ATF Does About-Face on Ammo Ban, Calls It ¯Publishing Mistake¯ - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guardian Newspaper May Face Terrorism Charges For Publishing Snowden Leaks Sal4liberty Controversial News and Alternative Politics 5 12-04-2013 04:44 PM
EBook platform publishing tool Jaqhama Books, Movies & Stories 0 11-17-2013 06:58 PM
Self Publishing vs Publishing House? Airgun Sniper Books, Movies & Stories 34 08-21-2013 05:36 PM
Desmond Tutu calls for Bush, Blair to face Hague Timbersawz Political News and Discussion 5 09-04-2012 01:24 PM
Halffast Publishing ZenEngineer Books, Movies & Stories 0 05-26-2011 12:42 AM
publishing names of gun owners enlightened-one Firearms General Discussion 21 03-09-2011 08:36 AM
The Death of Publishing HowardRoark Books, Movies & Stories 1 03-28-2010 09:32 AM
Need help with desktop publishing crankyfarmer The Tech Zone 3 03-14-2008 11:58 AM

Old 03-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Sic semper tyrannis.

Thanked 19,614 Times in 5,797 Posts

Advertise Here

Simply disinformation tactics.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 04:04 PM
... --- ...

Thanked 45,866 Times in 10,739 Posts

On a midly related note, I just went in to one of the 2 wal-marts I frequent, and ran into my regular ammo-counter guy, and he said he sold all 7 boxes that came in that day of ZQ1 62.gr 5.56 SS109 to a single guy earlier that morning .
I guess I can't complain (much) because I was the guy that snagged all 4 available boxes, on two different days last week.
They're even still selling these 30-rd boxes for $9.99, I'm hoping I can luck into a few more before the Ides of March !!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MIL-DOT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,885 Times in 9,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
Simply disinformation tactics.
Sounds like smoke and mirrors if that is the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dram1 View Post
Paragraph 2 says they have not banned SS109 and M855.
Paragraph 1 says they intend to ban SS109 and M855. Public comment ends March 16, 2015.
See
http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...g_purposes.pdf

Exactly! Folks this doesn't mean 855/109's are staying legal, just that a scribners error/publishing oversight caused confusion. The BATF still intends to ban these rounds so keep your eye on this, just a matter of when it's banned not if.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaEagle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,322 Posts

The ATF has run into a much bigger storm this time. What was it 100 congressmen all signed a letter saying 'not a good idea'. And Im sure the ATF has heard about the bill being offered that would eliminate them completely. Probably werent expecting that.

But comes down to it, the ATF doesnt have to do anything, Obama can sign an executive order and thats that.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:18 PM
M.R. Not

Thanked 7,649 Times in 3,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomofSpeech View Post
Of course, I hope you're kidding about $1 rd.
Yes j/k ... but I'll bet there are some guys out there who wish they had already stocked up at less than $300/1000 rounds.

Rancher
Old 03-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Sic semper tyrannis.

Thanked 19,614 Times in 5,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
Yes j/k ... but I'll bet there are some guys out there who wish they had already stocked up at less than $300/1000 rounds.

Rancher
That's me for sure. I have not seen a price like that post Newtown.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Threepin'

Thanked 6,831 Times in 2,180 Posts

“The existing exemptions for armor piercing ammunition, which apply to 5.56 mm SS 109 and M855 projectiles… and the U.S. .30-06 M2AP projectile… remain in effect.”

Indeed. This is pretty straight forward. There is no "about-face." Here they have clarified that it is not currently banned, or not without an exemption. They still fully intend to ban it. Hence the whole proposal of banning M855 in the first place. If anyone thinks leaving it open for comments is achieving anything, they're mistaken. Don't let them lull you into a sense that your words or stances actually matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to querulous For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 05:30 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

They need to get rid of the ATF. The last time they started to, the Waco raid was staged on the day of the congressional hearings to disband them. They are so corrupt, I think even congress is afraid of them
Old 03-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Don't start no mess

Thanked 11,907 Times in 3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
They need to get rid of the ATF. The last time they started to, the Waco raid was staged on the day of the congressional hearings to disband them. They are so corrupt, I think even congress is afraid of them
Seriously? I did not know that. Effn amazing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revision For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Pot-stirring nest-poker!

Thanked 8,729 Times in 2,189 Posts

Quote:
It's too late, let's get this bill passed.

H.R. 1329 The ATF Elimination Act
To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/114/hr1329

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...imination-act/
Google says:

"H.R.1329 - Marine Turtle Conservation Reauthorization Act of 2013"
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMonsantoPlanto For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,899 Posts

Actually, it might be worse than it appears: what they really decided to stop with the correction is buying frenzy on OTHER AR ammo. Remember the thread called "Idiots". That is what they don't like.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:38 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 68,067 Times in 20,789 Posts

Quote:
It's too late, let's get this bill passed.

H.R. 1329 The ATF Elimination Act
To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/114/hr1329

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...imination-act/

Thanks, I PopVoxed it. (46 votes so far. 100% in favor of disbanding the ATF.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ycw2gKlXo0
Old 03-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,129 Times in 934 Posts

I just can't agree with you on this. In principal, of course there is merit in your words.
But the very gun community that frequently rails against the price of ammo and it's limited availability then exhibits hoarder mentality at the slightest whif of a market change thus driving up prices and leaving others with none. This time, on a rumor-based misinterpretation all due to on an error of omission. It actually took the BATF to tweet, 'um, dudes, you're going nuts for nothing'. They must be laughing at the home office.
Worse yet, they (or 'we' I suppose) do it to themselves every time.
It is pitiful and selfish behavior and it is repeatedly evidenced, ironically by members of a community who claim that they should ban together for the preservation of their rights.
It's kind of like complaining about outsourced jobs and then shopping at Walmart.
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Any store of ammunition in private hands is a good thing. If it got there via hysteria, so be it. If it got there via canny bargaining and selection, so be it. Private stocks of ammo equals power to the people.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:54 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,129 Times in 934 Posts

I applaud you. Folks like CTD (and now Lucky Gunner I suppose) don't understand that short-term profit taking is not conducive to long-term success. They sell to a community and many communities have collective memory, though I'm not sure that this is the case in the gun community.
I used to buy from CTD until they gouged when times were difficult. They showed their colors and though I still receive their stupid paper catalog, I haven't given them a cent. If the same is true for LG, I will become an ex-buyer as well.
The only way this community will affect behavior of these bad and opportunistic actors is by a show of money. Or rather, a show of no-money.
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikov47 View Post
As an online retailer myself who has been in business for more than 15 years I know the difference between supply and demand and price gouging, recently one of the very few competitors we have announced they were going out of business and aren't restocking their inventory, I could be greedy and jack the prices way up but pigs get slaughtered and I'm not really into cutting my own throat, we've kept our prices the same and will only raise them when we get increases from the manufacturer.
The Following User Says Thank You to BingoFuelUSN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 12:55 AM
Ringin Your Gong From 600

Thanked 11,417 Times in 4,430 Posts

I would love to know what the need the ATF fills that other agencies do not, at least on the enforcement side of things.
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkbern For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 12:57 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 68,067 Times in 20,789 Posts

If you look at the Blaze article again, an Editor's note has been added.

"Editor’s Note:
This story has been updated to reflect that the ATF has not done an 'about-face' on the idea of banning certain ammunition as TheBlaze initially described. The bureau clarified there is no current ban on M855 cartridges, after one of their publications indicated it might have already taken effect. However, there still is the possibility a ban could happen in the near future, as the ATF is still considering that option. Read the updated story for a fuller description."
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...shing-mistake/
Old 03-10-2015, 09:49 AM
that's like, your opinion

Thanked 24,329 Times in 10,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by querulous View Post
“The existing exemptions for armor piercing ammunition, which apply to 5.56 mm SS 109 and M855 projectiles… and the U.S. .30-06 M2AP projectile… remain in effect.”

Indeed. This is pretty straight forward. There is no "about-face." Here they have clarified that it is not currently banned, or not without an exemption. They still fully intend to ban it. Hence the whole proposal of banning M855 in the first place. If anyone thinks leaving it open for comments is achieving anything, they're mistaken. Don't let them lull you into a sense that your words or stances actually matter.
so why did 7n6 not make the exemption list???
Old 03-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Hiker

--As an online retailer myself --
Which store, sir?
Old 03-10-2015, 01:58 PM
I choose freewill....

Thanked 4,266 Times in 1,378 Posts
Exclamation BRKG!!! ATF NOT going to do it!!

Faced with strong opposition in both houses of Congress, the ATF has decided not to issue a ban on a widely used type of ammunition.

From Fox News.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FreedomofSpeech For This Useful Post: