**Ladies Section** Time to shape up! - Page 14 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time to shape up! MC608 Health, Fitness and First Aid 13 07-11-2013 11:33 AM
how in shape are you? JustChubbs Health, Fitness and First Aid 29 06-06-2013 07:57 PM
getting in shape extremejoy9 Ladies Section 7 10-21-2012 08:49 PM
Keep in Shape for Bug out Hawkeye Alex Manmade and Natural Disasters 42 04-05-2012 04:34 PM
Getting in Shape Grsly Fitness Blogs 0 03-14-2012 02:43 AM
In shape sophiedsouza Jokes, Humor & Music 0 03-28-2010 05:58 AM
Ever wonder how we got in the shape we are in? mongoose General Discussion 3 07-05-2008 10:59 PM
Shape Up, NOW !! Truenorth Health, Fitness and First Aid 0 05-04-2008 05:19 PM

Old 05-02-2014, 10:36 AM

Advertise Here

Ok, I'm going to sound like a big woos compared to those of you hiking mountains and doing triathlon's.... (Impressive by the way!)

Winters seem to be getting tougher for me mentally, so working out is always put on the back burner, which means extra weight to lose every year. And of course we all know, the older we get, the harder it is to lose it!

I don't know why, but I can spend 45 minutes every day on the elliptical (aka:MOD/Machine Of Death) and hardly lose a pound, but if I'm outside doing physical labor, the pounds melt away!

This past week I've lost 5 lbs by stacking firewood and doing some minimal yard work. And I'm sure the de-cluttering/spring cleaning of the house didn't hurt either!

In no way am I ready for "swimsuit season" but I can be content with seeing a picture of me without the double chin!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wyopride For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Daughter OfThe Revolution

Thanked 110,683 Times in 27,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyopride View Post
Ok, I'm going to sound like a big woos compared to those of you hiking mountains and doing triathlon's.... (Impressive by the way!)

Winters seem to be getting tougher for me mentally, so working out is always put on the back burner, which means extra weight to lose every year. And of course we all know, the older we get, the harder it is to lose it!

I don't know why, but I can spend 45 minutes every day on the elliptical (aka:MOD/Machine Of Death) and hardly lose a pound, but if I'm outside doing physical labor, the pounds melt away!

This past week I've lost 5 lbs by stacking firewood and doing some minimal yard work. And I'm sure the de-cluttering/spring cleaning of the house didn't hurt either!

In no way am I ready for "swimsuit season" but I can be content with seeing a picture of me without the double chin!
You don't sound like a woos at all. I know when I first started, when I started this thread, I could barely walk around the block from being over weight and really out of shape due to a neck injury. We all have to start where we are and then just keep increasing our challenges.

I agree with you very much about working outside. I love gardening and work in the yard quite a bit.

Getting older is a huge hindrance to weight loss and shaping up. When I was younger, I never battle the bulge. It wasn't until I was 33 and had my last child that pounds went on and didn't want to come off. I've struggled with it ever since and have to keep busy AND be careful what I eat.

I'm 51 now and still have 20 lbs to get off which just seems stuck! But it seems as we age, things change places and I don't believe I'll look good if I get back down to my regular weight. I'm afraid I'll look too bony especially in the face. So who know? I'll just keep working on it but definitely don't want to look like a concentration camp survivor.

Keep up the good work and please don't compare your work out to mine or Extremejoys. I think it's awesome you lost the 5 lbs and I haven't done that for months now.

My hope in starting this thread was more as a support system for each other. To rejoice in our successes and talk about our challenges.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:01 PM
White Hat

Thanked 12,742 Times in 2,134 Posts

I hope nobody minds, but I'd like to bump this old thread I found in my subscriptions. It looks interesting and useful in these stay at home, fattening times....
The Following User Says Thank You to Paravani For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
I hope nobody minds, but I'd like to bump this old thread I found in my subscriptions. It looks interesting and useful in these stay at home, fattening times....
Hi Paravani and thank you! Yes, it is time to shape up! Let’s do it! Of course I just put two gallons of ice cream in the fridge but hey, we can make short work out of that!!! Lol

How funny you bumped this very old thread. Recently I searched for and shared one of your very old threads. The one about earth quakes. This thread. Page 2, post 26.

Now is that weird or what!?!? Lol.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:07 PM
White Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
Hi Paravani and thank you! Yes, it is time to shape up! Letís do it! Of course I just put two gallons of ice cream in the fridge but hey, we can make short work out of that!!! Lol

How funny you bumped this very old thread. Recently I searched for and shared one of your very old threads. The one about earth quakes. This thread. Page 2, post 26.

Now is that weird or what!?!? Lol.
I thought I had that thread in my list of subscriptions but I can't find it now. I'll post another link to it when I can.

Edit:

Okay, there are a couple... was it this one?

Link --
Where NOT to Live: WA OR CA ID MT WY UT CO NV AZ NM BC and AB
Old 04-23-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
I thought I had that thread in my list of subscriptions but I can't find it now. I'll post another link to it when I can.

Edit:

Okay, there are a couple... was it this one?

Link --
Where NOT to Live: WA OR CA ID MT WY UT CO NV AZ NM BC and AB
Yes, it was that one. Here’s the thread I posted it in. Sorry. I meant to include this thread but forgot the link. As for your old thread, the one you posted above, that is the one I was referring to. https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=929488
Old 04-24-2020, 06:52 AM
Off the leash

Thanked 2,546 Times in 994 Posts

I am already thin enough, but getting my muscles back up to speed after this winter needs to happen.

Have certainly been working on it. Been getting the yard back in shape, helping to move and split fire wood, getting laundry caught up and hung out, the house cleaned good and a dozen other odds and ends since the weather has finally gotten decent and we've been home a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs.sardog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 12:17 AM
White Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
Here is a video of the beginner burpee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50
Thank you, Willow! Great vid, looks like an awesome exercise to get me moving again.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:27 AM
White Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejoy9 View Post
this video looks crazy! I'm going to try these when I do my exercises tomorrow!!
"When you kind of figure it out you'll build more speed..."

Ha ha haha haha! No ****ing way!

But thanks for the inspiration. If I get skinny enough and fit enough to even ATTEMPT these, I'll know I'm doing GOOD.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:44 PM
I Dig the Dirt

Here's another bump because it's time for me!

This virus completely wrecked my entire routine. Work, home life, workouts, you name it. Last year I lost 50 pounds, got to goal weight, counted every calorie, joined the gym, swam all summer, worked out all winter and was walking sometimes 5-7 miles a day on top of it all. Then WHAM!

Our gym has been closed since early March and I've been working from home since the same time. Everything I worked so hard for I've let slip through my hands...or would that be thighs? I've at least been trying to get my steps in each day but it's not enough. I've been eating well through the day but at night I was going off the rails stress eating. I think I've only put on 5 pounds in three months but I've lost all the muscle tone I had built up.

The gym is scheduled to open in a couple of weeks but with reduced hours that don't fit our schedule so it's out for the time being. And I'll probably be back in the office in the next week or two which will change things again but I'm not waiting anymore.

Starting today I'm back to counting my calories. I don't care if I go over right now, I just need to start logging again. And weighing myself regularly. And drinking my water. I've got my hourly steps in so far today so I'm on track (with additional deep knee bends and stretching but I gotta watch those knee bends, the knees aren't what they used to be especially if I'm gonna work back up to 5 miles a day) but I'm going out for a walk a little later. Shooting for 1/2 mile to start. It's over 90 degrees and 1% humidity so it's gonna be brutal but I got to get out there.

It's the first day of the month and a Monday. Great way to get back in the groove. Anybody want to join me for a little encouragement?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustAPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 05:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,548 Times in 5,477 Posts

How about starting a garden?

