internet trolls - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet information to gather for future use if there is no internet darlenea Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 32 10-31-2015 05:15 PM
The Trolls are here! scrappy1343 General Discussion 32 01-15-2010 10:45 AM
Trolls Texas Patriot General Discussion 48 09-23-2009 01:46 PM

Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Target Shooter

Default internet trolls

Advertise Here

For the life of me I cant figure out why somebody would sit on their computer all day trolling website comment sections and other forums, such as this one. you know, i get why somebody might do it once or twice like when we made prank phone calls as kids "hey...is your fridge running?", but to sit in a comments section of a news website and argue and ridicule people just baffles me.

it almost seems organized and pre-planned to rile everybody up because the trolls do the same thing on every news comment section on the interwebs. as i read through a comments section i see a single troll, and it is always just one troll per comment section, makes comments from beginning of the thread until it is shut down, for hours upon hours they monitor that one thread. and the strange thing is these are obviously not children doing this because of the articulate counter arguments they pose, but are always polar opposite of common sense, just to **** people off?

it is almost too coincidental that there are so many trolls out there doing the exact same thing, and it is always trolls countering conservative opinions.

what do you think? Is it organized by big brother or just purely evil people wanting to stoke the flames toward civil unrest? or maybe they are one in the same?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lone star defender For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,957 Posts

The internet makes tough guys out of many rude like geeks. Anonymity fuels bravery. Most of these little trolls wouldn't last long in the real world they would always be in the doctors office.
They are everywhere on the internet not just here. I guess not much else to do in there moms basement .
Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 45,618 Times in 13,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone star defender View Post
it is almost too coincidental that there are so many trolls out there doing the exact same thing, and it is always trolls countering conservative opinions.
Trolls are found everywhere public opinion is posted. If you believe only liberals can be trolls, then you have only been reading conservative forums. I am sure one of our members can answer your trolling question as many here like to brag about being thrown off liberal forums.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Never Give up

Thanked 14,183 Times in 4,470 Posts

I found it funny when we had the government shutdown most of the trolls were absent. But maybe I'm just a little paranoid. But I know what I feel it is for the most part.

We had one that came on here every day 5 days a week for 9 hours a day but he did take a 1 hour lunch break. He even got awards for posting so much.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rascals For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 80,486 Times in 32,268 Posts

I wish to thank the academy --
Old 02-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Trolls are found everywhere public opinion is posted. If you believe only liberals can be trolls, then you have only been reading conservative forums. I am sure one of our members can answer your trolling question as many here like to brag about being thrown off liberal forums.
Liberals have forums? What do they discuss .. How much they hate Bush? or maybe How much they hate rich people( except the rich people that donate to them) ? How much they hate people in the South?
I know conservatives have there share of haters but liberals in the forums are just full of hate and have major issues with everyone .
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to texstephen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I live this form

Thanked 38,617 Times in 9,858 Posts

Many trolls don't have any political affiliation. Ever hear of reddit?
The Following User Says Thank You to scipio337 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,059 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texstephen View Post
The internet makes tough guys out of many rude like geeks. Anonymity fuels bravery. Most of these little trolls wouldn't last long in the real world they would always be in the doctors office.
They are everywhere on the internet not just here. I guess not much else to do in there moms basement .
Those are some pretty strong words...and the conviction is what really sells it. I wonder why you didn't leave your contact information with this post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monet108 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,786 Times in 4,827 Posts

What's your problem with TROLLS? I don't see how you think you can VIOLATE a person's right to freedom of speech just because YOU don't agree with it. PERHAPS the difference between trolling and asserting our freedoms is whether people feel threatened or tend to agree with what is said.

We should just make people like the OP the CENSOR POLICE and let them audit what is deemed trolling and what each person feels should be allowed to be just a risque statement. and BTW...I....Will...Be....Monitoring.....This.....Th read!!!!

See what I did there
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,181 Times in 3,940 Posts

They are pathetic little people, not worth worrying about.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grogan14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Shuriken snowflake

Thanked 18,686 Times in 7,842 Posts

Trolls don't have a political affiliation. If they have any agenda part from causing turmoil, that makes them non-trolls.
The Following User Says Thank You to speedofl33t For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,162 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone star defender View Post
For the life of me I cant figure out why somebody would sit on their computer all day trolling website comment sections and other forums, such as this one. you know, i get why somebody might do it once or twice like when we made prank phone calls as kids "hey...is your fridge running?", but to sit in a comments section of a news website and argue and ridicule people just baffles me.

it almost seems organized and pre-planned to rile everybody up because the trolls do the same thing on every news comment section on the interwebs. as i read through a comments section i see a single troll, and it is always just one troll per comment section, makes comments from beginning of the thread until it is shut down, for hours upon hours they monitor that one thread. and the strange thing is these are obviously not children doing this because of the articulate counter arguments they pose, but are always polar opposite of common sense, just to **** people off?

what do you think? Is it organized by big brother or just purely evil people wanting to stoke the flames toward civil unrest? or maybe they are one in the same?
I quit reading the comments sections on news websites. Nothing but a bunch of retards calling people names. I think half of them are sitting in some shack on the other side of the planet.

If Stalin had a forum the trolls would disappear forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wild Bill H For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,172 Times in 2,654 Posts

It's simple really. If you feed that stray dog, you'll never get it off your porch.
So, if you like your front porch, DON'T feed the strays.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ATST For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Happy to be here!

Thanked 15,037 Times in 3,590 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 2

I used to be a troll. I have my hot button topics and would get into long winded debates with strangers. I'd get all worked up over it. Still do once in a while. I guess I'm a semi-retired troll?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,986 Times in 3,762 Posts

When I was in my teens and first started driving, my friends and I would get on CB Radios and talk a lot of garbage specifically to **** people off. Had some folks hunt us down but it was all for fun. We were punks for doing it but then again we were young... I imagine folks do the same with the medium offered today in internet. why they do it? Bored and want to stir up drama/trouble is my guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marbro For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Never Give up

Thanked 14,183 Times in 4,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATST View Post
It's simple really. If you feed that stray dog, you'll never get it off your porch.
So, if you like your front porch, DON'T feed the strays.
Ya but some of us live so far out that stray dog, coyote, cougar, end up not only leaving the porch, but they also end up either getting buried or mounted on the walls. Either way no more stray. So in real life its an easy way to take care of Pest.

I believe we can have dialog with others who don't feel the same way as we do, but I don't like when the only reason they are on a sight is to give false info or intentionally misguide people. I would hate to have somebody to get hurt or lose there lifes because of really bad info. That's one of the things I like about the fourms, people can disagree and learn other ways to get the same results.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,510 Times in 2,976 Posts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catfish11 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 06:34 PM
I'M READY!!

Thanked 10,544 Times in 3,338 Posts

Internet trolls are great! Some folks get irritated by them but I dunno...some of the responses and ideas that come out of people trying to counter the troll are what make a thread or opinion piece worth reading. Not to mention the really "out there" trolls. Theyre just pure entertainment gold
The Following User Says Thank You to elliott264 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Joe McCarthy was Right!

Thanked 9,350 Times in 2,957 Posts

Trollin' trollin' trollin' ..... Raaaaw hiiiiiide.

Its entertainment man.

Were all susceptible to it from time to time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 8,762 Times in 2,664 Posts

What if in fact this hypothetical web-forum (or others) the OP is complaining about what had turned into an "echo chamber" --or was dominated by a very few vocal posters who were not used to having their opinions challenged.

They are challenged by someone who may be in fact even more conservative than what this now "echo chamber" was used to hearing or tolerate.

What if a whole new set of "conservative ideas" were being propelled by someone with talent and persistence?

Would this be considered "trolling."

What if the people in said echo chamber kept proposing and considering ideas and political premises that are hackney and failing--and kept complaining when they get the same result? --and what if someone pointed this all out?

Would this be considered trolling or flaming as well?

And on the other side... the US government and military use "counter-bloggers" to propel and maintain the regime's status quo under the guise of being "conservative." (they are easily flushed out BTW).

Are they trolls as well? --or traitors to the republic?