. However, you are ABSOLUTELY MISINFORMED about your above statement. A court challenge requires "standing". In other words, one must be arrested for the very thing they want to oppose, or DIRECTLY denied permission to possess a weapon. Lack of "standing" means no lawsuit, no day in court and laws passed by the legislature are assumed to be legal.

I have no standing, and cannot oppose any law, other than by voting. Being as the political right is quickly fading into the minority, I/we can expect our right to keep and bear completely hobbled. Enjoy your government approved, ever less effective firearm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 11:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,994 Times in 4,458 Posts

Well then, get the gun and do what you want. Youll have "standing" if and when it becomes an issue.

I would think to, that if you were one of a group who was being denied your rights, that you would have standing.

We either have rights or we dont. Passing a law that violates your rights, and them giving you no recourse to challenge the law, simply shows we have no rights.

Im getting up there in age too, and looking back, realize now, after "trying" to make a difference (and that just seems such a waste now), that people want rights and to be free, they just dont want to be the ones that fight for them or do anything about keeping them. So, we have what we have.

Right now, "most" of us can in fact have pretty much anything you might want, "legally", if you have the money to acquire them. Even if you are denied by law, if you have the money, you can get pretty much anything you want. If the war on drugs taught us anything, its anything illegal, is readily available, if youre willing to pay for it. That should be pretty obvious.

I think a lot of the problem here is, the bulk of the people are "law abiding", and try to do the right thing, even to the point that doing the right thing, violates their rights.

As a people, and especially since the early 80's on, we have been heavily propagandized, manipulated, conditioned, and threatened, to do as youre told, and not to question. I dont see that getting any better, although I do think some people are starting to come around and realize that something is going on.

Day late and a dollar short, but they are catching on. Maybe. Trump being elected, shows that. Assuming that wasnt a manipulation too. I really dont trust ANY of them, and wouldnt put ANYTHING past the PTB to do whatever it takes, to keep control of things.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 11:59 AM
I give up

Quote:
I think a lot of the problem here is, the bulk of the people are "law abiding", and try to do the right thing,
Correct!

It's also a fact that the our current governmental structure means the "law abiding" are actually prevented from having any influence what so ever.

Freedom means being able to go to the neighborhood arms dealer and procure what ever you want, without restriction. Without having to acquire illegal arms in an illegal manner.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Correct!

It's also a fact that the our current governmental structure means the "law abiding" are actually prevented from having any influence what so ever.

Freedom means being able to go to the neighborhood arms dealer and procure what ever you want, without restriction. Without having to acquire illegal arms in an illegal manner.
Freedom means not having the tax man taking a quarter plus of your hard earned money unlawfully too, and a bunch of other stuff, but you know how that goes.

You still get to chose if you want to be free. It just might conflict with someone's "rules", and cause you some grief in maintaining it.

And, you just might have to actually fight to keep your freedom at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 PM

Everybody's an expert, and everybody else is a idiot! 4 pages of nonsense and I haven't gotten one good bit of intel to show for it! Thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kloyiod For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 PM
I give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloyiod View Post
Everybody's an expert, and everybody else is a idiot! 4 pages of nonsense and I haven't gotten one good bit of intel to show for it! Thanks a lot!

So what you are saying is...
The Following User Says Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is...
Is what the hell I said! What's so hard to understand?
Old 11-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Space Force Recruit

Thanked 1,772 Times in 725 Posts

Quote:

395 18.2-308.8. Importation, sale, possession, etc., of assault firearms prohibited; penalty.
398 1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
399 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
400 2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
401 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
402 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes
403 conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a
404 protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher;
405 (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle
406 compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a
407 muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
409 3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
410 explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
411 4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
412 explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of
413 the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second
414 handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a
415 magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or
416 partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the
417 non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the
418 pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c)
419 a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in
421 5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an
423 6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a
424 combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii)
425 a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv)
426 the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or
427 (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).
428 "Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify,
429 or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
430 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been
431 rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or
433 B. It shall be is unlawful for any person to import, sell, possess or transfer the following firearms:
434 the Striker 12, commonly called a "streetsweeper," or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun of like
435 kind with a spring tension drum magazine capable of holding twelve shotgun shells, manufacture,
436 purchase, possess, or transport an assault firearm. A violation of this section shall be ispunishable as a
437 Class 6 felony.
438 18.2-308.9. Sale, transfer, etc., of certain firearm magazines prohibited; penalty.
439 A. Any person who imports, sells, barters, or transfers any firearm magazine that is designed to hold
441 B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) the manufacture by, transfer to, or possession
442 by the Commonwealth or a department, agency, or political subdivision of the Commonwealth; (ii) the
443 transfer to or possession by a law-enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law
444 enforcement; or (iii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law-enforcement
445 agency and who is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition transferred to the individual by
447 2. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or
448 commitment. Pursuant to 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the
449 necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult
450 correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia
451 Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to
452 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be
453 determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

You may also note the additional funding for incarceration of violators. They are not screwing around.
No they are not. Virginians were dumb enough to elect actual Socialists in to position of power and not just the typical dumb Democrat "Socialist". Virginia will see some terrifying changes in the next year if these Socialists aren't put in the ground.

The biggest problem is that nobody wants to be the first to kickstart the resistance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7.5x55 Swiss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Survivor

Quote:

437 Class 6 felony.

Well then, just be a good little boy and do as youre told and all will be well.
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Prepared

Quote:

437 Class 6 felony.

I dont live in VA. if thats who VA wants to elect thats on them. but not really since they dont have an electoral college the masses in NOVA get to make all the choices no one else get s a say.
The Following User Says Thank You to 273andme For This Useful Post: