Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Australia and New Zealand ANZACS

Advertise Here

Old 01-23-2020, 01:51 AM

Default When I'm elected Dictator....

Advertise Here

Just thought I'd start a thread where members could post some ideas on what they would do or what changes they would make to our current systems of how things are run/done were they to become Dictator of Australia.

I for one will reintroduce National Service (two years) and there would be NO exemptions. Those who did not wish to serve in the military for whatever reason would be given the option of working on projects that would benefit the nation such reafforestation, transport infrastructure, working in Nursing Homes and Hospitals, etc, etc. Those who opted for the military would also be able to extend their service and be able to take advantage of Defense Housing Loans.

After two years of working and receiving a wage, what would the participants do when suddenly their service time is up and they are now without an income?

They'd have to get a job! Especially as they wouldn't be able to claim the dole for at least six months, and they'd only be eligible for that for six months.

(You don't need to be overly serious with your ideas - a bit of humour is sometimes a good thing - but it'd be good to get a handle on how dissatisfied many people are with TPTB.)

Cheers,

Bid
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bidadisndat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,675 Times in 697 Posts

End all foreign wars.

Ban trade with China or anybody who does trade with China until they pass human rights reforms

Refuse to fun the UN until they put the right bear arms in the charter.

Cut foreign aid to any country that doesn’t respect the right to bear arms.

Personally deflower the miss America pageant winner , first and second runners up at the same time. ( hey it’s good to be the king).

End all gun control in the USA.

Switch to a flat tax.

End all welfare , including public schools and minimum wage laws. Replace with UBI.

Institute a mandatory gun buyback but only on highly collectible firearms I personally want. All others you guys can keep.

Require all universities getting state funding ( I already eliminated federal funding ) or federal loans to accept all qualified students in a first come first serve basis. Then increase the number of schools and double the number of medical schools.

Shot down all women’s studies , or other grievance studies departments at universities. Former leftest faculty will be assigned as slave labor to the NRA , GOA , Etc and other firearms ranges and charities for use as janitorial staff.

Spend 1 day a month shooting stuff with a tank. First month will be the Green Bay packers. Next month will be anybody affiliated with America’s got talent or other shows featuring singing contests.

Go on the view. But the ladies of the view have to wear shock collars. Hilarity ensues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 02:55 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 32,233 Times in 9,276 Posts

I've been pondering on this for a while myself about what if just for the fun of it.

For sure, your first thought Bidadisndat.

Would reintroduce National Service (two years) and there would be NO exemptions. Those who did not wish to serve in the military for whatever reason would be given the option of working on projects that would benefit the nation such reafforestation, transport infrastructure, working in Nursing Homes and Hospitals, etc, etc.

Make term limits on all government. Maybe between 2 to 4 years at a time. Would not allow the scratch my back i'll scratch yours. Can't remember what that is called but yall know what I mean. Limit the amount they can make up to but not more than 100,000 a year. That way someone who really wants to work for us the people will do it not for the money but because they really want to help the people.

Implement a flat tax and end all gun control. All children must have mandatory gun classes and be taught how to garden.

Parents would have the option to home school their children if they wanted but they would still have to follow the laws that are in place now on how they pass each grade.

Next, put all farmers back to work growing food for the US only. If we have too much extra then sell it to foreign countries.

Eliminate all food additives and fillers. All cities would grow their own food so it wouldn't have to be shipped. Get rid of all imitation foods. If it can't be made by what the us can grow then it would not be allowed inside the borders.

Borders would be closed to all outsiders. For those who already in the states. Only allow those who have been here 30 years or more that have worked in the same line of work for 20 or more years to stay and make the rest go back to their own countries.

Ban all cigarettes that are made now but raise tobacco and smoke it like days of old if you just have to have it.

Get rid of credit cards, store cards, gas cards, etc. You can keep your debit card if you have a checking account but no charging of anything allowed. If you don't have the money you can trade/barter for it just like it used to be done.

Everyone would be under law to grow their own food, those who didn't have a place to grow their own food would have community gardens.

There would be no welfare period. If you are disabled there would be something you would be able to do. even if it's just for a few minutes at a time. "Other than military, see further down".

Automatic Death Penalty for murderers, rapists, child molesters, Life in prison for drug dealers unless it could be proven they murdered someone then they would get the death penalty. Make the prisoners grow their own gardens like what used to be done back when. For those who commit and are arrested for spousal and child abuse. Mandatory 5 years for first offence. 10 years added on for second offence. 3rd offence, life in prison.

For women who hurt their children, the same for child abuse but on the first offence they get sterilized.

Get rid of the hunting seasons but allow the limit on how many animals could be gotten at once and manage the herds like deer, elk, bison, etc. Basically raise them like you do cattle.

Withdraw from all wars that we are in

Give those who have served in the military free housing and medical. Those who are disabled and can't work due to getting injured in combat they get a a living wage that keeps them out of poverty.

End all aid to foreign nations.

Put limits on how much the drs can charge for health services, A limit on hospitals, emergency rooms, etc. But it be affordable to everyone.

Put a limit on how much can be charged for rent for different structures.

When it comes to alcohol and drugs, if you get 3 strikes you have to enter a rehab center immediately for a term of no less than 2 years. If you accidentally kill someone while drunk or high after you get out of rehab you automatically get the death penalty. If you still can't stay sober and you are arrested you automatically go back to rehab for life where you will be taught to make things like furniture, license plates, clothing, etc.

Like with drugs and alcohol, If you are diagnosed with a mental health problem it will be mandatory to be on medications that keep you stable. If you get 3 strikes you will have to enter a rehab center immediately for a term of no less than 2 years. If you accidentally kill someone while off your meds after you get out of rehab you will get the death penalty. If you still refuse to take your meds after getting out of rehab and are arrested you automatically go back to rehab for life where you will be taught to make things like furniture, license plates, clothing, etc.

For fun, i'd bring back all the drive ins.

For all of those who are against any of this they will be made to leave the country and will never be allowed to return.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.

Last edited by TXplowgirl; 01-23-2020 at 06:02 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2020, 02:56 AM
Golfer

Thanked 2,609 Times in 1,464 Posts

Limit presidents war powers. Stop gerrymandering. Fund as necessary to expand public school down to age 2 and make it mandatory, just like grades 1-12.
Finally, ensure women get 100% of the pay they want, same as a man gets. In return, men get 100% of the sex they want, same as a woman gets.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:52 AM

TXplowgirl, How about replacing credit cards with debit cards. (Y'all know the banks would scream bloody murder at that idea, lol.)

Puttster, I personally don't think public schools should be taking kids less than five years old but rather think that parents should be required to bring them up with a good understanding of honesty, integrity, ethics, loyalty, respect for their elders, the difference between right and wrong, open mindedness, fairness and compassion.

On that note, parents should be held responsible for any wrongful acts committed by their children. (Surprisingly, that is done in some parts of China, where parents are required to pay for damage done to other peoples property by their children, or for penalties handed out by a court to their children.)

I'd like to see a society where mom, (or dad,) could stay at home during their children's most formative years instead of having to work for the money required to pay off credit cards. You know: Those bits of plastic that are used to buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, often to impress people they don't like.

Of course, as Dictator I'd enforce all of the above.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:27 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 32,233 Times in 9,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidadisndat View Post
TXplowgirl, How about replacing credit cards with debit cards. (Y'all know the banks would scream bloody murder at that idea, lol.)

Ok, i'll be nice and let them keep their debit card and thanks for the reminder of the home schooled. I forgot about that 1.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 07:43 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 26,704 Times in 9,554 Posts

There is no government like no government. No one has your best interest at heart but you. Death and taxes are the only sure things. We could do without taxes if there was no gubernment.

3 wolves and sheep down to discuss what's for dinner, unless the sheep is well trained and well armed the outcome is certain.

You think gubernment is your friend then read the Georgia guide stones.

If 10% of your earnings is enough for God then it should be enough for gubernment too.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 35,501 Times in 8,936 Posts

When I am elected Dictator......Everyone will be right-handed.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:42 PM

Default Gun Control

Stateside members here get pretty agro on the subject of Gun control.

Under my rule, Australia's gun laws would be revised and made the same throughout the whole country:

Firearms licences would still be required however training would be made more comprehensive and would have to include practical training as well as theory, and would also have to include a first-aid course covering GS wounds. (This could be a short course added to the compulsory FA courses conducted at high schools.) Hmm... Come to think of it, Firearms Safety courses could also be included in the curriculum. Experience in Texas has shown that those who have done such courses are less likely to accidentally injure or kill somebody.

Licences could only be held by Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. (Special conditions would apply to those with Dual Citizenship.)
Those with a criminal record of violent behavior would be excluded.

Registration would still be required, same as it is for motor vehicles (which after all can be dangerous weapons in the wrong hands.)
No registered firearm could be confiscated unless:
a) It was proven to have been used in a crime, or
b) It was found that the holder was mentally unfit. (Assessment to be made by independent doctors who are not anti-gun.)
c)That the holder was the subject of a valid AVO. That is, an AVO that has not been taken out of spite in an attempt to screw up someone's life as is all too often done.

Not unreasonably, safe storage of firearms and ammunition would still be required.

Semi-Auto's would be allowed, as would magazines with capacities of more than ten rounds, though with some restrictions on where they could be used.

Self defense would be considered a valid reason to posses a firearm provided that the holder is able to show that it is necessary.

Anyone want to add anything to this?
Old 01-23-2020, 05:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 24,124 Times in 7,540 Posts

Quote:
Anyone want to add anything to this?
I'd like to subtract most of it, but I'll just hit these two:

"Not unreasonably, safe storage of firearms and ammunition would still be required."

What is "reasonable" to you? Because I am certain that is UNreasonable to me.

"Self defense would be considered a valid reason to posses a firearm provided that the holder is able to show that it is necessary."

How does one prove that? Only get to carry if I'm rich enough to be robbed? Only carry if I'm a VIP? Seriously...that one is just silly.

If I'm dictator...I'll go along with your required gun training for youth, ammo and weapons provided.

