Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affordable Shipment of Pets to Europe? three_dogs General Discussion 16 05-15-2018 05:17 AM
Heaven? OhioMan Religious Discussion 130 05-14-2018 10:12 AM
heaven -for newbie point of view hedgerowpete Religious Discussion 34 06-29-2017 10:15 PM
Preparedness Tip: Keep Pictures of Family, Pets Handy In Case of Emergency AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-06-2017 07:00 PM
How to get to Heaven from Ireland kl0an Jokes, Humor & Music 1 02-08-2017 07:55 PM

Old 05-31-2018, 08:47 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 90,971 Times in 24,029 Posts
Default Do our pets go to heaven?

Advertise Here

There is no right or wrong here...so please no arguments and name-calling.

Just your opinion please. Please don't bash or attack others. This can be a sensitive subject for many since so many (like me) love their dogs/cats/horses etc.

your thought, will we live in heaven with our pets or is salvation limited to just us humans?
Old 05-31-2018, 09:16 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,459 Times in 1,750 Posts

I believe that they do go. I believe that animals have a soul that is eternal. I do not know exactly how that works or how it will work in the future but that is my belief from what I observed in the animal world. I also hope my dogs Boxy, Kuky, and my cats Kungry, Angry (daughter of Kungry) and Inga (daughter of Angry) are in heaven now.

I did not find ANY argument in Orthodox Church that go against animals being in Heaven.

P.S. Angry was the calmest and smartest cat I ever encounter in my life. And the only Birmanese that could dominate a big Boxer dog only with her presence. Only once she attacked my Boxer who totally lost that war when he attacked Inga.

For example one time Boxy was staying between the outside door and Angry was coming on the path. She stopped for one second and looked at him. Boxy got up slowly and went aside. Angry passed into the house. Boxy went back to his place and put his brown deer body back on the spot like all was ok. Also Boxy was the most loyal being for me in this Universe until now.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cat1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,083 Times in 3,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1978 View Post
I believe that they do go. I believe that animals have a soul that is eternal. I do not know exactly how that works or how it will work in the future but that is my belief from what I observed in the animal world...

I did not find ANY argument in Orthodox Church that go against animals being in Heaven...
There is no dogma in the Orthodox Church that denies animals a place in heaven. On the contrary, animals have played a role in the lives of many saints (Saint Seraphim and others) and there are prayers for our animals.

Like Cat, I believe that animals have an eternal soul.

[IMG][/IMG]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2018, 10:35 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,459 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Beautiful colors. Curiosity question... Is 14 years short life for a bird, even a parrot? Some of the small dogs and many cats live less than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:17 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1978 View Post
I believe that they do go. I believe that animals have a soul that is eternal. I do not know exactly how that works or how it will work in the future but that is my belief from what I observed in the animal world. I also hope my dogs Boxy, Kuky, and my cats Kungry, Angry (daughter of Kungry) and Inga (daughter of Angry) are in heaven now.

I did not find ANY argument in Orthodox Church that go against animals being in Heaven.

P.S. Angry was the calmest and smartest cat I ever encounter in my life. And the only Birmanese that could dominate a big Boxer dog only with her presence. Only once she attacked my Boxer who totally lost that war when he attacked Inga.

For example one time Boxy was staying between the outside door and Angry was coming on the path. She stopped for one second and looked at him. Boxy got up slowly and went aside. Angry passed into the house. Boxy went back to his place and put his brown deer body back on the spot like all was ok. Also Boxy was the most loyal being for me in this Universe until now.
Exactly...our 3-4lb cat (Miss Kitty) completely dominates our mix breed 95lb Boxer (Cezar). He's is so afraid of her he won't walk down a hallway if she is laying there. She rules like a queen in our house.

Last night it stormed like crazy, both dogs are practically sitting our laps shaking like leaves....but calm Miss Kitty is laying out in our 3 season room stretched across the floor without a care in the world while the thunder and lightening raged on

I'll post of picture of him in this thread at some point.

Like you, I would like to think our pets go with us. My wife says heaven wouldn't be heaven without them.

The man who bothers to attend the funeral of every single fallen sparrow seems to have a great heart and love for them.

(Revelation 5:13)
And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

I would like to think so, but I just trust Him no matter what.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:29 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
...Like you, I would like to think our pets go with us. My wife says heaven wouldn't be heaven without them...
Weren't there animals in the Garden of Eden? I don't see why Heaven would be any different??
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:32 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,295 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Weren't there animals in the Garden of Eden? I don't see why Heaven would be any different??
I agree, but that's different than our past pets being there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ax4jc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:50 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
100% (above)...yes!
Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 AM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,052 Times in 2,276 Posts

Not in my opinion. Of course I don't speak for God.

