Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 490 02-10-2020 03:49 PM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 31 07-18-2019 04:19 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 03:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 03:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 09:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 08:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-03-2009 12:54 AM

Old 01-03-2020, 08:34 AM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 9,673 Times in 3,702 Posts

Advertise Here

was the light from the sky or ground level?

maybe aircraft?

thanks for sharing
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 10:07 AM
As constant as...Drinkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorsam View Post
was the light from the sky or ground level?

maybe aircraft?

thanks for sharing
The campsite is down in the middle of a narrow gully/ravine by a creek with steep hills on either side, so it would be hard to say given the lay of the landscape. Personally I thought maybe it came from atop the ridge to the southwest of our little setup. There's a trail not too far from that ridge that runs along it. So maybe it was other "hikers"... but at 2AM? Unless our campfire was still glowing over its high sidewalls, it would have been hard to even spot us at all, even from up on the ridge. Definitely didn't hear any aircraft.
The Following User Says Thank You to Early Cuyler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
As constant as...Drinkin'

OOH! I have another one I just remembered... I'll try and keep this short, as I know I can be a bit ... "wordy"...

August 2014 - camped out in a tent with my (then) girlfriend on the shores of the Bay of Quinte up in Ontario, Canada at my now deceased (RIP) Grandad's cottage. It had turned out to be an amazing day leading into a nice evening complete with shore lunch consisting of perch and the biggest smallmouth I ever caught in my life paired with onions, potatoes, beans, and a few beers. Earlier I had machete'd a nice spot for the tent and it was all setup for us for whenever we decided to go to bed.

After swimming and dinner, the water started getting choppy a bit after the sun set. Then came the wind. Oh, my god! The wind! I thought we were about to get caught in a downpour and was concerned about the water level rising, as we were right on the "beach". Weird thing was - no rain clouds.

So her and I were sitting there chatting about to turn in for the night when all the sudden we hear this monstrous BOOOOM accompanied by a super intense flash of green light. WTF? It was across the bay, looking north from our position, across from Indian Island, straight towards Trenton, ON.

What the hell was that? Heat lightning? Transformer blowing up with insane intensity? Something at the Air Force base over there? ALIENS?!?!

Came to find out the next day via my smartphone local news app that it was actually a small plane crashing. I guess he went through some powerlines. Guy ended up living!

Here is the article on this:
https://www.thewhig.com/2014/08/18/p...f-033ae8ac7e11
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Early Cuyler For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 03:14 AM

Ooof why is it so hard to sit down and write of accounts?! I'm a very long time lurker and this is hands down my favorite thread ever. Thank you to everyone who shared, even in light of potential criticism. Hat's off to you.

I have many a story, even though I grew up in suburbia and city, I spent a decent amount of my youth camping both in upstate NY and slogging it through the Everglades and areas of north and central Florida.

I'll start with one that remains with me to this day, some 20 years later. My end of the year field trip in 8th grade was up to the Peace River for 3 days of camping, canoeing and artifact sifting in the Peace River. The latter I believe, is catalyst for my experience.

Most of you know that Florida is rife with Native American history. The Peace River was an important source of water for tribes. The week prior to my trip, it had rained substantially - even by Florida standards. While sifting for fossilized manatee bones and shark teeth, our class started coming up with native clay beads, pottery shards and arrowheads.

It seems there was a previously undiscovered virtual mound that the recent storms had unearthed and sent smaller items into the river. There were no warnings not to take anything home with us. So we gleefully took our unexpected and really cool finds back to camp.

That night, after the requisite campfire stories and s'mores, we went to our tents - exhausted from the several mile canoe trip and excitement of finding a new burial mound, ready to pass out. And we did.

All night I kept being woken up by someone whispering in my ear, only to wake up and find my 2 tent mates sound asleep. The whispering was as if someone were 2" from my ear and at one point I felt there pressure of someone placing a hand upon my shoulder. It was unintelligible what was said.

After the 3re or 4th time I was really annoyed and nature called. It was mid- winter and growing up in southern Fl, it was really cold (I accept teasing for this!) And I didn't want to get out of my warm bag... but y'know! So I grudgingly got my shoes on and tried to wake one of the 2 to come with, to no avail.