I find my garden to give me a LOT of exercize, though I do not get a cardio workout from it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 05:54 PM
I Dig the Dirt

Garden has been in for a few weeks. Should start getting cukes and summer squash in about a week or so.

And agree, lots of exercise from gardening. Bend, squat, kneel. Bend, squat, kneel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustAPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 07:28 PM
I Dig the Dirt

Did it.

Got out there and did a little over 1 mile. Killed two birds with one stone by walking to the post office to drop off a bill then headed back and cut through the park for a little extra distance. Pace was way off but at least I moved and it felt good. Pace will pick up eventually. Haven't eaten dinner yet but I'm logged and the walk padded my calorie allotment so I should be good if I don't blow it with some night time snacking. Knee hurts a bit but that's from the knee bends earlier. I'll lay off them tomorrow. And I got in all my water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustAPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 07:04 PM
I Dig the Dirt

Slipped a little last night. Got in to the Doritos while I was watching the riots. Not too terribly bad though. I cut myself off. Didn't log them but I had extra calories so even if I was over it wasn't by a ton.

Also got an email last night from our gym. They are refunding our unused portion since I told them their reduced hours don't fit our schedule (paid for a year in advance). I thought that was awesome. We'll re-join when/if things get back to normal (and we feel safe in doing so) but I can still get a punch card for the summer pool and use it on the weekends. They "say" they have really strict standards for distancing in and around the pool. I'll find out when it opens.

We got a new puppy a couple weeks ago and ordered a doggie stroller for her. She's way too tiny to keep up with us. It came today so off we went. The handles are way too short, husband will never be able to use it unless he extends them, and my feet exactly where the wheels are so I have to walk on the side of it and push with one hand. When that arm got tired I switched to the other side. Puppy did great. I didn't want to make it a long walk for her first time so we got 26 minutes and just shy of .75 miles and I got some extra calories. If I don't dive in to the Doritos tonight any damage I did last night should come out in the wash.

No knee pain today, thankfully. All food is logged but not eaten yet, got my vitamins this morning but I'm still shy on water. Will try to get it down before going to bed tonight. Also need to get back in the habit of taking my evening vitamins. Have my daily dispenser right here and will take them with dinner. Also weighed myself this morning. Wednesday is official weigh in day but this morning I was only up 3 pounds from my goal weight. Not too shabby, it's just all the muscle and toning I've lost that really bums me out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustAPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,136 Posts

This is a very opportune thread! While the virus didn't change my homebody routine much, my back going out in 2017 did. I'm just to the point where I can sit up, walk, do some yard work even. All if I'm careful of course. The virus did kill my volunteer opportunities (I had just started a tai chi class in February) but I did find a local woman offering virtual exercise classes 6x/week cheap. Oh my Lord am I flabby! And I've been bopping around for a good year too! Somehow I turned into a fat older lady, and I'm not particularly amused. Oh well.

I've stuck with the class for six weeks, and some inches are coming off. My garden is in full production, which means I'll be spending plenty of time putting stuff up as well. No triathlons for me either, but at least I can get some productive prepper stuff done. Housework remains a challenge Somehow I'd rather pull weeds than clean my refrigerator. Go figure.
The Following User Says Thank You to citykittyatheart For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2020, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,740 Times in 1,327 Posts

Started doing Atkins cause I have a doctor's appointment in July, and Covid-19 has not helped much with weight loss efforts. Can't walk to work because I am only allowed to be there limited hours when I am in there now. We don't go back full time until September 8th.
The Following User Says Thank You to emh1701 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2020, 11:50 PM

Okay, today is day 1. I know it’s extreme but it’s the only way I roll well. I’m doing 3 days of a water fast with a few Tablespoons of coconut oil thrown in. Then I’m going to Keto for at least 30 days. I don’t want to commit to more than that now. So this is my 30 day plan. The reason for the fast is my food cravings have been insane. I need to nip that in the bud right now. I do much better on fats and protein.

Thanks for coming to the thread everyone and good luck! You’re right citykittyatheart, very opportune and time to take my health seriously!