Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-19-2019, 09:10 AM
Prepared

Default Has anyone been to shoenbrunn colonial fair?

Advertise Here

The festival is this weekend, I was wondering if it would be worth the drive?
The pictures look nice from last year, I am in need of skills now, more than I do gear. Would this be a start to learning? If anyone lives around there do you know the cost of parking, or entrance fee?

Thanks
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2019, 12:41 AM

(I know I am responding after the event)
It is a decent event, but more of a trade show than a skills meet up, but they usually have some demonstrations throughout the weekend. Mostly there are vendors selling 18th century reenactment wares, some have decent primitive gear that can be used in the woods or just off grid. I have not been for a few years, but it was one of the better such events in Ohio. I do more than my share of long hunter and mountain man camps, hunts, and treks and use some of my gear in regular life. My candle lanterns and wool blankets are always ready for a power outage and I carry my long hunter stag handled knife for EDC. I also wear my moccasins regularly.

If you went, let me know how you liked it.

The Following User Says Thank You to NorthernWoods For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:53 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,563 Times in 9,116 Posts

If you like that you might like a Youtube channel called Townsends. He does a lot of 18th century cooking and talks about how people lived during colonial times in the 18th century as well as build things. They are in the process of building a log cabin like they did in the 1700's with the same type of tools and showing what they are doing in segments. He also makes and sells clothing and different things for those who want to get into reenacting those times.

I have been watching his channel for close to 4 years now.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Prepared

Thank you both for your reply. I ended up looking at a property in the other direction that weekend. I should have postponed the walk through so as to not miss it. Next year I will be there, until then I have the videos from Txplowgirl. Hopefully I will have a better understanding of what I need to know, and be able to know what to purchase, and what I can make myself.

I went to the Atwood festival and the pioneer campers and the wagon train group was the best part.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:20 PM

I've seen a few of Jas ' youtube videos. Not too bad. I have bought a couple odds and ends over the years from him, but for the most part his stuff is not very authentic or quality. He sells mostly to bulk vendors and newbie reenactors. Most of it isn't authentic or handmade or handsewn, etc.