Concerned this is a calm period before the end of 2012 storm - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WWIII - The Calm Before The Storm Radio Controversial News and Alternative Politics 0 12-30-2014 07:25 PM
Calm before the storm Marcello Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 12-27-2013 11:37 PM
Calm before thew storm? MrPunem General Discussion 4 04-15-2013 11:33 AM
Concerned About The Second Half Of 2012 Grandpa Pipes General Discussion 0 06-29-2012 12:42 PM
Anyone Concerned about the 2012 Elections? Ordinary44 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 61 02-23-2012 12:24 PM
Are you concerned about 2012? kev Controversial News and Alternative Politics 80 11-23-2011 09:09 PM
Calm after the storm kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 08-26-2011 12:44 PM
Calm before the storm kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 83 08-21-2011 09:45 AM
Calm Before The Storm Velcapitan Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 08-21-2011 12:33 AM
Calm before the Storm ozarkeagle General Discussion 57 12-17-2009 03:26 PM

Old 05-21-2012, 05:45 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 7,626 Times in 3,138 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillar View Post
I don't think anyone has spotted the elephant in the room in Global Warming and its impact on us.

Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Time to reap has come

Thanked 3,917 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWStiner View Post
Agreed.

Our worst problem ahead is not Iran or Israel.

It will be financial collapse.

1) The Myan 2012 End of the World is just another Y2K joke. There is nothing there.

2) Panic Buying: It is already happening on firearms. People are scared that Obama will win then the gloves come off and we will all be communists withing a year.

3) I had a lengthy conversation with an Israeli on the last cruise I was on. We played poker at the Texas Hold'em table for some time together. He was a conservative Israeli and fully believed that all the military posturing was just a big bluff. He said that the world would have to get used to a nuclear powered Iran. Read the Israeli newspaper every now and then to get a more accurate prospective on what is really going on. http://www.haaretz.com/

4) Zimmerman Trial. Yes, that is a real threat. I fully expect him to be found not guilty and there to be riots afterwards. There is a lot of black rage in this society and race baiters like Jackson, Sharpton and even Obama are egging it on.

My final thought on financial collapse:

In the 232 years since the founding of our country leading up to President Obama the national debt was 9 trillion dollars. In the first 3 years of Obama's presidency he has added 6 trillion more dollars to the nation debt. We now have 15 trillion dollars of nation debt.

Did you know that for the last three years the US government has not had an operating budget? They have been passing extensions after extensions with no budget in place.

Bad things are coming. There is now talk of a QE3. Did you know that the Federal Reserve purchased 61% of the new debt in 2011?

61% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is 2 trillion dollars poofed into existence. Of course there will be a QE3, and QE4, and QE5......

We are screwed.
Agreed, the financial part is a mess. Wanted to mention on the mayan comment. It cant possibly compare to y2k. Y2k was a computer glitch worry. This would have only concerned countries that used them. 2012 theory is a world event concern that extends through out world cultures. They all have varied views but ultimately the same. The mayans never claimed the world would end. That is something that went viral. BUT there calendar does refer to celestial cycles. They have it down to a tee, this is agreed by our experts today. The calendar doesnt end, it repeats(cyclic). Anyways, these celestial space cycles greatly affects the earths cycles. This is the odd, almost seems unpredictable weather patterns we are seeing on the rise. This well continue until the cycle peaks. And most likely well get worse until then. We can expect more crazy weather. With that comes food supply loss's, more financial strain, increase in disease, stress with humans, then this leads to wars and rumors of wars. etc. It is all a trigger/ripple affect. Remember, im not saying the world well end, but the upheavel could expect to increase and y2k truely couldnt compare. Also be prepared for the increase in odd human behavior. Fear/panic brings the worst out in them. Preparations not only with food etc, but protection I think well be just as vital.
Wanted to add: I believe Iran is a big worry. I dont trust those who's goal is to wipe us off the face of the earth. I dont want to debate anyone on that. It is just my personal opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestTime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Be Prepared

Thanked 1,417 Times in 574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoycottTheDay View Post
I guess my global warming thing was a longer term problem and not a 2012 thing. Just something to get ready for. Just if your planning to move somewhere you might as well have a picture in your mind of what the new planet will look like in 25 years. Head for the high ground in an area that isn't going to be too dry. Just sayen

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM. View Post
I won't weigh in on the whole Zimmerman thread(there are enough already.) save to say I don't believe Zimmerman's, nor Martin's family's version. There is a whole lot of dead ground between those two tales................
I do agree with you. What is always surprising to me is why he follow the guy so closely and why he took his gun. If you have your gun in that situation is because you are ready to kill. This is one of the people that I call gun nut. If he would have care about his safety he would have known how to take care of himself. I definitely do not know what happened but why he approached a young guy bigger that him that that he thought was up to no good without knowing self defense. I think this is one of the part of prepping that most people are missing, without a gun they would not be able to defend themselves.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 7,626 Times in 3,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillar View Post
Just if your planning to move somewhere you might as well have a picture in your mind of what the new planet will look like in 25 years.
Do you really think Liberalism will survive that long?