The camp was completely silent. Only some breaths and muffled snores from the tents. But no strange feelings... yet.

We were a way off from the campground and I had to make a 5-10 minute walk to the outhouse. I could hear the groans of alligators and their eyes reflected menacingly when I crossed the wooden bridge on the path to get to the main camp with Rvs.

Everything went fine until I crossed that bridge on my return trip. As I was stepping off into land there gators started making strange sounds and there was thrashing. I looked back and they were leaving. After the thrashing subsided and there water became still, I got that feeling.

A slight fog was now our camp, but kinda off-set and not complete as normal fog would be. It was definitely concentrated in one small area, with my tent near ground zero. The air felt even colder and there were no sounds from trees (chock full of Turkey vultures) only the sleeping sounds of my classmates and an odd pulsing heartbeat-like sound. It wasn't mine, as it was just off from my heartbeat. I heard a murmuring sound that I couldn't process and then a few soft pops. I whipped my light over to see what looked like 2 Native Americans, made of the fog?, standing near a tent with a trail of fog not quite formed into more than a blob, going through one of the tents on the boys' side. They didn't react to my flashlight at all, the blob moved further into the tent through its wall, but I assume that would've happened with or without my light as the men standing didn't appear to react.

It felt like time stood still as I tried to make sense of what I was seeing. I do recall that they were very detailed yet less dense by the head than the feet. And their calves to feet were "off" as it stemmed from the strange fog. What brought me back into motion was something grab my pant leg and before I could scream I saw it was a parent volunteer. She put her finger to her mouth to say 'quiet' and I got down and into the tent with her. She asked me if I saw it too.

I'm not much sure what happened next, but I know it was real as I woke up in her tent. Sadly, nothing more was said about it, only a few glances between me and there mom.I am sure the others took their finds home,but I dug a hole where the tents were, after we'd broke camp, and buried my find of glazed cheerio-shaped beads so they would stay where they belonged.

After our trip my teacher received a letter from the University of Florida thanking our class in assisting to locate an unknown burial mound. There was something unique to it anthropologically, but the details are lost to my memory. I hope it was preserved enough that those Indians can rest in peace.

I do have a couple of others if interest is there, one from the mountains of Romania when I went on a Dracula tour over Halloween, 15 years ago. I know this thread is several years old...I hope that there's still many years to come!
Old 01-13-2020, 03:18 AM

My apologies for the wall of text. I made paragraphs but I'm on my phone, so when I posted it, it appears that maybe 2-3 hard returns are necessary as it looks awful!

I think it is likely worth your struggle to read it. Don't want to spoil it, but I saw something for sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to Absinthminded For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 1,382 Times in 421 Posts

On November 28th of 2014 my life sort of fell apart all at once. In a matter of one day I lost my job, my business, my company car and my place to live for reasons that I wonít go into detail about here. Letís just say that I was screwed over by my business partner and thatís that.

At the time I had just enough money to either buy a junker vehicle or put down a security deposit and first months rent on an apartment. Iím a rather resourceful guy and I opted for the vehicle. I figured A car was a better move as I could live in it for as long as it took to get my life together and it would give me more options for finding a new job.

I had lost everything BUT..... I had two things, a full set of camping gear and a girlfriend who still loved me, so I figured I could rough it outside in the cold winter nights until I found a new car and a job.

At the time I had been living in a town that was located on the edge of the Pine Barrens wilderness of Southern New Jersey. For those who have never heard of it, the Pine Barrens is a rather unique one million acre forest of mostly pine trees that has lots of deer, turkey, coyotes and some unique prehistoric type plants that only grow in that area.

My Girlfriend at the time lived with her parents and despite the fact that they barely knew me she had convinced them to take me in. But I was uncomfortable with that idea and refused the offer. As you can imagine my Girlfriend was beside herself with worry but she knew I was too proud and just accepted my crazy decision to live outdoors in the winter time.

I chose a spot on the edge of the neighborhood that I had been previously living in near an dirt storage clearing that was being used to dump and store dirt to build a new development of homes. I found a large path into the woods and made a stealth camp only about a quarter mile deep into the pine barrens.

