Stuff found around farm after collpase - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 1101 12-24-2018 09:53 PM
Gather around the campfire OR Never step on the Butterflies MayDay Books, Movies & Stories 230 04-26-2018 07:37 PM
Shop Work On The Farm, by M.M. Jones 62bravo Books, Movies & Stories 0 10-10-2016 12:15 AM

Old 05-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,725 Times in 1,484 Posts

Advertise Here

Is this article part of the Zombie 101 syllabus?

I can't believe they are publishing this stuff. All said earlier about how hard it is to grow stuff is correct. Me having to look out for the people who read this article and decided to come prospecting in my sheds and pole barn gives me more to have to shoot at!

WW

shoot straight - stay safe
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol View Post
What happened to all the farmers?.....
Seems to me that farmers would be in a better position to supply, and defend their resources....and a have network of neighbors and family to dumas city people out.
Probably not ... think about it ... there are few people and a lot of area. That is difficult to defend. Then there is the work on a farm - there is a lot. So, if you are working a farm you can not be watching or defending it. And when you are not working he farm you are resting to work it again. If we are talking about a SHTF situation then things like fuel are in short supply which means more manual labor.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,730 Times in 1,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykay View Post
Probably not ... think about it ... there are few people and a lot of area. That is difficult to defend. Then there is the work on a farm - there is a lot. So, if you are working a farm you can not be watching or defending it. And when you are not working he farm you are resting to work it again. If we are talking about a SHTF situation then things like fuel are in short supply which means more manual labor.

Have thought about it....
In a rural area...if you have ties...You neighbors will tell you when you went to town last....
And who belongs there...
I can reach the bridge with a .308.

If I was scrounging....I be looking for preppers locations for their stashes after they Bugged Out as most can't carry all that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2017, 12:58 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
In a rural area...if you have ties...You neighbors will tell you when you went to town last....
And who belongs there...

If I was scrounging....I be looking for preppers locations for their stashes after they Bugged Out as most can't carry all that stuff.
I've heard that all before. Where you live everybody watches out for each other (even if they can't see anything because of the trees).

Everyone is hard working and tend to their farms (yet they somehow can look out for others who live 10s of miles away).

Everyone has a farm and is self sufficient in everything.

Everyone can shoot the wings off a fly at 1,000 yards.

Everyone lives 500 miles from the nearest town so the bad guys won't be able to make it there.

Everyone is kind, but they won't be helping any strangers.

Everyone is prepared if TSHTF and if there is anyone who is not, they would see their children starve to death before they tried to steal from anyone.

Where you live there are no:
illegal drug users
poor people
gangs
people living on welfare
single mothers
Old 05-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,350 Posts

if a person is looking for perfection they wont find it anywhere. I've lived both places, farm country and urban. I'll take my chances in the farm country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randyt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I've heard that all before. Where you live everybody watches out for each other (even if they can't see anything because of the trees).

Everyone is hard working and tend to their farms (yet they somehow can look out for others who live 10s of miles away).

Everyone has a farm and is self sufficient in everything.

Everyone can shoot the wings off a fly at 1,000 yards.

Everyone lives 500 miles from the nearest town so the bad guys won't be able to make it there.

Everyone is kind, but they won't be helping any strangers.

Everyone is prepared if TSHTF and if there is anyone who is not, they would see their children starve to death before they tried to steal from anyone.

Where you live there are no:
illegal drug users
poor people
gangs
people living on welfare
single mothers
Yup....Living the dream......
Gotta tell ya...would rather live in am area where the saloon set you your "Usual "........and go to Church, have the Spaghetti

The then agin I get it
Doom, Doom, Doom.....
The Following User Says Thank You to ol For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 02:04 AM

speaking as an organic farmer, the conventional farmers will find themselves in tough trying to feed themselves. soils have become nutrient poor, and need a yearly fertilizer treatment to grow a crop. without the yearly fertilizer fix, very little will grow, most likely 10% or less of "normal" yield. organic farmers won't have it much easier, as we are in need of fuel, oil, grease, and repair parts to produce a crop. we can use last year's crop for seed, but ideally new seed stock is required for optimal crop results every few years. we will survive until we need the services of a doctor or a dentist. survival becomes a razor's edge when all of the services like electricity and water are suddenly unavailable. the only other group of people which I think would survive for an extended period of time are trappers, fishermen, loggers, and maybe a few other types who live very close to nature.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:05 PM
Survivor

Trappers and loggers, need a market......or no money? Fishermen hunters can eat the game.
Maybe a few other types who live very close to nature.

Balanced mix or resources and stashed supplies maybe a better plan.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Threadkiller

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,164 Posts

Quote:
single mothers
Haha, guess we found the single mom. That really doesnt fit in with the rest of your list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigmund For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 07:00 PM
Survivor

gangs don't really fit in either but we had a hot shot cop come to town from the big city. He found we had a gang, it was called the "carhart gang". we still laugh about it to this day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randyt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Survivor

We have a gang as well..."The Bigalow boys" ...not the real name....
There are 40 or so core relatives......and maybe a 100 more in'laws and friends.

Had a 4 or July party on the pasture where the creek run thru....
Better fire works that the town....
800 people showed up
Old 05-14-2017, 10:54 PM
Survivor

actually I need to modify my previous post about gangs. My friends grandfather was a sheriff in a adjoining county way back when. Anyhoo some of the purple gang blew into town and he sent them packing back to detroit. So they do show up time to time
Old 05-28-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbern View Post
Most farmers don't keep extra seed laying around. At least not around here. They only buy what they plant (mostly beans and corn).

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
AND, most of the corn will be a genetic hybrid and likely non food grade.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocSarvis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 10:16 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 20,746 Times in 7,683 Posts

Quote:
And who belongs there...

Have lived the dream myself, HOWEVER not such a great idea to start popping everyone who crosses that bridge because they may be trying to get to their families or just survive. Besides, one may be that doctor that one day saves your life when a bit of the nightmare enters your dream and you become ill or a family member hurt. Perhaps it's someone that can help you in some way. Don't know but just my opinion, target practicing at anyone who crosses your bridge doesn't seem to make gangs, etc a lot different in their behavior. Think we all need to remember sooner or later the fantasy/nightmare ends, and things will return to normal, including law enforcement , etc.

Things on an abandoned farm which may be available and usable would be assorted hand tools, perhaps tin from the sides and roofs of barns, rope, pesticides / insecticides, wire (both electric fence for binding, and barb for security), pitch kettle pump heads, livestock medications, etc.