Anyone hear/use "Run Roadside" roadside assistance? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Advertise Here

I was looking around on the net for the same tools their offering in their packages and have found the same lockout set for about $43 to $44.00 less than what they're selling their lockout package for that includes the same training DVD and manual along with the 12 providers you need to sign up with. Their package for that is $209.95

The best price I have found that lockout set for to include tax with free shipping is $66.75 plus their $100.00 for the list of there providers that comes to a total of $166.75 versus spending at their cost of $209.95 thats a savings of $43.20

Go to ebay and type this in the search bar, OHJS4 and you will see the very same lockout set there for less than what their wanting for it. Ebay is not the only place it can found, there are other websites that list that set as well. If someone was going to actually purchase this package from them directly with the non communication people are and have been experiencing from them not to mention the issues that one poster has been experiencing in not receiving their tools. At least with ebay you have a tracking link on your items you've purchased so you can see the progress of it being shipped and transit status not to mention the savings you gain from it.

In total all an individual would need from this company would be their 12 list of providers and that's instant as it comes right to your email address, no waiting on shipping. Concerning jump boxes, again like the lockout set that also can purchased from other sources as well and probably for far less than the prices they have them listed for. That equates to another added savings.

I'm going to assume depending on a persons residing location and the volume of calls compounded by the time of the call would determine how much you would make per call X daily X weekly. That's not including mainteance X gas compounded by wear and tear on your automobile that your using. Yes, there is that, overhead costs like with most things. Have I personally made any moves in getting involved with them, no I have not, only looking at some variables.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 06:47 AM
HMFIC

Thanked 2,140 Times in 737 Posts

Just in case people are wondering, I LONG ago decided to not try this. This was months and months ago. I've found a few jobs since then, and I'm starting yet again, tomorrow, at something that will at least be a very stable, long term thing, albeit for less money and not what I want to do.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:53 PM

Since it’s been a month I figured I’d see if anyone has had any success with the company yet?
Old 11-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Live Free or Die

Thanked 13,201 Times in 3,051 Posts

If you really want to do this, do it for yourself. Especially if you have the skills and tools already. Lockout are easy for 85% of all vehicles these days. You just need the right tools and watch a few vids on how to use them.

https://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Strong-...SIN=B07751F8Y3

Buy the bags, the reach tool and the wedge. The wedge is semi optional, but it does help. Get a decent jump box with an airpump and a gas can. If you do tire changes, get an aluminum speed jack and a cordless impact with at least 2 batteries. Then sign up with the providers. AAA(pays the least and hardest to qualify for) and the various insurance companies. It isn't hard to sign up. Some of them will start you on calls very quickly. The larger area you agree to service, the more calls you will get.

Old 01-20-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixx View Post
That's actually a pretty good idea you have there by making extra money selling batteries. I was not and am not wanting to change tires either. I want to get in and out as quickly as possible and move on to the next job. People don't have to buy a jump box through them, you can get a jump starter anywhere (Walmart too) just have to keep it charged. This seems to be the only site to find any information about run-roadside. They are not even coming up with the Better Business Bureau or rip off report.com or anywhere. The one review site is a different company called roadside assistance. I guess the $200 they want might be worth the risk as they could be reported for not giving you anything. I just don't know how good the list of companies giving out the jobs are, but if you actually receive the lockout tools and even make a few jobs you'd get your money back. But I would not want to get into it just to make $20 a job. On their craigslist ad it shows $1200-$2000 a week. So idk if that is possible or not but i wouldn't do it if i wasnt making at least $35-$60 per job. That's what they claim on their website. I also do not like the fact that their website list a phone number and says call or text 24/7 for support. They never answer tho. I am in Dallas and the ad i saw it and the website had a local 469 area code number so i thought it was legit, but they wont answer texts or calls or emails. Then i seen the same ad about a month later for Ft Worth and notice there was a 616 area code which is Michigan. That 616 number is now on their website but again won't answer for anything. I just hate to do business with a company that can't respond back not at all not even once. If I could ever get someone on the phone to answer a few questions I might try it tho. I have no way of knowing if anyone can make any decent money doing this. By decent I mean like they advertise $1200-$2000. That's the only reson i inquired about it.
If you can manage to get our 4-7 Jobs a day 5 days a week you'd clear the $1200 benchmark. 7-12 jobs a day 5 days a week to cover the $2000 benchmark. So on average 5.5jobs/day for an average of $1200 and 9.5 jobs/day to average $2000. So making over $1000 per week wouldn't be a difficult goal if you can actually pull the jobs necessary from their list. Also the listing I saw covered $1.50-$2.50/mile of travel so I imagine $2-$3/mile when you add the $0.50/mile tax deduction for 1099's. Waiting to hear more before I decide to make the plunge, but the opportunity seems to be there if they aren't full of crap anyway. Something will pop up about them eventually, just have to wait and see.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkEnvoy7 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 10:36 PM

Thank you to everyone who has done their homework and broken down the logistics in layman's terms. I agree their lack of communication seems sketchy, plus their website UX design and low res graphics scream RED FLAG to me as a designer.

I sincerely appreciate the advice of being a self-starter by obtaining the necessary tools to sign up as an independent contractor with roadside service providers (AAA/Nationwide, etc).

Godspeed!
Old 02-20-2020, 09:44 AM

I just saw a craigslist ad for this "company" on my local board. Like most people here, I went looking for details, which is how I found this board. Since I couldn't find much hard info, I used my nerd skills and did a little digging and wanted to share what I found.

Run Roadside LLC was incorporated in 2012 and dissolved in 2016, during that time the only registered agent was Meni Agababyev and the address on the registration goes back to an office in a small strip mall which is now a daycare center.
So yeah, scam.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:50 AM

correction for spelling.

name is Meni Agababayev. "Aka Meni Aga"

Google that name and you will be glad you didn't send him money.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:35 AM

Can anyone link where to buy the 12 providers list or the joint kit atleast i cant find it lol
Old 03-05-2020, 06:15 AM
Live Free or Die

Thanked 13,201 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htlp10-4 View Post
Can anyone link where to buy the 12 providers list or the joint kit atleast i cant find it lol
Seriously? You want to buy a list? Why? google 12 largest auto insurance companies. Go to their sites and look up "how to become a service provider" or something like that.
Here is a freebie: https://www.topconsumerreviews.com/r...ed-reviews.php
Old 03-05-2020, 08:04 AM

Bro thank u, i thought the "list of 12 providers" (if there even was a "cd you can buy") would already have the 12 providers in the pocket, i didnt know that we had to reach out and all that, thank you again
Old 03-12-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
I found the same page, it's not the specific company I'm looking for.
I saw the same ad and need work and willing to spend the money which is reasonable is this review legit itself sicne no one is commenting on this?
Old 03-31-2020, 09:41 PM

I've been thinking about joining run-roadside for a few months weighing the possible pros and cons.......are you still accepting gigs?
Old 04-24-2020, 01:25 PM

Default Waste of Money

Just wasted $130 for a basic password that just has links to companies you can sign up for. Its a scam and will be disputing it with my credit card company. Most of the websites requires expensive insurance and for you to already have set up an LLC. Its all a lie. Hope none of you fall for it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hehehehe2583 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:14 PM

I purchased this seudo biz opp and found out there is a lot of false information, is very difficult to get contracted when you click on the website links because a lot are deactivated or non existent, some only want tow truck drivers, I asked for my money back but never got a response, based on my experience this is a lie and a scam
Old 07-02-2020, 11:25 PM
(ಠ益ಠ)

This thread is hilarious.

Subscribing for the entertainment value!

P.S. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a scam.