Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 01-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 25,447 Times in 8,985 Posts

Advertise Here

Min, the Chinese are kidnapping women from North Korea. Women who want to escape, pay a broker, and then find it's a marriage broker and they have now been sold to a husband in China.

Junglecrawler, there was a big scandal at a sperm bank recently when the high achieving, rich, successful, multi degree holder with mad athletic skills turned out to be a schizophrenic college dropout who looked totally average. I believe 19 kids were fathered and now the parents have to watch for signs of mental illness. They are very upset, and suing.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 10:04 AM
5 Will Survive

Thanked 63,208 Times in 10,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Junglecrawler, there was a big scandal at a sperm bank recently when the high achieving, rich, successful, multi degree holder with mad athletic skills turned out to be a schizophrenic college dropout who looked totally average. I believe 19 kids were fathered and now the parents have to watch for signs of mental illness. They are very upset, and suing.
Reminds me of the moral lesson of the movie Gattaca.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:53 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,470 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darwath View Post
It was his kid. He shut down the perpetuation of his own genes.

I really don't mean to be callous about it, but in my opinion giving the state fee reign is setting child raising standards and punishing non-compliance is a far greater and wide-ranging tragedy than a handful of children dying each year because their parents are dumbasses.

Suppose the kid had died because the father failed to yield when turning left on green. Would that warrant felony child endangerment charges?

Sometimes stupidity is tragic, and sometimes the tragedy itself is far more punishment than the govt could ever hope to administer.
On top of that should we jail the doctor and sue the hospital if a medical treatment was found to kill the child?

Happens every day.....
Old 01-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Possum Lover

Well, I feel sorry for the families because my psychotic issues were totally inherited from my grandmother. But they have good medication these days, if taken regularly, should have minimal issues.

Sorry, I never saw the movie. Long story why I don't watch a lot of movies.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Min, the Chinese are kidnapping women from North Korea.
The entire female population of North Korea wouldn't solve their problem. There is something like 33 million more Chinese males than females under the age of 20. Like I said, unlikely anything good for China or the world will come out of that kind of imbalance in a country with 20% of the world's population. Then throw in another 17% of the world's population in India with a skewed sex ratio nearly as bad...
Old 01-17-2018, 05:00 PM
Possum Lover

I agree, it's a mess. Ultrasounds did a lot of harm in those countries. I believe in India it is now illegal to get the sex when you get an ultrasound done because they had so many people rejecting the girls.

But girls grow up to be women, wives and mothers of the next generation. It's a mess, alright.

At least in China they adopt many of the baby girls to American families.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:01 AM

So, lets say SHTF and you maybe contract rabies. What do you do?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,105 Times in 5,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodHavenHunter View Post
You die.

I think that people are wildly underestimating how fatal rabies is. Not everybody who is exposed to rabies will get it, but when somebody survives It it is front page news. Literally. I have seen a survival on the front page of the newspaper, and that is WITH all the care the hospitals could offer..
The Following User Says Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,105 Times in 5,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vman View Post
actually if you read medical literature instead of listening to Medical opinion that is not true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Source? because when I went to nursing school some years back, the fatality rate was listed as over 99% even if modern care was given
The Following User Says Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 44,120 Times in 13,567 Posts

I would MOSTLY agree if you contract rabies during SHTF you will die, but there are always exceptions.
Like most, my father's family really suffered during the depression. The 5 boys in the family hunted every day. One day a squirrel who wasn't quite dead bit him when he picked it up. Upon closer look it was clear the squirrel had rabies. 5 miles to the nearest group of people, 10 to a Veterinarian, 20 to a hospital. No car, no horses, no money.
They IMMEDIATELY carried him the 5 miles. A man with a buggy took him to the vet. The vet said he might live if they got him to the Dr. The Dr said he might live if he could get vaccine. 14 days later and with the help of a whole county, my father lived!
Old 01-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,801 Times in 1,538 Posts

This is a sad story, and people love to point the finger. But I don't think we need the Govt. poking its nose into everything.

What surprises me is just how few cases of rabies there seem to be...its sort of shocking I didn't get it as a kid, with all the animals I had contact with and how many different things bit me over the years.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,784 Times in 5,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodHavenHunter View Post

If you actually contract the disease as opposed to just being exposed to it? You die horribly... and along the way you potentially become something that resembles a rage zombie as the fever destroys your brain.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:22 PM

kayakjohn,

Make sure you take that stand when kids get a hold of Guns. I have both and continuously check behind myself.

Here is another way to catch rabies

https://www.dailywire.com/news/19987...ex-joseph-curl
Old 02-07-2018, 03:05 PM

What state did this occur in?
Old 02-07-2018, 04:57 PM
I ain't doing that!!

Thanked 12,445 Times in 4,656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minozarkco View Post
kayakjohn,

Make sure you take that stand when kids get a hold of Guns. I have both and continuously check behind myself.

Here is another way to catch rabies

https://www.dailywire.com/news/19987...ex-joseph-curl
That's interesting. My dad was a veterinarian and I learned early on that the virus is transmitted by contact with saliva, spinal fluid and brain matter of infected animals.

I also noticed that the article said 15 teenagers went to the hospital for treatment. I can't decide if they actually contracted rabies, or went to the hospital to get the shots that are given once you have been exposed.

Additionally, the donkey's owner had the donkey put to sleep to avoid any more humiliation. Man, I dunno how they do things over there but here in Oklahoma that's NOT how potentially rabid animals are handled. Especially if there is the possibility that there are humans who could be exposed to the virus.

I dunno. Not saying the article is a fabrication, just that it doesn't pass the sniff test from where I sit.

https://www.ok.gov/health/Disease,_P...on/Rabies.html
Old 02-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Viva la revolution!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,486 Posts

I don't know about where you live, but everywhere I have ever worked they take just the idea of exposure very very seriously. Rabies like Tetanus is easily avoided with modern medicine but if you don't follow the rules it kills dang near everybody dead
The Following User Says Thank You to Guntoteninfadel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2018, 11:59 PM

V1 Monster
It was in Florida, Last year in Madison County FL a local treated a sick horse. They did an autopsy found rabies. The vet and the tech needed to be treated for rabies.