I would sleep in the woods at night and in the morning I would make the short walk into civilization where my woman would pick me up. Once she came to get me I would use her car to drive her to work and then spend the day looking for a vehicle and a new job. I would also take an hour or so to head to the gym to workout and get a shower each day. Around 5pm I would pick her up at work and she would drop me back off near my campsite.

Wednesday December third was to be my 5th and final night in that particular patch of woods. By then I had found a job that I was to start in a few weeks and had purchased an old suv. It was still at the used car lot as my new car insurance would not be active until the following day. My new job didnít start for a month but I had already paid for a real campsite far away in another area of the Pine Barrens that I could live in until then, this way I could have big fires ride my mountain bike through the trails and not have to sneak in and out each morning and evening. So December 3rd 2014 was my last night at my stealth camp on the edge of town.

To this day I enjoy winter camping and even then I had done so many times in my life so I had a routine setup I used to camp in cold weather. I always encapsulate my tent with a large, heavy duty camo tarp. This keeps the weather out very effectively, it also helps to trap a little heat for comfort, but unfortunately makes it so that you cannot see outside without lifting the tarp up at your tent entrance to look around.

By 8pm or so I had finished eating and was relaxing just puffing on my vape and feeling happy that I would be in a much more comfortable situation the next day.

Just like every other night at this location at this time of night a pack of coyotes was right outside my tent raising hell. Each night around 8pm they would gather right outside in front of my tent and fight, Yelp and run around. The first two nights I was sort of shocked but by this time I was used to them and was sure they didnít have the balls to dare attack a full grown human. But I still slept with a 26 inch, very sharp, full tang short sword at my side each night just in case.

I was lying on my back in the tent starting to doze off to the sound of the coyote pack when they all started yipping and suddenly ran off into the deep woods together. During the previous nights they would slowly leave the area as a group continuing to scrap and and circle the general area, so this sudden departure sort of peaked my interest and I opened my eyes to listen....... It was Dead silence.

After a minute or so I started getting ready to doze off again when a powerful and unpleasant stench filled my tent. I canít begin to explain how overwhelming and terrible the stench was.... I sat up in my tent and stuck my face inside my coat to escape it...... It was no use, there was no escaping the smell. It was a combination of extremely bad BO mixed with dirty feet, skunk and ****.

I was too overwhelmed by the odor to even ponder what was making it. It was strong enough to make me feel sick...... I remember at one point trying to avoid the smell by breathing through my mouth and the odor was so strong that I could taste it on the tip of my tongue. I was at the point of holding my breath and whatever it was that was stinking up my campsite needed to go the hell away, so I decided to go outside my tent and run whatever it was off.

I unsheathed my sword and started to unzip the tent entrance when I hear someone walking down the path in the woods that was located behind my camp. I say SOMEONE instead of SOMETHING because it was clearly a person walking on two feet.

I slowly zipped the tent back up and went silent. The path was pretty well traveled during the day by locals walking their dogs and by neighborhood kids, but this was the first time at night that I had heard anyone using the path. Whoever it was was big and heavy because I could actually hear the thud of their feet impacting the dirt path with each step. I had made my stealth camp pretty close to the path for ease of use but I had camouflaged it so well behind an earth mound with brush and a camo tarp that one could walk within a few yards of it and not see it.

The footsteps stopped and then I heard the unmistakable sound of whoever it was leave the dirt path and slowly walk into the woods behind me to my left........ My heart sank and adrenaline filled my bloodstream. I had made it for 4 nights undetected and on my last night I was about to be found out. Iím sure I was on some kind of private property and with all the bull**** going on in my life at the time the LAST thing I needed was for the cops to arrest me and break up my camp.

Like I said my camp was WELL hidden and it showed no signs of anyone being there while I was gone so I was wondering why this person was heading towards me. This whole time the stench was just as strong as ever but had taken backstage in my mind to the current new situation at hand.

