Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom Batko10 Religious Discussion 1 03-20-2018 11:22 PM
UNIMOG heaven no guns here Vehicles & Transportation 12 07-26-2017 07:54 AM
heaven -for newbie point of view hedgerowpete Religious Discussion 34 06-29-2017 10:15 PM
How to get to Heaven from Ireland kl0an Jokes, Humor & Music 1 02-08-2017 07:55 PM

Old 04-17-2018, 10:27 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 90,970 Times in 24,028 Posts
Default Heaven?

Advertise Here

For some reason I have been thinking about heaven lately. I'm one of those weird people who conversation/pray often throughout the day. Just talking with Dad in a casual way.

I've been asking Him about it. To be honest I had a few fears of this transformation and I just know that can't be right. So I talked to Him about it. Today I felt at peace with it. The thought entered my mind that it will be as natural as breathing when it's time for me to go.

I really like that quote from Marley "Some feel the rain, others just get wet". I think I'm beginning to feeling the rain.

Some months ago I had a dream and it was some type of encounter with God. I woke up and all memory of the details were erased but I had the overwhelming feeling of Joy, Peace, love and a feeling it was so much more than I ever imagined in my natural mind. I could just taste it on the tip of my tongue but not the fullness.

I would appreciate to hear any of your thoughts on heaven or experiences you have had.

thanks, OM

Last edited by OhioMan; 05-06-2018 at 08:44 PM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 PM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,401 Times in 3,125 Posts

I always try to wrap my head around it and find myself thinking of the following:

1 Corinthians 2:9,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard
and no one’s heart has imagined
all the things that God has prepared
for those who love him.” (Isaiah 64:3(4), 52:15)

I get excited about beautiful scenery on earth and other things...even when I was in Afghanistan I would look at the mountains around me, or the valleys and just be in awe and think this is heaven on earth, but could you JUST imagine what heaven will be like! Answer, no....we can't....that is how awesome it will be

But look forward to sharing that experience with you OM...and others...Greg (aka EddieT) manimalist, AJ, Cabinetmaker, JL1, Sloth, Batko, Cat, velvetelvis, pinker, 13ella, rio, atticus, drray, beekeeper, purplekitty, wanderingfreeman, HomeDefense, Uteguy, Jerry D Young, BabyBlue, JerseyHomestead, alv7722, PeterEnergy, Baddogg5, libshooter, leadcounsel, nkawtg, Timberline, NCalHippie, ajole, Alert, HeavyHauler, Mr. Sockpuppet, America's Patriot, TED_N_GA, TENNGRIZZ, Watchingtheweasels, America's Patriot, Sky1950, vivisky, jvtater, DTAG1307, Heal, FoxtrotVictor1, Traveler, wasniper, BytheRivers, Revmgt, w3kmp, blue123, KCChimneyman, PalmettoTree, Pinhead, longhorngnu, w3kmp, TxHannah, lallerstedt, BO Ready, Temu, Old fart, standox, hawgy54, merlnfire, cleatis, darthemuth, Basic Human Unit, harbinger1972, NickB, Dalelam, ack Swilling, Freedomwithout, etc etc etc...sorry if I didn't list someone.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 12:06 AM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,401 Times in 3,125 Posts

And you too Alaskajohn
The Following User Says Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2018, 12:47 AM
Trapper

It seams to me like Disneyland for the dead.
BUT!! If that is what you want to believe. I support your right to believe it 100%
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 04:26 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,915 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heal View Post
It seams to me like Disneyland for the dead.
BUT!! If that is what you want to believe. I support your right to believe it 100%
Disneyland would be more like hell. So would a Heaven of unending singing and harps.
But those are both simplistic. Eurythmic's song? "Heaven is a place where nothing happens" equally simplistic.

I think of Heaven as my happiest moment, greatly magnified.
Never boring, no tears, no pain.

But as above post, "...no one has imagined.." Who of us can say?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 06:18 AM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,467 Posts

Paradise. What is the definition of paradise? I used to think that going to Heaven (that is, the new earth when it is created) will be like winning the lottery.. everything you want, when you want it, how you want it, basically all that you couldn't have on earth, supernaturally with a snap of your fingertips. Of course, the things we would desire wouldn't be of a sinful nature as sin doesn't exist.

