Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-04-2020, 10:23 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,387 Times in 722 Posts

Advertise Here

I had my truck searched by a cop once.

I had two 1911 45 autos in a sleeping bag in a cargo box mounted in the bed.

The cop picked up the sleeping bag during the search and set it aside never knowing the guns were rolled up in the bag where they would not be damaged.

Later i became friends with thee cop and a few years after he retired i told him about the guns being in the sleeping bag that he had handled.

We got a good laugh about it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to augoldminer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2020, 03:47 PM
IRON ON COURAGE

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,287 Posts

I had my car pulled over and searched 49 years ago. I was young and went to visit a friend whose neighbor was being surveilled by MEG .

I know now that I should have refused the search. I had three friends in the car, two I did not know well, which in retrospect, could have been a problem .

The police who pulled me over, a bunch of them, lied about why they pulled me over and spent 45 minutes tearing into every corner of the passenger compartment of the car and making surprised pronouncements whenever they found something.

Like....WHATS THIS.. ??

For example, a Weston light meter in a leather case, roll of VW tools, or a complete CB radio installation behind the rear seat. (VW Karmann Ghia). There was nothing illegal for them to find. It was all theatrics designed to get one of us to "fess up" on who knows what.

They separated all of us and grilled everyone.

Funny I don't recall them looking into the trunk or engine compartment.

I tell folks today, don't voluntarily submit to a search. You have no idea what they might find, that someone else left in your car, previous owner, your parents pills, etc.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2020, 10:59 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,507 Times in 620 Posts

Aftermarket speaker grill on door. Use velcro to keep it in place. A plastic speaker enclosure can hold a pistol.

If vehicle has a center mounted speaker on top of dash, then a 6 x 9 speaker grill can cover a hole large enough for full size pistol.

Bottom of center console can be cut out slightly smaller than its floor. A piece of plastic, especially if fuzzy like in a lot of consoles can do a great cover up there.

I can assume this could be possible. Just because one of my bug out vehicles is a Suburban doesnt mean anything. Of course I would have no first hand knowledge of something like this to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to fordtrucksforever For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,401 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucksforever View Post

If vehicle has a center mounted speaker on top of dash, then a 6 x 9 speaker grill can cover a hole large enough for full size pistol.
Every vehicle is different,but the top of my dash gets pretty hot.Either running the heater on defrost,or the sun in the summer.Heat "shouldn't" affect a firearm,...but......
Old 03-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Hiker

Think I may move my spare tire outside on a bumper swing and redesign the factory well for a locking lid. I'm replacing the carpet anyways. I also like the shelf under the center console idea
Old 03-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Deplorable Freedom Zealot

Thanked 11,102 Times in 2,377 Posts

After a look at GA OCGA 16-11-112, it is in regard to concealment of a person
for an unlawful purpose, controlled substances, or other contraband.

Law also mentions previous attempts to conceal all the above.

There's nothing in there about concealment of legal to own property being a crime.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Guy View Post
I bolted and then welded a small ammo container to the frame under my van. I also added a lock. I keep a spare key, a couple pill bottles with some junk silver and about $100 in small bills. Also a privately purchased .38 revolver. If I am asked if I have a firearm in the van I can honestly say " No sir." I don't see any cop laying down and trying to squeeze under it.
I am pretty sure in New Mexico at the check stations at the highway they used a mirror on a stick to check the underside of our vehicle.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,604 Posts

When I go on trips I will often loosen up inside trim panels and and pack the body full of emergency items:chains, jacks, water, antifreeze, oils, trans fluid, break fluid, spare bearings and grease, canned goods and so on. Then snap the panels back in place. That way I have lots of extra emergency supplies without taking up interior room in the van.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:16 PM

Lasers, I thought they only did that at prisons and in the movies. I have never seen that in real life. Of course I never drove thru Nazi occupied New Mexico. I still think it could be overlooked but might have to look for a new placement.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:56 PM

Thanked 7,807 Times in 2,075 Posts

Be careful with those hidden compartments, some States have Laws concerning them. Even though Texas doesn't have laws against them hidden compartments in vehicles have been used as excuses to impound them even though no Laws were otherwise broken.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia...t-1/16-11-112/
Quote:
(B) Examples of "false or secret compartment" may include, but are not limited to:

(i) False, altered, or modified fuel tanks;

(ii) Original factory equipment on a vehicle that has been modified; or

(iii) Any compartment, space, or box that is added or attached to existing compartments, spaces, or boxes of the vehicle.

(2) "Vehicle" includes, but is not limited to, cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, aircraft, helicopters, boats, ships, yachts, and other vessels.