I could hear whoever it was carefully and slowly walking closer and closer until they were maybe 20 feet off to my left. They sounded like the footsteps of someone trying to sneak up on something or someone else. They stopped at my left side for a moment and them started to walk at a normal noisy pace through the leaves until they were about 15 or 20 yards from my tent in the area where the coyotes would congregate each night..... Then they stopped. I could hear deep horse breathing, like a giant monster catching itís breath. I was paralyzed with fear and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

Then it walked right up to the front of my tent...... I clutched my blade and held my breath........ Next, whatever it was walked very slowly around to the right side of my tent..... Still breathing deep and heavy. Then it leaned itself right up to the wall of my tent and started to sniff loudly. It took long deep sniffing noises through itís nose and would exhale through its mouth. I was terrified as itís face was just feet away from me. At this point I was growing confused, the only logical thing I could think of was that a bear was right outside of my tent...... But the thing is that bears are almost non existent in the pine barrens, especially so close to a busy construction site. But I thought to myself ďwhat else could it be?Ē

Nothing was making sense..... I was SURE that I had heard a person on two feet walking this whole time but no human, no matter how dirty and homeless could smell that powerfully, plus the breathing I was hearing sounded more like a giant monster than a human. But monsters arenít real right? So I rationalized that it HAD to be a bear.

At this point I had to do something, I figured I would say something out loud...... If it was a giant smelly person I could probably get a response, and if it was indeed a bear there was a 99.99% chance it would run for its life once it realized There was a human in the tent. One thing I knew was that Black bears are terrified of humans.

So I took a deep breath and said loudly and sharply ďWHOíS THERE!!!Ē And then I whacked the side of the tent it was standing at with a hard and quick back hand.

The thing took two steps back and to my absolute horror it let out the deepest most terrifying growl I have ever heard. At this point My heart stopped and I almost **** my pants. It was a LONG and VERY DEEP growl, just like a dogs but sounded like a dog that would have to weigh 800 pounds.

I sat there with my blade poised, in shock, terrified and waited for whatever it was to rip through the tarp and kill me on the spot. After what was probably a 5 to 10 second growl it went silent and all I could hear was the deafening noise of my pulse pounding in my head. Then suddenly to my surprise it walked away into the forest. I could hear the sound of a creature on two legs crushing the dried leaves and twigs underfoot as it walked away.

I stayed perfectly still holding my breath until I could not hear it walking anymore. Then I took a deep breath and almost collapsed with relief in the tent........ The horrible stench began to get less and less until it finally went away.

I was feeling relieved and my heart was starting to finally calm down when suddenly I heard the sound of what could only be a large tree branch being snapped quickly from a tree...... or snapped in half followed by it being smashed into a tree or other piece of wood. Right after that it made a noise that sounded like a single very loud dog bark followed what I can only describe as the sound of a woman screaming. My heart jumped to full turbo mode once again and I broke out into a cold sweat......

After that I heard nothing else...... and it took a good 20 mins for me to calm down. When the adrenaline finally subsided I was overwhelmed with exhaustion. I reasoned that if it wanted to do me harm it would have and at this point it was safe to fall asleep.

Interestingly I had one of the best nights sleep I have ever had. In the morning I packed everything up and got the hell out of there. When my girlfriend picked me up that morning she took one look at me and asked me why I looked so disturbed. I told her what had happened and she said it must have been one of the coyotes and that I was being dramatic. To this day the only people who believe me are my brother and my 13 year old son.

I had always told myself it was a bear, I couldnít come up with any other logical conclusion but Like I said black bears are all but non existent in the Pine Barrens. Also Since then I have done the research and have learned that bears do not have a strong odor at all, even during mating season or while Hybernating. The thought of it being a Sasquatch never even crossed my mind at the time because I thought they only existed in the Northwestern United States and Canada, that is if they existed at all. Besides what would a mythical creature like that be doing hanging out next to a fairly populated New Jersey town like that.

Since then I have educated myself on bigfoot and now I am pretty sure in was a Sasquatch that scared the Sh&% out of me that night.

