Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 11-18-2019, 09:12 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Thanked 1,035 Times in 617 Posts
Default Candidate joseph biden

Advertise Here

Does any Roman Catholic have an opinion on whether Mr Biden - based only upon his espoused public policy positions - is a Catholic in good standing. Does the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops allow him to receive the sacraments? Should they?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
Does any Roman Catholic have an opinion on whether Mr Biden - based only upon his espoused public policy positions - is a Catholic in good standing. Does the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops allow him to receive the sacraments? Should they?
Dunno; that consideration is above my pay-grade as I am not his confessor.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogshak View Post
No sir. YOUR opinion is NOT above YOUR pay grade.

The question before you has more to do with the positions which he has publicly promulgated in pursuit of higher political office. It has nothing to do with matters in which he remains silent.

If you do not feel comfortable expressing your opinion - or being criticized for not expressing it - feel free to refrain from posting to this thread. I think we can all respect that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 10:09 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,515 Times in 1,644 Posts

Quote:
I know the priest here in SC denied him communion. My guess is because of his public stance on certain subjects. My opinion fwiw is that all these professing Catholics in Congress that are in favor of one unnamed subject alone should be denied. I also feel that individuals and churches that are in favor of and boast about certain vile democratic policies should stop claiming the name of Christ.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Hunter

Quote:

The question before you has more to do with the positions which he has publicly promulgated in pursuit of higher political office. It has nothing to do with matters in which he remains silent.

If you do not feel comfortable expressing your opinion - or being criticized for not expressing it - feel free to refrain from posting to this thread. I think we can all respect that.
Stifle yourself. I gave my opinion which you don't like.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:47 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,381 Times in 24,108 Posts

Quote:
I think that was his honest opinion. I would agree with it. We aren't God
Old 11-19-2019, 09:58 AM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,508 Posts

Any Christian politician whose stance on certain subjects that are in direct violation of Godís law are willfully, knowingly sinning with no desire for repentance. That disqualifies you from the communion table regardless of denomination. The same can be said for those who vote/support the impenitence that is an ongoing, and publicly declared aspect of the politicianís platform.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 11:09 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
Any Christian politician whose stance on certain subjects that are in direct violation of Godís law are willfully, knowingly sinning with no desire for repentance. That disqualifies you from the communion table regardless of denomination.
We peons in the pew do not make this judgment except in regard to ourselves and our own personal sins.
[24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
[36] Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
[37] He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
[38] The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
[39] The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
[40] As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
[41] The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
[42] And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
[43] Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. (Matthew 13)
The Following User Says Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 12:39 PM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,508 Posts

We canít, and arenít to presume we are qualified to judge anotherís salvation. We absolutely can judge if someone is breaking Godís law just as easily as judging if someone is breaking the speed limit. We all sin. We are called to recognize it, confess it, and repent (turn away from). When we can see another breaking Godís law with no indication that they intend to repent of it..... even a peon can discern the situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 03:30 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
We absolutely can judge if someone is breaking Godís law just as easily as judging if someone is breaking the speed limit.
I wasn't addressing whether or not someone appeared to be breaking a law. My response was addressing these questions of the OP:
Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
I wasn't addressing whether or not...
It is so disheartening and unjust to see the refusal of communion to nearly anyone and especially in this year and in this time. It is terrible if the bishops allow "communion wars" to once again influence the electorate.

Besides the hypocrisy involved and the violation of the spirit of canon law and of the Eucharist itself, this plays into the hands that could possibly re-elect a president whose moral turpitude has been defined by lies, insults, and deception.

If the bishops permit this, there will be greater attrition and further alienation from many, many thoughtful Catholics ó myself included.

DAVE PASINSKI
Fayetteville, New York
Old 11-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
We peons in the pew...
Who's worthy to receive? The connection between the communicant and Christ is direct. The minister merely delivers the host. To place himself in the transaction is presumptuous. As one of my favorite Franciscans is fond of saying, we must be "present to the presence."

Withholding the Eucharist is a clear example of the kind of clericalism that Pope Francis warns against. Of course, if one believes he has been "ontologically changed" by virtue of ordination into the Roman Catholic priesthood and therefore has become a superior being, he might presume that to withhold the host is his call. It isn't.