(b) It may be inferred that the accused intended to use a false or secret compartment if a person knowingly has a false or secret compartment which:.....
https://apps.texastribune.org/featur...-reeves-smith/
Quote:
U.S.-Mexico border, a Webb County sheriff’s deputy pulled over a southbound car that Border Patrol agents had flagged for having hidden compartments. There was nothing in the compartments, but because deputies suspected it was tied to drug trafficking, they still seized the 2007 Nissan Altima. The driver wasn’t charged with a crime.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,465 Times in 589 Posts

I have had a couple of used cars searched by local police as a "training opportunity" before I bought them. One alerted but nothing was found. It got returned to the owner.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:49 PM
Healthy Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper708 View Post
Text of the statute. The compartment isn’t illegal, the construction of it to conceal a controlled substance is. To convict under that statute, they’d basically need to catch you with dope in the box. If you hid literally anything else in there, you’d have a pretty legally solid defense.

SECTION 1. That section 2923.241 of the Revised Code be enacted to read as follows:

Sec. 2923.241. (A) As used in this section:

(1) "Controlled substance" has the same meaning as in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code.

(2) "Hidden compartment" means a container, space, or enclosure that conceals, hides, or otherwise prevents the discovery of the contents of the container, space, or enclosure. "Hidden compartment" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(a) False, altered, or modified fuel tanks;

(b) Any original factory equipment on a vehicle that has been modified to conceal, hide, or prevent the discovery of the modified equipment's contents;

(c) Any compartment, space, box, or other closed container that is added or attached to existing compartments, spaces, boxes, or closed containers integrated or attached to a vehicle.

(3) "Vehicle" has the same meaning as in section 4511.01 of the Revised Code and includes, but is not limited to, a motor vehicle, commercial tractor, trailer, noncommercial trailer, semitrailer, mobile home, recreational vehicle, or motor home.

(4) "Motor vehicle," "commercial trailer," "trailer," "noncommercial trailer," "semitrailer," "mobile home," "manufacturer," "recreational vehicle," and "motor home" have the same meanings as in section 4501.01 of the Revised Code.

(5) "Motor vehicle dealer" has the same meaning as in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code.

(B) No person shall knowingly design, build, construct, or fabricate a vehicle with a hidden compartment, or modify or alter any portion of a vehicle in order to create or add a hidden compartment, with the intent to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance.

(C) No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or intended to be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance.

(D) No person who has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of aggravated trafficking in drugs under section 2925.03 of the Revised Code that is a felony of the first or second degree shall operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment.

(E) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of designing a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance. Except as otherwise provided in this division, designing a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the fourth degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of division (B) of this section, designing a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the third degree.

(F) Whoever violates division (C) or (D) of this section is guilty of operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance. Except as otherwise provided in this division, operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the fourth degree. Except as otherwise provided in this division, if the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of division (C) or (D) of this section, operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the third degree. If the hidden compartment contains a controlled substance at the time of the offense, operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the second degree.

(G) This section does not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the performance of the law enforcement officer's duties.

(H)(1) This section does not apply to any licensed motor vehicle dealer or motor vehicle manufacturer that in the ordinary course of business repairs, purchases, receives in trade, leases, or sells a motor vehicle.

(2) This section does not impose a duty on a licensed motor vehicle dealer to know, discover, report, repair, or disclose the existence of a hidden compartment to any person.

(I) This section does not apply to a box, safe, container, or other item added to a vehicle for the purpose of securing valuables, electronics, or firearms provided that at the time of discovery the box, safe, container, or other item added to the vehicle does not contain a controlled substance or visible residue of a controlled substance.
The Following User Says Thank You to stanimal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 02:36 PM
I don't wanna talk about

From reading the actual laws, don't keep a body or a kilo of uncut heroin with your gun and you should be ok. Bleat. Bleat. ****ing sheep
Old 06-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Illegal is a sick bird.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:23 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

I tell folks today, don't voluntarily submit to a search. You have no idea what they might find, that someone else left in your car, previous owner, your parents pills, etc.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Contriband they planted.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Hound Dog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2020, 08:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,724 Times in 1,928 Posts

Some states are even charging the person building the secret compartments. It's all a push to turn law abiding citizens into felons. It's back-door gun control.

Other states are saying it has to be used to hide criminal behavior (transporting drugs). It's just another charge the government can threaten you with. This is why good people cannot skip out on jury duty. When you do, you lose your chance to tell the government you don't buy into these type of laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldCorps For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2020, 10:26 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,456 Times in 3,618 Posts

Stick some PVC pipes on your roof so it looks like your going to do some piping work.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Prepared

Drive a black Trans Am and just outrun the smokies. Can't search what they can't catch.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,724 Times in 1,928 Posts

There are several companies that sell customized inserts made for cars/trucks that give you secure storage. It doesn't have to be a "hidden" compartment to work.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:38 AM
Wayfinder

A friend in the 70s used to keep his weed in a small metal container that he stashed in the air cleaner of his car. Just one wingnut to unscrew to reach it. The cops never disassembled his air cleaner to look for contraband and he was never caught.