question re: AK47 from PSA - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2019, 09:01 AM
laralynx laralynx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Thanks: 17
Thanked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
I recommend Arsenal, because it is better
No it's not.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Jack Swilling's Avatar
Jack Swilling Jack Swilling is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 3,108
Thanks: 5,168
Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,229 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralynx View Post
No it's not.
You get what you want
I will do the same
Century Arms v Arsenal
I take Arsenal every day, any day
Plus they have the best mags period
Good luck with century arms
If you cannot afford the best then settle on the lesser
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2019, 05:14 PM
Pitbull_Dallas's Avatar
Pitbull_Dallas Pitbull_Dallas is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 9,957
Thanks: 11,440
Thanked 29,139 Times in 7,606 Posts
Default

I came across this yesterday. It was posted 3 months ago, so it's current. Hope it helps..

Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Pitbull_Dallas's Avatar
Pitbull_Dallas Pitbull_Dallas is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 9,957
Thanks: 11,440
Thanked 29,139 Times in 7,606 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralynx View Post
I recommend Century Arms C39v2. 100% American made. Upper is milled from one piece of steel. An awesome piece of weaponry.
It's an ok piece of weaponry. I've had one for a few years and it shoots fine. Milled receiver is a plus and so is American made (think import bans), but no chrome lined barrel is a bug minus. Youre gonna be replacing it sooner than you think. If it breaks, you're gonna have a problem, since Century does not sell replacement parts. Since it was modeled after the Polish AK, many of the Polish parts will fit, but it's on you to make sure they do and operate correctly. Century doesn't do repairs either, unless it a warranty issue. Would I buy another, no. Not to mention the msrp on them is now $900. If your gonna spend that kinda cash, might as well add a few hundred and get a Cadillac. If I ever do buy another AK it's going the be an Arsenal.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pitbull_Dallas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Spirewalk Spirewalk is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 620
Thanks: 170
Thanked 1,126 Times in 342 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
I have never understood why some people are so willing to fund our sworn enemies by buying arms from them.
Palmetto State manufactured AKs are made in South Carolina. A Southern state ain't my enemy, yankee.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirewalk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 01:14 PM
JDH's Avatar
JDH JDH is online now
Si vis pacem, para bellum
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,554
Thanks: 690
Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirewalk View Post
Palmetto State manufactured AKs are made in South Carolina. A Southern state ain't my enemy, yankee.
Assembled not manufactured.

And my little brother is the only one in the family born north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

What ammo do you shoot in your “made in the USA” AK?
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Spirewalk Spirewalk is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 620
Thanks: 170
Thanked 1,126 Times in 342 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
Assembled not manufactured.

And my little brother is the only one in the family born north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

What ammo do you shoot in your “made in the USA” AK?
Meant to have a smiley face.

I don't own a PSA... my Saiga 7.62x39 is Russian, as is the ammo. But when it comes to people wishing to do me harm and take away my rights, the Russians are the least of my worries.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirewalk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 02:57 PM
JDH's Avatar
JDH JDH is online now
Si vis pacem, para bellum
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,554
Thanks: 690
Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirewalk View Post
Meant to have a smiley face.

I don't own a PSA... my Saiga 7.62x39 is Russian, as is the ammo. But when it comes to people wishing to do me harm and take away my rights, the Russians are the least of my worries.
Democrats?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDH For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:42 AM
laralynx laralynx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Thanks: 17
Thanked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas View Post
It's an ok piece of weaponry. I've had one for a few years and it shoots fine. Milled receiver is a plus and so is American made (think import bans), but no chrome lined barrel is a bug minus. Youre gonna be replacing it sooner than you think. If it breaks, you're gonna have a problem, since Century does not sell replacement parts. Since it was modeled after the Polish AK, many of the Polish parts will fit, but it's on you to make sure they do and operate correctly. Century doesn't do repairs either, unless it a warranty issue. Would I buy another, no. Not to mention the msrp on them is now $900. If your gonna spend that kinda cash, might as well add a few hundred and get a Cadillac. If I ever do buy another AK it's going the be an Arsenal.
Thanks for the info - I paid $667 net for it. The barrel is indeed chrome moly. Nitride treated which I have not problem with. One of the most comfortable and accurate out of the box rifles I've ever fired. I love it. I am thinking earlier versions might have had some common issues that ave been addressed in the later v2s.

Last edited by laralynx; 11-11-2019 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: error
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to laralynx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:45 AM
laralynx laralynx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 38
Thanks: 17
Thanked 44 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
You get what you want
I will do the same
Century Arms v Arsenal
I take Arsenal every day, any day
Plus they have the best mags period
Good luck with century arms
If you cannot afford the best then settle on the lesser
Interesting that you can tell what I can afford. What else do you think you know about me?

Last edited by laralynx; 11-11-2019 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: error
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Jack Swilling's Avatar
Jack Swilling Jack Swilling is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 3,108
Thanks: 5,168
Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,229 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralynx View Post
Interesting that you can tell what I can afford. What else do you think you know about me?
There is reading, but most importantly, there is comprehension
I never implied you could not afford whatever
I hope you are wealthy
But, you should consider the context, i.e. "if"
Then you can get whatever floats your boat
I could not care less what you buy
To answer your question, you are too easily offended
Too easily butt-hurt
And, you assume the worst when you do not take the time to comprehend plain english
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 11:17 AM
hoplite59 hoplite59 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 5,233
Thanks: 10,754
Thanked 11,503 Times in 3,326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralynx View Post
No it's not.
Do you own an Arsenal and have come to that conclusion or is it sour grapes because you don't want to lay out the cash for one ? I've owned Arsenals for a while and have yet to be dissappointed in the purchases. Please don't tell me the Arsenal is the same as a WASR or PAP. I own all three and can tell you the Arsenal is much more refined relative to build quality etc. You can't compare a ford or chevy to a cadillac.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net