AR15 Gun Buy-back or Confiscation - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 11-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 8,314 Times in 1,834 Posts

Advertise Here

Gun confiscation won't be done by officer friendly wanting to talk it out. It will be an ABC stack at your front door that knocks with flash bangs right before they shoot your dog, then drag you off in cuffs and rip your house apart.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 10:33 PM
I give up

Thanked 18,874 Times in 4,910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
Gun confiscation won't be done by officer friendly wanting to talk it out. It will be an ABC stack at your front door that knocks with flash bangs right before they shoot your dog, then drag you off in cuffs and rip your house apart.
If it comes to such,,,,

That tactic will work for a while, a few times in one general location, then in random places. Then it won't work again, ever.

People are already simmering at the "red flag" laws and there are generally "actual, articulated risks" behind these confiscations. If it moves to aggressive widespread gun confiscation, there is only one choice.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 05:15 AM
Prepared

Food for thought.........
the U.S. Census Bureau estimates the U.S population to be 329,784,700 as of October 8, 2019 and

The population is distributed by age as follows:

0–14 years: 18.62% (male 31,255,995/female 29,919,938)
15–24 years: 13.12% (male 22,213,952/female 21,137,826)
25–54 years: 39.29% (male 64,528,673/female 64,334,499)
55–64 years: 12.94% (male 20,357,880/female 21,821,976)
65 years and over: 16.03% (male 22,678,235/female 28,376,817)

that is 81.38 of the population being over the age of 15. even if we assume those 15-17 and equally distributed amount he 15-24 age bracket that would be 3.96(15-17) so call it 4% that leaves 77% +/- of the estimated population would be over the age of 18..

77% of 329,784,700 = 253934219 its estimated that only 1/3 so 33% of adults in the US actually own at least 1 firearm. Thats 83798292.27 adults in the us owning firearms. call that 84 million adults owning at least 1 gun. That is an estimate of adults owning legally purchased firearms.

Sure some adults live with other adults. but thats 84 million grown a$$ adults owning at least 1 firearm.

Now there are over 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies around the United States, and it is estimated that there are between 750,000 and 850,000 sworn officers. lets round that to a cool million.

If all 1 million gave up all their duties with exception of confiscating firearms and worked in 5 man door kicking teams with out taking any losses at all no sick days assuming every LEO participated thats 200000 teams across the country.

Assume all 84mil adults are either married or have 1 adult roommate thats 42mil households /200000 teams thats 210 door kicking events. nation wide if each team runs 2x a day thats 400000 raids a day. non stop it would take 105 days to get to every household. That even doesnt include planing and traveling to all 42mil households. highly doubtful they could pull this off for more than 2 days with out someone raising the preverbial red flag over phone email and social medial alerting everyone else of whats coming.

Then lets remember there are all those other guns out there illegal guns, illegal possessors guns passed down through family no one really knows about. etc.

numbers are a little off just found this
"As of 2017, Gallup found that 42 percent of American households reported owning guns. With an estimated 118 million households in the United States, per the U.S. Census, that would mean that the country's 393 million guns are distributed among 50 million households."

Even if you go off of the conservative numbers for just "modern sporting rifles" 16-20 million. That is still a whole lot of visits they'd have to pull off with out anyone finding out.

Just siting here at work bored....just saying
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 273andme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 05:16 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
There isnt enough man power or flash bangs to pull that off in 50mil +/- households nationwide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 273andme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
There isnt enough man power or flash bangs to pull that off in 50mil +/- households nationwide.
Put 50 people in a room under threat, and then very openly and blatantly brutalize just one of them as an example, and how many of the remaining 49 will cave? And you dont even have to use violence, just ask the IRS, theyve been doing it for decades.

How many here still "allow" the IRS to dock you wages every paycheck? Enjoying the fruits of your labor without giving any of it up, is a "right" too.

This isnt some sort of new thing, its been going on since the giddy up. The Germans and a few others have made very good use of it in the past 100 years alone, and it was very effective.

The Germans in WWII are also a very good and well-documented example of how things work. There was "resistance", but it was basically at the level of an annoying fly in the whole scheme of things.

If you let things get to the point you need to actually use them, youve waited to long.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 59,412 Times in 19,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Put 50 people in a room under threat, and then very openly and blatantly brutalize just one of them as an example, and how many of the remaining 49 will cave? And you dont even have to use violence, just ask the IRS, theyve been doing it for decades.
all the smart ones.

But how many will be waiting for you in the dark outside your door?
3% of 330 mil is a.large number.

How many here still "allow" the IRS to dock you wages every paycheck? Enjoying the fruits of your labor without giving any of it up, is a "right" too.
how.many people 'go gault' and either work for cash or do the self employed/write off thing?

Answer: more than 3%

This isnt some sort of new thing, its been going on since the giddy up. The Germans and a few others have made very good use of it in the past 100 years alone, and it was very effective.

The Germans in WWII are also a very good and well-documented example of how things work. There was "resistance", but it was basically at the level of an annoying fly in the whole scheme of things.

If you let things get to the point you need to actually use them, youve waited to long.
Your right, but again:
3% of 330,000,000 = 9,900,000
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,476 Posts

Numbers always look good, until it comes down to actually doing something.

Not saying there wont be resistance, and I certainly hope there is. Just dont be surprised if the number you think is showing up, turns out to be a LOT less than what you actually get.

And thats going to be the number you get to "start" with, dont count on it holding as things get warm.

Went through something similar (and it wasnt even on this sort of level) in the 90's with some people, and it turned out, the toughest, tough guy, big mouth talkers, were the ones missing when things started to get warm and people were really needed to show up.

Of course, when things calmed down, and the heat was off, they were right back to being the tough-talking big mouths and tough guys. Learned a lot from that.

Just make sure you REALLY know who has your back.

The only ones you can really count on, are those that helped you bury the bodies. Seriously!

As far as "going Gault" anymore, I think thats getting to be a lot more difficult. Maybe on a very small scale in the right places, but even here in the hinterlands, more and more, most dont even carry cash, and everyone has a smartphone and Book Face is a lifestyle.

Maybe go Amish, that way you can use religion as an excuse (for the time being) not to have to do what everyone else is doing, and the illusion youre not a threat.

Im betting you'd look good in a bowl cut, beard, and straw hat though.

And what is that thing there on a tripod you got there in the back of your wagon son?
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,876 Times in 9,289 Posts

I can hand them a pile of burned barrels and what is left of the receivers including some identifiable ARs.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 59,412 Times in 19,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Numbers always look good, until it comes down to actually doing something.

Not saying there wont be resistance, and I certainly hope there is. Just dont be surprised if the number you think is showing up, turns out to be a LOT less than what you actually get.
people use the 3% because that's the number they say is the lowest possible # that the revolutionary war was fought with. (As I'm sure you know)
know
I wouldn't get on 10% of that.

But:
Remember 9/11?
How many of them were there?

How many people shooting at transformers would it take to put the lights out?

And thats going to be the number you get to "start" with, dont count on it holding as things get warm.

Very true. That's why 'leaderless resistance ' is such a good idea.

Went through something similar (and it wasnt even on this sort of level) in the 90's with some people, and it turned out, the toughest, tough guy, big mouth talkers, were the ones missing when things started to get warm and people were really needed to show up.

And how!

I sat up the night before we flew out of 29 palms because 'that guy' was crying like a baby about going to Iraq to get shot at.

(He DID end up getting blown up and then commuting suicide when the VA wouldn't help him, so.....)

Of course, when things calmed down, and the heat was off, they were right back to being the tough-talking big mouths and tough guys. Learned a lot from that.
Yep

Just make sure you REALLY know who has your back.
You can count the people you can count on on the thumbs of one hand.

But back when I was a lowly nonrate:
I had a plan that I had gone around and looked at to spike all the vehicles in motor T and mess up the dial on the vault the weapons were in.

When it failed it took 3 days for the locksmith to drill it out. I know, I got to stand part of the 24 hour guard

One lowly Marine could of left a company with no weapons and no vehicles.... for a minimum of 3 days.

You think there aren't Marines like that out there right now?

EXCELLENT CHANCE I would not of been found out.

The only ones you can really count on, are those that helped you bury the bodies. Seriously!
agreed

As far as "going Gault" anymore, I think thats getting to be a lot more difficult. Maybe on a very small scale in the right places, but even here in the hinterlands, more and more, most dont even carry cash, and everyone has a smartphone and Book Face is a lifestyle.
smartphones will be the biggest problem. But plenty of people with cash, gold, silver etc. and people trade...

Maybe go Amish, that way you can use religion as an excuse (for the time being) not to have to do what everyone else is doing, and the illusion youre not a threat.

Im betting you'd look good in a bowl cut, beard, and straw hat though.

And what is that thing there on a tripod you got there in the back of your wagon son?
I'm pretty well off the active list, at this point I'm just going to give away my guns and ammo and fade away into the hills.

OTOH: Catch me on a bad day....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 19,996 Times in 5,187 Posts

In my state it's illegal for any gov't entity to confiscate guns, at any level.
The Feds can pass whatever law they want, KS LE can't legally enforce it.
And, most wouldn't anyway.

The Feds don't have the resources to do it themselves, so it becomes moot.
Besides, how many fire fights do they have to have before they start running out of volunteers for the confiscation teams?