I suppose I will never really know....... My life is now perfect and itís hard to believe that just over five years ago I was homeless in the woods of NJ. I still like to go winter camping alone almost every year...... But now that I know monsters are real I will only go to wilderness areas where I am allowed to carry a big bore revolver, 30.06 rifle or a 12 gauge with slugs.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Klbsa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM
Hunter/Survivor

Thanked 1,089 Times in 341 Posts

Klbsa,
I commend you for having the Bolas to whack the critter through the tarp. Thats quite a story and the main lesson is always sleep with a gun when you camp (even when not allowed). Any gun is better than no gun. My first thought when I read about the stench was something evil.... but in the past, I have read about some east coast/Jersey creature like a Sasquatch.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluesman60 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 07:52 PM

Isn't 'Skunk Ape' a thing in that area? I am not sure entirely, I know that is an East Coast thing. Out here we just have plain old Sasquatches...but I know I have heard the term applied to a similar, and if memory serves slightly smaller, animal of a very similar build and general disposition. That would have been scary as hell...

Kyle
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fort Knox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Knox View Post
Isn't 'Skunk Ape' a thing in that area? I am not sure entirely, I know that is an East Coast thing. Out here we just have plain old Sasquatches...but I know I have heard the term applied to a similar, and if memory serves slightly smaller, animal of a very similar build and general disposition. That would have been scary as hell...

Kyle
Yes, the Southeast is Skunk Ape domain for sure. Especially what was the Big Cypress area in the mid-90s & prior. I too, unfortunately?, am a knower. It's hard to wrap my mind around it - ya know, so I can give it a warm hug of acceptance!

I'm trying to get the 1) time and 2) cajones to write up my encounter with the Skunk Ape. Seeing that I'm feminine #2 seems out of the question 😂 but I'm talking myself into it. I may have to warm up with a second hand account from a Seminole friend. But first sleep! I work tonight - ahhhhhh lovely graveyard shift. Nothing keeps a body out of synch like it 😝
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absinthminded For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,081 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klbsa View Post
On November 28th of 2014 my life sort of fell apart all at once. In a matter of one day I lost my job, my business, my company car and my place to live for reasons that I wonít go into detail about here. Letís just say that I was screwed over by my business partner and thatís that.

I suppose I will never really know....... My life is now perfect and itís hard to believe that just over five years ago I was homeless in the woods of NJ. I still like to go winter camping alone almost every year...... But now that I know monsters are real I will only go to wilderness areas where I am allowed to carry a big bore revolver, 30.06 rifle or a 12 gauge with slugs.
Jersey Devil?
The Following User Says Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 09:31 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper_Ed View Post
Jersey Devil?
I think that maybe whatever it was is what people say must have been the Jersey Devil when they have an experience....... But the official Jersey Devil story is nothing shy of RIDICULOUS, so I doubt anything resembling that story exists.

But it would seem that every couple of years someone spots a Sasquatch type thing in or near the Pine Barrens. The description is pretty much the classic Bigfoot but a bit smaller, between 6-7 feet tall..... Instead of the 7-9 footers seen elsewhere.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Klbsa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 12:40 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,081 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klbsa View Post
I think that maybe whatever it was is what people say must have been the Jersey Devil when they have an experience....... But the official Jersey Devil story is nothing shy of RIDICULOUS, so I doubt anything resembling that story exists.

But it would seem that every couple of years someone spots a Sasquatch type thing in or near the Pine Barrens. The description is pretty much the classic Bigfoot but a bit smaller, between 6-7 feet tall..... Instead of the 7-9 footers seen elsewhere.
Well the Jersey Devil has been sighted since the 1770s. Serious researchers think most of the sightings were large cranes that blew in on storms from the Southern U.S. or even Latin America. If you were to view a large flying crane in bad light from a distance it kind of matches the description of having a horse's head, long legs and wings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 12:24 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper_Ed View Post
Well the Jersey Devil has been sighted since the 1770s. Serious researchers think most of the sightings were large cranes that blew in on storms from the Southern U.S. or even Latin America. If you were to view a large flying crane in bad light from a distance it kind of matches the description of having a horse's head, long legs and wings.
I have seen HUGE blue Heron birds fishing in the lakes and rivers of the Pine Barrens a handful of times so I could believe that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klbsa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 01:47 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 2,075 Times in 618 Posts

Dog man?

I have an experience I keep threatening to relate here (or maybe I already have). There seems to be something to the dog man legend.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2020, 03:03 PM

Default Devil Dog of Delta Junction

I've been working my way through all these great stories & thought I'd share one. I don't reckon this'll count much for heebie-jeebies among this hardened lot, but maybe somebody'll find some entertainment in it.

Story goes, back in the '90s, my grandparents had a house several miles outside Delta Junction, Alaska, where I spent a couple of summers as a kid. Back behind the house was woods, not too thick, easily walkable, and if you traipsed through them in a straight line for fifteen or twenty minutes, you'd come out in a clearing which I suppose belonged to this little dairy that sat on the land, though it wasn't fenced & I never saw any cows on it. Anyhow, I liked that piece of ground well enough that I used to make that little walk any chance I could get. That area is thick with moose, which we'd see about daily, and I found a fresh pile of dump out there once that I figured must have been a bear's, but the only animals that I had the good sense to worry about at the time were the hornets, nasty little yellow jackets, which I'd encountered quite a bit up around the house & which I was starting to figure ought to have been the state bird, if the enormous mosquitoes hadn't already claimed that distinction.

So, you know, I'm on my little walk one day & maybe a bit off my usual path, as I saw this rotten old log that I hadn't noticed before. You could see from a little ways off that this thing was a den for hornets, so I'm giving it a respectful berth, keeping an eye on it, no problem. Only, as I'm skirting this thing, from out of nowhere bounds this huge, dumb-looking dog, like a black Marmaduke. I kid you not, this infernal beast comes tearing up from out of the woods behind me, bumbles straight over the hornets' nest without missing a beat, and heads on its merry way, never to be seen again.

Here I am, then, jaw agape, in throwing distance from this riled up swarm of hornets. I'm not sure what dingbat adult told me that this type of critter won't sting if you stand still, but I wish they'd been there with me, as I obtained proof positive to the contrary on that occasion. Nor, it seems, do hornetkind respect retreat any more than they do stasis, as these little fiends stayed on me the whole way home & I spent the rest of the day laid up under the kind ministrations of my angelic grandmother, who I'm sure was more than half-ready to pack my little butt back off to civilization.

In any case, a rational mind would tell you that the dog belonged to one of the other houses out there, of which there were a couple, and was not, in any way, a trick of the Devil, or even Old Nick himself, out there in the woods for the sole purpose of siccing those hornets on me as I passed by. As for me, I can still see that rascal's floppy face as he makes a beeline for that accursed log, and he seems to to me to grin, or maybe even to wink, if dogs are capable of such a thing. That, I couldn't tell you, having been more of a hamster person myself ever since.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bjames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2020, 09:11 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 2,075 Times in 618 Posts

Dogs do have a way of doing the very thing you'd think they wouldn't, so he probably did it on purpose!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarine33 View Post
Dogs do have a way of doing the very thing you'd think they wouldn't, so he probably did it on purpose!
Damnedest of all possible luck if he didn't! It was like one of them dreams where you think, "wouldn't it be awful if..." and then, of course, that's the very thing that happens. It makes me laugh now, that old devil dog, but I guarantee you it struck me as a singularly strange occurrence at the time! Thanks for reading.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bjames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 01:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,297 Posts

About 10 years ago a friend and I were coming home from ice fishing it was probably between Christmas and new years. I assume it was quite late because we were the only vehicle on the freeway. Ahead of us in the sky was a orange/yellow glowing oval standing on its end roughly as bright and half the size of the full moon. It was drifting very slowly in a very odd way to the west. We watched it for a minute or so as we were driving and once we were on a straight section of road I pulled over. Shut off the car and got out. The thing didn't make a noise. Neither one of us knew what it was. Then it disappeared. We assumed it was way off in the distance and huge.

We got back in the car drove another half mile or so, the entire time trying to figure out what we had just seen, and there was another one. Only this time we could see what it was. It turned out it was one of those Chinese paper lanterns that you light a fire in and they float through the sky. This one was close enough to see until it broke through a layer of fog causing the flicker of fire to go away and instead give off a strange soft glow.

If we hadn't seen the second one I would still to this day swear we had seen a UFO that night.

Edit: This last 4th of July we were at a town fireworks show and someone across the lake was launching paper lanterns and quite a few people were very confused at what they were seeing and aliens and UFO's were brought up many times that night.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lasers For This Useful Post: