Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,308 Times in 4,589 Posts
Default Glock 44

Advertise Here

Just got an email from Glock, and it looks like their big announcement is out, and its going to be a 19 sized .22lr.

Whos going to be first?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,513 Times in 26,333 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

I'm in, where do I send my money?
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,995 Times in 7,518 Posts

I'm impressed.

Not.

Is it REALLY limited to 10 rounds, despite having a 19 sized grip?

So you train for your 19 using the 44...and you learn to swap mags every 10 rounds? That's bad muscle memory juju...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2019, 01:54 PM
Survivor

According to the email, they will be avaialble 01.20.20.....

GLOCK Debuts a New Caliber Pistol;
GLOCK 44 Chambered in .22 LR
SMYRNA, Ga. – Dec 10, 2019 GLOCK, Inc., a global leader in firearms manufacturing and innovation, invites you to start the .22 Long Rifle (LR) caliber journey with the introduction of the new GLOCK 44.

The company debuted its first-ever .22 LR caliber pistol at a live product launch that included select media partners and distributors on site while GLOCK fans and brand loyalists tuned in to be a part of the experience from around the globe.

Since inception, GLOCK has been synonymous with reliability, accuracy and durability. GLOCK does not compromise when it comes to quality and reliability in a firearm. Now you can get the same trusted reliability and durability in a .22 LR caliber pistol.

The GLOCK 44 has a unique hybrid steel-polymer slide and mirrors the iconic GLOCK 19 frame size for optimal performance for new shooters, sport shooters, and everyone in between. “The way the G44 mirrors the iconic G19 is great and all levels of shooters will benefit from owning and practicing with the G44,” said Retired Marine Gunner Christian Wade. “I subjected the G44 to a variety of adverse conditions and it holds its own with every other GLOCK ever produced.”

Wade was one of two partners selected by GLOCK to rigorously test the GLOCK 44 in a variety of climates and adverse conditions. With over 30 years in the Marine Corps and as a firearms expert, Wade understands the importance of functionality and ease of use is realized in the GLOCK platform and carried on to the GLOCK 44.

GLOCK has taken everything that is fun and functional about a .22 LR caliber pistol and enhanced it to improve your experience with optimal performance. “While many .22 LR firearms exhibit tendencies to function differently with particular ammunition types, the G44 pistol functioned to near perfection,” said Bryan Peterson, Manager of Product Concept Development at Federal Ammunition.

Peterson was also a partner included in early testing and extended his expertise of ammunition through testing the G44 with thousands of rounds and a large variety of ammunition.

The G44 features many of the latest enhancements seen in the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols such as the ambidextrous slide stop lever and reversible magazine catch, the GLOCK Marksman barrel (GMB) for increased accuracy and performance, adjustable back straps, and adjustable rear sights. The G44 also features a ghost hole loaded chamber indicator and comes standard with two 10-round load assist magazines.

For more information about the new GLOCK 44, visit www.plink44.com.
Facebook Twitter Instagram
About GLOCK, Inc.

GLOCK is a leading global manufacturer of firearms. The simple, safe design of GLOCK’s polymer-based pistols revolutionized the firearms industry and made GLOCK pistols a favorite of military and law enforcement agencies worldwide and among pistol owners. In 2019, GLOCK celebrates its 33rd Anniversary in the United States. Renowned for featuring three safeties, GLOCK pistols offer users of every lifestyle confidence they can rely on. GLOCK, Inc. is based in Smyrna, Georgia. For more information, please visit us.glock.com.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
I'm impressed.

Not.

So you train for your 19 using the 44...and you learn to swap mags every 10 rounds? That's bad muscle memory juju...
Im sure there will be mags with a higher capacity down the road, Glock or otherwise.

Most 22's come with 10 round mags anyway.

Im curious to see if they actually got them to work.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 2,492 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
I'm impressed.

Not.

Come on! This is "Legendary"!!! /sarcasm off/

I'm with you. A .22 pistol is mildly interesting, but not exciting or anything close to "legendary".
Old 12-10-2019, 03:08 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchavasu View Post
Come on! This is "Legendary"!!! /sarcasm off/

I'm with you. A .22 pistol is mildly interesting, but not exciting or anything close to "legendary".
Its not. Im actually surprised it took Glock this long to come up with one, considering how long people have asked for them.

And a 22 won't replace the 9mm's I use for practice either. To me they are plinkers and toys, maybe a trainer to get a newbie started, but for nothing serious.

If Glock were to come up with well made and durable airsoft versions of the 17 and 26, and at a reasonable price, that would actually be more of an interest for me there.

Considering how well most of the conversion companies have done with trying to get them to work, it will be interesting to see just what Glock did, and how well they do. .22's have always been finicky and often a letdown, especially for things like this. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 2,492 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Its not. Im actually surprised it took Glock this long to come up with one, considering how long people have asked for them.
I was hoping they would be introducing a carbine or something. Something...well...LEGENDARY!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,995 Times in 7,518 Posts

Quote:
Its not. I'm actually surprised it took Glock this long to come up with one, considering how long people have asked for them.
This is Glock, ya know...

But I agree, the .22LR has had a significant target shooting presence in Europe, and the demand is obviously big here in the States, judging by the many, MANY .22 caliber handguns available in the $250-$400 range.

You'd THINK they'd have something to set them apart, other than, "It's a Glock!"

Quote:
And a 22 won't replace the 9mm's I use for practice either. To me they are plinkers and toys, maybe a trainer to get a newbie started, but for nothing serious.
I agree with this as well...the lower cost of the .22 doesn't matter, if you aren't training to handle the recoil (such as it is), timing, noise and all the other characteristics of the real deal, it's not good training for anyone beyond the bunny slope.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchavasu View Post
I was hoping they would be introducing a carbine or something. Something...well...LEGENDARY!
For me, anything they might come up with in that respect, wouldnt be available to us mere civilians anyway, so its kind of moot.

Not really a fan of semi auto PCC's anyway.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 63,661 Times in 20,336 Posts

I'll stick to my Advantage Arms conversions that allow me to use centerfire rounds with the frame.

Thanks though.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I'll stick to my Advantage Arms conversions that allow me to use centerfire rounds with the frame.

Thanks though.
Theres always that, assuming you have one that works. My brother has one of their conversions, and he cusses like hell every time I ask about it. He said you fiddle with it more than you shoot with it.

Thats whats got me wondering what Glock did with this 44. Then again, its a dedicated .22, and I suppose it should work, since its designed to do that. Or at least you would think.

I dont see Glock going to the trouble and releasing it though if it didnt work. Might put some tarnish on the "Perfection".
Old 12-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Survivor

I have 2 that work and have owned 2 others that worked.

That's normal for the many friends of mine I recommended them .to and own them.

Ask him what he shoots in them and how well does he clean them?

Eta:
I 'got' trigger reset by taking a 500 round Brick of.22, and 100 rounds of 9mm to the range with my G19.

Went home with very sore fingers and no Ammo (none of that ammo) left.

They have thousands and thousands of rounds through them.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Survivor

As I remember, he said he was shooting the hotter CCI's through them, but Im not 100% sure there. Hes pretty picky about cleaning things too, so I doubt that was an issue.

From what Ive seen looking for reviews on them, them not working well isnt all that unusual, and actually, a pretty common complaint.

Ive thought about getting them (and others) in the past, and the negatives always seemed to outnumber the positives that I never bothered. Just not in the mood to try a figure things out that should work form the git-go, but dont. That part of Glock has never been an issue. Then again, they arent Glock either.

Your point on the large bore conversion makes sense too, and I wonder if thats why Glock went the dedicated route. Maybe they couldnt get it to work well enough to suit them. Then again, this is a whole other gun they get to sell.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Survivor

I'd bet "sell another gun"

I typically use Remington golden bullets, have him try that and if it doesn't work send it back and see what they say.

Quote:
We highly recommend Remington "Golden Bullets" for everyday plinking and CCI MiniMags or Federal Automatch for better accuracy.

again:
EVERYONE I know in 'meat world' who has one loves it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 10:05 PM
Wind

Thanked 1,760 Times in 783 Posts

I had read else where there would be a 15 round available .
Old 12-10-2019, 10:46 PM
feeling my age

had an advantage arms conversion - firing slow....all good. firing fast....not so much. same with the ceiner conversion. had a ceiner on a beretta 92....same m.o.

i will recommend the cmmg 22 long rifle conversion for ar-15s. works fast and slow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vonfatman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,095 Times in 440 Posts

I emailed my LGS earlier asking to be put on a waiting list. They are a stocking Glock dealer, so hopefully get one early on.

While I'm excited to hear about a 22 Glock. WTF! It needed a big release date and press announcement? Its a 22?!?!?! It's just another 22 pistol. Seeing I was in the market for another Ruger 22/45 Lite, this will be a good fit for that spot. As I use almost exclusively Glock pistols for carry and competition.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

To be honest I was disappointed. I was really hoping for a carbine.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:24 AM
59840 - could fix a lot

Thanked 11,480 Times in 3,090 Posts

Brilliant idea on Glocks part - and a new market for them - that is some thing that's not strictly defensive

if it runs like a Glock and since it's 44 I suspect they've been testing the snot out of this thing for a while they'll sell a ton of them

Anyone know where they're making it?

As to 10 rounds are there other .22 pistols with more than 10?
The Following User Says Thank You to wtr100 For This Useful Post: