Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defiance starring Daniel Craig BigSeanStudd Books, Movies & Stories 17 07-17-2013 11:21 AM
Defiance TV show hawk55732 Books, Movies & Stories 53 05-06-2013 09:37 AM
Defiance~syfy tv show and video game jedimindtrick Books, Movies & Stories 18 04-09-2013 02:52 AM
Great Movie: Defiance! Patriot Refusnik Books, Movies & Stories 2 01-27-2012 07:28 PM
NUGENT: The Declaration of Defiance tmootu General Discussion 8 06-28-2010 07:32 PM
defiance ikean Books, Movies & Stories 6 06-25-2009 12:32 PM
Out Of Desperation...Comes Defiance Irish Jaeger Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 18 06-06-2009 12:25 AM
Defiance, the movie TacomaJPP Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 01-22-2009 10:57 PM
Defiance -the movie magfed556 Books, Movies & Stories 5 01-14-2009 10:24 PM

Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Never Abducted

Thanked 47,056 Times in 12,773 Posts
Default Defiance

Advertise Here

Jak się masz ?

I was just reading that the movie Defiance opened to hostile reviews in Poland. Could any of you shed any light on this issue?

I enjoyed the movie myself.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Never Abducted

Thanked 47,056 Times in 12,773 Posts

It was quite a survival story.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Proud deplorable ilk

Thanked 32,532 Times in 8,232 Posts

No I can't help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Donfini For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 03:36 PM

it was a pack of lies, completely made up hollywood fantasy about supposedly heroic jews partisans fighting the nazis...in reality there's not a single - credible - shred of evidence [including personal log of all armed actions of one of the bielski brothers which survives to this day] that they have ever fought/engaged any unit of german army...and much evidence to contrary...when they did come in contact [accidently] with the Nazis they'd mostly beat the retreat rather than engage the regular troops...
there were several polish [home army] and soviet partisans units existing in the immediate area of the bielski bros jewish 'unit' who actively fought and engaged the Nazi army based out of forest but the bielskis & co. never actually did fight the occupying germans....

what they did do was constantly attack and terrorize with firearms local peasants/farmers in order to procure food and supplies for their huge group to 'survive' in the forest... their group consisted of mostly women, children and elderly which comprised over 2/3 of the entire group which numbered something along 950 people...
they also murdered many byelarussian and polish civilians/peasants falsely accusing most of them of collaborating against the bielski 'partisans' with germans... the active unit of armed men of the bielski group were little more than a bunch friggin' cowards strong in large group against a family or two of poor peasants at a time... there are always such human garbage but to paint them as a heroic unit fighting for their freedom can only serve to enrage those who are still alive and remember their deeds, or the descendants of such....

yes, they comprised of escaped jewish families who were persecuted and went through personal hell of their own and i''m sure many - if not most - of the passive element [women/elderly] of that huge group weren't completely aware of what means the 'enforcement' unit of their group used to obtain the vast supplies needed to keep them alive but it doesn't change the fact that in essence they robbed the poor, murdered some of them yet ran away from the true enemy responsible for their persecution... they were no heroes, on the contrary...

lastly, there's also some evidence [first hand raport by some surviving jewish women] from that unit] that the very cadre in charge - starting with the bielski bros, regularly abused sexually and physically many of those women [some married mothers/daughters] they were supposedly defending... in short, they were a bunch of scumbags, but Hollywood will spin anything that can show that jews were in fact heroic Nazi fighters... and usually paint the poles stereotypically as jew hating Nazi collaborators....

I'm polish myself, my maternal grandma actually saved over a hundred folks [about half of them were jews, the rest mostly Ukrainians] from a gestapo jail via a really brazen act, [she was interned and tortured for it, the Nazi officer she managed to get onto her side to do this was promptly shot] never received as much as a thank you from any of the family of the jewish people that owed their life to her... and yet, even though the ukrainians and poles didn't get along well - to say the least - the ukrainian families of the saved folks took care of my 2 year old mom left completely on her own when my grandmother was interned... take your own conclusion about the truths as depicted by Hollywood and reality... someone must have a reason for this, no?....

anyway, that's the reason in a nutshell why this travesty of a movie was received with such outcry and protests in Poland... the real story of the bielski brothers 'partisans' is well known and documented and very much remembered there, unlike here as it was unleashed shamelessly upon largely ignorant to the facts public, to great acclaim.... one thing that kind of surprised me was the fact that daniel craig who I think is actually the best 007 and finally makes bond into a manly character, actually was bamboozled to star in this film...then again, he's still only an actor after all, and what the hell do actors know about real life hehe...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juras For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 PM

coincidentally, there's a 'documentary' on the bielski brothers tonight on military history channel at 9pm est, and a repeat at 1am est... subtitled 'jerusalem in the woods' [with a plot line: 3 brothers save 1,200 jews and fight Nazis during ww2] hehe... riiiight...
it's from 2006, 2 years before the movie came out and I bet it was produced and/or financed by folks behind the scenes ultimately involved with the movie 'defiance' as a 'primer' and a way to make people who caught it to take notice of the plot so subliminally they'd recall the story once it would hit the theaters...

I won't be watching of course but I already saw it a few years back on military or history channel...could stand about 10 minutes of it before I had to change the channel, just at the first commercial break...
brought to you by the same family of channels that produced 'documentary' on russians claiming they descended from the vikings haha... russians love to claim all kinds of fantastic stories about themselves when it serves their purpose and likely some russkie billionaires finance such drivel on 'history', 'discovery', 'science' and 'military' family of networks but you can't change genetics, they're slavic not norse.... slavs are not inferior to nordic races in any aspect btw and our history is far more involved but the viking aspect speaks to the imaginative part of human psyche and russkies want to jump on that bandwagon as well apparently...now, the balts [estonians, latvians and lithuanians] could in fact claim norse ancestry with much more credibility than the rus peoples.....

anyway, if you want to see how american people can be easily duped by false claims mockumentaries shown as factual on channels which many think show only true stories, watch that program tonight....
};->

Last edited by juras; 10-02-2014 at 08:51 PM..
Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,060 Times in 7,442 Posts

I did think it strange that I had never heard of this before the movie
Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddogg5 View Post
I did think it strange that I had never heard of this before the movie
that's likely the reason for this convenient 'documentary' I mention above, which was released just as the movie production was about to start....
};->
Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,216 Times in 454 Posts

I had the privilege of visiting Poland a few days ago. If any Country deserves American support it is Poland. I ran into a 19 year old Polish girl in England recently. Just a sweet young girl trying to get by.

Poland will always be on my mind
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldwildheart For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Hiker

thank you juras. this is an old post but very worthwhile, it should have been posted in a more conspicuous thread. i am polish and lithuanian on my dad's side. my great uncle and cousins were a.k. and got sent to the gulags after the war. what really bothers me is going to any library's ww2 history section and most of the books are about the jewish holocaust. yes, it was awful and the nazis were terrible (my mom's brother was killed, not died, in a german pow camp), but the jewish intellectual elite perpetuates the notion that all eastern europe was evilly antisemitic. two inconvenient facts. 1. the polish lithuanian commonwealth was the first nation to protect all minority faiths within its borders: jews, protestants and moslems. 2. as the book "bloodlands" delicately notes, jews were disproportionately very high up and active in the soviet communist party and secret police. in the soviet purges, ukrainian holodomir, soviet takeover of the baltics and soviet invasions of poland, jewish reds were virulently anti catholic and anti slavic. the film defiance was more than hollywood, it was brainwashing.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Just reboot 3 times...

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,175 Posts

Here it is, June of '16, and this thread is the first I have heard of that story or the the movie itself.

So many truths get covered, forgotten, or warped. I hate that I can't take anything from anyone as truth anymore... just as more or less likely to have happened.

Sheesh.