Salvation is designed for human beings, not for animals. Since animals cannot reason and make moral decisions, they are not included in the salvation God has offered to humans. Jesus died to “save His people from their sins”, he didn't create Fido to choose or to accept Jesus as his savior.

I also take exception when people die and someone says, "well, he's an angel now". No, he isn't.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 09:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,879 Times in 4,978 Posts

Quote:
There is no right or wrong here...so please no arguments and name-calling.

Just your opinion please. Please don't bash or attack others. This can be a sensitive subject for many since so many (like me) love their dogs/cats/horses etc.

your thought, will we live in heaven with our pets or is salvation limited to just us humans?
You're right in saying that there's no right or wrong answer. In my opinion a weak circumstantial case can be made that at least some animals will be in heaven. After all, a lion cannot lay down with a lamb if neither exist. There's also a verse I read in the Old Testament once which seems to state that they will but I no longer remember the details.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 09:32 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,332 Times in 18,523 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Not sure. I've never seen it said from a biblical perspective. There is reference to "the lion laying down with the lamb" but it could be that the natural world will continue in God's Kingdom with animals reproducing just as they do now. I would certainly like to think that our pets will be there. I've had some throughout the years that I would love to see again.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,295 Times in 538 Posts

I hope they do, but I've never read anything one way or the other to make me positive either way. I do believe there will be animals there though.

"the lion laying down with the lamb" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that is what the Bible says. Depending on translation it says:

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

And Isaiah 65:25 says
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ax4jc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:23 AM
Man of few words

Thanked 1,479 Times in 695 Posts

Yes.we plan to meet ours at the bridge.two are waiting for us now,another will be too.not too soon we hope.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MI.oldguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:41 AM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 29,800 Times in 9,809 Posts

I don't know, but I wanna go where they go...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to America's Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,068 Times in 452 Posts

If the Dobie girls I got now eventually make it to heaven - My previous Dobie girls that are already there are likely going to rip them to shreds and show them how 'real' Dobermans are supposed to act.

Should be interesting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DG23 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:47 AM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 29,800 Times in 9,809 Posts

What kind of parrot is that? If it's a Green Eclectus, their lifespan in the wild around 30 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to America's Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
What kind of parrot is that? If it's a Green Eclectus, their lifespan in the wild around 30 years.
Charlie D. was a male Australian Eclectus. As an FYI, the Eclectus is the only parrot species that is dimorphous, i.e. the male and female have completely different colors.

30 years is about right regarding their lifespan. Charlie D. died prematurely of a sudden heart attack. Interestingly, as a rule the Eclectus doesn't live as long in captivity, although Charlie D.'s sudden passing was a completely unexpected shock. He just finished his shower (he loved water) and was sitting on my lap drying off when I was at the computer when he just gasped and died in my arms. I'd rather not talk about this anymore.

Anyway, Charlie, Jr. joined the family about 8 months after Charlie, D. passed and has been a joy since moving in.

Charlie, Jr. at 5 months old the day we picked him up.
[IMG][/IMG]

Charlie, Jr. in Superior, WI with his brother before relocating to my home. (His brother wound up in South Dakota.)
[IMG][/IMG]

Charlie, Jr. just hanging around on his second birthday (he turned 3 years old this past March).

Charlie D. Parrot's image was incorporated into a Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame poster that was sold during an autograph signing session by Koko B. Ware. A friend of mine who works with the PWHF designed and created the poster and included Charlie D. knowing how upset I was at his passing.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 10:59 AM
It's ok to be white

My wife volunteers at a shelter for abused dogs and cats. She works there 2-3 days a week, maybe 10-15 hours a week at the most. I go 1-2 times a month with her to help walk the dogs and play with them...I love it.

Someone donated this painting a few years ago that hangs on the wall. Of course there is no bible verses to attached to it...but it seems to speak to me every time I see it. It's just like the Christ we all know.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:17 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,332 Times in 18,523 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
My wife volunteers at a shelter for abused dogs and cats. She works there 2-3 days a week, maybe 10-15 hours a week at the most. I go 1-2 times a month with her to help walk the dogs and play with them...I love it.

Someone donated this painting a few years ago that hangs on the wall. Of course there is no bible verses to attached to it...but it seems to speak to me every time I see it. It's just like the Christ we all know.

If I could find a way to make a living dealing with nothing but animals I would do it in a hear beat! I generally trust animals far more than I trust humans (with the exception of wild predators who dream of chewing a man's head off).
Old 05-31-2018, 12:20 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
If I could find a way to make a living dealing with nothing but animals I would do it in a hear beat! I generally trust animals far more than I trust humans (with the exception of wild predators who dream of chewing a man's head off).
I would too...100% agree AJ!!