What a **** detail that would be... gun confiscator. Yikes.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Prepared

They wont go door to door.

They will grandfather and make it illegal to transfer to your family. When you die, your family will be forced to hand them in.

How so? Seen the chips in the DL? That is how.
But you say, how are they gonna get all the guns off the street before the chip ID. Simple, your family wont be able to take your AR out to a public range and that makes it all but useless...cant shoot it, cant train with it ane cant be seen in public with it...IT JUST WONT BE WORTH THE HASSLE and they will turn it in and talk about how crazy dad/gramps was.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armtx77 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 19,996 Times in 5,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armtx77 View Post
They wont go door to door.

They will grandfather and make it illegal to transfer to your family. When you die, your family will be forced to hand them in.

How so? Seen the chips in the DL? That is how.
But you say, how are they gonna get all the guns off the street before the chip ID. Simple, your family wont be able to take your AR out to a public range and that makes it all but useless...cant shoot it, cant train with it ane cant be seen in public with it...IT JUST WONT BE WORTH THE HASSLE and they will turn it in and talk about how crazy dad/gramps was.
Perhaps, but I'll be gone then so it's on them.
Besides, my kids already own AR's.
I'll make sure my grand kids do too. At birth.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
When the day comes that there is a knock on the door, and some leftist LEO's demand a gun owners AR15's..... I am wondering what the gun owner will do????

What if the gun owner hands the LEO's a stripped lower or two and explains that they sold the other parts a while back?

How in the heck will the Govt deal with this action by gun owners?

I am sure a search of the house will ensue.... but when no scary guns are found.... What will they do? What can they legally do?

Well ... given that confiscating the guns in the first place is completely illegal, I would imagine that the law will not stand in their way after they do not get your guns. I suppose you will be dragged out of your homes and labeled as part of "The Resistance" and you will be tossed into some makeshift jail until you turn over your guns. Unless of course you kill them at the front door.
The Following User Says Thank You to gravedigger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 273andme View Post
Food for thought.........

Now there are over 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies around the United States, and it is estimated that there are between 750,000 and 850,000 sworn officers. lets round that to a cool million.
Those numbers ignore the liberals bringing in ten million Communists Chinese, another three million Mexicans, etc. to do their bidding. There are a lot of people around the world who would LOVE to be given Carte Blanche to take guns away from Americans.
The Following User Says Thank You to gravedigger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,405 Times in 1,371 Posts

The Serbian/Bosnian war is a good example of what might happen. Got so bad they had to bring in the UN and NATO to settle things out. And this was in most folks generation on this board. Amazed at how gruesome people can be when forced into a corner and how quickly it can happen.

Point being, not exactly sure of what will happen once things start (in reality it has started some time ago). But I would wager that if people can still maintain a quality of life, they will 'comply'. Only when it gets so bad complicit folks will be forced to take action.

Felons and criminals already experience this, that is why it so easy for them to keep 'doing bad', as they have VERY limited options.

Death by a thousand cuts is still very effective as you still die at the end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLW1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:56 AM
Hunter

Look at what happened with New Zealand and our “ gun buy back “ for most semi auto longarms.

One week people were paid a price. The next the price was almost doubled or almost halved.

Quite a few made more money by selling in individual parts rather than a whole.

Then a lot of the time people were told that they could t sell certain parts. But in keeping them would leave them with illegal parts
The Following User Says Thank You to MSTA57 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,027 Times in 4,234 Posts

They won't come to my door...plus they know where I work. If given the opportunity...I like the "blaze of glory" farewell...

ROCK6
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 25,013 Times in 6,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
They won't come to my door...plus they know where I work. If given the opportunity...I like the "blaze of glory" farewell...
Several of the local cops think like I do. I'm not worried about them.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 121,910 Times in 24,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
When the day comes that there is a knock on the door, and some leftist LEO's demand a gun owners AR15's..... I am wondering what the gun owner will do????

What if the gun owner hands the LEO's a stripped lower or two and explains that they sold the other parts a while back?

How in the heck will the Govt deal with this action by gun owners?

I am sure a search of the house will ensue.... but when no scary guns are found.... What will they do? What can they legally do?

They won't. Some people will comply, and the rest will have to hide, while they age, fall out of practice, and their guns slowly slide into obsolescence. In 50 years, today's 30 year old gun nut will be 80 years old, and if he hasn't been turned in to the authorities by his grandchildren, it is extremely unlikely those grandchildren will risk everything for a gun of a design that is, by then, well over a century old.

This is why we need to win now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 10:48 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,405 Times in 1,371 Posts

I guess if everyone can get deputized by their local sheriff, that would preclude them from the ban or any kind of confiscation???

Last edited by JLW1974; 11-22-2019 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: content