I don't see it in that perspective anymore though. The Bible simply doesn’t give us much to go off of. Pretty sure Heaven is about God’s glorification and pleasure, not our fantastical desires. But somehow that will still be pleasurable to us.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,074 Times in 1,931 Posts

I gave up trying to think about Heaven in specific ways. I am at peace with whatever it is. What I do believe that it is so sublime and awesome that it is way beyond words. I focus on the big picture, Jesus is there at the right hand of our Father God. Other than that, I have no specific opinions other than what the Bible says. Look forward to meeting all the Members of the Body of Christ

Last edited by Jack Swilling; 04-19-2018 at 01:47 PM..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,694 Times in 7,834 Posts

My husband was legally dead for about 10 minutes after his accident. He is still FURIOUS he had to come back. 15 years later, he's still having a tantrum.

So it must be something. People ask him if he was able to see when he was dead and he said no, but then he described something only a sighted person could see.

See, while he was dead God showed him something that happened to me 5 years later, and gave him a choice to stay dead or come back to me.

I know God is overpowering love and everything He allows works for good in our lives, but based on what I have seen with my husband heaven is way beyond even that.

He mainly talks about what it wasn't: pain, worry, fear, etc.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 08:26 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,459 Times in 1,750 Posts

Very little we know about Heaven. We know from Jesus that in Heaven there are many places and that we will see the face of God there. Beyond this we do not know for sure.

If there is a hint from this Universe about some of the places in Heaven is that the Universe is beautiful and very creatively built with perfect harmony perceived by us all over it. But even the whole Universe pales in beauty and harmony compared to Paradise (Eden Garden).

Paradise of course is less beautiful than Heaven since it was mostly material in its making and in Heaven material and spiritual is blended in such great harmony that it was never experienced before by any human.

However, the true promise is not even Heaven but to be close to God to see His Face and glorify Him forever and to receive every second of the Eternity spiritual energy from Him that will grow us in something new that we are not even dreaming now.

Heaven has levels as we know from St. Apostle Paul. I believe that as per God's infinite nature (essence) Heaven has infinite levels. No boredom will be felt ever while growing through them.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cat1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,260 Times in 1,196 Posts

Ooops! a typo. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post
But look forward to sharing that experience with you OM...and others...Greg (aka EddieT) manimalist, AJ, Cabinetmaker, JL1, Sloth, Batko, Cat, velvetelvis, pinker, 13ella, rio, atticus, drray, beekeeper, purplekitty, wanderingfreeman, HomeDefense, Uteguy, Jerry D Young, BabyBlue, JerseyHomestead, alv7722, PeterEnergy, Baddogg5, libshooter, leadcounsel, nkawtg, Timberline, NCalHippie, ajole, Alert, HeavyHauler, Mr. Sockpuppet, America's Patriot, TED_N_GA, TENNGRIZZ, Watchingtheweasels, America's Patriot, Sky1950, vivisky, jvtater, DTAG1307, Heal, FoxtrotVictor1, Traveler, wasniper, BytheRivers, Revmgt, w3kmp, blue123, KCChimneyman, PalmettoTree, Pinhead, longhorngnu, w3kmp, TxHannah, lallerstedt, BO Ready, Temu, Old fart, standox, hawgy54, merlnfire, cleatis, darthemuth, Basic Human Unit, harbinger1972, NickB, Dalelam, ack Swilling, Freedomwithout, etc etc etc...sorry if I didn't list someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 11:08 AM
GrowingFromScratch.com

As I’ve mentioned in other threads, if there is no sorrow, I can’t comprehend how we can have individuality in Heaven. Individualism breeds opinions and preferences which are bound to collide unless we are in some sort of “collective” mindset. And if so, aren’t we really robots at that point?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,260 Times in 1,196 Posts

Heaven is temporary, those who go there will return with Yes'shua to earth.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 12:32 PM
GrowingFromScratch.com

As I understand it, Heaven and earth are made new. After the millennial reign and white throne judgment, Heaven takes up residence on the new earth as the new Jerusalem. They are essentially the same near as I can tell.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 12:39 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
As I’ve mentioned in other threads, if there is no sorrow, I can’t comprehend how we can have individuality in Heaven. Individualism breeds opinions and preferences which are bound to collide unless we are in some sort of “collective” mindset. And if so, aren’t we really robots at that point?
I believe that heaven will be the place for the great reconciliation. (Col 1:20) through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Strife, envy, lusts, jealousy, competition, hatred will all be done away with in perfect love for one another. The lion will indeed lie down with the lamb in perfect harmony.