Ya;ll a suicidal cult with a doomed destiny imho.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
I love this forum

America is in the economic toilet ( maybe the world ).
All it is gonna take is 1 domino to fall.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I love this forum

A word if I might about the Mayan calendar.
At the end of 2012, the Mayan calendar starts over. It is that simple.
I have been to the region, been to the ruins, seen an actual stone calendar, and talked to the locals.
It simply starts over.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM

Not worried about the Mayan thing, the other 3 do cause me some concern. Save & Prepare
The Following User Says Thank You to scdavid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,475 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDeep View Post
Yeah you got that from some 1600 to 1800 year old book right (you might thing it's 2000 but it's not)? Sounds like it has about the same percentage chance of being right as the Mayans, or Nostradamus or any other person from 500+ years ago. Your prophet has to be the right one right?

Sounds a lot like the kettle calling the pot black to me.
You know, I didn't call any pot or kettle black. I respect other peoples veiws, something you apparently don't. Obviously you're not a religious person. Thats fine. Don't stomp on my beliefs. I don't view the bible as some kind of opium that makes everything better, but what I've read, and what I've seen has shown me that it's word can be trusted, and if more poeple lived by its principals this world probably wouldn't be in the mess it's in. Even if it was only 150 yrs old, I'd say its been pretty accurate for our time. Place your faith where you want. Don't be telling me where to place mine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exetermedic101 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 02:11 PM
American fearmaker

Thanked 27,453 Times in 8,824 Posts

I look for the beginning of November to be the start date of all sorts of trouble. I look for the trouble to continue until about March or April of 2013. After that things will calm down a bit. Those of us who live near Section 8 housing can almost expect burglaries, home invasions and crimes against people on a sudden and vicious basis from November on for awhile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 02:19 PM
minimalist

You can take every words of this thread and put them together and at the end of the day. THIS IS WHY WE PREP. Who knows what and when lets just ride this wave out. And at the end of the day us preppers will have the last laugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to son-of-a-SEAL For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phred View Post
A word if I might about the Mayan calendar.
At the end of 2012, the Mayan calendar starts over. It is that simple.
I have been to the region, been to the ruins, seen an actual stone calendar, and talked to the locals.
It simply starts over.
Just like our calendars...

Time to order a new calendar!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:14 PM

I'm praying the world holds up long enough that I can have a decent supply of knowledge and a good stockpile. I only started prepping about 9 months ago, so I'm working hard to move a little faster in my preps.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,454 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
This is just my opinion, but I am concerned this is a calm period before the storm.

We have four situations facing us:

2012 elections
George Zimmermen trial (remember rodney king and the riots?).
Israel and Iran
2012 predictions

I am concerned about civil unrest if Zimmerman is found not guilty, and I am concerned about panic buying as we move closer to November / December 2012.

The December 2012 prediction thing has a small percentage of the population worried, obama getting reelected has another percentage worried.

Between obama second term, and 2012 predictions, I look for the stress level of the general public to rise. As the stress level rises, I am concerned that people will start a low level panic buying that could last several months.

In case you have not been keeping up, the US has moved an armada of jet fighters and bombers close to Iran.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...ses-near-iran/

Bad situation worse, US attacks Iran, Iran sinks some supertankers. Which causes an environmental nightmare and disruption of oil shipments.
The Zimmerman trial will be short lived. The Rodney King thing was short lived. Sure a few buildings might get torched and some Whites beat up in several cities but it is NOT big enough to blow the lid. However like you said add all of the potential problems together and we have a tense nation. Iran is just another war we cant afford and if Obama takes us in he will lose re election. But no matter, Romney is the exact same mindset. He is a Globalist investor and will continue business as usual so the election has no real bearing in my opinion. NOTHING will change politically. We had our chance to put someone who would have led us back to liberty and we failed.

Where the real danger lies is in loss of liberty due to Globalist fear mongering. These maggots have convinced the world that they can stop terrorism and war if we give them control. If Agenda 21 gets fully implemented ? we will have real civil unrest like this nation has never seen. The battle between Nationalists like myself and Globalists who wish to assimilate into the world collective. This fight is already going on. Tea Party versus Occupy type mentalities are already clashing. One side screaming for Liberty while other wants free lunch for everyone. I really think the Zimmerman thing is a distraction that will be used by Globalists to push for more control. Its called a Dialectic. Clinton was real good at using a bad event to further a cause like gun control. It was Kissinger who said never let a good disaster go to waste.

Look for real ID or some form of global identification that contains all of your information to be implemented this year. Look for a global currency and more Global government leading up to the end of 2012. Look for Mexico to apply for statehood and then see the plan of George Bush SR. come to life. The North American Union completed and Agenda 21 implemented. These things are happening as I type. Water will be the new oil and people Like George Bush JR. Stand to become Billionaires when it goes Global through free trade agreements. You will lose your water rights. Some people already have.. It is a calm before the Storm KEV. You are right on target about the tension level rising. The Zimmerman thing will result in more loss of liberty. How much will determine if there is a civil war or not. Kingfish
Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,454 Times in 1,765 Posts

I want to add to this, The sheep or mainstream American will snap like a dry branch when their general Liberty is taken from them. Gun rights, 1st amendment rights,etc. The Zimmerman thing may add some fuel to this fire giving idiots like Carl Levin or Chuck Shummer more reasons to push for the implementation of severe gun control and internet blackouts. It will be the liberty grabs though that start the fight not blacks being angry that Zimmerman walks. We will just have to stay focused and stay prepared. If Blacks in your area get angry stay away until it cools off. Believe me most Blacks do not want a race war and will not start one over one dumb gangbanger. Liberals however want a race war. They want violence to escalate so they can push more gun control through. This is why this case is even mainstream. Everyone I know turns if off when it comes on. Why? because its Bulkl $&16 thats why.