DON MILLER
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Old 11-19-2019, 07:08 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
Stifle yourself. I gave my opinion which you don't like.
The scandal of the reception of Eucharist issue was not that Vice President Joe Biden attempted to receive communion in good faith, but that he was denied communion. He was a government official and is now a candidate for the office of president and thus knows about the oath to support and defend the Constitution. The federal government has accepted *** vs. **** as law. Is Biden expected to pick and choose which laws he will support without going through a formal change process in Congress to alter or eliminate that law? I think not.

The priest who denies a visitor to his church community the Eucharist is guilty, in my mind, of judging another's heart and relationship to God in Jesus and of picking out a very well-known public figure to shame for his "sin" before the world. The priest's decision to refuse Eucharist only indicated to me that he does not understand the gospel well. Does he forget that even Judas shared in the last supper? Does he forget that Jesus did not humiliate the women caught in adultery, but asked "he who is without sin to caste the first stone?"

Did a political "itch" cause the priest to humiliate Biden? Did he not understand that the press would have a hay day with his choice to deny Biden's request to receive? Whose opinion was he worried about in his congregation when he made that decision? How many communicants would have noticed anyhow? Hopefully they were all occupied with what they were doing.

MARY JAEGER
Geneva, Illinois
Old 11-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
Very well. Has the infallible Holy Father weighed in on this matter? Should he? If or when he does, are you - as a faithful RC - prepared to fall into line, regardless where that line may lead?

KEYZER SOZE
California, USA
Old 11-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Totus tuus

Quote:
Very well. Has the infallible Holy Father weighed in on this matter? Should he? If or when he does, are you - as a faithful RC - prepared to fall into line, regardless where that line may lead?

KEYZER SOZE
California, USA
Keyzer Soze, Do you believe that someone who believes and personally embraces a government policy contrary to the Faith should, of their own accord, refrain from receiving the Holy Eucharist?
The Following User Says Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
Christopher Hale, a former faith adviser for President Barack Obama and a Catholic, points out that back in March of 2013, when Pope Francis was installed as the bishop of Rome, he invited both Biden and Nancy Pelosi Ė she's also Catholic -- to receive Communion. Hale said, "Look, Pope Francis says it so beautifully. The Eucharist [the Body of Chris] is not a prize for the perfect, but medicine for the sick."

Other Catholics have agreed. Chicago Archbishop Cardinal Blaise Cupich in July defended the giving of Holy Communion to pro-[expletive] politicians, saying, ďI think it would be counterproductive to impose sanctions, simply because they donít change anybodyís minds.Ē
https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values...paign-catholic

There was a time when the Catholic Church appeared to stand by solid Christian principles, 2000 years of faith, morals, tradition and all that. Maybe these values are still held in some corner of the most devout RC heart. Bravo. But it is undeniable that the current leadership of the Church - if it can even be referred to as such - is in disarray.

I hereby request all Christians pray for our fallen brethren.

Kyrie Eleison.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Hunter

Who in the heck are DAVE PASINSKI, DON MILLER, MARY JAEGER, and KEYZER SOZE that I must consider their thoughts on the distribution of the Eucharist in a Catholic Parish?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:14 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Keyzer Soze, Do you believe that someone who believes and personally embraces a government policy contrary to the Faith should, of their own accord, refrain from receiving the Holy Eucharist?
Absolutely. That is the proper thing thing to do until one decides of his own accord to repent of his sins. It is scandalous to do otherwise. Orthodox priests are prohibited from knowingly taking part is such a scandal.

Our priests will not offer the Eucharist - even to Orthodox Christians - who are not properly disposed to receive it. When in doubt, parishioners are advised to approach the sacrament of Confession before they approach the Chalice on Sunday. Our priests will hear confessions up until the start of the Divine Liturgy or by appointment.

For many centuries, that was norm in the RCC as well.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,621 Times in 6,016 Posts

Like I have said many times the best thing Joe Biden ever did for the USA was to watch his son Beau die. JMHO and S/FI!
Old 11-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
Who in the heck are DAVE PASINSKI, DON MILLER, MARY JAEGER, and KEYZER SOZE that I must consider their thoughts on the distribution of the Eucharist in a Catholic Parish?
All are practicing Roman Catholics who commented on Joseph Biden being denied the Eucharist in a RC parish church on October 27, 2019.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/opini...ying-eucharist

You do not need to consider their opinions. Just know that they had the courage to express such opinions in current climate of the RCC.