I think we will all have the mind of Christ in complete perfection (1 Cor 2:16) Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

I have always thought we have just pieces of things here on the earth but we see through a darken glass. We have some love but not the fullness, we see some beauty but not all etc.

Many of our very first words when we enter heaven will be "yes, of course" as the fullness of God comes over us. (My guess, no verses to that thought)

Last edited by OhioMan; 04-18-2018 at 04:50 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 7,780 Times in 1,739 Posts

Had an NDE. Also felt like I was given a choice. There was no fear. For me the words don't exist to effectively describe something beyond our ability to experience in body. Peace, letting go, being set free, being whole...

Heaven to me seems more a state of being than a place of being.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 09:44 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,286 Times in 18,508 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I believe the transformation from our current, flesh body to an "incorruptible" body will take place on earth when Christ returns with His angels. I'm moved by the idea that Heaven will be here on earth.

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

Revelation 21:1-2, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

A "new heaven." Interesting! And a New Jersusalem (not a man-made one) coming down from God out of Heaven." Awesome! Breathtaking! The power and glory of this event is beyond my ability to truly imagine.

I feel total shame for my sinfulness. I feel total appreciation for Christ's payment for that sin. I feel total joy for the way things will be as opposed to the way things are. I feel total anticipation mixed with anxiety over when this event will occur. The entire concept brings new meaning to the term "fear of the Lord." As joyous as Heaven sounds I can't help but feel a certain fearful awe.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 64,219 Times in 15,110 Posts

A full understanding of everything. Meeting every soul who has ever lived and chose to be with God. Meeting God, meeting Christ, and not just being reunited with those I love, but knowing there will be no more separation from them ever. Being in a state of pure joy. Forever.

I don't know what forms we will have there, bodies or simply the consciousness of our souls, but whatever it is, I have faith it will exceed everything I could have imagined while here in my earthly form.

Praising God for eternity, being with those I love for eternity, and understanding.

I know what you mean about having a bit of the sense of heaven. Some of us have caught brief glimpses of it, or felt for a fraction of a second as if we're teetering on the edge of it, and it's just right there in front of us--but we can't touch it. Not yet. But one day we will, and it will be a trip of no distance, no time, and no space. We will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye into eternal beings.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:29 AM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 13,137 Times in 5,504 Posts

Sometimes I get stuck in a loop of past mistakes and missed or blown chances. Today is one of them days. So I come here and find this. Thank you OP.

Many times I have wanted to build that time machine and fix it all. We know that wont happen. So that lead me to think about heaven as I drove back from the supply house this morning.

What if by chance it is what our hearts desire? A second chance. Not a blind second chance but one where we know then what we know now. God controls time. It is possible. Likely? I don't know. The thought of being able to get it right, serve better, love more, and understand seems to be a good idea of Heaven to me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cleatis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 11:13 AM
GrowingFromScratch.com

We can’t know what it will be like, but we can know of what it wont be. No nighttime, no sleep, no bodies of water oddly enough. So get your trophy fishing out of your system now. No sadness, sorrow, envy etc must mean no competition / sports., so forget any fantasy about hitting 400’ home runs off of 90 mph fastballs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Sometimes I get stuck in a loop of past mistakes and missed or blown chances. Today is one of them days. So I come here and find this. Thank you OP.

Many times I have wanted to build that time machine and fix it all. We know that wont happen. So that lead me to think about heaven as I drove back from the supply house this morning.

What if by chance it is what our hearts desire? A second chance. Not a blind second chance but one where we know then what we know now. God controls time. It is possible. Likely? I don't know. The thought of being able to get it right, serve better, love more, and understand seems to be a good idea of Heaven to me.
We all wish we had that time machine. We simply can't fix our mistakes but we can build the future...it's yours