I like the idea of 2 years service..could be fire dep't, search and rescue, answering phones at city hall, dog catcher, pooper scooper at the park, custodian at the school, whatever. But lets extend it to the Swiss model.

You get to KEEP the gun you trained with as a youth, for life, one handgun, one rifle, probably in .22LR and/or 9 mm. If you served in the military, you keep the issued rifle and/or handgun as well, and you have the option at any time to buy a copy of whatever you were trained or qualified on. Select fire, FA, belt fed, cannons, mortars, grenade launchers ...I don't care. Enjoy it. Be ready to respond if we call you up when China attacks. If you didn't serve in the military you can still buy any weapon, IF you can do the military qualification on that weapon first.

Suppressors are completely legal, not monitored at all. Magazines are completely unlimited.

You use any gun committing a crime, you're looking at a death sentence, or literal banishment to...I don't know...Chad? Uzbekistan? Chicago?

That's a start anyway...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

Also I’d punish people who commit certain gun crimes by giving the victim an option to shoot them.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:16 PM

CaFB,

I understand where you're coming from but you have to understand that there's a great difference in gun culture between our two countries.

Admittedly some of the laws now are to my mind ridiculous and such laws would be negated under my rule. A slingshot is an illegal weapon? That's insane! Who the hell commits a robbery or murder with a slingshot?

If you go online and check out our licensing laws you'd probably start foaming at the mouth.

I do like the idea of the Swiss model: Being able to keep the weapon you were issued and trained with, plus the Swiss also used to issue 50 rounds of ammo for it. Swiss Militia may keep military ammunition in their homes but ordinary citizens must store any military ammunition they have at an army barracks.

Agree with the idea of suppressors being made legal down here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bidadisndat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 06:21 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,311 Times in 1,801 Posts

I'm putting a weight limit on yoga pants.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Potawami II For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawami II View Post
I'm putting a weight limit on yoga pants.
I’m mandating then for some people.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:53 PM

Might have to stop Daylight Saving:

That extra hour of sunlight each day not only fades the colours of the curtains faster, it causes Global Warming.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bidadisndat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2020, 08:55 PM

Of course that was a joke, but there are probably quite a few people who could be convinced that it's true, lol!
Old 01-26-2020, 10:07 PM
Golfer

Thanked 2,609 Times in 1,464 Posts

Quote:
Might have to sop Daylight Saving:

That extra hour of sunlight each day not only fades the colours of the curtains faster, it causes Global Warming.
Awesome observation, one hour less sunshine per day could totally reverse global warming.

Also, God, and only God, decides what time the sun goes down. When man tries to change time, his arrogance will be punished. You have been warned.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:33 AM
statists' be statin'

Thanked 10,661 Times in 2,337 Posts

• Term Limits for Senators and Congress
  • Every one serves 2 years in the service or in some non-military "service" capacity for 2 years after graduating high school.
  • After your 2 years of service to the country, we will pay for 2 years of school so you can learn a trade. But, it's trade school. Engineering, nursing, teaching count as a trade as does electrician, plumber, or machinist. Women's Studies does not. The training must be for a specific career.
  • You remain in the reserves until you are 30 and keep your issued firearms at home. You can be called up to help with any local emergency at any time.
  • $5,000 annual, tax free, payment to any women aged 18-30 who will have Norplant 5-year birth control implanted. If you want kids, you're welcome to have them but we have too many unwanted, un-parented kids around and it's cheaper to pay irresponsible moms not to have them.
  • No person can borrow more than 30% of their annual income unless that debt is secured.
  • “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” - The federal government would get out of everything that should be handled by the individual states.
  • Any politician or government official violating a constitutionally enumerated civil right would be removed from their position and unable to serve in a public capacity again. I'd start with all who violate the 2nd amendment.
  • Federal taxes are capped at 10% of your income. If God only asks for 10%, the government shouldn't get more. There are easily hundreds of programs that could be cut to get the spending down to 10%. And, with all that extra tax money staying in the private sector, business will boom, wages will soar, and taxable income will rise enormously.
The Following User Says Thank You to maintenanceguy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 04:55 PM

Puttster,

I equate God with Mother Nature in many ways. The rising and setting of the sun is decided by the earth's rotation around the sun and there's no way man can alter that.

It's not time that's changed for daylight saving; it's the clocks that are changed.

Here's another change I'd make regarding the passage of time:

Each of the twelve months would be made an equal 30 days and the five days left over would be made a holiday period. (Six on Leap Years of course.) The holiday period would be during the summer solstice when there is more daylight available for enjoyment.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 24,124 Times in 7,540 Posts

Your calendar is terrible.

We need multiples of 7 to make weeks fit the month better.

35 days would be 10 months with 15 or 16 days extra for automatic vacation, we could split it to both summer and winter solstice, so that could include Christmas too.

But I don't see how a specified vacation time would work. No one to drive the plane or mix the drinks.

So how about 13 months of 28 days, that's only 1 or 2 days extra, so you can put them anywhere you want without too much effort. Christmas, the solstice, whatever. Not a "holiday period" just a day outside the calendar, those who MUST work (medical, police, etc) get double time and 4 extra days off at another point in time, and NO ONE else has to worry about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post: