Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-18-2019, 08:08 AM
Target Shooter

Default Carcinogens found in some common medicines

Advertise Here

Nobody had to hit me over the head for me to figure out that I had cancer. As soon as they looked at the results of the CAT scan I had people asking me if I smoke and when did I quit and how much did I smoke etc. Luckily I only had bladder cancer and mine has been controlled. Gone for now.
Then I saw on the news where one of the medicines I have been taking has an ingredient in it that causes cancer. Zantac / Rantidine. Then I see the ad by the lawyers asking if you have been taking any sartans for blood pressure. Yep! Got me again.
So the next time I see my family doctor I ask him if he has the list of medicines that contain ingredients that cause cancer. He said that the only one he knew about was the Zantac. It shows that nobody is making sure that doctors know about all of the medicines that are on the list. He was amazed that people are still being prescribed medicines that have been determined to cause cancer.
So while I am being treated for cancer I was still taking medicines that cause cancer and the only thing that seemed to concern anybody was how long ago I quit smoking cigarettes.
I did smoke hell out of cigarettes until about 8 years ago and I know that the effects from that still affect me today but it just seems more likely that bladder cancer would be caused by something ingested where smoking would cause respiratory or circulatory problems.
Basically I just thought that people should know that there are prescribed medicines that have been found to contain ingredients that cause cancer and there is a lot of information on them if you want to look it up.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bearsclaw 73 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 7,101 Times in 2,231 Posts

I do not believe the information you described is widely known. I generally find pharmacists to be more knowledgeable about medicarions. Regardless, thank God you are better.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 10:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 23,488 Times in 8,218 Posts

I don't take anything but my mood drugs, which are all old school, have been around forever and known side effects.

The one antipsychotic is known for causing breast growth. Doc says the women never complain about that one!

That is one reason I choose to go with older drugs because they are known. Also known interactions - that is important to me too. I got toxic from lithium this week, I could have died, but I will still take my chances. Lithium is an easy fix, in my case just reduce the dose.

One of the heartburn medicines made me hallucinate so I just went with tums instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 11:32 AM

My two cents - there has been several reports about some blood pressure medications being linked with causing cancer. I guess the link is not great but warnings have been written about in news articles of late.

Something that I've learned and do to prevent cancer is to wear loose clothing. Something often over looked is not only to avoid toxins but to also allow our bodies to remove toxins. The lymphatic system, which is part of our circulation system, is in part used for removing toxins. The lymphatic systems is different from the rest of our circulation system though in that it doesn't rely up pressure created by the heart to move. Instead lymph relies upon muscle movement/ exercise. It is easy to block to lymph from moving. Wear tight cloths, such as belt, underwear, bras, etc for an extended period of time can cause toxins to remain in an area for an extended period of time. Basically it's a good idea to wear loose clothing for at least half of the day, in my opinion.

Recently I've been reading about chelation therapy for removing toxic heavy metals, such as lead, mercury, cadmium, etc. The difficult to remove metals might be linked with developing cancer I've read.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cranberry For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,060 Posts

One of the doctors at work said all medication is a poison. You have to evaluate the side effects with the advantage of taking it. usually the advantage is life. If the medication can cause an issue 20 years down the line but you have only 10 what is the problem? As to non script products bought off the internet for from the witch doctor down the street, what is the dosage? How pure is it? Is it FDA approved? If herbal products worked, we would not have scripted products. People need to stop getting medical advice from the internet and discuss the issue with a real Medical doctor. not an naturepath, chiropractor, or internet sales person.
The Following User Says Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 10:28 AM
Hiker

One thing they have in common is they are made in China, the carcinogen is not an active ingredient so is China poisoning US citizens slowly?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greif For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 03:04 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,566 Times in 9,117 Posts

Back in 2015 I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and had been taking Zantac plus using J&J's Talcum powder.

I've still got a suit going with them but it dosen't look all that great. According to my lawyer the tests came back I had a little damage from the powder but they really haven't been able to tell if it was the powder that caused the cancer or something else but I am still being represented by them. Don't have to pay them anything unless I win.

Now this Zantac has come up and I had used Zantac for a few years as well so I might try a suit with that. Don't know, I'm still thinking about that one.

I was on 15 different medications since 2013 when I was diagnosed with all of these damn autoimmune diseases up until 8 months ago when I finally got tired of being zombie like.

I quit all of my medications and went back on my gluten free/whole foods diet. I don't feel like i'm dying anymore and I can actually get up and walk and I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I have. I'm still on my blood pressure med and a diuretic. I'm happy to say i've lost 23 lbs in the last 8 months so that helps a bunch.

I'm currently researching what foods can help with lowering my blood pressure. I'm back to trying to grow my garden again because I let it go when I got to the point I couldn't hardly take care of myself any more.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 03:43 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,526 Times in 1,649 Posts

I think what puzzles me is Zantac has been out a very long time. As far as I'm aware 40-50 years. And they just discover this? And by accident no less? A pharmacist is the one who found it. Beginning to believe my theory that those in power are slowly killing off the population is not so crazy. Poisoning us slowly with meds, food, water. Anything else?
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 03:44 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 24,940 Times in 9,081 Posts

Life is terminal. Bad stuff might hasten your end, good stuff might delay it a little.

You are being bombarded by millions of high energy cosmic rays every minute, sometimes they hit just the right place in your DNA. That doesn't count all the electromagnetic radiation like wi-fi, radio, tv, cell phone and towers...

Ever hear of Carbon 14 used in radioactive dating of organic materials - its in your body almost everywhere. There's a whole of other isotopes in you too.

I think a lot of meds cause more problems than they solve. Start with good nutrition and supplement with good products.

Stress is the biggest killer IMHO, it works on you even when you are sleeping.

Learn to relax and enjoy the short ride on this planet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 04:45 PM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 3,079 Times in 1,682 Posts

I have twice had my Olmesartan medicines recalled. I notice my most recent RX the pills are larger and yellow indicating to me that the formulation has been changed significantly.

The last recall, a representative of the Chinese manufacturer returned my call and asked for my pills.

Nope, I am keeping the evidence thank you.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:47 PM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 3,079 Times in 1,682 Posts

[QUOTE=JL1;19836314(snip)Beginning to believe my theory that those in power are slowly killing off the population is not so crazy. Poisoning us slowly with meds, food, water. Anything else?[/QUOTE]

Its those billionaire 1% er's trying to get the last bit of our money. They are killing the host.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:57 AM
Master Mason

Thanked 5,977 Times in 1,748 Posts

I was on Valsarten, then they recalled that. Then Losarten, then they recalled that. Forget it. I just do cardio now and no salt.

My blood pressure is good now. I hate pharmaceutical companies.

May cause cancer my ***.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 23,488 Times in 8,218 Posts

That's why I take lithium instead of that new crap.

1. New stuff costs the earth, lithium is $3 a month.
2. Lithium side effects are known and easily managed.
3. They actually give lithium to cancer patients to boost their immunity.
4. Lithium gives awesome symptom control.

I am always asking for the old stuff. The newest thing I take is still off patent so at least 20 years old.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Hunter

Thanked 4,641 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greif View Post
One thing they have in common is they are made in China, the carcinogen is not an active ingredient so is China poisoning US citizens slowly?

Donít give them any ideas.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2019, 12:12 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,526 Times in 1,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greif View Post
Look at how the pharmacist discovered it. He found it while compounding it for his daughters Rx. They think it is something that happens in the manufacturing process or it has a chemical change afterwards during storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 12:46 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,704 Times in 1,418 Posts

I do sublingual EDTA chelation, just two mornings per week. I do it for leg circulation but it's supposed to have other benefits too.

Yes, I know it's anecdotal but so is vitamin C for colds and I haven't had a cold for decades.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:25 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,308 Times in 3,838 Posts

I use to smoke, my doctor suggested getting my bladder scoped as a part of my screenings. I wasnít getting it done but i asked him why anyway.
He said smokers are at risk of bladder cancer because the byproducts of smoke in your saliva. Constant swallowing sendsit all to your bladder.

Sorry to hear about your problems and I wish you well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 08:19 AM
Target Shooter

The ingredients are NDMA and NDEA. These are KNOWN to cause cancer. THEY are NOT just some accidental thing that got got into the mix but they are specific ingredients in these medications. LOOK IT UP. I bought some black rubber washers the other day and they have a warning on the package that says they contain a cancer causing ingredient. So do black rubber boat trailer rollers. They don't say CAN POSSIBLY CAUSE CANCER they say THESE INGREDIENTS CAUSE CANCER. Take it for what it's worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearsclaw 73 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 09:18 AM

Valar Morghulis
The Following User Says Thank You to whill44 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 02:51 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,351 Times in 3,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Don’t give them any ideas.

They already did dry runs with pet food

And they keep on doing it

It's not just prescriptions, it's also OTC and supplements and food and health/beauty products and toys and...

If we can't stop them from doing it to our pets, what makes anyone think we can stop them from doing it to us and our kids/grandkids/great grandkids/parents
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post: