Colorado magazine ban? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 11-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 34,197 Times in 8,788 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcD View Post
I have no opinion on any bans, just your misguided analogy.
Does that mean that you arenít opposed to any ban relating to 2A rights?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 07:48 PM
Proud American Patriot

Thanked 7,849 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-8.xls

You have an interesting and abrasive style. You're wrong, but it's interesting nonetheless. It's clear by the numbers shown that mass homicides by fire are the biggest concern.

Murder victims by weapon 2014-2018
364 homicides committed w/ fire
48,549 homicides committed w/ firearm
Now I see where your 40k number comes from (though your link to the FBI site didn't work): you are referring to since 2014; I saw it as in 2014.

It doesn't matter though, because as I said, more effective weapons not being used more often does not mean more effective weapons are not available. The lie your side bases its entire campaign on is that so-called assault weapons give a killer a capability he would not have if that kind of weapon was outlawed. My argument shows the lie in that assertion. And without that premise, there is no basis for the attempt to outlaw 20th Century arms (or limit magazine capacity).

Your entire line of argument on this thread is a red herring: irrelevant information brought in to confuse an issue. That makes you either a fool or a liar. Since you continue with that line even after the flaw in it was clearly explained, it is more likely that you are a liar. But probably a fool too, to think such a pitiful lie would fly here.

As I've pointed out before, it seems like we only get the bottom of the barrel liberal propagandists here. And they never get tired of proving that. It's kind of insulting though that they apparently think anyone here would buy such outlandish lies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprogramming services For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
The fact that people aren't using bombs or other options more often is only because guns are more individualized and our culture is used to seeing them as a solution....
Take them away, and the nut jobs and criminals will find better tools in a heartbeat.
So, those intent on murdering as many people as possible purposely choose the least effective weapon, the firearm? Seriously? Is that really what you're saying? What a crock!

Let me get out of this thread so I don't lose brain cells reading some of the posts above (and right below) me.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKersey View Post
Well, arrogant new guy, having a brain is a prerequisite before you’d be in jeopardy of loosing any brain cells. You’ve proven yourself to be in no danger.
"Loosing" Really? You could not have proven my point any better if you tried, Mr. K - Thank you!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:19 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 34,197 Times in 8,788 Posts

Quote:
Let me get out of this thread so I don't lose brain cells......
Well, arrogant new guy, having a brain is a prerequisite before you’d be in jeopardy of loosing any brain cells. You’ve proven yourself to be exempt from harm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 12:22 PM
Proud American Patriot

Thanked 7,849 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
So, those intent on murdering as many people as possible purposely choose the least effective weapon, the firearm? Seriously? Is that really what you're saying? What a crock!
This is one of the dumbest comments this propagandist has made yet. Nobody here claimed that these killers "purposely choose the least effective weapon" as he claims. His assertion is a clumsy and obvious straw man, which is a type of lie, which makes him, once again, a liar. He has no response to the argument presented to him so he invents a fake argument and cuts it down instead. And he does it in a clumsy way that shows him clearly to be a liar.

Quote:
Let me get out of this thread so I don't lose brain cells reading some of the posts above (and right below) me.
I hope it wasn't something we said... But as the saying goes, don't go away mad, just go away.

Actually I kind of appreciate it when an anti-gun bigot comes around and presents the lies of gun control here so they can be shown to be the lies they are. But I would prefer a better liar than this one. Go see if you can get your big brother to come in and help you out.

Quote:
"Loosing" Really? You could not have proven my point any better if you tried, Mr. K - Thank you!
Spelling errors are common on the internet, because this is informal writing and most of what's posted is a first draft and nobody cares; even a grammar nazi like me doesn't care about it. Claiming that a spelling error "proves" whatever point you are making is laughable in its absurdity. If that's what you present as proof that you're right, you ain't got nuthin.
The Following User Says Thank You to deprogramming services For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 12:36 PM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 5,867 Times in 1,394 Posts

Nearly all of the Rural Sheriff's through the CSOC have told those at the Denver Capital to "pound sand"! .....(along with some small town City Police Chief's) They said something to the tune of.... We will not uphold that law. We aren't going to look for mags over capacity that were purchased after the law, because it is ridiculous to begin with and it is unenforceable.

I have heard it estimated that upwards of 75% of the 30 round mags in Colorado are legal, as they were purchased prior to the law.

Here's a great article.... 11 have been sentenced since 2013.

https://www.kunc.org/post/six-years-...e-ban#stream/0

Here's the Top 10 in the state. I would avoid Jefferson, Denver, Arapahoe and Adams.... and I certainly wouldn't spend any of my money in those counties. I certainly wouldn't live there.

County Court: Cases Sentences
Jefferson County 20 2
Denver District 16 1
Arapahoe County 11 4
Adams County 10 2
El Paso County 9 0
Pueblo County 8 0
Alamosa County 4 0
Lake County 4 0
Weld County 4 0
Douglas County 2 0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 07:21 PM

Mag ban is like the seatbelt law. Some states its a secondary offense. You will get a ticket for it only if you were pulled over for another offense.

They wont do anything with the high-cap mag unless you are caught with it. Then they will hang you with it.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,811 Posts

Hang you with it?....maybe, maybe not, it depends. It's not etched in stone that they do. It is however in the hands of local or county law enforcement. Who may view enforcing a ban more of a nuisance than anything else, especially if they're hauling mom and pop, their neighbors and friends, down to the station like they were bad guys.

If you think about it, these magazine bans rely heavily on local law enforcement participation to work. If local law enforcement decides it's a waste of their time, then the nothing really happens. If you care to take a look at compliance numbers in states that have enacted such bans, in many instances the compliance numbers barely break double digits.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:08 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 8,284 Times in 1,827 Posts

It comes down to burden of proof. Regardless of weather LE or a DA want to prosecute, it still comes down to proving the magazine was obtained post ban. Given that magazines aren't date stamped, unless the accused was born after the ban date, it's unenforceable.

Gun stores selling magazines are not breaking the law. Magazines are mechanical devices. Parts wear out. It's legal for them to sell complete sets of replacement parts. It's legal for people who own pre-ban mags to purchase parts for repair.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
It comes down to burden of proof. Regardless of weather LE or a DA want to prosecute, it still comes down to proving the magazine was obtained post ban. Given that magazines aren't date stamped, unless the accused was born after the ban date, it's unenforceable.

Gun stores selling magazines are not breaking the law. Magazines are mechanical devices. Parts wear out. It's legal for them to sell complete sets of replacement parts. It's legal for people who own pre-ban mags to purchase parts for repair.

Banned magazines were stamped (roll marked) between 1994 and 2014. That was because the law was federal. As you point out individual states have the burden of proof and without the magazine being stamped there is no way to tell. Which is probably why they don't grandfather older magazines.